All hotels in South Portland, Maine, United States of America
171 Philbrook Ave, South Portland, ME, 04106, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Good for overnight"
Good clean place for an overnight. Would stay again
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Relaxing get away!"
We found out this Hampton Inn was dog friendly, which really excited us. They even had treats for the dogs (made them part of their family). The beds were very comfortable, breakfast was delicious. We could not have been happier. We were in adjourning rooms with more family members and we had a great time. We get confused, however, when we book with an outside group like Expedia. We are not given reward points for the stay. Not sure why - a stay is a stay!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Clean hotel"
Stayed here for one night. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Hotel was extremely small and lobby area was surrounded by 2 entry doors on either side which made the breakfast area freezing cold. Breakfast was tasty and hot. Pool was over cholorinated and caused my son to break out in hives. Room was small but modern. Right across from a mall/restaurants. Would return if in the area.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
brittney
"nice hotel"
my stay was amazing i had a wonderful night
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Nice hotel, nice staff, bu cold eating breakfast."
Front office staff were extremely helpful. My only dissatisfier for the hotel was the location of the breakfast area. It was so close to the main doors and every time the doors opened a gust of cold air would come in. They need to either relocate the breakfast area or increase the heating in that space to overcome the effect of the door during the cold season.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Stayed due to snow storm was a nice stay for being unprepared to have to stay overnight . Room was very clean and bed was very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Caroline
"Quick and comfortable"
The room was comfy and the staff very accommodating. We enjoyed our stay despite some tired features.
1 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
fredric
"yess."
It was amazing. The staff was wonderful.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Warm reception on a cold, snowy day."
Welcoming, friendly front desk staff. Gave directions to nearby businesses. Breakfast could have been better, e.g., real eggs instead of fake egg patties. Comfortable room and bed, but very noisy heater fan.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
JamesD
"Not bad for a Hampton Inn"
Spent one night here and overall it was fine. It appears to have been refurbished in the not-so-distant past, so the rooms are actually a bit more stylish than you might normally find at a Hampton Inn. The room isn't huge but there was enough space to get around and the furnishings were good. The rooms and public areas seemed reasonably clean. The front desk staff were friendly. It's right next door to the Maine Mall, so it's convenient if you want to go shopping, but it's also a higher traffic area. I tried the vending machines on multiple floors but couldn't find one that had water in-stock. There are plenty of nicer hotels in Portland, but this strikes a reasonably good balance between price and quality.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"January 2015 2 night stay"
Great hotel in a great area. Tons of restaurants, shopping and easy access to highways.
2 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great 2 night getaway!"
My wife and I stayed here for two nights for her birthday. The hotel was very clean. Our room was facing the Maine Mall and was very quiet. Ideal location ,close to plenty of restaurants and stores. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"New years eve one night stay"
Checked in went ok. The man said your room is right down this hall by check in. Well they might as well put us in the lobby it was so close. It was so loud all night it was crazy. It was dirty, two spiders in tub when I filled it to bathe. Then hair in bathroom, which was not mine followed by peeling off wallpaper, a hand towel rack that was barely still up and it was freezing. I was not happy at all!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
lynnette
"Yearly trip."
I always stay for New Years and I love it.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Man at check in wasn't very nice..."
Was in town for one night and decided to stay because of a snow storm. At check in, waited my turn in line behind another customer which was fine although the desk was so close to the entrance that snow kept blowing in anytime someone walked by the automatic door. When the customer ahead finished up the front desk agent never looked up, welcomed me, or thanked me for waiting even. After a few seconds I said I was checking in. He cut me off and said he was helping someone. I hadn't noticed a guest standing around the corner. The agent then looked at that guest and said how can I help you, then went to retrieve toiletries that guest was asking for. I was uncomfortable and to make small talk, hoping to encourage hospitality, I told him it smelled amazing in here. He finally looked up and replied, I just took cookies out of the oven. However he never offered me a cookie. I guess it was just to tease me. He game me my key card and pointed to the elevator but never asked me for my rewards number, which I have and use as I stay in hotels very often. He also did not tell me about checkout or breakfast times and I had to ask about wifi. Other than that the hotel was nice. My room was comfortable but the bathroom had red nail polish stains down the side of the tub, which looked alarming at first until I realized what it must have been. I appreciated so many cable channels and the location to the mall and restaurants.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
wendy
"New Years Eve Getaway"
Stayed for New Years Eve. Stayed on main floor, thought noise would be an issue as hotel was booked and you needed to pass out room to get to pool and fitness areas. It however was not. Breakfast was included in our stay, it was more than we expected. Hot items were hot and cold items chilled perfectly. Only issue hotels was higher prices than AAA. We have never encountered that before as they are usually the lowestest. We will however check next time. Great hotel, will stay again!
"family getaway"
Went to have a 2 day vacation with husband and 3 kids. Loved the pool n hottub. Awesome free breakfast. I would recommended this for a family trip or any trip.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
jessica
"They skip the fancy and splurge on the service."
I booked this stay for a last minute, out of state, emergency. I was unsure how long I would be in this area so, I had to add days, one at a time. I ended up spending lots of time in the hotel between appointments . Because of the nature of my time there, I wasn't expecting to be comfortable and settled in but, I was VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. Everyone was so kind and accommodating. Everything was so clean and comfortable. The staff obviously take pride in this hotel because there were always little extras put out for guests...a bowl of fresh apples in the lobby, some soup another day, there was always tea, coffee and hot chocolate available. I cannot praise this hotel enough. If ever I am in this area again, I will absolutely stay here.
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
susan
"Kids trip."
Took the kids to Portland over Christmas break. The pool was nice. Check out at 12 gave them time to swim that morning. Breakfast was delicious. I never would have thought to have kielbasa for a breakfast meat but it was delicious. The room was nice. Clean, comfortable, with everything we needed for one night. Wish that we could have stayed longer.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Christy
Awesome! We'll be back!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Hampton Inn, Portland Me"
Nice place, friendly staff, comfortable room and bed, clean bathroom. Breakfast could have been a bit hotter
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Overall experience"
We really loved the extras. The breakfast was excellent!! The extra take along bags were great too. First time staying there and will recommend. The only 2 complaints that I have is bad pillows ( too soft) and the coffee..not too good ( I am a serious coffee drinker and was dissapointed) ,but rest of stay was good
6 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
raquel l
"Excellent hotel"
Hotel was great. Rooms were comfortable, clean and very well appointed. The staff were very helpful and courteous. Would recommend to everyone.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Darryl
"Nice enough place... don't use HOT TUB!"
We enjoyed our stay for the weekend with the kids. The check-in and out was very easy, and friendly. The breakfast was very nice hot & cold style. Our only complaint was the hot tub. It was nice and hot like we like, however, the bubbles had dead skin floating on them. It looks like someone took a loofah to their body in the tub. We were completely grossed out and got out. I only go to hotels that have a pool for the kids, and hot tub for myself to relax. This part was a big disappointment to us. Otherwise, your average hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great place to get an overnight rest"
On our way back from Sunday River Ski Resort, we stayed at Hampton Inn Portland Airport to get some rest. The stuff is very polite. The facility is clean. We got the rest we needed before hitting the road again. The complimentary breakfast is also great. Definitely recommended.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
ZZ
"Will stay again."
Hotel staff was very pleasant, breakfast choices were many and pool and hot tub very clean. Convenient to the mall and dining.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Tamela
"Great visit with family for Christmas!"
One day and night stay meeting up for a Christmas visit. My brother, sister and nephew drove up to Maine and I drove down for a central visit. The staff was wonderful with greeting my family, including my dog, and my 5 year old nephew. They were able to get us rooms near each other - fun for the nephew. Rooms were clean and comfortable, loved the pool and the location next to the mall worked perfectly for us - for someone else the location might be too busy next to the highway. Thanks so much for a relaxing, comfortable visit. Breakfast had great variety for all and was very tasty!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
elizabeth
"Highly Recommend If You're A Shopper"
If you're going to Portland to shop then this is probably your place. Literally walk right across the street to the Maine Mall. Also, literally 2 minutes from 295 so be in the Old Port or even Freeport really quick. The hotel itself is nice. Really clean and well kept. Pretty modern. Free breakfast was great. Was gonna go to IHOP, but filled up at the hotel and saved my money!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Not a bad place to stay"
The rooms are beginning to show their age a bit but not a bad place to stay. Safe and quiet and the staff was excellent.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
I have always been pleased with Hampton Inns. They are clean, have comfortable rooms, a great breakfast and friendly & helpful staff.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
The hotel was fine. Could have been a little more updated. We were next to the elevator which you could here but wasn't much of an issue while sleeping.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Overnight"
This hotel was very convenient for an early morning flight! Hampton Inns are genuinely my favorite however when I went to sink into a nice warm bath I found moldy faucets and a dirty tub! Please check your cleaning staff !
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Mrs
"Ok for one night"
The pillows were not comfy. The breakfast was good with many vegetarian options. I had to ask for soap, they only supplied 2 towels. The hotel did not provide any pamphlets for things to do nearby and when I asked them they didn't know where the Portland lighthouse was.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"OK, but not the place for the power shoppers!"
We were on a yearly shopping trip to the Portland area, this time 10 people travelling.Our king room was adequate for 2 of us, but left little room to move around. Our room was on the first floor, near the lobby area, and shared a wall with the ice machine, which cycled about every 3 minutes. Other noise from the lobby/ rear entrance was not an issue. Our room was probably designated accessible, with extended rill in sink and grab bars in the bathroom. The tub was a standard tub, and there was no vanity or even a shelf to put toiletries. The bathroom ceiling tiles were not dropped in place the wallpaper around the sink area was very discolored and worn and the sink backsplash was coming a way from the wall.The room was clean but was very tired. The Duvet cover was crisp white but the duvet inside was lumps and bumps and a king bed with 4 small pillows left a huge gap in the middle with none. Just little things, but not a great spot to hang out and relax after a day of power shopping, which seems to be the biggest clientele at most of the hotels in the Maine Mall area. Nothing terrible but definitely not the best bang for your buck in the area. The other rooms were small as well, definitely a passing through, need a bed for the night kind of place. Front desk staff were indifferent to most of the guests, certainly not as welcoming as many other places in the area.
2 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
john colin
"College visits"
Visiting colleges in the area. We enjoyed Portland. Our room was clean but small. Pool was small also. Fortunately it was not busy.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"Our home town get away"
A nice get away near home when the kids came to visit. We let them have the house and we escaped. Hotel was clean, neat and most importantly quiet. The only down side was the bath tub which had a nice depth but not the length. This coming from one who likes a warm soak at the end of the day. We would and will stay here again when possible.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Good room/ bed/food. Had a great time in Maine.
1 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
GGood
"Great Hotel, close to local travel points!"
Overall, a great experience. Room was more than roomy. Hotel staff was great. Cleaning crew was polite and gave my wife and I some good tips on visiting local areas and restaurants. Pool/hot tub was clean. For me the best part was fresh coffee throughout the day and a great breakfast every morning. The breakfast was vaired every morning which was great because we stayed for (3) nights. The location was quiet but within 3 minutes of accessing the Interstate. Though we could see the Interstate out our window; we never heard the traffic. We were on a side road next to the shopping mall parking lot so we didn't have to deal with traffic.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
very close to shopping and malls. Pricey, and staff on the desk were often absent (in back)....when we checked in we were not advised of breakfast offering, or any local "tips"....other than that we had a good stay.
2 night trip Oct 15, 2014
theresa M
Hotel was great location for experiencing Portland and surrounding site without having to pay the high prices of the downtown hotels. Nice hotel with nice staff.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"CE Wiliiams Hampton Inn South Portland ME review"
Everything was Excellent
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Claude
"Excellent Hotel"
I was so very impressed with this hotel and thought that it must be newly built, but found out that it has been there for 25 years! Great location. Very clean. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Great breakfast choices. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Regine
"Perfect stay for getaway weekend"
Perfect stay for getaway weekend. Good location (next to Mall) Short taxi ride to downtown (if you don't want to drive yourself) Clean Friendly
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"Great place!"
Great hotel. Staff was friendly. Clean rooms and quiet neighborhood. We would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
robert
"Ok stay"
The staff was not as friendly as a usual Hampton Inn has. They were resurfacing parking lot and it was a nightmare. Getting in and out they only had enough room for one lane so terrible when meeting another car going opposite direction They did not leave enough spaces for guest to stay in so you had to park across in a big mall parking lot. Every morning the housekeeping staff knocked on the door at 9am and didn't give you enough time to answer. Way to early on weekends. One day I was in the shower. Ugg
3 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Bad construction planning, great inconvenience"
I reserved 2 rooms hours before our arrival on Saturday Sept 20 at 9 PM. Upon arrival all but one constricted lane of the Hampton Inn entrance was blocked off and being re-surfaced. The main entrance itself was blocked off as well requiring all vehicles and pedestrians to enter the hotel from the rear. At least 3/4 of the usually available parking spaces were also under construction and not useable. This created chaos in several ways. First, there was no signage indicating any information about where to go, where the entrance was, and how to park, etc. Secondly, this created a traffic jam of cars entering the property down one temporary lane and not being able to turn around and exit once they were in the property itself. Many cars and people were milling frustratingly around trying to figure out what to do and how to check in and/or park their cars. Finally I was able to park my car off the premises on a nearby major road and carry in my bags (through the back entrance) and check in, only to be told that I had to park my car at the Maine Mall parking lot, quite distant and across a very busy major thoroughfare. It took me one hour to navigate all of this chaos of bad planning and bad signage and finally check-in. Being late in the evening, we missed a dinner reservation, and were inconvenienced. A warning to guests before they reserved that the hotel roads, entrances, and parking lots were virtually unusable would have helped as would have better staff conduct.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Portland, Maine airport hotel"
Staff was very helpful and friendly. Was able to get the airport shuttle at the god awful time of 4:00 am, and was even able to have some yogurt & granola that early (before normal breakfast hours). That was great. Room was also very quiet and clean, which I appreciated.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Convenient Location"
Convenient location to the airport and at Maine Mall for shopping. Although parking was inconvenient because they were paving the parking lot, we were able to take the airport shuttle to our car. Rooms were functional and clean. The included breakfast was adequate, not great.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to freeway. Also a good value"
Except for the lot construction the stay was what I expected.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Just what we wanted"
This hotel was just what we wanted. Finding it was not easy despite being opposite the mall but that was down to road signage. Once there it was what we have learned to expect from a better-run Hampton Inn. Breakfast was very good indeed and better than some B&Bs we have used.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014