All hotels in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States of America
1340 N Wesleyan Blvd, US-301 Bypass & I-95 Exit 138, Rocky Mount, NC, 27804, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.9
    2.9
    2.6
"Maybe ok?"
Wow, talk about mixed emotions. We paid thru Hotels.com. They (the hotel) tried to collect again the full room price again, apparently did not understand how it worked? I suggested we call Hotels.com and they just gave us the key to the room. Nice that they gave us the benefit of the doubt. Then the room had wet carpet under the ac, a dehumidifier, a chair blocking the entrance? All lamps unplugged? Mentioned to the clerk, said maybe maintenance left the de humidifier? That said, the bed was clean and comfortable, bathroom Was clean. Found tags from clothing on the floor, so apparently carpet not vacuumed? Next morning we tried to check out but they still had doubts that I had paid! I called Hotels.com and spoke with Lisa. She called the hotel and cleared everything up. Hotel finally understood. Slept alright, but was disappointing that the hotel gave us room that apparently should not have been rented, and tried to collect when we had already paid. They ended up making a suitable adjustment, but I would not be inclined to go back.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Terrible!"
I will never stay here again. The room didn't feel clean at all. The first room we got in the TV didn't work. So they moved us to another room where the remote didn't work. Room had a funny smell & all. Needs some updating!
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Tasha
"Good stay"
This place was awesome compared to the "ought to be condemned" Motel 6 beside it that we were at for about 30 minutes
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Keith
"No fitness center"
Room was clean. The fitness center is closed and does not seem ready to open anytime soon.
2 night business trip May 29, 2015
Frederic
"WORST EXPERIENCE EVERRRR!!"
It was horrible...should have been free to stay there...never again!!
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
DARRIN
"You get what you pay for."
We had to make an emergency trip and since it was so late and we only needed to sleep, chose this hotel because of the price. It was in a sketchy area and we were actually a little nervous upon arrival. The hotel is older, but the room turned out to be acceptable and appeared clean although in need of upgrading. There was a very musty smell, but we were so tired because of the late hour that we just went to sleep. We didn't even try the breakfast. It appeared typical as hotel breakfasts go. This is a big hotel so to upgrade each room would come at a substantial price, which would mean the nightly rate would go up as well.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Cheryl
"Could not get any sleep"
The room we had was on the ground level. All night long there was continuous conversation of people walking by our room. There was a great deal of noise and not just by a few people. The room was also in need of modernization and the tub / shower did not look clean enough to use. We left the room at 500 AM due to the continuous noise. I mentioned at the front desk and they stated that there was nothing they could do.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Ron
I made a reservation for the wrong night - April 1 instead of April 2. However, there was a room available and because I'd had to pay for the night I was a "no show" the desk clerk gave us a room at a very good rate. The room however smelled musty and didn't seem very clean. The bathroom had an open and used bar of soap from the previous occupant. Everything was dingy and looked dirty except the towels which seemed OK. it was nice to have the mini-fridge and I do appreciate disposable cups rather than questionable glasses which may or may not have been properly sanitized.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Anonymous
"Worn and Tired"
While travelling with my son, I had hoped to get work done during our down time. When we booked the hotel and Expedia promised wi-fi. Upon arrival IO tried to pull up the wi-fi. It would not come up. I went to the front desk and was told it was "spotty throughout the motel, but I should be able to get it in the hotel lobby. I went back to my room, gave up on work and decided to watch TV. This too proved to be a challenge as the TV seemed like it was from the Cronkite era and the remote was missing. Yes, I was worn and tired upon arrival, but that was nothing compared the room I stayed in.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
LAP
"A great place to stay!"
Free breakfast had great waffles. Staff was extremely helpful in accomadating our needs!
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Ok, but the room really needed an update"
Ok for one nite, but I wouldnt want to stay there another nite
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Marsha
"on the road again"
Everything was fine. I think you have under rated the hotel
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
"On our way home."
We needed to stay overnight on our way home. Our requirement was we had our pet with us and needed to find a place that accepted pets. We were very satisfied with our stay at Days Inn. The price was very affordable and very close to restaurants. We will definitely think of this hotel when we return north in the spring.
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Patti D
"This place should be burned to the ground."
Have traveled all over the world..this was the worst place I have Ever stayed!!!!!
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"Second Class Citizen!"
when I first arrived at Days Inn golden East. I arrived at approximately 330 in the morning even though it was the day my reservation was to begin I was charged an extra 30 72 go into my room that night.the next morning I woke up I went to use the iron the ironing board was not closed it remain that way for today I went to plug in my cell phone and the faceplate for the electrical outlet came out of the wall it was here in the bathtub. Giving the staff the benefit of the doubt these things were corrected in time. Then I was offered to stay for an extra 7 days for the amount of 236.00I later found out the next day that this price did not do any of the amenities I can only get my room clean thoroughly once a week and I was not allowed to partake in the continental breakfast the wife I was in opera bowl both weekends that I was at the hotel.sincerely Mrs Dianne Darwin
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Dianne
"Not recommended hotel"
I had to wait until after 3:30pm to get clean towels, the toilet wouldn't stop running, the recliner was broken and the headboards were falling apart. The hotel needs a total remodeling. By the way, my son wanted waffles and the waffle iron was broken. I stayed because I booked nonrefundable rooms.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great overnight stay"
The room was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice pool area. No issues or complaints. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Tess
The hotel was about 10 miles off of 95. The blankets had rips and holes in it, and the room had a bad odor to it.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Overnight to myrtle beach"
Room was hot and stuffy on arrival....could use a new paint job...was clean though, courteous staff
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"near everything i needed."
Great location. Centrally located near everything. Shopping, restaurant theater etc. Great stay, great staff.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
A. Wade
"Route to FL stayover"
The hotel was dirty, smelled bad and had a hole leading to the outside. The hotel didnt provided in room iron/ ironing board. You had to check it out at the desk and iron on your bed. For the price you get can a better room. I will never Stay here again!!!!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Okay"
We had some plumbing issues. The toilet in one room did not flush well and the other room the toilet overflowed. Everything else was just average.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Okay for the price"
The room served it's purpose. It smelled really good and overall it was clean. The facility could be upgrades. The sheets and the fixtures in the room were old. The staff wasn't rude but they weren't enthusiastic and warm either.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Ahren
Most of the hotel was condemned. No one there at night. For breakfast had to drive 1/4 mile up a busy 4 lane highway. Our room had been redone but the beds were terrible, very hard and could almost feel the springs. Hallways smelled bad. Overall an uncomfortable stay and made us nervous. The place looked abandoned.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"oh really"
I have stayed here on several occassions and each experience is different. This time around i thought I should leave my review because we were not at all happy with our stay. I was in town for a funeral and after driving all day I was looking forward to taking a shower before some of the events. The bathroom was dirty. Hair was left on the floor, on the toliet, and in the shower. Looked like no one even bothered cleaning. The only towels in the room was a wash cloth and hand towel. I called to the desk to get bath towels and was brought another set of wash/hand towels. I was running short of time since that took a while and decided to wait until I came back to check on the towels. When I went inside to the front desk I was told I could not get any towels because there wasnt any dirty ones left in the room and they were having probelms with guests stealing. I had to raise h*** to get towels...im sorry but I am pregnant, tired, and by the days end needed a towel not only for me but the other person staying in the room. Its not my fault others are stealing the raggedy towels they have at the hotel. Oh and cant forget to mention the towels looked dirty that were given to us. So if you are staying at this hotel please bring your own towels!!!
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Coffee maker and iron did NOT work. We were there on a Saturday night. Hotel seemed to cater to high school prom students and college age students. They were noisy and wild. Police had to be called at 1:45 am as they were having a brawl right outside of our room. Will never stay there again. Low end 2 star hotel that could use some renovations.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
On the way to Myrtle Beach
"Hi"
I loved gators. Kamika at the front desk is great too!
5 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
My biggest complaint was that no one came and made my bed during my stay. They were sold out the night before so maybe cleaning crew just got overwhelmed and didn't have time. I dunno. Also, the walls are pretty thin so you can hear everything going on outside. If you're a light sleeper this may bother you. Otherwise it was a great location right in the middle of a nice area of restaurants and other stores with easy access to freeways.
2 night trip May 3, 2014
"Quick Stay"
This hotel was easy to access and had ok accomidations. Good for a quick 1 night stay.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Less than I expected from a Days Inn."
I suppose sometimes you get what you pay for, I expected more from a days Inn! While the price was great, the accommodations were less than expected. Dated room, worn carpeting and a less than appealing smell to the room. I've stayed at other Days Inn's and this one was not up to those previous stays. Front desk person was very kind and accommodating.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"our visit"
Overall good. House keeping and front desk staff was excellent.
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
"Unable to even stay"
Unfortunately we had a smoking room which we could not even enter due to the extreme smell of smoking.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Mona
"Nice place to stay overnight"
The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff were helpful and friendly. The free breakfast was a bargain. We felt that we got a very good deal. We were just passing through but, if I had an event in the area, I'd have no problem staying there for a week or so. Great place!
Response by Days Inn Rocky Mount Golden East
The Team of the Days Inn and Suites of Rocky Mount would like to give you lots thanks for all the wonderful things you had to say about your experience with your stay at our hotel. Thank you for choosing Days Inn and Suites Rocky Mount for your home away from home. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Deb
"Ok stay"
Room was clean. Sink faucet was not attached to the sink, and the shower head was not attached to the wall - both fixtures were loose. Staff was friendly.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Todd
It was filthy!! Dirty towels in the bathroom when we got there. Never saw a maid in three days. Mold on the walls and doors. No outside lights one night.
3 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Quick night"
If you want a quick night, low cost and limited choice breakfast, this is probably a decent place. Other than that, I'd look elsewhere.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"It is what it is"
The hotel staff was very professional, friendly, and efficient. The room was adequate and what you would expect for a modestly priced room - nothing fancy but certainly OK for a 2 star establishment. The room appeared clean; however, there was a peculiar odor of what smelled like rancid bacon grease - faint but present, noticeable but not worth the effort of calling the front desk. I had some difficulty finding the place. It is not right off I-95 as the directions indicated. After a couple of wrong turns, my GPS and I made it to the door. This worked well as a cheap, one night stop over at the halfway point of a long journey.
Response by Days Inn Rocky Mount Golden East
The staff and management of the Days Inn and Suites Rocky Mount would like to thank you for all your kind words. We strive to give our guest a pleasant and welcoming experience at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
Not fancy but good for the price.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
"No hot water for 20 min."
No hot water for 20 min., terrible TV, remote didn 't work...didn't even want to touch it...book with area info was vandalized and didn't want to touch that either...toilet rocked...I was one of what appeared to be 3 guest that evening.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Total Dissatisfied Customer"
The stay was awful! 1.There was no heat and it was very very cold. 2. They sent two (2) different maintenance employees to fix the heat with negative results. 3. They sent blankets with cigarette burns due to no heat. 3 The bathtub and shower was filthy and the water did not drain properly, causing the filth of the bathtub and shower to remain in the standing, poorly drain very slow. 4. The water in the sink did not drain properly (very slow). 5. The walls and ceiling need visible repairs. 6. Thue furniture is old and need updating and replacing.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Doris J. Bullock
Not every clean. Housekeeper wasn't very friendly. I have been in a lot better places in Rocky mount. Breakfast was not that great and the list go on.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"It was ok... just ok."
Hotel was much further off I-95 than I understood when booking... I was put the furthest from the front desk and the room number is weird.
1 night trip Nov 5, 2013
Jamie
"Pleased overall"
It was good
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
I stayed here for 2 nights I didn't like the fact that we couldn't watch TV because there was so static. I also kept waking up because the fridge in the room kept popping. All the employees were super nice!!!!
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
Aprille
Very sad town... has 18% unemployment with lots of empty buildings and businesses.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Lancaster, PA"
Very accommodating to restaurants, site seeing, touring, sight and sound theater, and shopping. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Carol Gordon
"Do not recommend this hotel."
The room smelled like smoke and dirty carpet. Checked the bed linens and the sheets had stains and the bed tops were old and did not look clean. The bathroom door had broken wood peeling off the door. The room was unacceptable, so we checked out and went to another hotel.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Cheryl
"Not recommended."
Hotel room was very dirty, as well as the pool. Staff was polite but rather inattentive.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"SMH SMH SMH"
THIS HOTEL IS OK I GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE TO STAY TO SEE CANT REALLY EXPLAIN
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Smokey room."
We reserved a non smoking room but got a really smelly stinky smokey room. Will not go back.
Other trip Sep 11, 2013