All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
310 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Holiday Inn"
Disappoint in the room as it could of been cleaner and the beds were extremely uncomfortable and the blankets were stained. The food in the dining room was overpriced and overcooked, wait staff was very nice though and Big Boy is right down the road. The hotel staff however was wonderful and friendly and the location was great as the wedding we attended was right across the street.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Catherine, Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Catherine
"Perfect down town location"
Perfect location down town Grand Rapids. Close to museums & restaurants and parks & shops with free parking and we walked to everything. The family had a ball. Thanks for the memories!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Kathy, Thank you for posting about your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown! I am so glad to hear that your stay with us was just what you were looking for! We hope to see you again the next time you visit Grand Rapids - safe travels!
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Perfect location"
This hotel was a perfect location and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. We walked to a variety of restaurants, museums, and the Grand Jazz Fest. The rooms were clean and the pool suited us perfectly. Thanks for the memories.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Great location to restaurants and downtown venues."
Hotel is close to all downtown restaurants and bars, etc. There was construction right in front of the hotel. Hotel personnel called me before I left home and emailed a map so I could find the easiest way around it. That was the beginning of their excellent service.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Colleen, Thank you for posting about your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the service you received from our staff! We hope to see you again the next time you are in Grand Rapids! Safe travels!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Colleen
"Great service!!"
We were there for The Color Run. Had a great time. The only issue was the unbelievable number of bachelor & bachelorette parties that were there and that they weren't remotely contained to one area of the hotel. Was woken up at 11:20pm by loud drunk women...but on the plus, the manager was knocking on doors by 11:24pm so I applaud the hotel staff. I think it's very common in this hotel on a Saturday night as they new exactly how to handle the situation. Well done!! Would definitely stay again & again!!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Veronica, Thank you for posting about your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our overnight team was able to take a negative situation and turn it around for you! Excellent service is something we pride ourselves on, so I will definitely pass your comments along to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Grand Rapids! Safe travels!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Veronica
"great for couples!"
Everything was great. Really close and within walking distance from the main drag. The bed was a little uncomfortable but nothing to really complain about. Their restaurant was excellent!
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Katie
"Good stay"
Good stay. When we checked in the front desk was able to put us with friends in an adjoining room. We had trouble with our A/C and it never quite situated, upon checkout our room rate was graciously adjusted. Would stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Allyson, Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the front desk was able to make right the part of your stay that did not exceed your expectations! We hope to see you the next time you're in Grand Rapids. Safe travels!
1 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
Allyson
Overall: extremely overpriced, service wasn't that great (front desk attendant was a little rude - perhaps she was stressed at how busy they were, so it's a little understandable), air in the room was really dry so I didn't sleep well, restaurant food wasn't good - all of our breakfasts were undercooked. The upside is that the room was very clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Stephanie, Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Stayed over the 4th of July and had a great time. Watched fireworks right from the hotel. Thought for the price that the rooms would have a mini fridge and microwave but they make you pay more for that. Kind of expensive for the area.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Charles, I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the 4th of July fireworks from the comfort of your guest room! We hope to see you again soon - safe travels!
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Bad stay"
All roads under construction with very little signage how to get into hotel, room had not water-except for tub - had to brush teeth in tub. Pool closed. Free internet would not connect to my laptop despite 40 min on wifi support. Two good things were free bikes to ride and bed was very comfortable
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
krystal
"Great hotel and location"
I was in town for business at convention center (DeVos Place). It was an eight minute walk to the convention center and to the downtown area in general. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My room had a funny smell to it, but otherwise, zero complaints. Highly recommended!
2 night business trip May 28, 2015
Christopher
"You'll need ear plugs"
The hotel is located directly next to the main highway. Traffic noise kept me up all night.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed due to traffic noise during your stay with us! For your next stay, I would definitely recommend one of our King Location rooms - they are in the corner of our building farthest from the expressway, and boast a beautiful view of Downtown Grand Rapids! Safe travels!
Other trip May 28, 2015
"I recommend this hotel/location."
Close to all of the events I had plans to attend over the weekend. I did not need a rental car. The ride from airport was unexpected- I thought I was close enough to take a shuttle from GRR. Taxi or car service between $32 & $40. Small issue with the elevator....I had on flats & took the stairs up to the 5th floor. Bonus: Museum right across the street !
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so pleased to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon - safe travels!
2 night trip May 23, 2015
Bridgette
"Good hotel close to downtown core"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room condition was good. While the room was clean, that bathtub drained very slowly. Unfortunately, they had lost my tag for the express breakfast and by the time it was found it ended up being almost 30mins late. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself even with the little snafu at breakfast! We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again so we can show you how we truly run things!
Other trip May 21, 2015
Sebastian
"Nice but I would have expected better"
my trip was for business: filming a commercial for a corporate client. the hotel restaurant is more like a Detroit Coney Island restaurant with a school cafeteria setting; not what i would have expected from this style of hotel. The food was OK, not great or anything to rave about. But the service was pleasant; they were very slow and I was the only one there after 7pm. the room was nice but the bed was hard. the shower was slippery and did not any slip-guards on the bottom. the choice of in-room coffee was bland and flavorless.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
"Disappointing."
Room was okay, but being near the highway and train tracks I was awakened by traffic noise and train horns at least 4 times during the night. Bathroom was hardly big enough to sit in and didn't have an exhaust fan so any hot water usage created steam for the entire room. Bathroom appeared to be clean, but there were hairs on some surfaces. Television had minimal choices. Single cup coffee maker produced weak coffee. Although the hotel had a restaurant and lounge it would have been nice to have a small refrigerator and microwave without extra charges for such.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Randy
"Grand Rapids, MI"
We had a great stay. The hotel (beds) were extremely comfortable. I would have liked to have had free coffee in the lobby available tho.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Cindy
"no king bed"
we paid for a king bed but received a double bed. It was a handicapped room that was smelly. It appeared clean but it stunk
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Jenny
"Best pillows around"
Only spent one night but it was very restful. The pillows are the most comfortable ever. Even asked the clerk if one could be bought. Hopefully, she'll answer affirmatively. The only complaint, if you can call it that, is that the room seemed a bit outdated. Otherwise, it was close to many attractions and really within walking distance. The rate was reasonable compared to others in the area. Definitely would stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Safe travels!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Anne
"covenient"
the hotel is conveniently located but doesnt have alot of other positive attributes. for the price, some sort of breakfast could be offered. even coffee cost 2 dollars. the rooms are just ok. the heating/cooling system terribly dated and noisy. it is clean and would stay here again, but not be impressed with the offerings.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were inconvenienced by our lack of continental breakfast. While Holiday Inn Expresses offer complementary breakfast, our full service restaurant on-site provides an incredible cooked-to-order breakfast each morning. We provide complimentary coffee and tea in each guest room, which we are happy to replenish should you run out at any point during your stay. Our express store does offer a variety of different coffees and teas, even iced coffee! Our downtown location, coupled with the fact that we are the only hotel in Downtown Grand Rapids that offers complimentary parking to our guests makes us a convenient place to stay for anyone looking to explore the downtown area! Thank you again for your feedback, and safe travels!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
kathy
"A nice 10 minute walk to lots of pubs."
Everyone was really nice. If u need more coffee go to front desk for more. We walked to the Heart concert, then went to a few pubs afterwards then back to hotel & we closed the bar having fun. We had a blast. .
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Greg and Ann, Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Greg and Ann
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
A one night stay in downtown Grand Rapids was a pleasant experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Jerry, Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! We do have many different room types that cater to our different guests' varied needs, so although not all of our rooms have microwaves or refrigerators in them, many room types do! Next time you book with us, any "feature" room will boast both a microwave and mini-fridge. Safe travels!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Jerry
"great staff and nice hotel"
the bed was comfortable, clean, I liked that it had a restaurant and also a small bar area on the first floor.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! The convenience of the Pearl Street Grill and Pearl Street Lounge, located just off our lobby, definitely is a benefit for our guests! Make sure you check out our happy hour weekdays from 4-6pm next time you're in town!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
rita
"Nice Place"
Stayed here for business and it was a very nice hotel. I was pleasantly surprised.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and we hope to see you again soon! Safe travels!
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Expected more for the money."
The bathroom had no exhaust fan. No refrigerator or microwave.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Pablo, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. For your next trip, we do offer several different room types based on what our guests are looking for, some of which include microwaves and refrigerators. We also have additional microwaves and refrigerators available upon request to be delivered to a guest room that does not already have them in it. We certainly hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Pablo
"Nice Hotel close to DeVos Place"
I attended the Hope College Musical Showcase at DeVos Place, and this hotel was only about a half mile away. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, food in the restaurant was very good.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Rose
"Overpriced"
Excellent Location. Walking distance to everything. This must be why this hotel is priced what it is. The rooms were very clean, but very small! I couldnt believe how small the room and bathroom was. Made it kind of uncomfortable to be in. Friendly check in people and clean, but overall I think it is way overpriced.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room size. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2015
"Overpriced."
Rooms were very dated, and beds were tiny. It was a last resort to stay her because our friends were at a different hotel. Ok, but overpriced and dated. Off the beaten path of downtown area.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Candice, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do offer a variety of different room types available at our hotel that have either double beds or king beds. Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Candice
"Great hotel but awful neighbors"
My room had the joining door to the room next door. They must have come back drunk because they were banging on the joined door, pushing it and trying to get in. It did wake me up but didn't concern me too much because I could hear they were just laughing. They stopped after a few minutes so I never called the front desk. Other than that, everything was great!
Naomi
"Very pleasant stay"
We came to Grand Rapids to attend a concert at VanAndel Arena. The hotel was very easy to find, directly off the highway. Check in as quick and easy. I was a little schocked to find out that I had to pay an extra $25 for "incidentals" on top of the almost $200 I had already paid for the room. The room was very clean and comfortable and quiet. Our one disappointment was that our room had no refrigerator or microwave, which we had came prepared to have. There were plenty of dining options within walking distance. It was a very short, easy walk from the back door of the hotel to the arena for the concert. We felt completely safe the entire time. Will definitely stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear June, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us - and the $25.00 when you check in is just an authorization in case you decided to charge anything to your room and if not, that drops off after we check you out! For your next stay, we do offer many different room types, and all of our feature rooms include both a microwave and a refrigerator. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
1 night family trip Feb 10, 2015
June
"Beds uncomfortable"
Beds were old
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the mattress in your room. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Julia
"Griffins game"
Stayed here for a GR Griffins game with my girlfriend for her birthday. The hotel was nice, also the staff was very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint is that the bed was slightly small and somewhat uncomfortable in my opinion. But other than that it was a great place to stay because of its walking proximity to the downtown GR area.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and accommodations - and rest assured, we are currently in the process of replacing all of our king sized mattresses! So we hope to see you again soon so you can try one out! Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Just a short walk across the river"
Stayed here to go to a concert downtown Grand Rapids. Convenient location and better price than anything else downtown. Comfortable beds. Standard check in and out. No issues during our stay.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Shans
"Convenient Location"
There were a few issues quickly cleared up by the management. Nice and quiet with plenty of parking.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Robertino
"Hotel"
Stay was decent. We were woken up at 6am by a fire alarm which was a hassle. We all stood in the lobby not knowing what was going on. Once the fire department arrived, we were still told nothing. I didn't really feel like the situation was handled correctly. Other than that, nice hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Christine, Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
Christine
"Not Again"
Noisey outside and in, to small of a bed in a big room and I'm not handicapped! Adjoining room that on a Tuesday night stayed up well past 2:00 a.m. and so did we.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Sorry we stayed
not a horrible hotel, but the mattresses need to be changed.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Wonderful location downtown"
First trip to Grand Rapids. I had just a little bit of difficult finding the place (only one turn around) but I was alone in the car. The location is awesome for what I needed. The hotel was within walking distance of everything! Would stay again.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great visit!"
We had a great visit, the hotel was close to every thing we wanted to do. The staff was professional and the hotel and room were nicely appointed and clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time exploring Grand Rapids. I agree, our staff is phenomenal! We hope to see you again soon - safe travels!
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Walker
"Girls Night Out"
We had tickets to a Cher concert that was cancelled. We decided to continue with our girls night out anyway. We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn very much. We had an afternoon drink in the lobby bar and the bartender was friendly and fun.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
How great that you were able to enjoy your girls' night out even though your original plans fell through! Don't forget we have happy hour from 4-6 in the Pearl Street Lounge!
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
"Small rooms, incompetent desk people, no breakfast"
Fun in Grand Rapids
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us met neither nor your our expectations! We do, however, offer a delicious full-service breakfast each morning in the Pearl Street Grill! Thank you again, and safe travels!
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Decent option for stay in Downtown Grand Rapids"
Friendly staff. Decent hotel, overall. Would stay again...
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Doug, Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff! Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Doug
"Convenient hotel in downtown Grand Rapids"
This hotel makes staying in downtown Grand Rapids very easy. It is walking distance to everything and has free parking and free wifi. It's also very close to the highway.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for posting about our hotel. Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Wonderful."
We went to stay here to celebrate my birthday downtown without my kids. The hotel staff was wonderful! The bed and pillows were so comfy. They even called our room after we got in there to make sure everything was up to par. Of course it was! Have no complaints and it was free parking. Most downtown were not.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear David, I am so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! We agree, our free parking is a nice bonus when considering hotels downtown. Hope you had a terrific birthday celebration and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice for the price."
Rooms was clean. Check in staff was attentive. Heater didn't work and had to leave room and wait for service. We were provided with drinks and appetizers while we waited, that was nice. Bathroom was extremely small. Breakfast service was very slow and food was cold when delivered. Overall it was a mixed bag.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"grand rapids"
Mattress was very poor Room in winter too hot, couldn't open window or get air conditioning on.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Dwight, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. We are currently in the process of having all of our king mattresses replaced, though, so we hope you will be back again to try the new ones out! Safe travels!
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Dwight
"Close to downtown"
We were only passing thru but very much enjoyed being close to downtown.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great hotel in a terrific part of Grand Rapids."
The only negative comment I have is the price. It was cheaper than the upscale hotels that are close by, but still a bit pricey.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Safe travels!
1 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
"well worth considering"
Good for its proximity to museums and city centre . Room was fine but slightly tired with the net curtains in particular needed cleaning . Free parking which was very helpful giving the location
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel! As the only downtown hotel that offers free parking, it makes exploring downtown Grand Rapids a breeze! Safe travels!
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great location. Great service"
The stay is great. The staff even upgraded from one bed to two beds for us. Very great service.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
How great to hear that you enjoyed your service during your stay with us! Thank you for your comments, and safe travels!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014