All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
310 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Very noisy"
Very noisy at night. Did not sleep well. Entire floor smelled of cigarettes.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear kp, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was anything less than extraordinary. I hope upon your return to Grand Rapids, you give us the opportunity to show you that the noise and cigarette smell during your stay is out of the ordinary for us. Thank you again - safe travels!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
kp
"Good price and a great location"
Would definitely stay here again. Easy walk to everything in city center.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Frank, Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Convenient location close to everything downtown. Friendly staff. Great local beers on draft in lobby bar.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Rita, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and our Pearl Street Lounge! Be sure to stop and visit us again - we are currently in the process of updating our beer lines to include even more local beers! Safe travels!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Rita
"hotel next to Grand River"
Spent 5 days for a conference nearby. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The service was impeccable.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear J, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and especially our staff! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - safe travels!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
J
"Oct. Artprize Visit"
Very friendly service, very nice lobby and restaurant. Room was so-so - bed old, window leaked (it was raining) and the safe malfuncioned, they could not fix it. But overall not bad, just needs better updating in the rooms. Great location too.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am sorry to hear that there were some problems with your room, but hope that the service and restaurant made up for it! We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"Art Prize Weekend"
Great time. Hotel staff was excellent. Very nice. With going green hotels now have room sensors that shut off AC and fan. Room was stuffy without fan being able to run more. Was time to change shower curtain. Overall no probkems. Will come back.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel! We hope to see you again soon - safe travels!
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
"Everything was great!"
Everything was great! The location was perfect!! Everything was clean and the staff was VERY helpful!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels -
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Room was terrific, but elevator arrival "ding-ding" right across from my door was very annoying. Need to turn down the volume! Long wait for breakfast table at 8:00 a.m. had lots of people heading out the door for other options. Don't offer a breakfast discount if you can't seat people promptly.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Van Andel"
First room view was nice, room looked great, smell was not. My husband thought it smelled like cigars. We called front desk, switched us to a nice room. Bed was GREAT. Room was clean. The luggage holder was broken. Could not use. Ran out of toilet paper, had to go get some from front desk. Wasn't sure why housekeeping didn't replenish...other then that, staff was friendly and accommodating. I slept GREAT! I would definitely stay again. Happy hour was nice. Barmaid was very nice and professional. Dinner was great at the hotel. Everything is walking distance. Great town and great place to stay!
2 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Great Stay!"
After the first night we requested a relocation away from the elevator. The front desk staff took care of our request without a problem! The placed us on the same floor and the room location was perfect! Great location to access downtown businesses and sites! Easy walk to Van Andel Arena, Ford Museum and other attractions! Easy FREE parking which is rare in the city!
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Check-in was orderly, staff professional and friendly, and this hotel is near a number of interesting things (museum, restaurants, etc.). It is not cheap, and when I tried to extend my stay I was told that I could wait for a cancellation but that they had every room reserved, so that was a little inconvenient but shows how popular they are. Parking is good, very is nice, I stay here every time I visit GR.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Buddha
"Great location, good value"
Hotel is very clean, fairly updated and extremely conveniently located. My only complaint is that the bed was like sleeping on a wooden plank. I might explore other options next time I visit Grand Rapids just because of the awful mattress.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
TheWZM
"Great locaation, above average hotel"
We wanted to try a few breweries in grand rapids and stayed here for a night during the labor day weekend. The location was great. We ended up getting the handicapped accessible room that was right next to the elevator. But it did not seem to make a difference in terms of noise / disturbance. Overall a good very good experience.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Hotel Door Left Open"
Overall I was very satisfied with our trip and stay until the last day. I attended a wedding with my family on Sunday night. When my sons and I returned to our room, we found that the door was ajar. This doesn't usually happen in hotels because the doors shut so hard. Well, we had noticed that the door needed a little push each time to get it to latch. The last people to be in the room was housekeeping. After they left, the door was visibly ajar. Thankfully nothing of ours was taken. Still a bit unnerving when coming back with two young boys. Then as I climbed into bed, I found they had made the bed without putting the comforter on, just two sheets. When I called housekeeping they brought up a blanket, not the comforter. When she returned with the comforter, she brought a king size, rather than a double. Plus I was left to make it myself. A bit of a disappointment after our weekend stay.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Overnight business trip"
Great service from the staff, good location for all things downtown, several craft breweries less than a mile from hotel. Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast at the restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Will definitely stay again next time I'm in town on business.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"It's fine"
I travel extensively for work - months at a time. Every week a different city. This was a Holiday Inn .. though one of the nicer ones I stayed at. Wasn't overly impressed with room service and the food prices/quality - but there are lots of restaurants a short drive away. The value for dollar is not there in my books - but it was mid-summer with lots of activities going on, so of course rates were higher.
5 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Wish I could afford to stay more often."
Everything was great. Just too much money. No competition for downtown hotels/motels. I'd come to the city more often if cheaper rooms were available.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Hugh Betcha
"Enjoyed our stay"
My wife and I celebrated our 40th Wedding anniversary by staying here and really enjoyed it. We loved that we could walk to most anything in the downtown area. We also appreciated the staff who were helpful and pleseant.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Roger
"Road Trip"
Hotel was excellent - only problem was my room was near the highway and I can hear the vehicles passing which makes it difficult to sleep. However, the hotel staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
Ravi B
"disappointed"
disappointed in online booking. expedi a promised I could get a rollaway, but hotel said it was against fire code. front desk offered to send up blanket so I could sleep on floor. thanks a lot. so got off to a bad start, then finding bug in bathroom did not help.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
miss m
"Convenient"
Nice hotel but soundproofing not quite as good as I would have liked.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
The photography on display was very nice. The front desk staff was polite. The room was way too small and the bathroom was awkward. Felt stuffy and humid. Wasn't as nice as the price would imply. Good location though easy off of the highway.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Love the location."
Awesome location close all the great downtown attractions. The only knock I would give it is that the bathroom sink/counter area was extremely small making it a challenge for three women to get ready at the same time.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Fine but pricey"
The hotel was fine - nothing spectacular good or bad - however the price was high in my opinion for middle of no where Michigan. It was clean and adequate but nothing more than that. The onsite restaurant/lounge was nice.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
Missie
"Hotel by Grand River"
Very close to my venue. Good room rate. I would go back.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Fourth of July 2014"
Great location to see the museums and downtown. The fireworks are right out in front of the place so if the crowd is too much for you, you can see them from your room if you are facing Pearl St. The walking bridge gets you over to the BOB and the arena in short order. Founders is about a 20 min walk, or a 5 min drive. The sculpture park is about a 15 min drive and well worth it.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"A place to sleep"
Window full of dead bugs and spiders. A/C unit knobs busted off. Pool small and cold. Not worth the money
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
DP
"Wabs"
Close proximity to several of the attractions.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
"Best pet friendly hotel we have stayed at."
For the other pet owners out there you too have probably had your share of disappointing facilities. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at how nice this downtown hotel was.
hotwilzz
easy access to downtown. easy on/off to us 131. nice hotel overall
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice hotel in Grand Rapids"
This is a beautiful upscale hotel that is in walking distance of many attractions in the area. The room was on the small size, especially the bathroom. It did not have a microwave or fridge which would have been nice. The staff was very professional and friendly. The food served in the hotel was excellent. I would stay there again if I'm ever in the area.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"A Little old but passable"
Arrived and only 1 clerk on duty trying to check in guests while manning the numerous calls. Waited awhile but had to get to a Conference Event. Promised rooms would be ready later. Called to check on rooms, promised 2 rooms side-by-side. Arrived and rooms on same floor but 2nd room w/o pull-out sofa. Replacement room did not have fridge or microwave like other rooms. King size bed was number bed, but control did not appear to work (no numbers, anything showing - buttons did not work). One side very firm, other side very soft. Difficult to sleep on. Breakfast at hotel is primarily buffet. While trying to eat healthy, asked for egg beaters. Took a little long to get, cook caught the plate before served and indicated wrong eggs. Later told "no" eggbeaters available. Waitress did substitute scrambled eggs. Meal took long and manager DID COMP the meal.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Very nice area and close to everything."
Very nice stay. Hotel staff helpful. Only problem had was with other guests and hotel was quick to take care of for us. Very beautiful area. Downtown just up the street. Room very comfortable. Had a great stay and would choose again.
4 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Why do people bring barking dogs to hotels?"
Room was clean. Staff was helpful. We had two barking dogs on our floor. Not fun at all!I
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Very convenient if attending special events close"
The hotel was very convenient. We were attending a wedding at the public museum just across the street. Also easy access to the freeway and only 20 min from the airport. It was clean and standard. The beds were a bit small. We booked a king bed room and only got one full size bed. We had to request a cot because a full bed can barely fit two people.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"happy customers"
the hotel was nice and the staff was friendly. anything i needed the staff was able to help with. our thermostat in our room died on us and they fixed it within a half hour. we took advantage of the pool and hot tub. if you are a light sleeper you might have a tough time because you can hear the traffic. happy overall and would return!
2 night romance trip May 11, 2014
"clsoe"
Food was good
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
MMS, Thank you for your comments. Not all of our guests have the opportunity to experience our talented culinary team's creations. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your meal. We will be certain to let our team know. Safe travels to you and hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
MMS
"close"
It was great that the food was good
2 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
MMS
"Nice stay in grand rapids"
Nice place, convenient location to down town.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip May 2, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown GR with mechanical problems"
We checked in at 10:00 p.m. Monday night and promptly went to bed as we had an all day meeting on Tuesday. We were awakened at 11:30 from a deep sleep by the radiator in the room. It made a sound like an airplane engine. I called the front desk to tell them. The night manager Dave came up with keys and told us we could move to a room down the hall. While 1/2 asleep I asked if I could just crash and retrieve my stuff in the morning. He said no - you have to move all of your stuff. There were 3 of us - so it was a little bit of an ordeal. He also had free breakfast coupons. I told him thanks - but no thanks. We had free breakfast already at our conference in the morning. He said "oh - OK." I said - is that it. He said - what do you want me to do. I said - nothing out of the ordinary. Just do for me whatever you do for guests that get woken up in the middle of the night and have to move rooms. He said "well what do you want?" I said if you're asking - how about a free night's stay. He said I can give you 1,000 rewards points. I just looked at him. He said - OK I can give you 5,000 points. I asked him what I could get with 5,000 points. He said he had no idea. I told him not to worry about it - I would speak with the manager in the morning. While everyone was friendly, I felt like I had to work way too hard to get the 20,000 points they eventually gave me. And we couldn't have used the breakfast coupon. The restaurant was too busy to serve us anyway.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Kevin, Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your recent stay with us. In addition, thank you for your frank and honest comments about your experience. Not only have we taken corrective action to repair the equipment in the room you were assigned, we have also updated our training with our evening team to be better equipped to resolve guest issues immediately. I would hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you, should you return to the Grand Rapids area.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Thumbs up"
Everything overall is just nice. nothing fancy - but good. The biggest plus for me is that my pup was welcome too!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Hello Traveler with Pup! Thank you so much for your posting and 4 stars. We appreciate your business and your rating. We are pleased to be able to offer our travelers the opportunity to bring their pets. It is most enjoyable for all when pet owners are courtesy of other travelers and ensure that their pets are safe and quiet as church mice! Thanks again for your business and your consideration of our other guests!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"nice hotel close to venue"
the stay was nice, staff was wonderful to us. The hotel was within walking distance to the venue we went to. The only problem with the hotel was our room was right next to the elevator and it would ding every few seconds. Which kept me awake. Plus the people in the hallways were loud.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Ann
"Walking distance to downtown"
We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting our son at college. It has free parking and is within walking distance of downtown Grand Rapids. Very clean and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
Sheila
The front desk staff were very helpful. The parking and wi-fi were free, the location was convenient, and the room was decent. The bathroom was a little small, but the beds were comfy and everything was clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post your travel experience. We appreciate your comments and 4 star rating. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Next to Museum, Friendyl Staff."
From the check in to the message left on voice mail. The staff went out of their way to assure our stay was wonderful..
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Tricia
"Close to downtown"
Great hotel
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Brett - 5 stars! We appreciate your rating and approval of our hotel. I hope that you will return again and that your future stays will continue to be at a 5 star level. Have a great Spring!
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"Good location. Walking distance to everything."
Directly across from the museum and walking distance to everything in downtown Grand Rapids. Room was clean and comfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Hello! Thank you so much for your posting and review. We truly appreciate you sharing your opinion with other travelers. Have a great day and we will hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Liked the location-easy to manuver"
Excellent except the pool needs to be heated. Very cold - couldn't swim.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Carol, We appreciate your posting and reference to the pool temperature. We recently underwent some minor upgrades that impacted the water temperature. All systems are running at peak performance at this time and we intend to maintain that level! Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe Travels to you!
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Convenient to event venues"
Overall our stay was very good. The location is within easy walking distance to Devos Hall. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. We received a phone call within five minutes of entering our room to see if everything was satisfactory. The following morning we requested a shower stool due to my recently fractures ankle. The staff delivered this in about 5 minutes and again, we received a call to make sure we received it and to see if we needed anything else. The only negative is the diner. It's set up like a buffet with most items precooked. Biscuits and gravy were cold. I don't know what they put on the toast but it didn't taste like butter. My omelet had diced tomatoes that tasted rancid. The eggs were cooked to perfection though!
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Very good with one notable exception"
Very good overall, with one big exception--Breakfast supposedly served until 11am, we got down there at 1056am and we"re told that we could not use our voucher(part of our Hotels.com deal), because the computer had already switched over to lunch...How bogus, not happy about that at all! I deserve some money back from someone...
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014