All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here310 Pearl Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Fine but pricey"
The hotel was fine - nothing spectacular good or bad - however the price was high in my opinion for middle of no where Michigan. It was clean and adequate but nothing more than that. The onsite restaurant/lounge was nice.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
Missie
"Hotel by Grand River"
Very close to my venue. Good room rate. I would go back.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Fourth of July 2014"
Great location to see the museums and downtown. The fireworks are right out in front of the place so if the crowd is too much for you, you can see them from your room if you are facing Pearl St. The walking bridge gets you over to the BOB and the arena in short order. Founders is about a 20 min walk, or a 5 min drive. The sculpture park is about a 15 min drive and well worth it.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"A place to sleep"
Window full of dead bugs and spiders. A/C unit knobs busted off. Pool small and cold. Not worth the money
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
DP
"Wabs"
Close proximity to several of the attractions.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
"Best pet friendly hotel we have stayed at."
For the other pet owners out there you too have probably had your share of disappointing facilities. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at how nice this downtown hotel was.
hotwilzz
easy access to downtown. easy on/off to us 131. nice hotel overall
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice hotel in Grand Rapids"
This is a beautiful upscale hotel that is in walking distance of many attractions in the area. The room was on the small size, especially the bathroom. It did not have a microwave or fridge which would have been nice. The staff was very professional and friendly. The food served in the hotel was excellent. I would stay there again if I'm ever in the area.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"A Little old but passable"
Arrived and only 1 clerk on duty trying to check in guests while manning the numerous calls. Waited awhile but had to get to a Conference Event. Promised rooms would be ready later. Called to check on rooms, promised 2 rooms side-by-side. Arrived and rooms on same floor but 2nd room w/o pull-out sofa. Replacement room did not have fridge or microwave like other rooms. King size bed was number bed, but control did not appear to work (no numbers, anything showing - buttons did not work). One side very firm, other side very soft. Difficult to sleep on. Breakfast at hotel is primarily buffet. While trying to eat healthy, asked for egg beaters. Took a little long to get, cook caught the plate before served and indicated wrong eggs. Later told "no" eggbeaters available. Waitress did substitute scrambled eggs. Meal took long and manager DID COMP the meal.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Very nice area and close to everything."
Very nice stay. Hotel staff helpful. Only problem had was with other guests and hotel was quick to take care of for us. Very beautiful area. Downtown just up the street. Room very comfortable. Had a great stay and would choose again.
4 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Why do people bring barking dogs to hotels?"
Room was clean. Staff was helpful. We had two barking dogs on our floor. Not fun at all!I
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Very convenient if attending special events close"
The hotel was very convenient. We were attending a wedding at the public museum just across the street. Also easy access to the freeway and only 20 min from the airport. It was clean and standard. The beds were a bit small. We booked a king bed room and only got one full size bed. We had to request a cot because a full bed can barely fit two people.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"happy customers"
the hotel was nice and the staff was friendly. anything i needed the staff was able to help with. our thermostat in our room died on us and they fixed it within a half hour. we took advantage of the pool and hot tub. if you are a light sleeper you might have a tough time because you can hear the traffic. happy overall and would return!
2 night romance trip May 11, 2014
"clsoe"
Food was good
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
MMS, Thank you for your comments. Not all of our guests have the opportunity to experience our talented culinary team's creations. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your meal. We will be certain to let our team know. Safe travels to you and hope to see you again soon!
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014
MMS
"close"
It was great that the food was good
2 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
MMS
"Nice stay in grand rapids"
Nice place, convenient location to down town.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip May 2, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown GR with mechanical problems"
We checked in at 10:00 p.m. Monday night and promptly went to bed as we had an all day meeting on Tuesday. We were awakened at 11:30 from a deep sleep by the radiator in the room. It made a sound like an airplane engine. I called the front desk to tell them. The night manager Dave came up with keys and told us we could move to a room down the hall. While 1/2 asleep I asked if I could just crash and retrieve my stuff in the morning. He said no - you have to move all of your stuff. There were 3 of us - so it was a little bit of an ordeal. He also had free breakfast coupons. I told him thanks - but no thanks. We had free breakfast already at our conference in the morning. He said "oh - OK." I said - is that it. He said - what do you want me to do. I said - nothing out of the ordinary. Just do for me whatever you do for guests that get woken up in the middle of the night and have to move rooms. He said "well what do you want?" I said if you're asking - how about a free night's stay. He said I can give you 1,000 rewards points. I just looked at him. He said - OK I can give you 5,000 points. I asked him what I could get with 5,000 points. He said he had no idea. I told him not to worry about it - I would speak with the manager in the morning. While everyone was friendly, I felt like I had to work way too hard to get the 20,000 points they eventually gave me. And we couldn't have used the breakfast coupon. The restaurant was too busy to serve us anyway.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Kevin, Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your recent stay with us. In addition, thank you for your frank and honest comments about your experience. Not only have we taken corrective action to repair the equipment in the room you were assigned, we have also updated our training with our evening team to be better equipped to resolve guest issues immediately. I would hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you, should you return to the Grand Rapids area.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Thumbs up"
Everything overall is just nice. nothing fancy - but good. The biggest plus for me is that my pup was welcome too!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Hello Traveler with Pup! Thank you so much for your posting and 4 stars. We appreciate your business and your rating. We are pleased to be able to offer our travelers the opportunity to bring their pets. It is most enjoyable for all when pet owners are courtesy of other travelers and ensure that their pets are safe and quiet as church mice! Thanks again for your business and your consideration of our other guests!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"nice hotel close to venue"
the stay was nice, staff was wonderful to us. The hotel was within walking distance to the venue we went to. The only problem with the hotel was our room was right next to the elevator and it would ding every few seconds. Which kept me awake. Plus the people in the hallways were loud.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Ann
"Walking distance to downtown"
We stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting our son at college. It has free parking and is within walking distance of downtown Grand Rapids. Very clean and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Apr 19, 2014
Sheila
The front desk staff were very helpful. The parking and wi-fi were free, the location was convenient, and the room was decent. The bathroom was a little small, but the beds were comfy and everything was clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post your travel experience. We appreciate your comments and 4 star rating. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
"Next to Museum, Friendyl Staff."
From the check in to the message left on voice mail. The staff went out of their way to assure our stay was wonderful..
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
Tricia
"Close to downtown"
Great hotel
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Brett - 5 stars! We appreciate your rating and approval of our hotel. I hope that you will return again and that your future stays will continue to be at a 5 star level. Have a great Spring!
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
"Good location. Walking distance to everything."
Directly across from the museum and walking distance to everything in downtown Grand Rapids. Room was clean and comfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Hello! Thank you so much for your posting and review. We truly appreciate you sharing your opinion with other travelers. Have a great day and we will hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Liked the location-easy to manuver"
Excellent except the pool needs to be heated. Very cold - couldn't swim.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Carol, We appreciate your posting and reference to the pool temperature. We recently underwent some minor upgrades that impacted the water temperature. All systems are running at peak performance at this time and we intend to maintain that level! Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future. Safe Travels to you!
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Convenient to event venues"
Overall our stay was very good. The location is within easy walking distance to Devos Hall. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. We received a phone call within five minutes of entering our room to see if everything was satisfactory. The following morning we requested a shower stool due to my recently fractures ankle. The staff delivered this in about 5 minutes and again, we received a call to make sure we received it and to see if we needed anything else. The only negative is the diner. It's set up like a buffet with most items precooked. Biscuits and gravy were cold. I don't know what they put on the toast but it didn't taste like butter. My omelet had diced tomatoes that tasted rancid. The eggs were cooked to perfection though!
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Very good with one notable exception"
Very good overall, with one big exception--Breakfast supposedly served until 11am, we got down there at 1056am and we"re told that we could not use our voucher(part of our Hotels.com deal), because the computer had already switched over to lunch...How bogus, not happy about that at all! I deserve some money back from someone...
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Kent A.
"comfort"
We were promised a queen size bed but only got a full. The room was very basic for $159.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Val, I apologize that you were disappointed with our bed size. We have always had full sized beds. However, I do appreciate you making note of the discrepancy. We will do some research to understand which of our booking channels have the wrong information and take steps to correct the mis-information. Safe Travels to you!
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Val
Conveniently located right of highway Walking distance to restaurants and bars
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Cindyhill, Thank you so much for the 5 star rating. Please know that we take our stars very seriously and are always striving for all five. We would have to agree that we have a great location relative to the expressway and downtown. It certainly makes a great home base for adventures in downtown. Thanks again and safe travels to you!
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Cindyhill
The stay was brief, and everything except the parking lot was good. It needed to be plowed more, but it has been a snowy winter.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Marcie - Thank you very much for your comments and posting. I was glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Yes, it has been a snowy winter. However, we do need to work a little more closely with our snow removal company to stay ahead of the accumulation. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Marcie Vanitvelt
"Great location, staff & food!"
Staff at every level during my 4 day stay were polite and helpful. Comfortable room with outstanding downtown location. Due to winter weather many meals were eaten at the hotel's Pearl Street Grill or through room service. Every meal was exceptional! Would definitely recommend restaurant and hotel and will stay there again.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
Pat
Stayed for one night and my friend and I were very impressed with the room as well as the pool/spa.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Tanya O - 5 stars - Wow, thank you very much! We so appreciate your posting and your business. Grand Rapids is just the right distance for a quick night or two away from Kalamazoo! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
Tanya
"friendly, accomodating convenient"
the location is great. centrally located and easy on /off expressway. friendly, accomodating front desk. problem with tv controller immediately serviced by maintenace. The breakfast menu was great and so was the food with great service. room was clean as was the hotel. would recommend to anyone.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
John, We truly appreciate your posting! It is nice to know that as we strive to continually improve our quality and service we are achieving that goal. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team as it is truly everyone in is building that contributes to our success. Thanks again, see you soon and travel safely.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Disappointed in Hotels.com"
got ther expecting I would get a king bed instead we got two twins or fuls not sure Hotel told us we didn't book through them and it was the last room more or less tough!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Mr. Adams, Thank you so much for your candid comments. We do strive to provide the best accommodations for our guests. Over the last several weeks, the city of Grand Rapids as a whole has been very busy and we have experienced many nights when we have been full to capacity. It is our intention to accommodate our guests requests for bed types. However, we are not always able to honor specific requests. It is common in the industry to guarantee a room but not the exact type. The booking method does impact how our inventory is accessed. I do agree, however, that my team should have been more tactful whether we had 1 or 100 rooms unoccupied. I appreciated your feedback and wish you safe travels in the future.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Great location."
Hotel was clean and pool was nicely warm. Weekend drinkers frequent place because of proximity tonightlife, but staff reels them in when they get loud. I would stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Jeremy, Thank you for your kind words and posting. We are fortunate to have a great location that offers our guests a variety of night life. Our overnight team understands that many celebrations are taking place among our guests. Being respectful of these special events and our guests that desire a nice quiet room requires many conversations. Thank you for acknowledging their efforts. I can't wait to share your comments with them. Thank you again and happy travels to you!
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2014
Jeremy
"Nice hotel downtown. Good restaurant and pool."
We checked in and then took a quick walk to the griffins game at van andel arena. The next day sat in the hot tub swam in the pool and went to the public museum across the street. We then had lunch at the pearl street grill. It was an overall good experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Teresa, Sounds like a fun filled trip to Grand Rapids. You selected some of our most favorite activities as well. Professional Basketball launched last night in Grand Rapids offering another option. Dream it, Build it with Lego's opens this weekend at the museum! Hope to see you again soon! Thanks again and safe travels to you!
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
teresa
"Beautiful hotel!"
Noisy neighbors kept us up all night. The room was very nice and clean.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Sonia
"Clean & Comfortable"
The bed & pillows were very comfortable & the staff was friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Hello Ruth, Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the hotel. We truly appreciate the 5 stars and nice comments. We, too, are thrilled with the new pillow standards from Holiday Inn. A very nice increase in quality and made from recycled plastic bottles to protect the environment too! Thanks again and safe travels to you and your family!
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014
Ruth
"Hotel in downtown GR"
Good one night stay close to the arena. Wish the pool was open during the stay.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
JARED
"Ok hotel.. not an informative staff!"
I only stayed in this hotel one night, but they did not inform us that the pool area was closed. There was a group of us who had planned on using the pool and spa area for the majority of our stay, since it was a "girls night out". We didn't figure out it was closed until we came down in our bathing suits and the door was locked with a sign saying they were doing maintenence. It would have been nice to know at check in time rather than walking around the hotel in our bathing suits. We felt very embarassed and disappointed at the smae time.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Jessie, I appreciate your comments and posting. We obviously have some work to do to clearly communicate what projects are taking place in the hotel. I hope that your girls night out was not a total lose. We certainly know with the busy lives people lead that time away with close friends and family is important. I hope that you might give us another opportunity when you have time to get away. Thanks again and safe travels to you.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Jessie
"pool out of service since dec"
Ok hotel. Best deal downtown
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dub, I do apologize that our pool was being re-painted during your stay. We do our very best to perform maintenance when our occupancy is low in an effort to keep the inconvenience to a minimum. I am pleased to learn that you felt the hotel was acceptable and a great value. We hope to see you again in the future. By the way, the pool is at the perfect temperature!
1 night trip Feb 6, 2014
dub
"Close to the Intersection"
Close to the venue we were seeing. Surprised to find open bar and food when we returned. Nice!
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
Jflanders
Comfortable beds. Room temperature easy to adjust. The shower had rust stains at the side bar handles.No shuttle bus which seems a disadvantage to me. Staff was pleasant. A refrigerator in the room would be nice. The ice machine on 4 was slow to give ice and when it did it was dirty.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2014
Sherri
"Close to sites and free parking"
Had a great time in Grand Rapids. Didn't get in the car once the whole weekend. Pool was just drained and filled the day before so it was warm and clean. Had it to ourselves most of the time. This was my second time back with 3 yrs between stays.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Greg
"Hard Bed"
Normally Holiday Inns have comfortable beds but due to this location I have stayed at this one before and the beds are just too hard. We all woke up frequently to roll over cause our side hurt. Also, no breakfast and the rest. on site was not equipped to handle a full hotel. If you just need a quick stay it will do, otherwise I might look for more comfortable arrangements
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
sb
Pool was closed temporarily for pH issues, reopened at 3pm, but was so overcrowded with teenagers that my children couldn't swim.
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
"Walking distance to venue in Grand Rapids"
Everything was great about the hotel. Friendly staff, comfort and close to venue downtown. Nice to be able to eat breakfast at restaurant on site before heading home. Huge bathroom!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Jackie/Madison, From start to finish, it sounds like you truly enjoyed your stay in Grand Rapids! We greatly appreciate your selecting our Holiday Inn and hope to have the honor of welcoming you again in the future. Safe Travels to you and stay warm!
1 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2014
jackie/madison
"Not the best ever"
The room had a very bad smell - not sure if it was mildew or smoke they were trying to cover up. The sink definitely smelled very mildewing. The bed was a bit soft for my liking and the bathroom light in the hallway not the bathroom. Bathroom was too small as was the sink.
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
"Highly recommend"
Came in the middle of a snowstorm and they kindly let me check in hours early. Room was spacious, very clean, and well appointed. Bathroom could use some updating but still very functional and clean. Received a call from the front desk shortly after arrival asking if there was anything I needed. It was a pleasant surprise. Utilized the pool, spa, and onsite eatery, found all to be great. The hotel was very easy to get to and was located well in relation to my downtown destination. I will definitely be back!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Amy, Thank you for your posting! We were glad to learn that your experience was great from your room and dining experience to our staff's interaction. We look forward to your next trip!
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"A stone's throw from the Grand Rapids Museum"
Our entire family had an enjoyable stay and were so grateful for free parking. We had an event at the Grand Rapids Museum, and it was literally just across the street. This was fantastic! I really enjoyed visiting some of the local restaurants, too - the B.O.B. and the Sundance Grill. The staff was very friendly, and the room was just fine.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014