All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

Bar is awesome
    Great amenities
    Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
"A nice 10 minute walk to lots of pubs."
Everyone was really nice. If u need more coffee go to front desk for more. We walked to the Heart concert, then went to a few pubs afterwards then back to hotel & we closed the bar having fun. We had a blast. .
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Greg and Ann
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
A one night stay in downtown Grand Rapids was a pleasant experience.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Jerry
"great staff and nice hotel"
the bed was comfortable, clean, I liked that it had a restaurant and also a small bar area on the first floor.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
rita
"Nice Place"
Stayed here for business and it was a very nice hotel. I was pleasantly surprised.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Expected more for the money."
The bathroom had no exhaust fan. No refrigerator or microwave.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Pablo, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. For your next trip, we do offer several different room types based on what our guests are looking for, some of which include microwaves and refrigerators. We also have additional microwaves and refrigerators available upon request to be delivered to a guest room that does not already have them in it. We certainly hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Pablo
"Nice Hotel close to DeVos Place"
I attended the Hope College Musical Showcase at DeVos Place, and this hotel was only about a half mile away. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, food in the restaurant was very good.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Rose
"Overpriced"
Excellent Location. Walking distance to everything. This must be why this hotel is priced what it is. The rooms were very clean, but very small! I couldnt believe how small the room and bathroom was. Made it kind of uncomfortable to be in. Friendly check in people and clean, but overall I think it is way overpriced.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room size. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2015
"Overpriced."
Rooms were very dated, and beds were tiny. It was a last resort to stay her because our friends were at a different hotel. Ok, but overpriced and dated. Off the beaten path of downtown area.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Candice, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do offer a variety of different room types available at our hotel that have either double beds or king beds. Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Candice
"Great hotel but awful neighbors"
My room had the joining door to the room next door. They must have come back drunk because they were banging on the joined door, pushing it and trying to get in. It did wake me up but didn't concern me too much because I could hear they were just laughing. They stopped after a few minutes so I never called the front desk. Other than that, everything was great!
Naomi
"Very pleasant stay"
We came to Grand Rapids to attend a concert at VanAndel Arena. The hotel was very easy to find, directly off the highway. Check in as quick and easy. I was a little schocked to find out that I had to pay an extra $25 for "incidentals" on top of the almost $200 I had already paid for the room. The room was very clean and comfortable and quiet. Our one disappointment was that our room had no refrigerator or microwave, which we had came prepared to have. There were plenty of dining options within walking distance. It was a very short, easy walk from the back door of the hotel to the arena for the concert. We felt completely safe the entire time. Will definitely stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear June, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us - and the $25.00 when you check in is just an authorization in case you decided to charge anything to your room and if not, that drops off after we check you out! For your next stay, we do offer many different room types, and all of our feature rooms include both a microwave and a refrigerator. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
1 night family trip Feb 10, 2015
June
"Beds uncomfortable"
Beds were old
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the mattress in your room. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Julia
"Griffins game"
Stayed here for a GR Griffins game with my girlfriend for her birthday. The hotel was nice, also the staff was very friendly and accommodating. My only complaint is that the bed was slightly small and somewhat uncomfortable in my opinion. But other than that it was a great place to stay because of its walking proximity to the downtown GR area.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and accommodations - and rest assured, we are currently in the process of replacing all of our king sized mattresses! So we hope to see you again soon so you can try one out! Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Just a short walk across the river"
Stayed here to go to a concert downtown Grand Rapids. Convenient location and better price than anything else downtown. Comfortable beds. Standard check in and out. No issues during our stay.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Shans
"Convenient Location"
There were a few issues quickly cleared up by the management. Nice and quiet with plenty of parking.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Robertino
"Hotel"
Stay was decent. We were woken up at 6am by a fire alarm which was a hassle. We all stood in the lobby not knowing what was going on. Once the fire department arrived, we were still told nothing. I didn't really feel like the situation was handled correctly. Other than that, nice hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Christine, Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
Christine
"Not Again"
Noisey outside and in, to small of a bed in a big room and I'm not handicapped! Adjoining room that on a Tuesday night stayed up well past 2:00 a.m. and so did we.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Sorry we stayed
not a horrible hotel, but the mattresses need to be changed.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Wonderful location downtown"
First trip to Grand Rapids. I had just a little bit of difficult finding the place (only one turn around) but I was alone in the car. The location is awesome for what I needed. The hotel was within walking distance of everything! Would stay again.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great visit!"
We had a great visit, the hotel was close to every thing we wanted to do. The staff was professional and the hotel and room were nicely appointed and clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so delighted to hear you had such a wonderful time exploring Grand Rapids. I agree, our staff is phenomenal! We hope to see you again soon - safe travels!
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Walker
"Girls Night Out"
We had tickets to a Cher concert that was cancelled. We decided to continue with our girls night out anyway. We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn very much. We had an afternoon drink in the lobby bar and the bartender was friendly and fun.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
How great that you were able to enjoy your girls' night out even though your original plans fell through! Don't forget we have happy hour from 4-6 in the Pearl Street Lounge!
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
"Small rooms, incompetent desk people, no breakfast"
Fun in Grand Rapids
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us met neither nor your our expectations! We do, however, offer a delicious full-service breakfast each morning in the Pearl Street Grill! Thank you again, and safe travels!
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Decent option for stay in Downtown Grand Rapids"
Friendly staff. Decent hotel, overall. Would stay again...
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Doug, Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff! Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Doug
"Convenient hotel in downtown Grand Rapids"
This hotel makes staying in downtown Grand Rapids very easy. It is walking distance to everything and has free parking and free wifi. It's also very close to the highway.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for posting about our hotel. Safe travels!
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Wonderful."
We went to stay here to celebrate my birthday downtown without my kids. The hotel staff was wonderful! The bed and pillows were so comfy. They even called our room after we got in there to make sure everything was up to par. Of course it was! Have no complaints and it was free parking. Most downtown were not.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear David, I am so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! We agree, our free parking is a nice bonus when considering hotels downtown. Hope you had a terrific birthday celebration and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"Nice for the price."
Rooms was clean. Check in staff was attentive. Heater didn't work and had to leave room and wait for service. We were provided with drinks and appetizers while we waited, that was nice. Bathroom was extremely small. Breakfast service was very slow and food was cold when delivered. Overall it was a mixed bag.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"grand rapids"
Mattress was very poor Room in winter too hot, couldn't open window or get air conditioning on.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Dwight, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. We are currently in the process of having all of our king mattresses replaced, though, so we hope you will be back again to try the new ones out! Safe travels!
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Dwight
"Close to downtown"
We were only passing thru but very much enjoyed being close to downtown.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great hotel in a terrific part of Grand Rapids."
The only negative comment I have is the price. It was cheaper than the upscale hotels that are close by, but still a bit pricey.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Safe travels!
1 night family trip Nov 17, 2014
"well worth considering"
Good for its proximity to museums and city centre . Room was fine but slightly tired with the net curtains in particular needed cleaning . Free parking which was very helpful giving the location
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel! As the only downtown hotel that offers free parking, it makes exploring downtown Grand Rapids a breeze! Safe travels!
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great location. Great service"
The stay is great. The staff even upgraded from one bed to two beds for us. Very great service.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
How great to hear that you enjoyed your service during your stay with us! Thank you for your comments, and safe travels!
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Very noisy"
Very noisy at night. Did not sleep well. Entire floor smelled of cigarettes.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear kp, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was anything less than extraordinary. I hope upon your return to Grand Rapids, you give us the opportunity to show you that the noise and cigarette smell during your stay is out of the ordinary for us. Thank you again - safe travels!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
kp
"Good price and a great location"
Would definitely stay here again. Easy walk to everything in city center.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Frank, Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Convenient location close to everything downtown. Friendly staff. Great local beers on draft in lobby bar.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear Rita, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and our Pearl Street Lounge! Be sure to stop and visit us again - we are currently in the process of updating our beer lines to include even more local beers! Safe travels!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Rita
"hotel next to Grand River"
Spent 5 days for a conference nearby. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The service was impeccable.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Dear J, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and especially our staff! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - safe travels!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
J
"Oct. Artprize Visit"
Very friendly service, very nice lobby and restaurant. Room was so-so - bed old, window leaked (it was raining) and the safe malfuncioned, they could not fix it. But overall not bad, just needs better updating in the rooms. Great location too.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am sorry to hear that there were some problems with your room, but hope that the service and restaurant made up for it! We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
"Art Prize Weekend"
Great time. Hotel staff was excellent. Very nice. With going green hotels now have room sensors that shut off AC and fan. Room was stuffy without fan being able to run more. Was time to change shower curtain. Overall no probkems. Will come back.
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel! We hope to see you again soon - safe travels!
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
"Everything was great!"
Everything was great! The location was perfect!! Everything was clean and the staff was VERY helpful!
Response by Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
I am so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels -
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Room was terrific, but elevator arrival "ding-ding" right across from my door was very annoying. Need to turn down the volume! Long wait for breakfast table at 8:00 a.m. had lots of people heading out the door for other options. Don't offer a breakfast discount if you can't seat people promptly.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"great for a wedding location."
We had to cancel one night as one in our party had to leave early. Expedia would not give a refund for the night we tried to cancel. :(
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Van Andel"
First room view was nice, room looked great, smell was not. My husband thought it smelled like cigars. We called front desk, switched us to a nice room. Bed was GREAT. Room was clean. The luggage holder was broken. Could not use. Ran out of toilet paper, had to go get some from front desk. Wasn't sure why housekeeping didn't replenish...other then that, staff was friendly and accommodating. I slept GREAT! I would definitely stay again. Happy hour was nice. Barmaid was very nice and professional. Dinner was great at the hotel. Everything is walking distance. Great town and great place to stay!
2 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Great Stay!"
After the first night we requested a relocation away from the elevator. The front desk staff took care of our request without a problem! The placed us on the same floor and the room location was perfect! Great location to access downtown businesses and sites! Easy walk to Van Andel Arena, Ford Museum and other attractions! Easy FREE parking which is rare in the city!
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"Nice hotel close to everything"
Check-in was orderly, staff professional and friendly, and this hotel is near a number of interesting things (museum, restaurants, etc.). It is not cheap, and when I tried to extend my stay I was told that I could wait for a cancellation but that they had every room reserved, so that was a little inconvenient but shows how popular they are. Parking is good, very is nice, I stay here every time I visit GR.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Buddha
"Great location, good value"
Hotel is very clean, fairly updated and extremely conveniently located. My only complaint is that the bed was like sleeping on a wooden plank. I might explore other options next time I visit Grand Rapids just because of the awful mattress.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
TheWZM
"Great locaation, above average hotel"
We wanted to try a few breweries in grand rapids and stayed here for a night during the labor day weekend. The location was great. We ended up getting the handicapped accessible room that was right next to the elevator. But it did not seem to make a difference in terms of noise / disturbance. Overall a good very good experience.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Hotel Door Left Open"
Overall I was very satisfied with our trip and stay until the last day. I attended a wedding with my family on Sunday night. When my sons and I returned to our room, we found that the door was ajar. This doesn't usually happen in hotels because the doors shut so hard. Well, we had noticed that the door needed a little push each time to get it to latch. The last people to be in the room was housekeeping. After they left, the door was visibly ajar. Thankfully nothing of ours was taken. Still a bit unnerving when coming back with two young boys. Then as I climbed into bed, I found they had made the bed without putting the comforter on, just two sheets. When I called housekeeping they brought up a blanket, not the comforter. When she returned with the comforter, she brought a king size, rather than a double. Plus I was left to make it myself. A bit of a disappointment after our weekend stay.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Overnight business trip"
Great service from the staff, good location for all things downtown, several craft breweries less than a mile from hotel. Room was clean and quiet. Breakfast at the restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Will definitely stay again next time I'm in town on business.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"It's fine"
I travel extensively for work - months at a time. Every week a different city. This was a Holiday Inn .. though one of the nicer ones I stayed at. Wasn't overly impressed with room service and the food prices/quality - but there are lots of restaurants a short drive away. The value for dollar is not there in my books - but it was mid-summer with lots of activities going on, so of course rates were higher.
5 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Wish I could afford to stay more often."
Everything was great. Just too much money. No competition for downtown hotels/motels. I'd come to the city more often if cheaper rooms were available.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Hugh Betcha
"Enjoyed our stay"
My wife and I celebrated our 40th Wedding anniversary by staying here and really enjoyed it. We loved that we could walk to most anything in the downtown area. We also appreciated the staff who were helpful and pleseant.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Roger
"Road Trip"
Hotel was excellent - only problem was my room was near the highway and I can hear the vehicles passing which makes it difficult to sleep. However, the hotel staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014