All hotels in Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America

• Value for money
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
Very rude front desk staff on Saturday afternoon. Need to get staff that r not SO rude!
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. Your feedback is very important and we will use it to better improve our property moving forward.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2015
Stayed for 5 nights and was impressed by their friendly and helpful staff, they were very kind and thoughtful to check me in way before check-in time, which was a life saver after arriving from the auto train that morning very exhausted. If there was a drawback it was the long traffic jam that I encountered on a Saturday, I presumed it was due to Mass for the local community near the hotel. Other than that is an A+ in service and hospitality!
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thank you for your feedback it is very helpful to the staff and the hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose to stay with us again if you are ever in the area again!
5 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Maynor
"Enjoyed our stay"
Very pleased with hotel! Price was reasonable and breakfast deal was very good! Front desk very accommodating!
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
We are very please you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We hope you choose the Comfort inn Landmark the next time you are in the area. -Best Wishes
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Lawrence
"Spend the extra money for something nicer"
The floor we stayed on had a distant smell as you walk of the elevator. Was not pleased with the "o we charge an additional $50 depoist", would prefer to be made aware of that upon booking, not check in. The only good thing was the free IHOP both days.. I certainly will not book this hotel again.
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
We are very sorry your stay wasn't exceptional. The deposit fee is standard to many hotels but we apologize you were not made aware of this prior. Your feedback is very important and we thank you for taking the time to give your stay experience.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
I am only having 1 complain that I had put a special request for Microwave and refrigerator about which I already talked to Reception prior my booking but I didn't get the same. Reason provided was no microwave is available. which was disappointing. except above issue, Hotel facilities and services are very good.
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Your feedback is very important to us and we hope you stay at the Comfort Inn Landmark again
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Anoop
Very good place especially considering the price paid.
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thank you for sharing your experience with us hope to see you again on your next visit in Alexandria...
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Teri
"Landmark Personal Development Conference"
Had a good stay!
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thank You for your feedback. Hopefully you will choose to stay at the Landmark Comfort Inn again when you are in Alexandria Virginia
2 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
Changa
Grt staff helpful
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thank you for your response. The staff will be very pleased that they did such a good job. Hope you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to Alexandria Virginia
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"Old Wet and Stinky Carpet in the room"
We entered the room half expecting a clean environment but was disappointed. The carpet had wet spots and smell stale. We opened the window to air the room out but it made little difference. We were awaken at 2:00 am in the morning by a loud argument/conversation from outside the window by a security operative and other people. Free breakfast was a $6 voucher to an adjoining I-Hop restaurant. Not a pleasant experience :-)
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
We are sorry for your less than perfect stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we will use it to try and improve going forward. We hope that you give us a 2nd chance the next time you are in the area
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
oluyinka
"Great location and staff"
I loved this hotel it is within walking distance of restaurants and stores. It was a little hard to follow gsp directions but so worth it. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely come back again. The staff was very helpful.
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thank you for the time taken to complete this survey. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope we are your go to place next time you are in Alexandria Virginia
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Robin
"The Worst"
Out of 20+ years of business travel, this was the single worst experience of my career. I can't begin to start on how awful the experience was. I stayed here on 07/28/15 and will never stay at a Comfort Inn again.
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and we hope to do better moving forward
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Charge for Rollaway!"
They charged me a $15 fee for the Rollaway bed! I think I paid for three people to stay. I do not think that they should have charged me for the rollaway bed. I don't remember it being stated that it was an extra charge!!!!!!!
1 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Jerry
"Good deal for so close to DC"
Some very good neighborhood restaurants nearby. Easy access to the Interstate.
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Darrell
I didn't know that the hotel has ihop restaurant on the first floor. Also the breakfast only covers two options. If you don't like those options you have to pay full price
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. We will use your valuable feedback to continue to improve our property and each guests experience
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
This hotel is a nice hotel. An IHOP is attached to the hotel which was lovely after a long day of traveling and with the voucher for breakfast, we ordered it to go and ate in the comfort of our room. The neighborhood could be considered a little low income/sketchy but never felt my safety was in jeopardy. Things were clean and quiet. I would stay again.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Jen
"Nice hotel-very close to transportation."
this was first experience at this type of hotel in City of Alexandria VA. Used to live in City of Alexandria VA at Southern Towers Apartments for 6 & 1/2 years on Seminary Road actually.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Jeffrey
My stay was great.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Lynette
"Basic but adequate for a night's stay"
Basic but adequate except for the air-conditioner which was very efficient, but very loud. The cover of the unit was taped on and rattled continuously.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Great hotel / awkward entrance"
There is no outside seating for smokers (or maybe it was in an inconvenient location) so a bunch of smokers were sitting on the curb right in front of the main entrance (w/ their cigarette packets, ect spread out around them) & we with all our luggage & 2 kids, had to walk through & navigate around them.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Not bad"
The staff was great, good free breakfast and shuttles from the hotel to the metro runs every hour, but the last one is at 8:15, wish it was later, not to long a ride to DC. My only real complaint was that the AC was real noisy and ran all night, had to keep getting up to shut it off and on. The staff was great, good price, and location,
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Francis
"Excellent staff."
Booked for two nights, the hotel staff was very helpful in permitting us to stay a third night.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Decent place to stay"
The hotel was average, decent place to stay if your just looking to get a little rest. No frills.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Comfort Inn Comfort"
I needed to relax from the pressure of acting ,producing on a project. Perfect place quiet, comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2015
Adiyb
"Alexandria 's best hotel is comfort inn"
Best experience about a hotel stay in 23 Years of my life, my husband's and my son's too.An excellent hotel over all. I recommend this hotel to everyone traveling to Virginia.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
zahra
"Average"
The room was clean and stocked well. Soda machine on the 2nd floor did not work. We had to have breakfast at the IHOP and the food was not good. Did not like that we had to go there for breakfast.
5 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
"Not worth the headach to stay here"
Don't stay here! Room carpet dirty beyond belief, service not help when reported issues several times. Not worth the money. I don't plan on ever staying at this hotel again
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
"nice hotel,very clean"
a nice experience here. location is good. around the hotel there are lots of gas station and restaurants. Room is clean and the staff there are nice
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Ok but too expensive for the quality"
It was just me and my baby and dog. We didn't stay in the room much except at night. The doors are very loud so it startled my baby and the dog. The rooms could use some updating. But overall it was an OK stay and if I had to I would stay again but not for the price I paid.
2 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
Ana
"Comfort inn"
It was ok. The damages fee is a bit of a hassle as far as getting it back. The hotel tends to mess up credit card returns.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Jamie
"This hotel is a joke!!"
Hotel staff was OK. While checking me in the staff was having a personal conversation with a friend from off the street. Our heater stopped working in the room and it was freezing, they wouldn't even get anyone to come check it out. They wouldn't even bring extra blankets up, we had to go down and get them. Rodent traps where visible everywhere, even behind the toilet in our room. Freaked me out. The rates here are very over priced!!!! Oh and the pool and fitness center is across the street in another building. Won't stay here again, waist of money.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"THE BEST COMFORT INN"
I love staying at his Comfort Inn. The location is convenient to multiple places and the Highway. I love the complimentary breakfast that is provided by the IHOP that shares the lobby space. It's also near shopping centers and malls for quick pick up.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Bad staff on receptions."
I never new that a hotel can hold Mony for hypothetical reason. That's totally outrageous.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Jack
"Nice hotel close to Birchmere and DC"
Overall nice place to stay. Staff could be a bit more pleasant.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Clean and comfortable"
Good for the price. Didn't spend any time in the room except to sleep. Mgr said they were in the process of replacing carpets and mattresses. Ours was recently done So not sure about older rooms. Liked that the iHOP was connected and we received coupon for breakfast.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
J
"Convenient location to our family, shopping."
Everything was ok. The staff is usually quite friendly, and helpful. The room is ok, not the most comfortably, but ok clean.
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thanks so much for posting a comment on our hotel. We are glad that you found our staff ready to assist. We are in the process of making some upgrades to the rooms this month so I am hoping that your next stay with us will be more comfortable.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"nice"
it is very nice to have IHOP right next door and your hotel breakfast is at IHOP.
Response by Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Thanks so much for the excellent rating. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to the area.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"*"
The room decor appeared to be nice but close up, the comforter on one of the beds had what looked like grease stains on it, and the carpet also had stains and burn marks.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"businesses trip"
Clean room but bathroom very small Nice staff
2 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
Samuel
"Affordable"
Beds were not very comfortable.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Location of Hotel"
The hotel was just fine and the parking was great with handicap spaces all on both sides. Getting to the hotel is a trip if you really do not know where you are going and new in Washington area. I did get there after GPS location did it a couple of times for me to get in.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Bobby
Surprised by the quality of the facilities. Worked out great. Good breakfast option (IHOP). Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Awful"
Not a great hotel whatsoever. Poor upkeep and far outdated. Only advantage is you get free breakfast from the adjacent IHOP. Also, the hotel ran out of keys meaning if you wanted to enter/leave your room, you would have to call security. Did not offer any comps for the inconvenience. Poor service. Never again.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
"Excellent value!"
Clean rooms, i-hop voucher, convenient (and on time!) shuttles at a fair price. Will definitely stay there again (all things constant)!
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
DC lovers
"Would stay again"
Provided free shuttle to nearest metro stop; however, last trip from metro to hotel was at 8:15pm, so we needed a taxi in the evening. Breakfast voucher given for IHOP.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
MKR
It was ok
5 night trip Jul 16, 2014
keith
"No Comfort Inn This Hell Hole"
Yeesh! Where do I begin?! Ok, let me begin by saying that the young lady (Mathaba) who works the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful. I have absolutely no complaints about her. Now to the terrible experience... When we initially arrived and entered the room, it reeked of a stench I could not pin-point. We tried looking into other hotels in the area, but everything else was booked. And besides, they're smart... they had already charged $200 to our account, so we would've lost $200 (in hindsight, I would've given up the $200 to get out of there). There were disgusting stains on the carpet and a cigarette burn mark on the chair. After my son had walked around the room a bit in his socks (white socks) the bottoms were so incredibly filthy it looked like he had gone running in them, outside! Ugh! The elevator was missing numbers, and the entire facility was run-down and ill kept. We used the shuttle service to get to the metro station in order to travel to D.C. for some sight-seeing and when we returned we had to wait an entire hour for the shuttle to pick us up! We decided to ask for a roll out bed for our last night. They never said we had to be in the room for its delivery so we left to get dinner. When we got back, the bed had been left out in the hallway, OUTSIDE of our room! My son actually ended up with a stomach virus after staying there... not sure if one thing had to do with the other. This place is obviously not for many :-(
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Convenient to DC public transportation."
As I am not a licensed driver hotels that are near public transportation is optimal. Not only does this hotel provide a shuttle to the Van Dorn Metro station after visiting the Smithsonian museums in DC I was able to get the number 5 bus which connected me with the number & bus at the Pentagon Metro Station. If you happen to drive it is a quick trip from DC and within distance of a local mall. The number 7 bus drops you off across the street from the hotel. You are not limited to the IHOP located within the hotel as there are fast food establishments within a two minute walking distance, their is a supermarket and other strip mall type establishments. We arrived on a Wednesday and checking in was a comfortable experience and the staff on duty was pleasant. Our room was clean and everything functioned properly. Ample towels and toiletries were supplied. The breakfast was two vouchers to IHOP's: a choice of a continental type plate or egg, bacon and sausage. Enough to break a fast. I would return again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Felicia
very busy hotel. The room was exactly like others said, clean, beds comfortable, desk clerk very friendly, good free breakfast @ the IHOP. Took 15 minutes in traffic to downtown D.C. Parking is tight, but it's free! Enjoyed my stay.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Fay
"Great price for a nice hotel outside of the city."
I never write reviews about the places I stay because I'm a little jaded when it comes to hotels. I work for a five star, five diamond property and thought I needed to tell the people about this place so they know what they are getting. My wife and I looked diligently for a place in DC,that was close but affordable, because it was impossible for us to pay the extreme prices to be downtown..so we found this hotel. Our stay was for three days and we ended up being pleasantly surprised with our safety, cleanliness, and the staffs helpfulness. The breakfast vouchers ($6 off menu prices, or two choices of breakfasts)for the IHOP we great. We used them everyday and the waitstaff was very nice and had quick service even though it got busy while we were there. The hotel also had a complimentary shuttle service to the Van Dorn metro statio(15 min ride), which we used the first day. There were four of us in our family and the total cost round trip was around $45 round trip to and from the 'Mall' (45 min one way). Although it's nice not to drive, we found it less expensive to find a parking garage in the city for $21 a day and less headache taking a shuttle and then the metro. The traffic is not so great, but we made it into the city in about 45min and back in about 25 min(9.5 miles). Overall, the room was small and average, but comfortable and safe, and the staff was very polite and helpful. Hope this helps in your decision!
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
first time
"cleanliness was disappointing!!!"
found underwear from the previous customer in the closet!, thats all!
2 night romance trip May 24, 2014