All hotels in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America
5001 Ritter Road, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17055, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Rather comfortable
    Quite clean
    Great room
Not a lot to do in the surrounding area. But, really nice hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"What a night!"
So my stay was fantastic! I was with my girlfriend in Mechanicsburg for a friends wedding. We booked the room and paid in full prior to arriving. My girlfriend has hodgkin's lymphoma and she wound up falling ill at the wedding. Her condition was severe enough to go to the ER in Harrisburg! I called the hotel to inform them of where I was, and that if I checked in, that it would be very late. Very late turned into 2 am! When we arrived Crystal was at the front desk, and she extended our checkout time free of charge because we had such a long night. We walked into a clean spacious room with free pop corn and Hershey's chocolate! It's the little things that count. The next morning we slept in stress free, and took a relaxing dip in the fully functional and clean jetted tub. You can't beat this place, they make you feel right at home!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Sullivan's Painting Service
"Fine"
Hotel was fine. Good value except that my room smelled like smoke and made me stuffy the entire stay. When requesting a non-smoking room, I expect a non -smoking room.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Christine
"Wonderful stay!"
We loved everything about this hotel! The room was very clean and smelled fresh, the accommodations and room set up was great for a young family, romantic getaway, work---or anything in between! It was quiet and comfortable.The details added nice touches (Hershey chocolate waiting for us, stocked kitchen, etc). Every staff member we came across was friendly and helpful. The amenities were great--- the pool was clean and un-crowded. The breakfast was tasty and convenient....everything was just great! It's a bit of a drive from the "main" attractions of the area (Hershey, Lancaster, etc) but it was also cheaper and less crowded than the hotels that are closer to those attractions. I would definitely go back and stay there!
3 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Anna
We had a great stay at this hotel. The kids loved the pool, and the staff was all very friendly! We will definately stay here again!
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Wendy
"Couldn't have been better."
Hotel was within minutes of all our intended destinations. Hotel personnel were exceptional in assisting us in easiest routes to baseball fields (reason for our visit), shopping destinations, eateries and in any question we posed. Suite was immaculate, and had ample space to accommodate five people. The INCLUDED hot breakfast was icing on the cake. Would absolutely recommend a stay there.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Rich
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel. Wish it was a little closer to things (it's about a half hour to Hershey), but with free breakfast and dinner you can't go wrong. Room is great and beds are comfortable. We had 2 double beds which are pretty small for 2 people. We should have gotten the king suite with pull out couch. Overall great stay
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Jamie
"Perfect for our weekend getaway"
My husband and I wanted to visit Hersheypark and needed to find a hotel fairly close and at a decent price with all the fancy amenities. This place was well worth it, the room was gorgeous and the location was close to good restaurants and had wonderful breakfast options in the morning. All in all I highly recommend this as a place to stay.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"just ok"
Room layout was good. Hotel staff (especially Andy) really nice. I thought certain things were uncomfortable/outdated (couch/carpet) and it was cleaned like how a 12 year old cleans...not really detailed. Shower curtain, fan in bathroom, trashcans, spare blanket in the bathroom closet were all dirty. The details. Breakfast was not good (even by lower level hotel chain standards). Many hotels do a much better job of this. Area is also pretty bad---10-15 mins east is okay but immediately surrounding restaurants are pretty bad. I'll probably another hotel a chance if I come to this area again for this pricepoint.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to shopping, good breakfast"
I stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was very clean and had all of the amenities we needed. We were using the room to finish a work project and relax. There was nothing super luxurious about the room but the beds were comfy, the bathroom was clean, shower was nice and there was a small couch, a chair, a small table and a bar area. If you wanted to, you could have had seating for 7 easily. The rate I got was ok, but a little pricey for the location. There was a lot of construction around at the time. There is not much insulation in the walls, so you can hear people in the hallway all the time.
1 night trip with friends May 10, 2014
Michele
"Good small family hotel"
Spent 2 nights here. Full marks for the rooms and bed. Comfortable and decent space. We were 5 in 2 doublebeds and a sofa bed which could fit 2. Breakfast was sub par compared to other homewood suites. Location was not great as it was 20-25 mins from Hershey and no restaurants nearby. Tea/coffee quality in room terrible. Pool outdoor only so out of bounds in spring/winter/fall. Despite all that for the price, it was not a bad hotel. Clean and best part was it provided good sleep which to me is big as we mostly spend the nights in hotels.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
S
"Nice,friendly and clean"
We traveled to PA to go to springtime in Hershey park. The room was very clean and cozy. The staff was excellent, very accommodating And knowledgeable. The kids enjoyed the pool table and has a lot of fun playing. The breakfast was great and my sons enjoyed making their own waffles! Monday thru Thursday they even have dinner and drinks for the guests and cookies every night at 8:30, complimentary of course! They do not have any roll away beds that would have been beneficial as my two teenagers did not want to share a bed(they got over it) my only complaint is when we booked the hotel I was told the pool was heated and open. It was not open, so I had 4 disappointed kids who were looking forward to swimming. We found out it does not open til Memorial Day. Great stay overall
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"About 30 minutes from hershey ."
I needed a room for my family that included 6 of us .We wanted to go to Hershey park . I searched on line for hotels and I found it hard to find a hotel that could accommodate a family of six, and a few that I did come across the reviews weren't that good, and the rates were high. I came across Homewood suites by Hilton , and it seemed to have everything I needed, well worth the money.It fit 3 adults two teenagers,and a 2 year old. We had plenty of room . The room was very clean, had a nice little kitchen . It was about 30 minutes from Hershey but I was aware of that , wasn't a bad ride . If you want to dine at a restaurant there is one right across the road . But if you are looking for a name restaurant like Applebee's ect. They are there you just have to google it . We found friendlys, and Texas road house , its just a few miles away . Outside of hershey their are plenty of restaurants you might want to get a bite before you go back to the hotel , so you don't have to travel back . Over all the hotel was great . The breakfast was good it had something for all of us ,the cook even left out food for us when breakfast was all over one morning. The staff and front desk were great. I would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Renee Lee
"Nice hotel to stay for a few days"
It was nice to stay in the suit. Quite big space in room!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
The room was very spacious and clean. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"Flawless!"
Flawless experience - outstanding service, super-friendly, courteous, and professional staff! Room was immaculate.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"very close to places i wanted to visit"
Loved it breakfast was very good the cook was great all the personal were very kind and helpful one of the best stays I have had away from home.Again would like to express how well we were treated by the staff
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Dale Lohman
"Location is good, close to roundtop ski resort"
We spend two nights and very enjoyed the hot breakfast and dinner (dinner for Monday). I highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
C
"Would book again"
lovely, helpful staff, very comfortable main area, nice hot breakfast on weekends; great to have a kitchen and living room in addition to bedroom: more than adequate space; great cookies and round the clock tea and coffee.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Gail
"Nice size room . Comfy"
Had a fun weekend scrapbooking with some girlfriends.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
The staff and facility were great. The hot breakfast was wonderful!
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
Great room especially for the price. Friendly staff. Will def use again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Awesome"
Awesome service and hotel!
1 night business trip Dec 26, 2013
"Large family accomodation"
Overall experence was great. We needed extra blankets and the staff was curteous and professional. Beds could have been a bit bigger. I enjoy closeness but that was a bit tight.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
"Carlisle car show"
Very convenient location for the Carlisle car shows.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Roma
"Nice hotel for an extended stay in PA."
Hotel rooms are very nice and comfy, perfect if you need a kitchen in your room for cooking. For the suites they are definitely a great deal, great prices. Staff is exceptionally accommodating and friendly. We had a few carpenter ants in the room, typical for summer they offered us to switch rooms. We had some car trouble they let us check out 4 hrs later at no charge. Comp breakfast is delicious. All in all a perfect hotel with perfect staff.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
MRC
"Very pleasant stay for a layover."
I like the location where I was able to jog/run around the vicinity safely. It's close to the highway and it's a great location for a long drive layover. Felt safe and the Hotel Staff was super nice!
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Clean, comfortable hotel"
We stayed there 3 nights. Very clean, service was good. The hotel needs some updating and there's not much in the immediate area. Otherwise, excellent hotel.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2013
"Close to 15"
The hotel was very clean. The breakfast offered a variety of foods to choose from. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They put out cookies at 8:30 PM for the kids to enjoy while using the pool. The parking was adequate. Across the street was a restaurant that had very tasty food and the staff there were extremely friendly. I would definitely stay in this hotel again with my family.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2013
"Hershey Park Visit"
The hotel itself was very clean, the staff was very helpful, the breakfast was about average but that I wasn't looking for eggs benedict either. It was a quick ride to the Park, but you will hit some traffic on 322. Overall a pleasant experience.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
Very Clean. Excellent service. Excellent Value.
7 night trip Jul 29, 2013
"Excellent for weekend get-away with the family"
The room was comfortable. Breakfast offered a lot of choices! Close to Hershey.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"close to hershey"
This hotel is family friendly and offers an excellent value for the cost. The included breakfast was always plentiful and hot. It was only approximately 30 minutes from Hershey and a nice relief after a day at the park. I would stay again.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
amy
"Enjoyable stay at Homewood Suites"
My family and I had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The added bonus was the complimentary breakfast, dinner and evening cookies! If ever in the area in the future, we will definitely stay at the Homwood Suites again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Hakima
Showers could've been better but overall it was good.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2013
"Enjoyable place to stay for our Hershey trip"
This was overall a nice place to stay. The staff was great. The room was nice but the kitchen did not have an oven (stovetop and microwave for cooking). However, the full breakfast 6-10am was good and free dinner menu (including some free adult beverages) Monday-Thursday from 530-730pm was ok as well. We would stay here again if visiting the area.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Rob
"Truly a "Home away from home""
The location is directly off the turnpike, which is good if you like to drive EVERYWHERE, would be nice if there were gas stations, restaurants, etc within walking distance. The cleanliness and comfort of the hotel were superb, we loved the bed and bedding, all the amenities were everything that we have at home, especially the AWESOME breakfast and the AWESOME dinner with beer and wine. We booked 4 nights and added a night because we werent ready to leave. We are a family of four and loved to sit on the patio by the pool late at night and play cards. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this home away from home for your stay!
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
Boyd
"I will return"
Based on reviews I booked my stay and was very pleased. The staff keeps the property in such a state that there is not anything to be dissatisfied with. The suite was spotless, spacious and very comfortable. I will be back again next year.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Rob
"Very clean. convenient to Hershey Park"
Only stayed one night, as we came to spend the day at Hershey Park. This was probably the cleanest place I stayed at in a long time. All the corners, lamps, etc, were clean, and I couldn't find a speck of dust. They offer free breakfast which we didn't care for, so we went out. The front desk staff was most helpful and cordial. I also asked for discounted tickets to the park and the girl said that they had them, but the supermarket Giant had them cheaper and suggested we get them there instead. That was very nice of her.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Leesh
"Good service, satisfied"
I was very happy - we travelled during the 4th of july weekend. Pleasantly surprised with complementary dinner. Will recomend to all.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
ra
"Very nice hotel."
We were so happy with our stay, the hotel along with our room was so clean, service was great. We would definitely stay again!
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
Cheryl
"Great Family Stay!"
Very friendly staff. Breakfast was included and it was delicious. Drinks available all day long! Coffee was very good. Pool area was very nice. Towels available. Laundry room. Lots to do for kids. Lots of games available at the front desk. Although the room was very clean and nice, it smelled like cigarettes! We had to keep the windows open at all times. It was hot out so our room was very warm. Didn't think to ask for a non-smoking room and by the time we checked in, the hotel was sold out.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
JT
"June 2013 stay"
Hotel was well-appointed and well-kept. Hotel staff very attentive and accommodating. Breakfast was okay, but could use a little more variety. Evening meals were delicious (menu for the month posted inside the rooms, so you know exactly what is going to be served. Overall, a great experience.
4 night family trip Jun 15, 2013
"Two-day Vacation"
Excellent suite with all the right amenities. Hotel staff was friendly and positive.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaints would be the room I stayed in 114 seemed to have NO air conditioning. It actually did work just a enough to feel a small amount of cool air only if you held your hand up to the ceiling and touched the air vent. It was extremely hot in PA the few days we were there. So just trying to sleep in the room was terrible. You could not use any blankets and would wake up in sweat during the night. The hallway was at least 20+ degrees cooler than our room. So most of our stay we had to prop the door open from our room to let the cooler air from the hallway in. Which is very dangerous these days as everyone well knows. Another complaint I have is the breakfast area is TOO SMALL. Nice seating area to eat, but where you go to make your breakfast is very small and congested. But if you would take the time to wait in line for your turn to make your plate, after you finally receive it, you would be happy the food was actually good and hot. My final complaint would be the area surrounding hotel. Not much there looks like the area is starting to build and add to. On the bright side it is a quiet area but not much choices in eating or shopping nearby. All in all though it was a good stay and NO BUGS!! Which in my opinion means everything.
3 night trip May 30, 2013
"lots of positives, one negative"
the room was spacious and clean and had a lot of ammenities (dishes, silverware, coffee maker, microwave, full size fridge). the room and hotel in general were clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. the breakfast in the morning was excellent, with many hot and cold options. the only negative was that there must have been smoking rooms available somewhere in the hotel, as there was a faint, stale smoke odor in the common areas. our room was non smoking, but there was still a very faint smoke odor (probably a result of the HVAC). the windows in the room opened though, so fresh air was able to get in. overall, i would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"A trip to remember"
My stay at the hotel was great. The rooms were clean and roomy. My gransons had a ball two televisions and a dvd player. We only stood for one night because it was a weekend trip to Hershey. I would like to go back and stay a couple of days. I rated everything a five superb--- the breakfast area could be a little more organized. Don't get me wrong the food was great the kids loved it too but the area where you get your breakfast is very small and very crowded--and the reason why it was so crowded was because the food was great
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Rosanne
"Close to Williams Grove Speedway"
We enjoyed the convenience and quality of this hotel very much and will plan on making this our "go-to" place when we come to the races about ten miles away in the future. The rooms are comfortable and large, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent.
1 night trip with friends May 18, 2013
Dorsey
Fresh homemade cookies at 8:30 were awesome! The hotel was nice and clean, and the staff was friendly. Will stay here again!
1 night business trip May 10, 2013