All hotels in Mount Sterling, Kentucky, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here105 Stone Trace Dr, Mount Sterling, KY, 40353, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overcharged and leaving with a sour stomach"
My credit card was overcharged the moment that I walked in. The clerk says "you are the second person this has happened to and I do not have the authority to charge you card. 3rd shift does that, so that's odd. I will have to call my manager." While I received a bill for less than the charge the next morning, it took almost 48 hours to be corrected in my account. I can only wonder how many other people were overcharged that didnt catch it during their stay. At breakfast my seven year old who told me her milk tasted bad. I proceeded to try it and it was the worst thing I have ever tasted so I let the clerk know that the milk was bad. She stated, "You are the second person to say that this morning. They defrosted the refrigerator last night." She then gets the lady who puts out the food to remove the milk while she acted like we were being untruthful. She should have been required to try it. For an older hotel it was fairly clean and kept up, but I do believe we will be staying somewhere else next time.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Crystal
Noisy you could hear people upstairs. It is supposed to be non smoking and you could smell cigarettes.Bathroom has mold on walls. Staff was nice. Beds were not comfortable.
Response by Inn at Mt Sterling
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay in Mt. Sterling. I am terribly sorry about the noise and smoke odor you experienced during your stay. We are a 100% non smoking hotel, so I completely understand your fustration with dealing with that smell. I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service our staff provided during your time as our guest. I understand that we failed to meet the mark this time, but I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to impress you in the future. Thank you, Brandi Montgomery General Manager
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Staff great, Location Great, Hotel Very Nice!"
Enjoyed our stay here very much, would highly recommend!
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
"Get what you pay for....unfortunately"
Get what you pay for....unfortunately. Bathroom was dirty! Funky smell in the room.
Response by Inn at Mt Sterling
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our property. I am terribly sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations, and I assure you we will make every effort to ensure that we correct the cleanliness issues you mentioned. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the excellent service you are accustomed to with Fairfield Inn. We look forward to serving you again! Thank you, Brandi Montgomery General Manager
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great location with a caring staff"
Overall a nice facility in a convenient.location. Very accommodating staff.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
Goldie
"Would stay there again but..."
Everything was very clean! The beds were very uncomfortable!!!
Response by Inn at Mt Sterling
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I love to share our guests' opinions with the staff so that we know what areas we need to improve in and so that we can celebrate the positive comments. I am extremely pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be very clean, and I'm sure my staff will be proud that their hard work was recognized. I understand that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. Although we use the standard mattresses as required by Marriott, its always helpful when guests let us know one needs to be replaced. Again, I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment about your experience, and if you have any further thoughts to share feel free to contact me directly at any time. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Mt. Sterling!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Clean and Convenient"
It was clean and comfortable, just don't expect many amenities, it was pretty plain but it was fine for one night.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"nice place"
everything was fine - nothing super out of the ordinary but i did notice that the toilets did not flush well. one of the bedskirts was ripped which really isn't a big deal, just a little detail that should have been taken care of before hand.
2 night business trip May 12, 2014
toni ritchey
"ONE NIGHTSTAY IT WAS AWSOME."
I'M A FORMER CITY AND TOUR BUS DRIVER AND THE WIFE AND I WERE, IMPRESSED,WITH THE ENTIRE STAFF AND THE QUALITY OF SERVICE,WE HAVE FAMILY IN MT.STERLING AND WILL STAY HERE AGAIN,NO DOUBT.
1 night trip May 1, 2014
CORNELIUS & BARBARA
"Nice stay. A little overpriced."
Room and facility was clean. Breakfast was good. Overall a good stay. I would stay here again. Although seemed a bit overpriced compared to other places of the same.
Response by Inn at Mt Sterling
Hello Andrew, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! My staff and I take a lot of pride in ensuring that we are offering clean rooms and excellent service, and I am excited to share your positive comments with the team. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Mt. Sterling! Brandi Montgomery General Manager
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"disappointment"
When I booked the room . One of the reasons that sold me . Was that it had a heated pool and whirlpool. Well the pool was indoors and slightly heated and there was no whirlpool. Even though it was clearly advertised as having one. Even the sign on the wall by the pool said whirlpool. I was disappointed.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Timothy
"Excellent Value"
Easy access, excellent value, nice people, clean facility...great stay!
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Visiting friends"
Great breakfast, evening clerk was very passionate about her job and wanted to make sure your experience was great. Clean and comfy beds..will definetely stay again!
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Ash
"Great Stay!"
This hotel was a great stay, we have been traveling back and fourth from PA to Mt sterling, due to relocating and house hunting. We have been staying in Lexington because there were no room available in Mt Sterling, but we got lucky this trip and were very satisfied with the Fairfield. Breakfast was great in the morning, after we checked into the room, about 15 minutes later our phone rang in our room, it was the front desk checking to make sure everything was good in our room. We will be staying here again for our next trip, no questions asked. Thank You Fairfield for making our stay a Great one!!
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
relocating to Mt Sterling
"Good stay"
I biked this at the last minute and it was a oasis at the end of a long day. Great bed...great breakfast.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2013
Dewayne
"The hotel is in need of updating."
Staff was ok but overall I would not stay here again.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Filthy carpet in rooms."
Filthy carpeting in our room, our feet were black from it.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Family Man
"MSU graduation"
We could not have been more pleased with our room or the attention we received by the staff. The hotel smelled very fresh from the front door. The electronic key did not work on our first attempt to open our door. When I returned to the front desk one of the clerks rescanned the key and accompanied me back to the room to make sure it worked (which it did). We had an unexpected emergency situation arise with our party, which effected our reservation and the manager immediately took the proper steps to change the reservation status. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel because we were running late for the MSU graduation. The manager was instructing guests how they might best avoid delay caused by an accident on route 64. This saved us from going through the official detour everyone else was using. We realized it was a HUGE BLESSING when we reached the point where traffic was trying to enter route 60. We arrived for graduation well rested and on time thanks to the extra efforts of our hotel staff!!!
1 night trip May 10, 2013
"Very good service"
The staff was courteous and efficient. Rooms were clean, but showed some wear and tear. Overall, had a fairly good stay.
Other trip May 13, 2013
"Great for a quick stop in town"
This hotel was very easy to find. Provided breakfast (waffle maker, cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, etc.). FREE WIRELESS INTERNET!
Other trip Feb 8, 2013
Karine
"__"
The hotel seemed clean & the staff was super friendly!! We will definitely be staying again!! :)
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Terrible."
I was in Mt. Sterling area on business. During the four nights that I was at this Fairfield Inn, I had to move 3 or 4 times. This non smoking hotel has rooms that smell strongly of smoke, The front desk supervisor was extremely rude and reluctant to accomodate guest requests. He was argumentative and did not know what he was doing. We even had someone try to check into our room, when we were there, The supervisor came up to the room and asked what we were doing in there!!!! ?????....What if they had given the key to someone while we were not there? There were Many issues with this stay and I will not list them all here... I have NEVER been treated this way as a guest of Marriott. Unfortunately experiences like this get bad reviews and reflect badly on the other hotels that have more professional staffing. This hotel needs alot of rehab staff wise and maintainence wise. The breakfast area was crowded and had few choices. I will not recommend this hotel based on what I feel was poor management and poor staffing plus poor maintainence.
Business trip Jul 25, 2012
1 night trip Mar 31, 2014
Other trip Dec 23, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Inn at Mount Sterling

05/06/15 Linda C Ripley, West Virginia
Everyone was very polite and friendly. Rooms were very clean, breakfast was great and we had a great time in the pool. Restaurants within walking distance. Fresh coffee in lobby. We will be going to Shriners Children's Hospital every 6 months and we will be staying here every time.
"Kimberly blvens (bivens)"
04/26/15 nanakimberly
Our stay was excellent. Upon our arrival Tyler at the service desk was very professional and helpful. I would stay here again. My grandchildren really enjoyed the pool. Thank you for making us feel very welcome.
"A place to sleep"
04/16/15 Susan R
Upon arrival the receptionist was very polite and eager to answer questions. Room was a little outdated but nothing so bad that I wouldnt recommend the hotel for a last minute stop. Exercise area was a tad small but comfortable enough to use the equipment for my short stay. Pool area was very clean as well as reception area. I think with some updates this place could be a beautiful place.
"Wow! This is a Marriott!!"
10/29/14 UNSEEN01
Me and the family stay only at Marriott hotels during the many travels we've taken and when there's not a Marriott in the area we stay at the Hilton. This particular one was a shock to know that Marriott would put their name on it at all. It definitely does not meet the standards or the quality of any Marriott hotel that we've stayed at before. The stale and old smell in both our rooms were god awful, in our room it was so bad my nose began to sting from the smell being like stale old building or very old cigarette smoke. You could tell the curtains hadn't been replaced or washed for years it seemed, they were stained and smelled if you got near them. Our door to our room when closed you could see out into the hallway with the door not fully meeting the metal frame all the way. The bathroom shower rod was about to fall down from the wall, you had to be careful with it. We were afraid to sleep in the bed because just the whole smell and old scruffiness of the whole place. We were shocked and did not feel like we were staying at a Marriott. It's what you would expect from a Howard Johnson probably. I'm sorry but just the stinging odor alone and the dirt look of the whole place, we were shocked and disgusted. We should've just put the seats down in the 4 runner and stayed the night there instead. By far it wouldve been a lot nicer feel and smell at least, and our 4 runner isn't spotless to say the least.
"Local Standard?"
09/22/14 Palooka32 Lexington, Kentucky
This hotel is physically well below the standards met at a typical Marriott property. Having stayed at virtually every brand under the Marriott umbrella, the physical property is about the lowest I've seen. Seems clean enough, but just more worn that you'd ever expect from the brand. Seems on par with the Days Inn across the road (for half the price). The staff were just fine, and the breakfast was pretty good. So factor that in, if you have 4 people in a room the breakfast makes the Days Inn comparison look about the same. But if you want the Marriott feel, make the stop in Lexington instead. If you do stay, be sure to get a room on the top floor. I'm not a light sleeper at all, but I was awoke by the people in the room above me. They weren't loud, just going about their early morning wake up. Their shower sounded just like it was the shower in my room. Footsteps, etc. coming from above. Seems like thin floors.
"Not a good impression"
08/09/14 hoosierbiker2007
Booked this room for what was supposed to be a 2 night stay. Got there checked in..rooms super small, putdated, and dirty looking.door on bathroom was all scratched and looked like a dog had been locked in room (non pets allowed) Asked for extra blanket after waiting 15 min at front desk to find the desk clerk sitting outside smoking..gave me a blanket and when I opened it up it has yellow stains all over ..not sure if it was stained blood or urine. Gave it back and told them and checked out following morning. Do not recommend this location in Mt.Sterling at all.
"Good choice for one night"
07/22/14 MObookworm Saint Louis, Missouri
We stopped here on the first night of our road trip. The room was clean and pleasant. The breakfast choices were good - waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, yoghurt - something for everyone. There's a Cracker Barrel and a steak house walking distance from the hotel. The only negative was the pool. It was unbearably cold which was disappointing for our kids.
"Pleasant Surprise"
06/24/14 MCIMCOUSA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I stay at Marriott properties when I can. This was a last minute decision to stay rather that drive threw the night. I was very happy with the price the room was very clean and the staff was really pleasant and helpful. Room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. If your ever on I-64 and need a good clean place to stay and your east of Lexington then you can't go wrong here. Cracker Barrel is right next to the hotel.
"Clean and Comfortable"
06/05/14 pjmhart Alabama
This was a small but fairly standard Fairfield Inn that was located near where we needed to conduct some family business, it is not near any atttractions or sights to see. It served it's purpose but was very slim on amenities...there was an indoor pool and the free breakfast was satisfactory...otherwise it is a clean room with a comfortable bed.
"Not Much selection"
06/03/14 Michael S Louisville, Kentucky
Six of us stayed here for a golf outing. Mt. Sterling is a wonderful little city, but there are not many hotels from which to choose. This hotel was adequate, but seems to need a little updating. The room was clean, but the curtains didn't close very easily. The air conditioner didn't seem to remove much humidity out of the room. The breakfast was good and had a decent variety.