All hotels in Stockholm, Sweden
Riddarholmskajen, Stockholm, 111 28, Sweden, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location and awesome view!"
The hotel is in a fabulous location! It's a great idea, I think I just didn't want to sleep on a bunk bed which is not the hotels fault at all! The staff is awesome and accommodating!
2 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Ashley
"Magical, different, adventurous hotel..."
We had an incredible time. What a find. In fact, we plan to return here soon.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Low cost. Great location!!!"
It was a very novel place to stay. Such a great change from the everyday hotel. Location was exceptional. Walking distance from train central to shopping. Not a place for a big family but perfect for 2 people.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Cynthia
"great location, unique experience"
This hotel which is a yacht that has been converted to a hotel, offers a great location within easy walking distance to Gamla Stan - the old town. Although the single room was very small with a smaller than twin size bed, the experience is unique, the breakfast is well stocked with a variety of hot and cold options, and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. The free wifi was also a pleasant surprise.
2 night trip May 28, 2015
"loved sleeping on a real yacht which didn't move!"
male registration-desk person incresibly helpfl to all passengers. great location next to Gamla Stan and wAking street. best nite's sleep ever. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLIMB A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Other trip May 25, 2015
PENNY
"Incredible"
Amazing location. Friendly staff. Very unique hotel. Best spot in Stockholm.
3 night trip May 19, 2015
Jay
"Not as great as expected"
My sister and I were scheduled to visit Stockholm for about a week, and we jumped at the chance to stay overnight on a boat on Lake Mälaren. Pluses: It is a nice-looking old boat is a boat located right on the lake. The view is great :) They also have a good-sized free buffet breakfast and have a restaurant on board, though it is only open during dinner hours. Also, if you plan on spending most of your time Gamla Stan, you're well-situated. Negatives: The hotel is located on the far side of Old Town, and getting to and from anything in Stockholm outside of Gamla Stan is a big pain. Your best bet if using public transportation is to pick up the underground train system and get off at the Gamla Stan stop. The boat is only a short walk from this stop. However, one counter clerk gave us such bad directions that we were wandering around for almost an hour trying to get to the ferry. We were told to "follow along the edge of the island until we see the ferry", which, as we found out, is extremely misleading. Finally, the hotel’s rooms are small and smelled, as my sister said, of "unwashed old men". I understand that on a ship, rooms will by necessity be small, but the smell was constant and a bit offputting. Also, the water from the shower is not contained, and one short shower practically flooded the bathroom. So, while I was very excited to stay on this picturesque boat, I have to give the hotel a 3.5 out of 5.
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Cara
"Fun, unique hotel."
Cool to stay on a boat with a rich history. The yacht is cool to explor and the breakfast is great. Staff is very friendly. Wifi works fine. Clean rooms and common areas.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Roger
"Yes would definitely stay again."
It was amazing! I stayed for 9 days. Yes, it is obviously an older place but well maintained; room was clean and tidy; breakfast very good; location awesome - can walk anywhere and near Central Station. Would definitely stay again.
8 night trip Apr 1, 2015
tracey
This is a yacht, so there is not a lot of space in the rooms, but the novelty factor outweighs that as well as the fabulous location, walking distance to the train station, restaurants etc. The portholes do open, and even though we stayed there in winter, you will have to sleep with the window open, otherwise it gets unbearably hot. Breakfast buffet was nice, with hot and cold items. Our overall stay was great, the staff was wonderful. Do get a room with water view, it was great to look out over the water from my perch in the upper bunk.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Great for couples retreat"
Stayed here for a romantic Valentine's day weekend. Excellent location near the T-Bana, Gamla Stan, and City Hall. Breakfast and sauna on the ship were the highlights of our visit.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Sean
"overall, a very negative experience."
there were issues with air conditioning in the hotel and the temperature in the rooms was above normal and we had to sleep with the window open which created a significant draft on the bottom bunk bed while it was still hot at the top. That lead to a very unpleasant night. I only stayed there one night out of the 2 nights that I booked. Hotel refused to issue refund for the 2nd night despite the fact that they clearly had a technical problem. Not recommended.
2 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
Alex
"An adventure!"
Our stay on the Malardrottningen Hotel was an adventure! Our bunk bed state room was very small, but adequate and very clean. Overall, the hotel and room were smaller than anticipated, but the breakfast buffet was sumptuous and the staff very attentive.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"48 Hours in Stockholm"
The boat was great - our (Ocean view) room was on the main deck with gorgeous views every morning and evening. Our room was toasty warm with plenty of extra blankets provided if needed. Breakfast! A lavish continental and English spread laid on for all comers every morning - till 1030 on weekends. The bar is relatively well stocked, with a limited number of cocktails (freshly made, not a mix). The location is great - straight out of Gamla Stan Metro station (mind the Goths!). There are easy walks to most parts of Stockholm from the Yacht Hotel and of course the station makes it well connected - Gamla Stan is on both the Red and Green lines. The Nobel Museum, Museum of Modern Art, VasserMuseum and others are well worth a visit during your stay.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Rebecca
"Fun Experience"
Booked two rooms, with bunk beds with one adult and one child in each room. Each room was a little larger than I was expecting for an older boat. Plenty of space for us to move about. Bathroom was efficient and spotlessly clean. Breakfast great with many choices.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"TOO HOT"
The people serving at the hotel were great, so was the location. Having said that the room was way too hot and no options for control. The window didn't open, there was no thermostat. The room was so small that every time I adjusted myself in bed I was banged myself on something. If these things are not a problem for you then you will find the staff and location just great.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"Great for something out of the ordinary"
We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay here. Very nice staff, good breakfast and great location.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Nice hotel but WiFi is bad in most of the rooms. Rooms and WCs are very narrow.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great location, unique experience on a boat hotel"
The hotel was in a great location - close to old town and the train station. Was a fun experience being on a boat hotel and loved the water view. Felt like we were on a cruise ship. Only problem was water from shower went over bathroom floor.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Shabby and run-down, with stuffy, airless room"
This hotel has gone some way past needing a renovation. The rooms are shabby and run-down, with chunks out of the furniture and walls. The photos are not an accurate representation of the rooms' condition. Our room had no ventilation and the window didn't open - we boiled even though it was chilly outside. The staff are good, though - they just need a better hotel to work for.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Cool place to stay!"
It was great - room was a bit stuffy and hot but it wasn't too bad. Really charming, great deal. Would stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Great price for quality & location"
We stayed on the yacht hotel at the beginning and end of our vacation, a few days each time. The only real complaint we had was lack of air conditioning. It was a very hot July & start of August while we were in Stockholm, and we were in our rooms for only sleeping. The price for location can't be beat though, and they provide a nice breakfast every morning for free. I never felt the boat moving while in our rooms, only sometimes in the restaurant. The staff was great, and when they accidentally deleted our second reservation, they apologized and upgraded us! They also can hold your luggage for free on the day of your check-out.
5 night romance trip Jul 21, 2014
"PERFECT LOCATION"
The location is perfect. The cabins kind of small, but you only use it for sleeping...too much to see in Stockholm.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Great location and expierence"
Bed was beyond hard, toilet smelt a little bit but if you keep lid closed it supsides! Most amazing bathroom shower I have ever had in a boat! Overall great ambiance and location, nice staff but I wish the beds where better for the price we paid!
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Fun Hotel"
I had traveled many times to Sweden and visited Stockholm but never stayed in the city. This was my husband and mines honeymoon and we wanted to stay close to Gamla Stan (the old city) and found this cute place online. It looked really nice and different. Staff was very friendly let us drop our bags prior to check in so we could walk around the city without having to carry our suitcases. We told them it was our honeymoon and they immediately upgraded us to a suite at no charge. The rooms are small but worth the experience. Wish they would have told us about the construction going on right outside though, it made it hard to sleep with all the noise, and they worked through the late night and started early morning.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Wonderful service and great food! Location could not be better.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"HOT LOCATION AND HOT ROOM"
Terrific location and wonderful staff. Great breakfast! But, the room was so hot with no fans available we changed rooms. Two of the three portholes in the new room actually opened, but for two of the three nights we slept in sweat all night. One should take into consideration the weather in Stockholm in considering this hotel.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Older Couple
"Nice ship, small rooms, great location"
Nice ship, cute but little room. Good for a short stay without too much luggage.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Best location, spacious for a boat"
This place way great. I've stayed on a boat in Stockholm before but this place was much bigger. The room was much bigger and it had a private bath for about the same price as most other boat hotels. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. They also have a free sauna, you just have to ask. The only problem was the TV in the room didn't work, but we weren't in the room long enough to use it anyways. PS. Room 316 is great, nice views and it's at the end of the hall.
3 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
Keith
"Different is good!"
Looking for somethIng different in accommodations? This ship/hotel is it. Not a bad word to say. Affordable. Convenient. In the Old Town. Easy walking. Breakfast itself was worth the stay. Staff incredibly helpful. Highly recommend. Enjoy yourself.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Greg
"Close to Old Town Stockholm"
This hotel is in a great location for exploring the old town area of Stockholm. It is an old ship so picture a small ship cabin in your mind and then shrink it a bit. Not a room to hang out in at all but very functional. The ship/hotel has a nice bar and restaurant. Bar has a friendly staff and happy hour. You can hang out on the top deck outdoors with a spectacular view. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Great location room not so great"
This hotel is in a great location for exploring Stockholm City center and is reasonably priced. It is a converted ship so expected tight quarters, but unfortunately the carpets and bunk beds were in poor condition and the air conditioning, if there was any, inadequate for the Summer. That said the bathroom was good given the space and the staff very friendly and helpful. So OK as a budget option just don't expect too much comfort.
5 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"Good value, but tight quarters"
This hotel is in a great location, just a fifteen minute walk from the train station and only a ten minute walk from Gamla Stan. The included breakfast was good with lots of choices. The rooms are quite cramped, but I guess that's to be expected on a ship. The toilet in my room failed to flush in the morning. Otherwise the hotel seemed in good condition.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Affordable stay in Stockholm"
Easier to find than expected and could walk to center of city...room was very tight but bunks were actually comfortable...bar area was unique but not impressive...breakfast ordinary...
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Winnie
"Very cool place to stay in Stockholm"
This is a really interesting, unique hotel. Rooms are tight, but what do you expect staying on a boat? Great location, close to the Gamla Stan metro stop. Very friendly staff, especially the evening bar/restaurant crew. Would stay again here in a second.
4 night trip Mar 18, 2014
Very unique stay! Beds were comfortable, food was good, service was great! We loved the location, close to train station and all the sights we wanted to see were within walking distance. Highly recommend! Rooms were pretty small, but that's expected.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2014
"Enjoy the Water from water level overnight"
I enjoyed this stay, It was exactly as advertised. The conditions were in alignment and maybe better then my understanding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a joy to talk with them. The breakfast was very good and plentiful. I plan to return with others and spend a few more nights. It is toughly located next to the construction of the new tunnel. But it doesn't take from the atmosphere or experience. I was amazed as I opened my room porthole and took a fe pictures 1 meter from water level. The shower facilities were much better than I had anticipated. I highly recommend a stay. Monday night no restaurant but a short walk into the old city took care of dinner. Close to the Metro system.
1 night trip Mar 3, 2014
Bill Rawnsley
"Great Hotel!"
The hotel is in a great location. It was a lot of fun to stay on a boat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the restaurant was closed for dinner on Sunday and Monday. I would stay here again if I go back to Stockholm. Overall it was a great experience.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
"very satisfied"
great breakfast and convenient location. The room was very small which was tolerable for a single person but would have been impossible had there been 2 of us. The staff was nice.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
The hotel is in a great location. It is right by old town. You can walk to the palace in less than 5 minutes. It is less than a 10 minute bus ride from the train station (bus 53). A couple of the stops for the hop on hop off bus were very close by. Would definitely stay here again. The room was small but clean. The breakfast was good.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Fun place to stay & in the old town"
Very fun and different place to stay than you're typical hotel if you're willing to sacrifice a large bathroom that other hotel my have. I would easily recommend this hotel to others with my only complaint being the constant water temp change from very hot to very cold while showering.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
"Great location with amazing views!"
Location is perfect very close to the Royal Palace, Old Town and just steps from Gamla Stan train stop. It was great to stay on a ship as opposed to land hotel. We were very happy to find a tap for both fizzy water and still to re-hydrate after long travels and the breakfast had great options to fuel our days.
2 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Mara Bowman
"Enjoyable 2-day stay"
Attractive, quiet and very clean venue. The ship/hotel is located on the Riddarfjarden next to a large water's edge plaza where in good weather you can hang out and enjoy the view. The location is also away from main streets, and is less than a 5 min walk to Old Town and the Gamla Stan T-Bana station. Staff are courteous and generous with answering questions and generally helping guests find their way around Stockholm. I stayed in a single Sailor's Cabin which was small but manageable. The bed was comfortable and there were power outlets for charging your electronic gear. I was there in December and a movable electric radiator was available in the room if the central heating was not sufficient for your needs. The bathroom is adequate with hand soap and combo body wash/shampoo in dispensers. A free sauna is available for guests to book at any time. There is a restaurant/bar, but prices are quite high, and you can easily find less expensive dining options in nearby Old Town. Overall the hotel represents itself accurately in the Hotels.com description. I had an enjoyable 2-night stay at the Malardrottningen and would stay here again.
2 night trip Dec 1, 2013
JM
"Felt like A Moviestar"
Staying on this yacht makes you feel like you're in an glamourous movie from back in the day. The reception staff is very helpful. The hotel is in a GREAT location. The room, though small, was very comfortable. The fact that they have a sauna is a HUGE PLUS!!! I'd definitely recommend staying here. I'll be back!
2 night business trip Nov 25, 2013
Erika K
AC didn't work
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2013
"Convenient Location"
I enjoyed my stay at the Mälardrottningen Hotel. I initially selected it for it's location close to Gamla Stan, and that proved to be a good choice. While the rooms are very small, the free breakfast was great (bacon and eggs and fruit), as was the free wifi. If you're traveling on a budget and don't mind being in close quarters, this is an ideal hotel.
5 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Unique experience, amazing location!"
I loved my stay on the Malardrottningen! You simply cannot beat the convenience or the scenery of this hotel. It's an easy walk across the bridge from the train station, you're staying in the heart of the touristy Old Town (while being away from the rush of tourists at the same time), and you have great views of the lake and City Hall. The rooms are small but that's to be expected since they are indeed ship cabins. The WiFi signal is also strong. I did not eat at the restaurant, but getting a beer from the bar and sitting on deck while the sun sets is a great way to pass the time.
2 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2013
Jon
"perfect location"
I had a wonderful time sight seeing from this boats central location. Will return again for sure!
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"in the heart of it all!"
Wonderful stay. We even had our 10 month old little girl with us. I had a lower double bed with her while my husband had the top bunk. Second time I have stayed here and will return for every visit to Stockholm.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
enjoyed the charm and location of a floating hotel
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2013