All hotels in Stockholm, Sweden

Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
    Uncomfortable
Room was very small. Would stay again but get larger cabin. Beautiful location! The history of the yacht was fun to read.
3 night trip Apr 4, 2016
"I'm on a Boat."
It you want a unique experience, sleep on a boat. And make sure you're there for sunset. Amazing.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2016
Jenny
"Classy Yacht stay in heart of Stockholm"
GREAT location, in heart of Stockholm, aboard a Great Gatsby era YACHT. Porthole view of city/Sodermalm @slow winter season enhanced by desk clerk ubgrading me to waterview cabin. Elegant dining venue for included full breakfast.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2016
"Different accomodation"
I booked this hotel last minute and I didn't know what to expect of a hotel that is actually a boat, but I have to say that I enjoyed it. I didn't have a lot of comfort but I didn't expect either. Great view, good location, friendly staff and good breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Luis
"Everything was excellent except morning staff."
This hotel is a gem. It is in the old town, a few steps from the train station, has some of the most incredible views of the old city, and has a solid breakfast if you are self destructive carnivore. However, the morning staff is all grumpy while the evening staff is super awesome! Evening staff were some of the best people to chat with and they are super helpful. Also, the hotel did not have many vegan options for breakfast. However, when I mentioned that I needed some non dairy milks, they bought it for me the next day. That said, if morning people are given some happy pills and you let them know your dietary preferences at least a day ahead, this is the best 3 star hotel in Gamla Stan (old city) and possibly all of Stockholm.
2 night trip Nov 12, 2015
Mariya
"Ship Ahoy!"
I took my daughters to Sweden to see their grandmother's country. We wanted to stay overnight in Old Stockholm, and found this yacht for a reasonable price. The restaurant was very very good for our evening meal. Breakfast wasn't astounding, but it was tasty- just not as much choice as most Euro restaurants in the morning. The rooms were fun and cozy. You have a porthole for a window- that's fun! All in all, a memorable stay.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Philip
"Tight Squeeze!"
Very nice staff and a great location for exploring the old town. Also served an excellent breakfast. However, the rooms are extremely small with no room to move around at all, and there was a unpleasant odor which permeated the whole boat (it did get a little better after the first day, or we got more used to it).
3 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
Janet
There were NO room reserved for us when we got there. Eventually we got a room.
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"Rocked to sleep"
Very nice single bed on a beautiful ship. Great location in Gamla Stan. Highly recommended.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2015
Great service/location. Would stay here every time while in Stockholm.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2015
Jonathan
"Unique place to stay if you are ok with small room"
Only a few blocks walk to Old Towne. Maybe 6-7 blks to scenic boat tours and Grand Hotel. Great location. Lil short staffed in dining room, but we were in no rush enjoying the sunset & Swedish meatballs anyway!
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Pre cruise stay
"Stuck in a boat"
When I booked this hotel I had hopes that a stay on a boat would be perfect in Stockholm with the many islands and beautiful water views the city offers. Although the Hotel is located on Gamla Stan, one of the oldest areas in Stockholm it is docked in an area which is now a construction site and maybe in a year it will be an amazing waterfront walkway. Our room was very small with bunk beds and about 3'x 9' walkable floorspace which is a challenge for two people with luggage. Still hopeful, I tried to enjoy myself on the boat's deck and lounge areas which were deserted and dirty. The main problem with this hotel for me is the staff. Very unfriendly, maybe bored, and humorless, which made the experience a drag. The Hotel Skeppsholmen and the Scandic Hasselbacken looked liked great places to stay.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Great location and awesome view!"
The hotel is in a fabulous location! It's a great idea, I think I just didn't want to sleep on a bunk bed which is not the hotels fault at all! The staff is awesome and accommodating!
2 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Ashley
"Excellent for a ship converted to hotel."
The experience was fun and the conversion from a ship to a hotel was well done. The staff was exceptional and the ship's restaurant was a 10 out of a 10. A great experience.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
TOM
"Magical, different, adventurous hotel..."
We had an incredible time. What a find. In fact, we plan to return here soon.
2 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Lousy breakfast but very nice over all"
Tight quarters in room but that was expected. Very clean throughout. Great staff, friendly and helpful. Easy access to old town stockholm a couple of different directions.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Low cost. Great location!!!"
It was a very novel place to stay. Such a great change from the everyday hotel. Location was exceptional. Walking distance from train central to shopping. Not a place for a big family but perfect for 2 people.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Cynthia
"Boatel"
If you like celebrity yachts this is a fun place. The staff was superb and very helpful. My only issue was with the iffy Internet connexion.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Jan
"great location, unique experience"
This hotel which is a yacht that has been converted to a hotel, offers a great location within easy walking distance to Gamla Stan - the old town. Although the single room was very small with a smaller than twin size bed, the experience is unique, the breakfast is well stocked with a variety of hot and cold options, and the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. The free wifi was also a pleasant surprise.
2 night trip May 28, 2015
"loved sleeping on a real yacht which didn't move!"
male registration-desk person incresibly helpfl to all passengers. great location next to Gamla Stan and wAking street. best nite's sleep ever. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLIMB A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Other trip May 25, 2015
PENNY
"Incredible"
Amazing location. Friendly staff. Very unique hotel. Best spot in Stockholm.
3 night trip May 19, 2015
Jay
"Not as great as expected"
My sister and I were scheduled to visit Stockholm for about a week, and we jumped at the chance to stay overnight on a boat on Lake Mälaren. Pluses: It is a nice-looking old boat is a boat located right on the lake. The view is great :) They also have a good-sized free buffet breakfast and have a restaurant on board, though it is only open during dinner hours. Also, if you plan on spending most of your time Gamla Stan, you're well-situated. Negatives: The hotel is located on the far side of Old Town, and getting to and from anything in Stockholm outside of Gamla Stan is a big pain. Your best bet if using public transportation is to pick up the underground train system and get off at the Gamla Stan stop. The boat is only a short walk from this stop. However, one counter clerk gave us such bad directions that we were wandering around for almost an hour trying to get to the ferry. We were told to "follow along the edge of the island until we see the ferry", which, as we found out, is extremely misleading. Finally, the hotel’s rooms are small and smelled, as my sister said, of "unwashed old men". I understand that on a ship, rooms will by necessity be small, but the smell was constant and a bit offputting. Also, the water from the shower is not contained, and one short shower practically flooded the bathroom. So, while I was very excited to stay on this picturesque boat, I have to give the hotel a 3.5 out of 5.
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
Cara
"Fun, unique hotel."
Cool to stay on a boat with a rich history. The yacht is cool to explor and the breakfast is great. Staff is very friendly. Wifi works fine. Clean rooms and common areas.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Roger
"Yes would definitely stay again."
It was amazing! I stayed for 9 days. Yes, it is obviously an older place but well maintained; room was clean and tidy; breakfast very good; location awesome - can walk anywhere and near Central Station. Would definitely stay again.
8 night trip Apr 1, 2015
tracey
This is a yacht, so there is not a lot of space in the rooms, but the novelty factor outweighs that as well as the fabulous location, walking distance to the train station, restaurants etc. The portholes do open, and even though we stayed there in winter, you will have to sleep with the window open, otherwise it gets unbearably hot. Breakfast buffet was nice, with hot and cold items. Our overall stay was great, the staff was wonderful. Do get a room with water view, it was great to look out over the water from my perch in the upper bunk.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Great for couples retreat"
Stayed here for a romantic Valentine's day weekend. Excellent location near the T-Bana, Gamla Stan, and City Hall. Breakfast and sauna on the ship were the highlights of our visit.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Sean
"overall, a very negative experience."
there were issues with air conditioning in the hotel and the temperature in the rooms was above normal and we had to sleep with the window open which created a significant draft on the bottom bunk bed while it was still hot at the top. That lead to a very unpleasant night. I only stayed there one night out of the 2 nights that I booked. Hotel refused to issue refund for the 2nd night despite the fact that they clearly had a technical problem. Not recommended.
2 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
Alex
"An adventure!"
Our stay on the Malardrottningen Hotel was an adventure! Our bunk bed state room was very small, but adequate and very clean. Overall, the hotel and room were smaller than anticipated, but the breakfast buffet was sumptuous and the staff very attentive.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"48 Hours in Stockholm"
The boat was great - our (Ocean view) room was on the main deck with gorgeous views every morning and evening. Our room was toasty warm with plenty of extra blankets provided if needed. Breakfast! A lavish continental and English spread laid on for all comers every morning - till 1030 on weekends. The bar is relatively well stocked, with a limited number of cocktails (freshly made, not a mix). The location is great - straight out of Gamla Stan Metro station (mind the Goths!). There are easy walks to most parts of Stockholm from the Yacht Hotel and of course the station makes it well connected - Gamla Stan is on both the Red and Green lines. The Nobel Museum, Museum of Modern Art, VasserMuseum and others are well worth a visit during your stay.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Rebecca
"Fun Experience"
Booked two rooms, with bunk beds with one adult and one child in each room. Each room was a little larger than I was expecting for an older boat. Plenty of space for us to move about. Bathroom was efficient and spotlessly clean. Breakfast great with many choices.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"TOO HOT"
The people serving at the hotel were great, so was the location. Having said that the room was way too hot and no options for control. The window didn't open, there was no thermostat. The room was so small that every time I adjusted myself in bed I was banged myself on something. If these things are not a problem for you then you will find the staff and location just great.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"Great for something out of the ordinary"
We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay here. Very nice staff, good breakfast and great location.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Nice hotel but WiFi is bad in most of the rooms. Rooms and WCs are very narrow.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great location, unique experience on a boat hotel"
The hotel was in a great location - close to old town and the train station. Was a fun experience being on a boat hotel and loved the water view. Felt like we were on a cruise ship. Only problem was water from shower went over bathroom floor.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Shabby and run-down, with stuffy, airless room"
This hotel has gone some way past needing a renovation. The rooms are shabby and run-down, with chunks out of the furniture and walls. The photos are not an accurate representation of the rooms' condition. Our room had no ventilation and the window didn't open - we boiled even though it was chilly outside. The staff are good, though - they just need a better hotel to work for.
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Cool place to stay!"
It was great - room was a bit stuffy and hot but it wasn't too bad. Really charming, great deal. Would stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Great price for quality & location"
We stayed on the yacht hotel at the beginning and end of our vacation, a few days each time. The only real complaint we had was lack of air conditioning. It was a very hot July & start of August while we were in Stockholm, and we were in our rooms for only sleeping. The price for location can't be beat though, and they provide a nice breakfast every morning for free. I never felt the boat moving while in our rooms, only sometimes in the restaurant. The staff was great, and when they accidentally deleted our second reservation, they apologized and upgraded us! They also can hold your luggage for free on the day of your check-out.
5 night romance trip Jul 21, 2014
"PERFECT LOCATION"
The location is perfect. The cabins kind of small, but you only use it for sleeping...too much to see in Stockholm.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Great location and expierence"
Bed was beyond hard, toilet smelt a little bit but if you keep lid closed it supsides! Most amazing bathroom shower I have ever had in a boat! Overall great ambiance and location, nice staff but I wish the beds where better for the price we paid!
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Fun Hotel"
I had traveled many times to Sweden and visited Stockholm but never stayed in the city. This was my husband and mines honeymoon and we wanted to stay close to Gamla Stan (the old city) and found this cute place online. It looked really nice and different. Staff was very friendly let us drop our bags prior to check in so we could walk around the city without having to carry our suitcases. We told them it was our honeymoon and they immediately upgraded us to a suite at no charge. The rooms are small but worth the experience. Wish they would have told us about the construction going on right outside though, it made it hard to sleep with all the noise, and they worked through the late night and started early morning.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Wonderful service and great food! Location could not be better.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"HOT LOCATION AND HOT ROOM"
Terrific location and wonderful staff. Great breakfast! But, the room was so hot with no fans available we changed rooms. Two of the three portholes in the new room actually opened, but for two of the three nights we slept in sweat all night. One should take into consideration the weather in Stockholm in considering this hotel.
3 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Older Couple
"Nice ship, small rooms, great location"
Nice ship, cute but little room. Good for a short stay without too much luggage.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Best location, spacious for a boat"
This place way great. I've stayed on a boat in Stockholm before but this place was much bigger. The room was much bigger and it had a private bath for about the same price as most other boat hotels. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. They also have a free sauna, you just have to ask. The only problem was the TV in the room didn't work, but we weren't in the room long enough to use it anyways. PS. Room 316 is great, nice views and it's at the end of the hall.
3 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
Keith
"Different is good!"
Looking for somethIng different in accommodations? This ship/hotel is it. Not a bad word to say. Affordable. Convenient. In the Old Town. Easy walking. Breakfast itself was worth the stay. Staff incredibly helpful. Highly recommend. Enjoy yourself.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Greg
"Close to Old Town Stockholm"
This hotel is in a great location for exploring the old town area of Stockholm. It is an old ship so picture a small ship cabin in your mind and then shrink it a bit. Not a room to hang out in at all but very functional. The ship/hotel has a nice bar and restaurant. Bar has a friendly staff and happy hour. You can hang out on the top deck outdoors with a spectacular view. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Great location room not so great"
This hotel is in a great location for exploring Stockholm City center and is reasonably priced. It is a converted ship so expected tight quarters, but unfortunately the carpets and bunk beds were in poor condition and the air conditioning, if there was any, inadequate for the Summer. That said the bathroom was good given the space and the staff very friendly and helpful. So OK as a budget option just don't expect too much comfort.
5 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"Good value, but tight quarters"
This hotel is in a great location, just a fifteen minute walk from the train station and only a ten minute walk from Gamla Stan. The included breakfast was good with lots of choices. The rooms are quite cramped, but I guess that's to be expected on a ship. The toilet in my room failed to flush in the morning. Otherwise the hotel seemed in good condition.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Affordable stay in Stockholm"
Easier to find than expected and could walk to center of city...room was very tight but bunks were actually comfortable...bar area was unique but not impressive...breakfast ordinary...
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Winnie
"Very cool place to stay in Stockholm"
This is a really interesting, unique hotel. Rooms are tight, but what do you expect staying on a boat? Great location, close to the Gamla Stan metro stop. Very friendly staff, especially the evening bar/restaurant crew. Would stay again here in a second.
4 night trip Mar 18, 2014