All hotels in Stockholm, Sweden

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Awesome vibe
    Uncomfortable
"Great Hotel!"
The hotel is in a great location. It was a lot of fun to stay on a boat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the restaurant was closed for dinner on Sunday and Monday. I would stay here again if I go back to Stockholm. Overall it was a great experience.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
"very satisfied"
great breakfast and convenient location. The room was very small which was tolerable for a single person but would have been impossible had there been 2 of us. The staff was nice.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
The hotel is in a great location. It is right by old town. You can walk to the palace in less than 5 minutes. It is less than a 10 minute bus ride from the train station (bus 53). A couple of the stops for the hop on hop off bus were very close by. Would definitely stay here again. The room was small but clean. The breakfast was good.
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Fun place to stay & in the old town"
Very fun and different place to stay than you're typical hotel if you're willing to sacrifice a large bathroom that other hotel my have. I would easily recommend this hotel to others with my only complaint being the constant water temp change from very hot to very cold while showering.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
"Great location with amazing views!"
Location is perfect very close to the Royal Palace, Old Town and just steps from Gamla Stan train stop. It was great to stay on a ship as opposed to land hotel. We were very happy to find a tap for both fizzy water and still to re-hydrate after long travels and the breakfast had great options to fuel our days.
2 night trip Nov 30, 2013
Mara Bowman
"Enjoyable 2-day stay"
Attractive, quiet and very clean venue. The ship/hotel is located on the Riddarfjarden next to a large water's edge plaza where in good weather you can hang out and enjoy the view. The location is also away from main streets, and is less than a 5 min walk to Old Town and the Gamla Stan T-Bana station. Staff are courteous and generous with answering questions and generally helping guests find their way around Stockholm. I stayed in a single Sailor's Cabin which was small but manageable. The bed was comfortable and there were power outlets for charging your electronic gear. I was there in December and a movable electric radiator was available in the room if the central heating was not sufficient for your needs. The bathroom is adequate with hand soap and combo body wash/shampoo in dispensers. A free sauna is available for guests to book at any time. There is a restaurant/bar, but prices are quite high, and you can easily find less expensive dining options in nearby Old Town. Overall the hotel represents itself accurately in the Hotels.com description. I had an enjoyable 2-night stay at the Malardrottningen and would stay here again.
2 night trip Dec 1, 2013
JM
"Felt like A Moviestar"
Staying on this yacht makes you feel like you're in an glamourous movie from back in the day. The reception staff is very helpful. The hotel is in a GREAT location. The room, though small, was very comfortable. The fact that they have a sauna is a HUGE PLUS!!! I'd definitely recommend staying here. I'll be back!
2 night business trip Nov 25, 2013
Erika K
AC didn't work
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2013
"Convenient Location"
I enjoyed my stay at the Mälardrottningen Hotel. I initially selected it for it's location close to Gamla Stan, and that proved to be a good choice. While the rooms are very small, the free breakfast was great (bacon and eggs and fruit), as was the free wifi. If you're traveling on a budget and don't mind being in close quarters, this is an ideal hotel.
5 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Unique experience, amazing location!"
I loved my stay on the Malardrottningen! You simply cannot beat the convenience or the scenery of this hotel. It's an easy walk across the bridge from the train station, you're staying in the heart of the touristy Old Town (while being away from the rush of tourists at the same time), and you have great views of the lake and City Hall. The rooms are small but that's to be expected since they are indeed ship cabins. The WiFi signal is also strong. I did not eat at the restaurant, but getting a beer from the bar and sitting on deck while the sun sets is a great way to pass the time.
2 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2013
Jon
"perfect location"
I had a wonderful time sight seeing from this boats central location. Will return again for sure!
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"in the heart of it all!"
Wonderful stay. We even had our 10 month old little girl with us. I had a lower double bed with her while my husband had the top bunk. Second time I have stayed here and will return for every visit to Stockholm.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
enjoyed the charm and location of a floating hotel
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2013
"wonderful hotel, suberb staff, great location,"
close to glama stan (old town) 10 minute walk - wonderful views, great breakfast lots of fun
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
karl
"A great place to stay in Gamla Stan"
My staying in Mälardrottningen Hotel in Stockholm was very rewarding. A beautiful boat transformed to a hotel and we stayed in one of the staterooms with an illuminator for a window. It has been very interesting to stay like that. The place had a free buffet breakfast, a sauna, the restaurant on a deck (where the breakfast was served). We had a great view of the Gamla Stan (the Old City) while breakfasting. The place is very close to the Central Station so we just had a bridge walk there from the Central Station, as we came from the airport, and we did not need to take subway. I would recommend everyone this hotel, but make sure you book it in advance for you may not get rooms available and the price may also go up close to the date you need it for. ( I actually checked that myself)
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Vladimir
"Very central location - cannot be beaten!"
We enjoyed our stay very much. There was a heatwave but the staff were very good at providing fans for the (extremely overheated) rooms - the air con. was joke!. However, interaction between front desk and the restaurant did not work well. On the first night, we ate in the restaurant and received a 20% discount. 2 nights later, the waitress refused to give us the discount without a "check".. The front office manager quickly cleared up this misunderstanding but it put us off using the restaurant again... Also, we were not informed that the kitchen closed at 9 pm. We tried, several times, to attract the waitresses attention to order dessert but she was busy talking with other staff. When she, finally, did come over she informed us that the kitchen had closed!!!!!!! Clearly, she didn't get a tip.....
4 night trip Jul 25, 2013
TinaB
"Very nice hotel with great staff"
Nice, clean, remodeled room, great location, great breakfast, go for it.
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2013
"Cramped but convenient"
Our room had bunk beds - and no protective rail to prevent falling out of bed. But the friendliness of the staff, the ample breakfast with lovely views, the nearness of the metro station, and the proximity to old town all made up for this. I would recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
Mattie
"Ideal location for enjoying Old Town"
A charming, and fun place for a few days. Certainly a different experience to stay on this nice yacht hotel compared to other alternatives. Included breakfasts robust with nice choices overlooking the watersides. Everyone on the hotel staff outgoing and competent. Rooms are compact certainly, but comfortable - a boat after all. It's just a neat place. I'll stay again whenever I return to Stockholm.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"Love the location and unique experience"
So fun to stay in a hotel that isn't like the usual hotel. The rooms are small but cozy. The breakfast is adequate. The staff are great! I love the location because it was in a quiet area yet you are right the center of the city.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
"Great Stay in a small ship"
I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel on a small, beautiful, old ship. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful with everything pertaining to our stay as well as site seeing around the city. The room was small but very clean and set up exactly like an old cruise ship. The entire hotel was very cleanly and it was a little loud in the mornings because the walls were thin but overall it was quiet during the night. It was a wonderful stay and the buffet breakfast was fantastic. The views from this hotel were amazing and it was located close to old town and the palace. It was my first time on a ship and one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had in Europe.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
JB
"A very nice hotel to stay!"
This is an awesome hotel that is very conveniently located in the center of the city (old town) with the walking distance to the surrounding attractions and the central train station. The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. The hotel room is not big (well, it's a vessel style hotel) but cozy and clean. p.s. You can find this hotel on the post cards or magnets with the city's bird-view pictures that you can buy in the gift shops. :)
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Compact but convenient"
Good money saving choice - our bathroom was a bit stinky but that cleared up after the first day. It's a little claustrophobic in the small rooms, but that's worth it for a reasonably priced central hotel
2 night trip Jun 3, 2013
"Interesting place, small rooms."
I enjoyed my one night stay at this yacht hotel. My single room was small, but that is to be expected with a room on a boat. Desk staff never seemed to answer the phone when I called with questions, but they were helpful in person. Breakfast in the dining room was nice. Close to subway stop. A good alternative if you want to stay in Gamla Stan.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2013
JVRW
"Unique Gem"
I just loved staying here. Wonderful location and staff at this most elegant yacht located a short walk from Gamla Stan. Front desk service...Toby in particular...so helpful and friendly. Cozy room, excellent shower, comfortable bed, amazing breakfast each morning, sauna...what more could one wish for! Perfect for the solo traveler.
Other trip May 30, 2013
Joanne
"Great Central Location"
We really loved this as a place to stay. But I think some rooms are really tiny so you my want to think about booking a larger room. They put us in the large room at the very prow of the boat which was wonderful
2 night trip May 23, 2013
"Stay on a boat!"
This was great! Of course the rooms are small because it's a boat, but what can you expect. The breakfast was very nice and the location is spectacular for site seeing. Highly recommend it, but I would recommend going during a slightly warmer time of year, late March was still pretty chilly.
2 night romance trip Mar 23, 2013
Jenny
"Terrific location and service"
The Mälardrottningen Hotel is in a lovely and convenient location. The view from our room was spectacular! The breakfast was generous and tasty, and the attendants at the desk were exceptionally helpful.
5 night family trip May 2, 2013
Diane and John
"Awesome and Splendid Place to Stay"
Who does not like sleeping on a ship? Many reviews list the small rooms and cramped style which is exactly what you will get staying here. My wife and I could share a single bunk and be smooshed together or one could sleep on the top bunk and other below. The location is on the edge of 'old town' Stockholm and 5 minutes from the nearest metro station. The ship itself was in great condition and the room was plenty warm in -5C temperatures in February. The harbor and sunset views were spectacular. The only negative is that the shower temperature fluctuates from hot to tepid warm every 30 seconds in a cycle--tolerable but strange. Otherwise, breakfast was great and the value to stay here in an otherwise expensive city was phenomenal. Enjoy the quaint and lovely style of the boat!
2 night romance trip Feb 24, 2013
LordTanle
PERFECT LOCATION! Nice quiet area on the edge of Gamla Stan. AMAZING BREAKFAST EACH MORNING!!!! Sausage, Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Crepes, juices, coffee, and also traditional European Breakfast (meat slices, breads, cheese, etc...) I loved eating breakfast by the windows looking out at the frozen bay and all the cool ships and buildings. I was however a tad disappointed I had a room facing a gangway... but, next time I'll be sure to ask for a better view room. I definitely felt I had a more unique stay in Stockholm here than in a traditional Sheraton or something, and really enjoyed the area it was in. I would definitely stay here again next time!!!! Yes, the rooms are small... but, you're staying in a piece of history, and you're really there to see Stockholm!!!
2 night trip Feb 22, 2013
J Safford
"Unusal hotel"
The former yacht was in a good location, 5 min walk to the subway station. Could benefit from upkeep. Room was tiny, but not unexpected. It is a good hotel for location and sleeping, not for passing the time. Breakfast was ok. I have had more extensive breakfasts in other hotels in Stockholm - but the view of the lake and Södermalm is excellent.
3 night business trip Feb 17, 2013

Great stay. Staff were fantastic, room had a powerful shower and the breakfast was amazing. Just be wary that the room needs natural ventilation, so there is a ventilator in the bathroom which can sometimes be a little noisy. The area around the blat is perfect for sightseeing.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
Sam
"An adventure in central Stockholm"
Rooms on a boat are small but was all we needed. Could walk to many places, staff was great as was included breakfast
4 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
"Top location for budget travellers seeking unique"
We stayed for 3 nights in room 223. My boyfriend is very tall and lucky for us the great staff at Malardrottningen were able to put us in a room with two beds on the floor (ie not bunks). The room was also much more spacious than other rooms. The location was fantastic and incredible value for such a unique experience. Breakfast was pretty good and the novelty of being on ship, together with the excellent location in Gamla Stan and cheap price made it a fabulous stay.
3 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
Samantha
"Only 5 min walk from old town"
Highly recommend for a short break to stockholm. Very close to train station and the old town. Perfect for 1 or 2 nights stay. There is some construction work going on in the area but it didn't affect us at all. Clean, convenient and really fun to stay on the boat.
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2015
Rachel
"Building site in front of the hotel"
Building site in front of the hotel
2 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
"Correct for the price"
It is a pretty good and affordable hotel considering its position in the city center. But don't expect anything exceptional. The least expensive rooms are small cabins in the "basement", beds are comfortable, the staff is professional, the breakfast is ok. Ventilation is not very effective and there is a quite strong smell of sewers in the bathroom. But you are 300 m away of Gamla Stan and this is a huge plus.
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
Constantin
"Chris & Judi Sydney Very good at the price."
Five minutes from the palaces etc. A fifteen minutes walk to the main Station. The perfect waterfront situation at one that you can afford. As you sit at breakfast you are right on the harbour. The cabin we chose was very small but we realizad we had not paid a big amount. The bathroom was cramped but all was new and was all we needed. The top berth was cramped but once in it, it was comfortable. Good air-con and it was quiet. We liked places that we could sit in peace. Next time we will stay a week. It is different but wonderful.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
Fantastic location, great value for money compared to other hotels in the centre of Stockholm. Would recommend for somewhere quirky to stay.
1 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015
"It is a unique experience staying on a ship"
We had bunk beds, very comfortable. The ship is right in the centre of the old town, so you can walk around.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Dawn
"Mälardrottningen Hotel"
This is a nice place. The location is excellent and the staff was very helpful. The other reviews regarding the ventilation were accurate. Our room was a bit warm, but not extremely hot. Otherwise this is a great place to stay. the rooftop deck is a great addition and very nice place to relax.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Glenn
"Mælardrottningen june 2015"
We have stayed at this hotel many times and we always come back , best location , perfect view. Rather small cabins With signle beds but , the location and the total impression makes up for it
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
Geir Qvam
"Great experience"
Great location, delicious breakfast, comfortable bed on a boat! Loved it!
1 night trip May 28, 2015
Tracy
"I love boats and the location was great too"
I stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of boats so the hotel would have had to try hard to disappoint and they certainly did not. The staff where really friendly and helpful as well as being multi-lingual which was useful as my Swedish is non existence. The room was exactly what you'd expect from a cabin on a boat. It was cozy & clean and I paid a little extra to have a river side view which I'd recommend. The bathroom is very small but the shower was great. The bed was a bunk but as I was on my own I didn't mind this at all. The location was fab. About a 10 minute walk from the central station and 2 minutes from the old town which has everything you need, it is also off the main roads so there is no late night traffic/street noise. I will be going back to Stockholm again next year and will likely stay here which says all it needs to for a review
Other trip May 31, 2015
richard
Really nice, clean and friendly hotel. Room size is as you would expect but the beds are very comfy. The location is brilliant with gamma Stan station very close, a very enjoyable stay
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Christian
"Fun Hotel in a Brilliant Situation"
I really enjoyed staying on this boat hotel. The cabins are cramped as expected, but this is really the only negative. Ideal location, excellent breakfast, good staff and great ambiance.
2 night family trip May 26, 2015
Philip
"Good value hotel in a great location"
My friend and I visited Stockholm for 4 nights and wanted a hotel that was close to the main tourist attractions for a reasonable price. This hotel had great reviews and definitely lived up to my expectations. All of the staff were very friendly and gave great advice for places to go for dinner or a drink in a bar. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Gamla Stan, the old part of town where there are plenty of tourist attractions (like the Royal Palace). My friend and I love walking around to explore a city, so if you don't mind walking up to 30 minutes, it's also easy to get to other areas of Stockholm including the beautiful Ostermalm and the more trendy Sodermalm areas. It's also only a 20 minute walk from T-Centralen, where you can get the Arlanda Express to the airport. The breakfast exceeded my expectations- there was a large range of options and the food was very tasty. It's also nice to have breakfast with fantastic views of the city. The cabins are a bit small, but it is a boat and probably the reason why this hotel is so reasonably priced. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I return to Stockholm.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Sophie
"Unique hotel"
Great location, good breakfast and staff. Room was cosy.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Good location, tiny room"
The location is very good, very near to Gamlastan T-Bana and not far from the Central Station. The hotel is very lucrative to see from outside and in a very nice place. The staffs are good, too. The room we got was pretty tiny with a stinking flavor in the toilet.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
Fuad Bin
"Something a little different, and very central"
I was really pleased I'd booked this boat hotel. When I arrived another guest seemed to be unhappy about his room and was shouting at the receptionist in Swedish, but by contrast I was delighted with mine, and the receptionist was most helpful. I had paid a little extra (not much) for the sea view and slightly bigger cabin, so maybe the other guy hadn't. The room was warm and cosy, and the bathroom, though small (it IS a boat after all) had a great shower. The boat is 7-8 minutes' walk from Gamla Stan Tunnelbana (metro) and the old town is thus within very easy reach of the boat. My only disappointment was that I only had one night on board: I would have loved another.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015