All hotels in Holland, Ohio, United States of America

"Excellent Room"
Nice room. Full kitchen, couch, desk. Addressed a plumbing problem quickly. Definitely a good place we'll remember.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Leo
"I wouldn't recommend this place"
This extended stay is poorly maintained, poorly managed and you will find the barest of services provided by the less than enthusiastic staff. This is the cheapest place around and it shows. If you can swing it, spend the extra bucks and find another property. If you must stay here, ask to be placed in one of the buildings that was just "remodeled". There, you will find minimal peeling paint and drier carpet.
6 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"Former Residence Inn needs renovation"
Sadly, this property has seen better days. The staff was not particularly friendly, the upkeep of the interior and exterior of the rooms / buildings was poor, and the breakfast was not very good either,
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
LGL
"Good value, nice stay"
We stayed for one night while visiting family in the area. The room was recently remodeled and very clean. Both hot and cold breakfast foods were available. Certainly not gourmet quality, but plenty of food. We did not see the issues with the exterior grounds I saw in several reviews....I guess its been taken care of. The person at the desk mentioned they had replaced most of the housekeeping staff as well.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"POOR"
No Towels in the room/room not clean floor/carpets oil' Mirror on door damage/broken.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
NICHOLAS
"Okay for one night"
You can't beat the price for what you get. Room was large and it had full-size appliances in the kitchen area. Even a fireplace. Complimentary breakfast was a bonus, although if you are health-conscience you might be out of luck. My only complaint was the bathroom in our room. It was clean, but toilet barely flushed and the shower drained very slowly. Definitely in need of maintenance.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Centrally located"
we arrived around 4pm to check in, we got the keys...couldn't get the door open! finally pushed and pushed, it opened...we came into a room that was dark, dingy and not very clean. We purchased Lysol to clean the floors in the bath and kitchen as our feet were sticking to them...like they cleaned them w/dirty mops...I had to ask for bath products as they were only in the room on the initial check in...they didn't leave soaps all week w/o me asking for them...the king size mattress was 50 years old! it was so lumpy and bumpy and dipped in the middle and the sides that getting rest in this room was not in the cards! unfortunately we were unable to get a refund or I would have checked out of this hotel immediately. The only good thing I can say is the location was good for us...but I would not recommend this hotel to friends, family or even my enemies! and if you do decide to stay, bring your Lysol, paper towels and bath products!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
LAURA
"You get what you pay for..."
At the low end of the spectrum for a studio suite, this hotel is certainly proof you get what you pay for. The property is run down and poorly maintained. It serves its purpose if you need a place to put your head at night - but don't expect any bells and whistles here. IT is bare bones, run on a shoe string and it shows. The housekeepers are delightful, however, and do their best to keep the inside of your suite clean and stocked. The location is central to Toledo and close to the expressway. Take my advice though,,and cut through the adjacent shopping center to the traffic light if you want to get anywhere in a timely fashion. `` Overall, it could be better - but it could be worse, too.
8 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Bang for your buck"
I was looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay with my husband and have alone time away from our boys. The price was perfect, rooms great size and we were able to have amazing alone time . Thanks for the awesome bangs for our buck :-)
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello Angie, we are glad you enjoyed the price, space and ammenities we offer at our hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the Toledo area
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Angie
"Don't believe any of the "positive" reviews"
We stayed in room #814. If you must stay there, stay away from that room. The hotel is desperate need of a facelift, and that won't help. The building and furnishings look like they are from the 60's. Cigarette butts on the grounds, the guy cutting the grass LEFT the clippings on the sidewalk,and here is the kicker. Walking around in my room I suddenly found my socks getting wet. The carpeting under the cabinet supporting the TV was wet, and had been for sometime, because the cabinet itself was rotting from being in water too long. we told the staff in the evening and in the morning, and all seemed surprised that that was there. I think the outside walls leak, and haven't been addressed in a while. Won't be back
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello Doug, Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our hotel is currently under exterior renovations for some much needed updates and we are excited about the progress. As mentioned during our conversation, we would be more than happy if you decided to give us a second chance if you are ever in the area again. Hopefully next time the weather will be more forgiving and there won't be any torential downpours. Hope to see you soon.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
doug
"Thought it would be great deal but..."
Everything was good until we got there. Staff was awesome, the room was ok, but the place was extremely run down. I thought it would end up being a great deal because of it being a Wyndham Suite and the price we got it at; but I was wrong. The place looked as if it were an under construction in some areas but the workers were hardly present; my team of gus back in St. Louis could've gotten more done in the amount of time they did.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello and thanks for taking time to review your stay. We are currently under going exterior renovation so we apologize if the construction materials were unsightly. We do try to make our renovations as unintrusive to our guests as possible so we carefully time the amount of work done per day to minimize noise and other interuptions for our valued guest. Glad to hear you were happy with your room and our staff and hopefully if you are ever in the area again you decide to stop by and check the progress of our renovations. Hope to see you soon.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"worthwhile"
Construction started at 9 am. but the hotel needs maintenance.Room was fine for the price.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello Signguy. We apologize if the exterior renovations bothered you, we do our best to try and limit any interuptions to our valued guests during this transition time. Good to see that you were pleased with the room and price. Hopefully next time you are in the area we will be done with exterior maintenance and renovations and you will stop by and see us again. Thank you for the review.
4 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Signguy
"You get what you pay for..."
I have stayed at this hotel several times before, but this stay was likely my last. Positives: Good location, affordable, kitchen in the room. Negatives: Musty smell in rooms, overall not clean feeling (glass at bathroom sink was dirty), and this trip there was a large moth and a very large spider in my room. Breakfast the next morning had about half of what had been served during previous stays. Overall, this hotel just needs a major renovation & cleaning.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello Kerry D. Thank you for the review, we appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay. We are saddened to hear that your last stay was not as good as your previous stays and would like to assure you that we do our very best (being an exterior property) to keep the things that are supposed to be on the outside...on the outside. We hope you decide to give us another chance if you are ever in the area again. Hope to see you soon.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Needs TLC"
The outside of the complex wasn't clean with over grown weeds growing on the steps upstairs. The door handle to the room was broken. Inside the curtains were ripped but over besides looking dated it was a nice area. The couch was nasty. A little TLC would go a long way.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello Maxwell and thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We invite you to come back and give us a second chance once our interior and exterior renovations are completed. Hope to see you soon.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Dont judge a hotel by it's cover."
A little scary when you first drive up. We almost turned back. Needs much external TLC. BUT... Very friendly and helpful staff. What a jewel when you walk through the door. Large room, comfortable bed, full kitchen and large bathroom awaits. Air Conditioner works well and quietly. Even granite counter tops. Very pleased with our stay. Clean Quiet Comfortable, what more can you ask for....plus the price was excellent.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Thank you Lisa for taking time out to review your stay with us. We are excited and pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the updated features and ammenties inside the room. We are currently under exterior renovations to give our hotel better curbside appeal. We hope that if you are ever in the Toledo area again you decide to stop by and see us again.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
"Horrible"
This was a very disappointing stay, the room was extremely dirty. The toilet was never cleaned, the carpet was wet and there were bugs! House cleaning would came everyday and take the dirty towels, but never would leave clean ones, nor would they clean the room. Will never stay at a Hawthorn suite again.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
We are disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do highly value the cleanliness or our rooms and the service given to each guest but based on your review it seems that we may have dropped the ball. We sincerely apoloize and invite you to come back and give us a second chance. If you do decide to grant us a second chance be sure to speak to a manager upon arrival and hopefully we can make your second stay much better than your first experience. Hope to see you soon.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Great but understaffed"
Lady at the front desk seemed overwhelmed. They don't allow early check-ins so everyone came at 3 I was the 4th person in line it took 30 minutes to get to me. Needles to say I was not happy. But the room was clean and tidy Ac was already on so the room felt great, it was in the upper 80s outside. The mattress was worn out on the left side probably from people getting out of the bed on that side. They should really replace that.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
We apologize for the delay at check-in, we do our best to register our guest and get them to their room as quickly and efficiently as possible. Being that we are such a large exterior property with a unique set up, I'm sure in the 80 degree weather we most likely were running a little behind as we care about our staff and do not want to over exert them in such high temperature. Glad to see you were pleased with the room you were assigned to and that it was clean, cool and comfortable upon your arrival. Next time we will be quicker. Hope to see you soon and thanks for the review.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
ARandomBlackGuy
"Not worth the money"
Hotel rooms are old and complimentary breakfast could have been better. In-room amenities were not upto the mark.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello kna, our hotel is currently under interior and exterior renovations. Please stop by and see us again if you are ever in the area. Hope to see you soon.
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
kna
"I don't even know where to start on how bad it was"
The hotel is under construction but judging by the condition, they may be better off tearing it down and starting over. I knew I was in trouble when the card reader on my door was corroded and disgusting. The rooms are very outdated. The coil on the stove was actually broken and hanging out and the wall paper was coming off in sheets in the bathroom. I was expecting more from a Wyndham and it will be a long time before I stay in another one.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Hello Randy we apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to assure you that we take great pride in making our rooms presentable and welcoming for our guests. We understand that first impressions are important and from reading your review sounds like you are ready to give up on Wyndham, however if you are ever in the area again we invite you to give us a second chance to make a first impression. Hope to see you soon.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
Randy
"relaxing"
good
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Thanks :-) glad you enjoyed your stay.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
"Awesome suites"
The place is furnished incredibly nicely with fully stocked caninents, a real fireplace, full couch, large separated bathroom, and a porch. Was blown away buy the quality for such a low price. Would stay again without a doubt.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
David Gay
"Nice Surprise!"
My husband and I stopped here on our way to New York from Chicago. I was pleasantly surprised that the accommodations included a full kitchen (full size refrigerator, stove, dishes, silverware, glasses, dishwasher) with eat at breakfast bar, large vanity area by the bathroom, dresser with 4 drawers, plus not only a table and chair but a couch and coffee table in front of the TV. Bathroom was immaculate. Very quiet and clean. Excellent value for the price!
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/Toledo Area
Thanks for taking time to review your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and ammenities we have to offer. Hope to see you again if you are ever in the area.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Would like to see a more professionally dressed staff;general cleanliness ok except in closets around floor boards; shabby exterior; needs painting etc. Stayed at Microtel in PA which was cleanest, most professional motel in which I have stayed, Expected the same from another Wyndom ... very disappointed.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Not a Truth Teller"
Hotel completely under reno -- wasn't even clear where to check in. No towels in the room. Called before heading out for evening asking for towels. Front desk said they were in the dryer and she would have them in room before we returned. No towels when returned. Called front desk. Told that she couldn't leave to bring towels because she was alone. Went down to front desk to find 2 people chatting away. Police circling parking lot continuously -- clearly issues here.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Needs updated"
Cobwebs all over the ceiling lights. Bottom of door in bad shape. Nice concept but needs a little tlc.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Good Place, needs updating"
Had a nice enough time- was able to use the pool but the spa didn't work. looks like they were renovating parts of the front units
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Shawn
"Run Down"
Room was ok, but outside was rundown. Looks like it hasn't been gardened all summer. Really dissappointing.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Max
"nice place to stay"
plesant stay did not like getting awoken by a faulty fire alarm, breakfast was good just had to ask for more towels alot but otheriwse are stay was fine hotel under renovations can't wait to see
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Lori
the carpets are dirty and the room smelled bad.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Needs updating
5 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Joey
"Perfectly fine, but really run down"
There were some good things about the hotel -- it was a big room, and had a full kitchen in it. But it was really run down. The bathroom door did not close; the sliding glass door did not lock, so we had to prop it closed with a stick; it smelled like old bologna. And it was generally in poor condition. I don't mind wonky cheap motels. It's just that when I booked this place, I didn't get the impression that it was a 1.5 or 2 star kind of place. Just be aware of what you're getting here.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
J
"Will stay again"
It was a pleasant place to stay, the breakfast was good. We stayed in the middle of the Toledo water crisis and decided to only stay one night instead of 2. The manager at the front desk took care of me even though I had book with the no refund price. It was not difficult to find and we will be staying there again.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
"needs a lot of work"
Room had a nice layout with a small kitchenette. However it needed more updating. The first thing I noticed was the tub stopper that should have been in the tub drain was in the soap dish. It was an interesting trip when you sat on the toilet, it was loose and rocked side to side. I then noticed that the viewfinder was missing on the entry door. Found it the next day laying by the doormat, appeared to have been laying there for some time by the corrosion on it. The ceiling above the vanity had a large dark water-spot even though it looked like the room had recently been repainted. This was evident by the paint splatter on the bathroom door, paint residue on the ceiling light fixtures and paint drippings on the kitchen soffits. The outdoor spa was not in operation and appeared to have not been for some time. It was drained but had residue water that was algae infested and various toys in it. GROSS. The bed sheets were thread bare and needed disposing of. There was work being completed on the outside of the buildings and I hope that those improvements will be continued.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
hoot
"Relaxing"
In the perfect location. Great restaurant, Walmart and Target store close by. It has everything we had wanted we had the townhouse. The beds were so soft and inviting. You don't wake up rough you woke up relax.
11 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Katrina
this was the worst room we have booked we stayed long enough to book another hotel (this was 2:30 a.m.)
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Nice place to stay for a night."
The hotel was rundown overall and in need of an update. The room was clean and comfy but in need of a makeover. It did have a small kitchen with everything needed to make a meal if so desired. The free breakfast was just ok. The pool looked nice but the hot tub was drained and out of order. There was a basketball court in the center of complex and the sounds of people playing late was a bit annoying. There was a restaurant next door.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"FALSE ADVERTISEMENT JACUZZI WASN'T WORKING"
the room we were in was a wreck holes in curtain lamp shades broken dirty furniture and carpets weeds all over the place
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
This facility needs a lot of improvements. Much of the exterior is rotting. A lot of weeds in the landscape bed areas.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
C
"Re-think Wyndham's"
This Wyndham; Very disappointing; dirty floors,afraid to take a bath, only partial supplies/towels, deck and stairs rotting
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Good stay"
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Front desk and staff were professional. Exterior and the grounds were disturbing. I do not blame the staff, I blame management for lack of concern. I work in this type of business and would be absolutely mortified. Is obvious they never leave their office. Also is not a budget thing to make sure the property is weed free.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2014
TLR
"Two stays - a three and a two."
It is the luck of the draw as to which room you get. Some are good (clean & restful) and others are very poorly maintained, dirty and noisy (basketball, children playing, etc.).
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
The hotel could be a gold mine but it has gone down considerably since we were there before. Weeds, trash, filthy carpet, etc. The infrastructure is still there...they just need to hire some temp laborers and clean the place up!
10 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
Pam
"Great for the family"
I love the two bedroom setup. Although a bit dated, this hotel works great for our family when visiting the Toledo area. Beds are very comfortable. 2 bed, 2 bath setup is great.
Allen
"not to bad"
nice place but the floors and walls are very thin I could here the kids running up stairs and the kids at the pool yelling but at 10pm everying was quiet. I would stay again. they need to sweep alittle better found a safty pin and a hair pin on the floor.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Nothing Positive"
I had booked two rooms in the hotel as we were meeting family. When we walked in to our room it smelled like it had just been cleaned with a gallon of bleach. We had to open it up to try and get rid of fumes. My daughter went in to use the restroom and it was all wet. She wiped it off with towel and while using the toilet water was dripping on her from the light fixture and ceiling around it. We called the front desk and they said they would have someone look at it but it would be a day or two. If we had to use the restroom we had to place a towel over our head in order to stay dry. My older daughter and family was in the other room. Their shower curtain was all moldy. The people staying above us were obviously partying all night. A call was made to the front desk however it never was addressed. When I said something to the front desk lady in the morning she said it "wasn't in the log". Felt like she was calling me a liar. I usually book hotels that offer a free breakfast as it does save when you are traveling with a family. Based on the lack of cleanliness we opted not to east the breakfast that was being served at the hotel. I have tried numerous times to contact a manager in order to receive a refund however there never seems to be one available.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Pam
"Never again..."
The room was filthy. There was residue on the mirror, trash left outside the room door, trash left on the floor in the room and a hair tie laying in the middle of the bathroom floor. The shower curtain was torn and hanging and the linens were pilled. Extremely disappointed as this room was booked due to the Wyndham name. No offer to make things right. Will never stay at another Wyndham again. If you are going to use the name, meet the expectations.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Wish we could have stayed longer"
We got in late and had to leave early but the accommodations were wonderful!
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Kitchen suite in Toledo, OH area"
Overall, it was ok. We were in town for a family reunion and brought ingredients to make some southern specialties. However, our unit was not equipped with an oven. They told us that the handicapped units did not have ovens, that would have been useful information to have when we booked the room. The pool area was very well kept, but the spa was roped off and empty.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Spacious rooms but noisy"
Great place to stay unless you have to sleep during the day or want to take a nap. Basketball court and pool got very noisy in the afternoon. I am a night shift worker who needs quiet and it was anything but quiet. Room was clean and spacious at least and I enjoyed the kitchen.
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
"Decent hotel for the money"
It was a decent hotel for the money. We were in town for a family reunion so the kitchen was useful for preparing meals and dishes for the reunion. Some staff were helpful and friendly but the front desk person was kind of rude. I asked for two extra towels since we only had two for four people. I was told they had none. I asked if some would be available in the a.m. and was told yes. The next day after returning for the night we found a note from housekeeping that said they were sorry we had no towels and they would bring some later or I could go to the front desk. I went to the front desk again and was told they had none. I had nothing in my room - no bath towels, no hand towels, no wash cloths, etc. The desk person was rude and seemed annoyed again with my request. She did in fact have everything but bath towels so she ended up giving me everything except those and substituted pool towels for those. It was annoying to not have the hotel basics but even more annoying to have staff be rude to you when you ask for it.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014