All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
9880 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92131, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9228

"Close to major highways"
Overall stay was satisfactory. Excellent buffet breakfast each day. Last night we stayed out of 7 the bathtub had crud backed up in it so we could not shower the next morning.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Nice area but hotel is very run down for the price"
We arrived & entered our room #207. The carpets were dirty with stains everywhere. The sofa & chair also were stained. The TV was barely hanging on the wall so we had to be careful & not touch it. The bathroom sink was orange with rust. The bathroom shower was not very clean. The next day we asked to be moved & the front receptionist was friendly & did accommodate us. We moved to room #434 & it was better but the carpets were still stained & the sofa pillows were dirty & stained. The windows were so thin that we heard freeway traffic all night. Breakfast closed at 9 am & we were provided with styrofoam plates, bowls & plastic utensils. We've stayed at 3 1/2 star hotels with Expedia & they were all very nice. This hotel should be rated a two star.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
JJ
"Comfort as its name"
friendly, convinience, roomy. Good place to stay.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great for the price"
The bed and bedding was very comfortable! Cleanliness was okay. Breakfast was good but not kept up during the breakfast hours - actually ran out of everything when we came down one day. Considering the low cost of staying there, I'd say it was more than worth it.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Breakfast is very good!"
My family was satisfied because of having great breakfast everyday. And also my room was very clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, Microwave oven sometimes stop working in my room. It is not convenient for us to warm cooked food which we bought at supermarket.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
41 Midway
"Great Hotel Staff."
Fabulous staff. Hotel is getting a bit old but still nice. Good breakfast.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Close to the freeway !"
Very poor lighting in the room. Difficult to get the heater to work. Room did not feel clean.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Joyce
"Rio hotel Las Vegas"
Room was very nice n clean
1 night trip Dec 22, 2014
Jonathan
"Comfort for sure!"
It was great, I'm coming back!
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"Birthday"
Excellent hotel and the employees were very friendly and helpful. The only negative was the elevator, sometimes you had to wait almost 10 minutes for the elevator on the ground floor
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Ian
Very comfortable and convenient. Hotel staff are very friendly. They also offer free drinks (beer & wine) in the evening. Breakfast was good. Not only cold stuff, they had hot food like eggs and sausages. I'd like to stay here again if I had a chance.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Good experience over all."
With exception of a few minor things it is great hotel and will accommodate and make satisfied many customers. Knowledgeable and professional staff, big rooms, great breakfast with many restaurants and shops in the area. Plenty of free parking and hotel located right next to freeway entrance. Pool usually gets noisy in evening times (even in winter months) and noise level gets into the fact that it can interfere with watching TV inside room, but blame probably will have to go to absolutely ignorant guest/parents who can care less abut others. One should take into confederation this fact (if you are too sensitive to constant screaming, yelling and shouting) but one thing this hotel is guarantee that right at 10PM it is ALL over with NO exceptions. As not picky customers we experienced this a few times as we stayed over during family travel times but we are planning to return due to compatible lodging prices in SD area and other benefits of this hotel able to provide for our travel needs.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
"Best value for the money!!"
For that rate - probably the best hotel we've been to! The service was excellent - when we had trouble with the AC they switched our room immediately. The staff was polite and helpful. The rooms are wonderful with a mini living room that allow you to talk after putting the kids to bed (:. The lobby bar has happy hour with popcorn and beer. If we'd ever visit the area again - we will definitely come back! Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Meital
"Easy access by vehicle"
This hotel is for those that have a vehicle. The easy access to the interstate and adjacent highways make this hotel travel friendly and easy to find. It is only 15 to 20 minutes from any beach and downtown. The staff is helpful and amenable. The rooms are large and clean with a living area and sleep area. The amenities are updated and the room is furnished nicely. In room microwave, fridge and wifi are free as well as parking. The free breakfast has a good selection and can feed any family or business traveler. The fitness center is dull and small, but will do the job in a pinch. The swimming pool and whirlpool is great, but busy and the noise from the courtyard can invade your room privacy. Overall a great value, clean and easy access for vehicle travel. I will stay again.
Response by Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
JT, Thank you for your kind remarks on your stay with us. Our property is definitely in a great location with being a short 15 minute drive from most fun things in San Diego like the beach, Old Town, and Seaworld. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
JT
"Everything you need without paying extra"
This hotel was great. The bed was so so comfortable and the pillows also. The free breakfast was good. I have no complaints. Will definitely stay here again!
Response by Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
LaShon, Thank you for your kind words in regards to your stay. We strive to provide a memorable experience for all our guests, and I am so pleased you were able to experience this! We look forward to your next stay with us.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
LaShon
Great location close to everything with a great atmosphere.
Jeannie
"Old dark rooms, stained sofa"
The rooms were dark with not enough lighting. The carpets looked Old and dirty. To top it all, there were big stains on the sofa. Total turn off. Please stay away
This was a very nice hotel and the staff was very friendly, my room was very clean.
Made a reservation for Saturday till Wednesday, got to the hotel a day early and the hotel helped us get a room for that night there. The next day we were able to check in to our reserved room before the said check in time; was very comfortable and very convenient. Loved the area as well.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Leiloni
"Great deal!"
Easy booking, easy check in, easy check out...all good. Very comfortable, roomy suite for a great price. Hotel staff is super friendly. Comp breakfast is always great for a family. Easy FREE parking (I think it's a rip off to be charged for parking when staying at a hotel). The only reason I didn't give the facility 5 stars is because the Jacuzzi was on the fritz and had to be closed.
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
Cindy
"4.2 of 5 Rating"
Definitely a 4.2 out of 5 rating. Very clean, decent breakfast, and ample parking.
4 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
richard
"Pleasant"
Stay was great except for the elevator condition - on again, off again with no signage to keep us informed of status.
4 night family trip Oct 22, 2014
"Awesome place..."
Breakfast was beyond 'continental'. Loved that they offer a 'business office' so you can read emails and print boarding passes.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Cyndi
Room was comfortable, but keep hearing doors banging. The hotel should fix the doors so when the door is opened and let it shut by itself it won't making banging noise.
3 night trip Oct 16, 2014
We were in room 210. The door handle was not working properly. The chair and couch in the sitting room were old and worn. Everything else was great. Loved the breakfast.
3 night trip Oct 12, 2014
"Better than expected"
This hotel was a suprise, first of the room is a suite, alot bigger than we are used to! The check in staff were very nice and friendly. The breakfast was another suprise, just as good if not better than the breakfast restaurants in the surrounding area. The Only problem we had was Saturday night with the hotel full, the shower drain started bubbling up with waste water from the 3rd and 4th floor shower drains. Called the front desk, who sent the only available person at 10:00 PM, the security guard. He checked it out, said maintenance would reair the next day. The problem is the age of the hotels plumbing, I do building maint., so was familiar with the problem. The water did drain eventually, a small bump in a very good stay.
5 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
Sharon Whittington
"Surprisingly Disappointing- Expected Much Better"
After traveling three days just to get to the hotel, our family ran into some traveling issues, which caused us to arrive a day late. The hotel did not and would not accommodate us on the cost of the room, nor did they offer any type of reimbursement for money paid up front. The breakfast was barely editable, as the eggs were runny and the bacon was rubbery. They claim to offer Wi-Fi, but my room did not have Wi-Fi during the entire stay. The room was a fairly nice suite, had two rooms, which was great. It allowed some to stay up and watch TV, while the others slept. The bathroom door was jammed and wouldn’t close all the way. Overall, the room was fairly clean and I felt comfortable staying there, but if you are expecting to get any work done via Wi-Fi, forget it.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Nena
"Nice hotel with good rates"
I was satisfied with everything. Staff very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Off to work again"
Good stay, convenient location and friendly staff.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Maria
"Nice hotel on a budget"
Everything was great. Room was nice. Bed was fantastic.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Poorly trained night staff! Poor room condition."
Nasty night receptionist (04 Oct 2014). Poor room condition! Our assigned room that a receptionist earlier reassured us be an air conditioned room did not have an actual air conditioning unit, as we found out when we came in late at night. No unit! And yet it was represented as an air conditioned room. The bedroom lights were not working and the phone was dead. The Security guard who was sent in reported back to the night receptionist on duty and the night staff on the phone, asked the Security Guard to ask us if we wanted a discount! I spoke with him and he explained the situation. I explained that the room is hot and the windows cannot be left open as we were on the ground floor and calmly asked for another room. He flatly said, "There is no room. You can look for another hotel!" At another point of the conversation, he sarcastically said "-yeah I will build a room for you!" That was disrespectful and unconscionable. I refused to accept this and asked him to find us a room or transfer us to another hotel. I stopped talking so he could look for a room, or find another hotel for us but he just stared at me and did not want to make a move. I asked him to do his job. He was passive aggressive. ..This is not the kind of hotel staff that travelers would want to deal with at the end of a long day. And the room is certainly not worth the Comfort Suites name! As I did not wish to settle for a discount, after some 30 min, he gave us a room..so there was a room! Tsk, tsk, tsk!
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Dulce
"Miramar Comfort Suites"
Perfect location for the business I was visiting. Very comfortable and quiet even though it is located next to a busy freeway. I will stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2014
"Beat Up Room"
The room furnishings are very worn. Carpet dirty and stained, as were the couch and chair. Bed was clean and comfortable. This hotel needs to invest in some new furnishings.
3 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"Very disappointed"
A/C would not work, beds were horrible, my husband ended up sleeping on the floor, service was very slow and did not care about the customer. I would not stay there again.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great weekend family visit"
Was exactly what I expected and wanted. Bed was comfy and I loved the LCD in both rooms. Breakfast was excellent.
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE"
The room is very worn. Stains all over the carpet, the couch and the chair. I have stayed here each October for the last 5 years and have noticed the furnishings declining each year. The carpet and the couch were disgustingly dirty. They did have a newer bed and bedding. That was comfortable.
3 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
TOM
"miramar"
The bed was cormfortable but the couch in the sitting area looked like it was picked up at the thrift store. It's due for a replacement.The free wi fi was a bust. Didn't work at all.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
eric
"Great place with a great price!"
We were only in town for one night but we were very happy with our stay. We had large, clean and comfortable room for a great low price. The young lady at the desk was friendly and polite. Did not have time to use pool but the area did look very nice. We did get a chance to have a wonderful breakfast before we checked out! We will defiantly be returning customers!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Anthony
The hotel is too close to the freeway. A bit noisy.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"bad beds"
The beds were sup par for some motels not suite quality. Walkways need to have concrete fixed it was easy to trip. Weekend breakfast started at 7 instead of 6am.
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Vance
"Very serviceable hotel at a reasonable price"
I stayed here while managing some family business locally. The location, room and service were all perfectly adequate. I would highly recommend it for this type of use -- not for luxury vacations, of course.
3 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Convenient location, good value"
We were in town for a family visit, zooming up and down the 15, and this location worked out really well. The hotel met all my criteria: good location, reasonable rates, free wifi, breakfast and a pool, not necessarily in that order. It's not a new property, but our room was very clean and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
i was pleased with the staff and the room. loved the breakfast. i will stay again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Very nice hotel, extremely friendly staff and great price.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Mariana
"Convenient location; door locks were a challenge"
We thought the staff was friendly; we were able to get into our rooms early without additional charge, which was appreciated. We had an early flight, and needed to get refreshed before we went to our early evening appointment. The breakfast was awesome and efficient. The air conditioner was a bit noisy. Even though we were were located right off of the freeway, our rooms were quiet. The most frustrating part was that our cards didn't open the door locks. We had to get assistance several times in our 3 days stay. Rooms were fairly clean, but there was hair left from the previous tenant in the bath tub & on the bathroom floor.
3 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
"Worked perfect for our business needs."
Rooms were always clean. Just a few minutes from our training center we were attending. Surrounded by restaurants including a Denny's in the parking lot. Perfect.
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Eddie
"Definitely stay there again."
We ended up staying there an additional 3 nights. My husband had a medical emergency and was hospitalized for 3 days. The hotel staff was amazing. They helped me get another room, asked about my husband daily, and the night shift was very helpful when we needed medical services. The rooms were great. Microwaves, wet bars, and lots of electrical outlets...one of my pet peeves about hotels...never enough places to plug things into. Also close to nice places to eat, easy freeway access, and shopping.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Connie
"If only the keys to the room worked..."
Labor weekend was a very busy time for such major issue to occur. Our room keys didnt work, we got a new key every day 3-4x a day. Depending on how often we left the hotel. The key issue was so bad that we just askee to be escorted to be let into our room. The staff were great and I really felt bad the whole key and rekeying issue. I'd stay there again only if the key issue resolved. And it would be nice if the manager returned called... Location is awesome! Shops, eateries, freeway. :-)
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Amy Chan
"Card key did not work"
The card key did not work during my stay. Every time staff come to the door to open. Just before leaving the hotel , they replaced the key unit.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Good price"
Excellent service, staff very accommodating
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014