All hotels in Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here111 South Chelsea Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ, 08401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.7
    2.4
I purchased 1 night at this hotel as a birthday present and was willing to spend the $220+ in order to have a 'nicer' experience. I usually book the cheaper rooms since I don't really stay in them, but since this was a gift I was willing to spend a bit more than usual because the hotel/room seemed to look very nice! The entrance itself was very nice but as we walked through a diner, yes, a diner, in order to get to the Annex side, it appeared as a cheap motel. They had those light up creepy looking signs on walls telling you what floor you were on--reminded me of something you see in a scary movie. The bed in the room was the nicest thing, it was very comfortable. The bathroom looked cheap and so did everything else. All in all, the Annex isn't that bad but it's definitely not worth the price I paid. They should definitely lower these prices. I'd say it's worth no more than $130 on a Saturday night--and that's being nice. It should definitely have 'motel' prices.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
CE
"Ok. Close to boadwalk"
Simple weekend vacation. Nice facility. Wish it was alittle closer to everything
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"The annex is a 1-2 star. Do the Chelsea instead."
Basically my boyfriend and I did not like the annex. So we switched to a room at the chelsea. The chelsea made our stay much more enjoyable.
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
The hotel is a motel not a hotel it was a rundown motel. The food on the Fifth floor was no food. The shower knobs in the bathroom didn't work. And you have to pay for your car to be valet for each night that you stay and make sure that your car is not dented or scratched which ours was. The whole experience was terrible, I wouldn't recommend this hotel/motel and for the price that one pays for each night it's not worth it.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Stay away!"
The room itself was not bad. The hallway smelled and it looked like it has not been painted 10 years. The elevator pings on every floor so if your room is near it, you are going to have a long night. The door was not attached correctly and needed to be slammed shut to seat properly. The keys take 20+ times to scan for them to work. They also tried to add extra (late check-out) charges on the bill. Please double check your bill. The only good thing is that Tropicana is 2 blocks away. Good luck!
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Matthew
"THE BATES MOTEL!"
We were going to be in AC for a quick one night stay with friends and chose this because so many others were booked or outrageously expensive. I was a little hesitant to stay here after reading the reviews, but I thought "if it's part of the Chelsea, it can't really be that bad can it"? Boy was I wrong! You walk into the really nice part of the main hotel, and then they send you to the back where "The Annex" is located. Even just walking up to it there is a really creepy "Bates Motel" feel to it, with the blinking neon lights and arrows. The carpeting in the halls is old and dirty, with the walls to match. The rooms are a decent size and the beds are the nicest thing, but the all smell like smoke and the bathrooms are also dingy and outdated. One of the other couples we went with saw a cockroach in their bathroom, and another couple had brown water coming out of the shower. Needless to say none of wanted to shower there, we just wanted out! I spoke to the manager on duty and she was useless, offering to give us an upgrade next time we stay. At which point I laughed and said never again. She could just have easily offered a discount or other amenity, but it was clear she could care less about the nasty experience her customers had just endured. For the price we paid, we could have just as easily stayed at the cheap motel across the street and at least paid way less money for the same conditions and service.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Glenda
"Not clean"
The Annex hallways and room were FILTHY. Floors, bathroom and counter tops.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Everything Was Terrible"
It was Flies Everywhere The Water Was Very Cold The Room Door Was trifling An it Look Like The hotel Was Shut down NEVER AGAIN WILL I VISIT THERE AGAIN
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Mica
"Worst hotel I've stayed"
The photos of the hotel on their website is opposite of what actually is. It is an old hotel. Floor tiles in bathroom is from 1970s, cracked and dirty, the aroma of the hotel room is very musty. The door to the room does not close properly so you have to slam to close.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Mr. Logan
"Chelsea Review"
Annex was completely different compared to The Chelsea; Annex had a motel look and feel. Also, had no refrigerator in my room, but had a great stay nonetheless. Everything worked, balcony was cool and the king size bed was amazing. Definitely get my party on in AC, simply needed a room just to sleep and did the job. Would book here in the Annex part of The Chelsea again.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Angel
"Couldnt believe it!"
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Horrible!!"
If your unsure on whether to pick The Annex at The Chelsea or the The Chelsea Hotel - I recommend you pay the extra bucks and stay at THE CHELSEA. Do not stay at the Annex unless your looking for a motel/ 1star type of hotel - It's old and dirty. The actual hotel -The Chelsea is so much nicer and cleaner.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Great stay,"
From arrival to departure, the survice was exemplary. Attention to detail was displayed greatly.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Simon
"GROSS, unclean, unkempt and gross!!!"
Guests started fighting at 1:30 until 3:00. Was up the rest of the night and had a triathlon at 6. My room was unkempt, outdated - black streaks all over the wall. First appearance getting off the elevator was clear garbage bags full of garbage lined up against the wall, stained carpet and black scuff marks and streaks all over the walls of the hall - this same motif was in my room. Totally gross especially for $300. NEVER AGAIN.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
JP
"Pay more for the chelsea. Avoid the annex."
Decided to give the annex a try decided it couldn't be that bad right? WRONG! The place is everything every bad review described. Strip joint looking, dirty,old and falling apart. Gave me Chills at the icky factor. We upgraded to the regular hotel Immediately. only paid 30$ more and will only stay at the regular hotel from now on. We have stayed before and never had a complaint. Stay clear of the annex!
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
gab and john
"Would not book again."
Previous reviews are correct. This is not part of the main hotel. You walk down a long hallway to what feels like and looks like you are going to a strip joint. Neon lights and yellow dirty doors dim hallways. But when u get to the room it really isn't to bad. Yes furniture is outdated and ur balcony view is a parking lot but the bed and the pillows were very comfortable. I booked this hotel for the use of the hot tub which I never ended up getting around to using. I should have booked at the tropicana. It's the same price and much nicer.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
krysia
"Chelsea"
The hotel was great restaurant was accessible and the food was good great location for the casinos and the beach
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Sheema
"Terrible - will not recommend"
Horrible room - will never go back - the room had a smell - not clean - long line for check in - unfriendly service- the bed was uncomfortable - we had a balcony but the view was so bad we didn't even go out - peopl fighting and screaming outside didn't let us sleep
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
gabriella
"Horrible Experience!"
Gross room did not match the photos on website. Supposedly a non-smoking room had cigaret burns on all of the furniture. Even the bathroom sink. Wood furniture had terrible peeling finish. Bathroom was gross with tub fixture falling off. NO WAY could we stayed in that room. I don't know how anyone could. Ended up paying way more to stay in the Chelsea part of the hotel. That part was nice. Cannot describe how gross that first room was. NO to the Annex! Oh and the "City View" was of a garage. Lovely.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"great location"
I selected this hotel for it s location. Great. Hotel is old and needs lots of upgrading. Looks like a run down apt. biulding. Hallways are dark (ugly). Rooms look horrible...furniture extremely old and broken, carpet even worst, curtains (circus like) very old and dirty, bathroom..very small , old, dirty,...room door did not close properly,... overall this hotel was nasty...i will spread the word to all my friends and family ...not to ever consider this nasty hotel...I took pictures. I will put them in all FB and all other social media websites. I hope it goes out of business.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Oscar Perez
"The Annex was disappointing"
Valet parking was chaotic, unfriendly check in, there was an odor in the room, the toilet was not secured down and no ventilation in the bathroom so tissues and towels were damp after a shower.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Great for the pool and location. The building and bathrooms need to be redone. Not extremely clean. the beds were nice and comfy. That's about it.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Not worth it."
I have been wanting to stay at this hotel for years and I must say I was very disappointed. The common areas are very pretty. Modern 5th floor rooftop pool in the tower section of the hotel and a beautiful lobby. The Annex section of the hotel is very different!! It's like a cheap hotel connected to a nice one. The room we had didn't have a balcony, although most of the rooms do. The bathroom was tiny and outdated!! The dresser drawers didn't stay shut and I walked into them several times. A bill was slipped under the door for $30 valet parking. I had to wait in line at the front desk for 30min to have the charges removed as I did not park at the hotel. I parked at the tropicanna and saved $20 by doing so. I've always staid at the tropicanna. The next time I visit AC I will go back to the tropicanna! The trop has so much more to offer for the same exact price and a better quality room.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Katie
"expected the worse and was pleasantly surprised"
Was well worth the price we paid on hotels.com for a Saturday night. Read a lot of negative reviews, so we went in with low expectations. We were very happy with our experience. Yes, there were some wear on furniture, bathroom outdated, etc. But room and linens were clean and bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed having a balcony with a side view of ocean. Ate at "dining on 5th" for dinner and 'Tepletskys" for breakfast. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Pool areas were very nice. We usually stay at the casinos, but couldn't find a good price. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
sheri
"One of the worst hotel rooms ever"
The hotel wasn't clean, the room was old and totally outdated. The staff was very helpful and breakfast was ok.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Good location. Clean."
If you don't want to have the frenzy of the casino crowd and sounds every time you enter or exit your hotel, this is the perfect place to stay. It is just steps from the Boardwalk. We found the room to be clean and the accommodations adequate. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were fantastic. I would love to know where I could purchase some. :) We had a room near the A/C unit , so that was a bit noisy. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend thus hotel.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"never again!!!!!"
From the first minutes we were there, we were treated like second class citizens. They also use the bait and switch on you room. They show a beautiful hotel, and we were told there were no oceanfront rooms, and we would have a view of the city. Instead we were brought to an "Annex" a small room with a view of the dumpsters. Never again will I waste a penny there. I forgot no in room coffee, or ice machines we had to go to the restaurant for ice. This place failed in every way.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2014
The annex is NOT the Chelsea. The room had moldy pictures, gum stuck to the glass and a musty smell. I have staying at the Chelsea many times and enjoyed. I booked the annex expecting somewhat similar accommodations, I will never make that mistake again. I've stayed at a $40/night hojo with better conditions than this room. The staff was very nice.
"Close to the beach but not impressed"
I stay here for one night. I was excited the rooms online looked beautiful. When I got there it was $15 for pArking. $15 if I wanted to use the indoor pool. (Neither were mentioned online). The room was outdated, and looking nothing like the pictures onLine. The elevators sounded like they were going to break. I took the stairs the entire day. The bartender by the pool was the best part of my stay. So nice and friendly.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
nicole
The don't have the ice box,so bad in the summer!
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2014
Ring hi
IT WAS GOOD AND Easy .. very friendly and helpful .. check in even earlier
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
The description of the annex is very deceiving. Old is ok but the website pictures look nicer than it actually is. The air conditioner was not cool even on the lowest setting. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom floor was dirty , the carpet old and dirty .... If it wasn't so pricy it would be ok but for 600 dollars I expected a little nicer. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The restaurant had a good breakfast. Not sure of I would stay in the annex building again. The other part of the hotel is much nicer.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Scary"
The annex was dark gloomy and I thought me And my wife were In a horror movie , room 118 was right by the elevators and we heard the ringing all night ... The toilet was loose and the hallways were dRk but once we got in the room it was good comfy and we were able to kinda over look the feeling of death lol
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
brandon
The room was very very Small ... The room also had bullet holes in the wall behind the painting on the wall .. First night we stayed there the fire alarm went off at 3am for one hour straight !!! There was apparently someone smoking pot in one of the rooms me & my wife had to stand out in the lobby for one hour in our night clothes we were so very upset !!! The hotel made no apologies , no compensation , not anything !!! Just go to bed ... The only good thing about the stay Was the Bed !!!! Best bed ... Best Sleep ...
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
"Very convenient and beautiful!"
Loved every minute of it!! Such An awesome atmosphere!
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
awesome!!
It wasn't a good experience. The manager of the diner was great! But besides that the front desk people had no idea what they were doing and after checkout (after everything was paid) tried to charge me more for the room and claimed it was for "taxes" until a fellow employee told him he was wrong. Instead of a 100 dollar deposit they charged 125$ without letting me know beforehand. It's decorated nicely but the bathroom in the rooms could have been a little cleaner. I wouldn't stay again.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Tale of two hotels"
Be careful when you book here, there are two different sides to this place, we got the bad side. The old, out dated side with horrible bathroom and AC unit, worn old looking furniture and toilet paper dispenser UNDER THE SINK! Really? Who designed that? When we called on AC unit, engineering never showed. Thank God it wasn't too hot of a weekend. At least it was a stones throw from the beach and Boardwalk, but so were a few other places that were much cheaper and looked a lot newer. We wont be going back there.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Would never stay there again
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
"The Annex at the Chelsea; my stay"
For the most part, I enjoyed my stay at The Annex...the service was nice & the location was also a plus. The only thing I didn't like so much was the difference between the actual Chelsea & The Annex. Although there together, you notice a different look when u get to the Annex part of the hotel. The lights remind you of a motel.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2014
"It was booked last min. We were very happy with ht"
The hotel staff were a very helpful,room was clean and comfortable
sharon
"At least it's near the beach"
We requested a cheap hotel and we got one. It was clean with no hot water. The bed was comfortable. It definitely needs some renovations. Because of the price and its location, I would stay again.
Gigi
"Sorry I wasted my money"
We stayed in The Annex and it was not a good experience. The hallway was dark and dismal and smelled strongly of mildew. Our room smelled like mildew as well and didn't even have so much as an alarm clock. We got a "deal" on the room rate, but the price we paid was far too much for what they offer in return. Disappointed!!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
The paint was peeling in the bathroom and the soap dish was broken. The water pressure in the toilet wasn't strong enough and it clogged up. We also found a roach in our tub. The rug felt wet, it was disgusting. For some odd reason we did not have a refrigerator in our room. When I called the front desk and requested one, the front desk agent was very rude. After all I did spend almost $300 for a one night stay and a refrigerator in our room was part of the amenities. After waiting almost an hour they brought an ironing board instead of a refrigerator. This hotel is too expensive. The rooms need repairing, and the customer service is horrible.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Maria
Service at the hotel were very rude and we paid for a king bedroom and we received two queens and they were not accommodating or even interested in looking to see if we can get what we booked.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Angela Walters
"Bates Motel"
Well, since i can't post the photos i took I'll just describe the hotel and experience. The Chelsea Annex is NOTHING like the online photos. The Annex is a throwback from the 60/70s era that appears to have been a motel with outside walkways and stairs that is now attached to a some what more modern building. My room had a popcorn type ceilings, old art work, and worn furniture tops. One of the walls in my room had cracked and peeling paint.( looked like water damage) There was one ice machine for 3 floors and it was out of order. I was completely dissatisfied with this room, and when I asked to be moved to one of the newer rooms, I was told that there were no rooms availiable and that they had actually over booked. There is no way i'll ever pay to stay in this hotel again. I've had much better rooms. at cheaper hotels like Best Western, DaysInn and even Motel
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
M.Revis-Williams
This by far was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Booked this hotel last minute. Service was great, room was a little shabby and out-dated. Bathroom could've been a little cleaner. Bed was clean and neat. The lights in the room were dim, two of them didn't work. Walls were thin, could everything that went on n the halls and neighboring rooms. But it was okay if you just need a place to lay while on vacation and won't be in the room for too long.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"My room service order was NOT CORRECT!"
My name is Ms. Stephanie Marshall. I am Mr. Timothy Houff fiance. We left the TROPICANA HOTEL due to the uncleanliness of the room and the television being inoperable. But with what I had to deal with at the CHELSEA, I wonder would it have been to my advantage to just stay!!! The snacks that were provided in the room were expired. The expiration date on the food was OVER A YEAR OLD!! I brought this to their attention but nothing was said. No apology or anything! The room service that I ordered for breakfast, celebrating Timothy's birthday,(07-09)......The eggs were NOT done, when I made and wrote specific instructions as to how I wanted them prepared. I asked for extra condiments, again being VERY specific, that order was not correct either and we had to wait...yet again. I spoke with the front desk and informed them that my mom had passed away and I inquired as to whether I could get a late check-out. Due to me not feeling well and was not up to driving. I was told that I could in fact have a late check-out for 1300hrs- 1:00pm. I was also told that if I needed more time that I could call back to the front desk to see if that would be something that was available. However, during the time in which I was granted the LATE CHECK-OUT the housekeeping staff along with an (older Caucasian gentleman) continued to disturb me and repeatedly, they knocked on my door. After which time I told them that I in fact had a late check-out. Then, I telephoned the front desk again and requested additional time, for I still was not yet ready mentally or emotionally to make the trip back to Wash. D.C. I was then told that I could not get any additional time. But if I wanted to stay to at least 3:00pm, 1500hrs, then I would have to pay half the rate for that day. I told the front desk clerk that I was not able to pay that and I then asked her if I could just sit in the lobby with my belongings until such time that I felt I was in a well enough condition to drive home. She stated that I co
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Ms. Stephanie Marshall
"Me and my girls loved it!"
My 2 best friends and I loved our stay here. This hotel is adorable! The staff was spectacular! Clean and very comfortable rooms! I would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Megan
"Horrible"
This was the worst!!! The only thing nice is the pool. My bed sheet had a big nasty stain on it the sheets were smelly and the bathroom towel was dirty.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014