All hotels in Madison Heights, Michigan, United States of America
32800 Stephenson Hwy, Madison Heights, MI, 48071, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Nice place with good service.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE!"
Great stay! Extremely clean and the staff was outstanding! Would highly recommend!!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Noisy stay but nice people."
They need double pane windows because the road noise is LOUD. The people who work there are all very nice. The breakfast was fine.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Vacuuming between guests would be nice..."
The carpet was definitely not vacuumed. The room didn't smell clean and fresh. They charged $20 to my credit card for "incidentals" that I never used, $10 when I paid for 1 day of higher speed internet which cost $4.95. I just spoke to Manager named Ray and he told me to give them until Thursday (4 days from now) to allow the charges (which he says are not charges) to fall off my account. I know this, whatever they are called, they are preventing me from using my money while they use it. I am not happy. Not a lot I can do about it. The Manager obviously had no ideas of how to offer me anything else. So, I am here providing a review.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights. I apologize for the disappointment you felt with the cleanliness of the carpet, as well as the freshness of the air, in your guest room. I also apologize for the confusion and inconvenience you experienced regarding the credit card authorization procedure. Thank you for your suggestions on how to enhance the appetizing quality of our breakfast sausages. I am committed to ensuring that any future stays you have at our hotel exceed your expectations. Sincerely, Peter Spencer Guest Relations Manager Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights 248-588-3388
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Grandmother
"Good rate for a Weekend stay night."
Rate was not too high. Plus it had breakfast and pool included. Only thing we didn't really like was to comfort of the bed. Had minor back pains in the morning.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Very close to Interstate"
Stayed one night, close to Interstate, food and shopping. Clean, well maintained, little dated in some areas. Breakfast was very good with hot and cold food, in a roomy location. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"hotel"
ok
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
We do appreciate you talking the time to complete the survey and letting us know about your experience during your recent stay, your feedback will help us improve on the quality of service we have to provide and hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
fairfield
"Fairfield Inn"
The quality of service was excellent. The staff was very nice as always. We stay here once a year during Arts, Beats and Eats because we work there during Labor Day week-end. We requested a room in a particular location early in the week but did not get what we requested. That wasn't a big deal considering it was a busy week-end in the area. However I was a bit disappointed with the cleanliness of the hotel this year. There was sticky stuff on the light switches in the bathroom, cup rings on the desk that I wiped up, brown stuff on the shower wall and the beds are starting to show a lot of sagging wear. I hope it isn't going to decline as we really usually enjoy our stay there.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
It was great as usual
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"It was average!!!!!"
Nothing more or nothing less.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Jerry Riley
"Great Bargain"
Service was great. Room was clean. No complaints :)
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
Shaela
"Outside entry - bottom two floors"
I travel a lot and I have to admit, I have never stayed at a Fairfield Inn with outside entry ways. They were happy to accommodate my visit with a 3rd floor room, but I got a different kind of room with less amenities. On another note, they provide a dinner buffet between 5-7 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I happened to get there during the tail end of it and only pasta salad was available, but appreciated.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
"Fluctuation in pricing"
I stayed for 6 nights at this hotel and it was pleasant. Good location Nice common areas Great breakfast Nice supper, I stumbled across by accident . The rooms were nice , clean and comfortable . A little dated. The carpet in the the hotel could use a changing. The hall carpet on the third floor had holes in it. It looked dirty. The front desk was friendly enough but was ill informed about about prices per night. I moved rooms once and wished I hadn't . The rooms by the exits are very loud with slamming doors. Overall the hotel served my purposes. Easy in and easy out. Nice pool and outdoor shower.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Patty
"ok but needs work"
The pool was closed the first night there because of bacteria, and then there was so much dust in our room my allergies were horrible. They did not come clean our room we stayed 2 days and expect that they would make the beds and clean towels.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Patsy
"good value"
Small but very nice room (single king bed w/small microwave, mini fridge). Decent selection of tv/cable/sat channels on a flat screen tv. Wifi was ok but you're only allowed to connect 2 devices per room for free so my husband, my son and I couldn't all use our devices at once. The room, the pool and premises were all clean. The heated, outdoor pool had great hours - 7am to 11pm! The breakfast was nothing to write home about but there are restaurants within walking distance as well as a short driving distance. Also conveniently right off the highway. They even had room to park our 16' box truck. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
moe.kinako
"nice hotel"
Nice hotel, easy to get to
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2014
"all good"
all good
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, your comments will be used in our regular meeting and will help us improve the quality of service we have to offer. We hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2014
"Very small"
The room was so small, very suffocating. We basically just used that hotel to sleep. We were always out because there was nothing to really do at the hotel, and breakfast was so early in the morning we had no choice but to find somewhere to eat. I really wish they had bigger rooms. Make our stay much better. Also i had a question about something and i had to get a drink anyways, so i went downstairs to front desk and i was waiting there for a long time, i literally could hear the workers talking in the back. I was annoyed so i just walked away and called them. If you are traveling alone, this place would be good for you, but the more people, it's not worth it.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review, your comment is appreciated and your concerns will be addressed to help better improve the service we have to offer.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Anonymous
"Walls, floors, and ceilings are paper thin."
We were kept up until 3 AM by noise. The breakfast was very poor, eggs were cold, meat was a ?. I had a roll, and it was still frozen. Never again!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great I would definately stay there again"
Check- in clerk was super friendly! Breakfast was more than I expected. I generally get a sorry to eat continental breakfast of dried toast and everything carb that I generally don't eat. I stopped in before I had to leave for breakfast and to my surprise, EGGS SAUSAGE and other goodies. It was pretty packed in there. However most of the people eating were very friendly. So plan to share a table if you come late like I did, and move fast when they bring out food. They don't put out a lot of hot food at one time, which I understand is to keep costs down, but be prepared for the weekend rush, lol. There were a lot of hungry kids there. The rooms were much better than I expected (compared to where I had stayed the night before and also cheaper) Definitely stay there again should I be in the area :)
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
C
Need more variety for breakfast
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Leanne
"Nice property, close to Chrysler & Palace!"
We were concerned when we pulled into the parking lot and saw that all rooms had an outside entrance. But we were pleasantly surprised on how safe we felt and secure the hotel was. The rooms were very sound proof from wall to wall, but they forgot to sound proof the ceiling! Heard everything upstairs! The breakfast was good but very picked over when we got there at 9am , they were open until 10. They didn't move very fast in replenishing everything, and only one person working so tables dirty also. Our suite was clean and very nice.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Denise
"Not quite as nice as expected"
We chose an outside room and did not see inside rooms. We felt it was quite overpriced for what we got. The room was quite small, the shower head fell off but was easy to put back on. The breakfast was very good and there were many choices which was good. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, comments and feedback from our guest help us improve the service and amenities we have to offer when an opportunity presents itself. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Like two different rooms"
We stayed for three nights. The first night was on the first floor. The room was small and had an odor and people were smoking outside our door. All night people on the second floor were walking around keeping me away. We asked to move to the top floor and they gladly accommodated us. On the 3rd floor it was totally different. There was a little more room, it didn't smell, it was bright we didn't hear people. If you stay here...stay on the top floor.
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
"Professor"
The Hospitality and assistance of Peter and the lady from Syria at the front desk was excellent. The quality of the breakfast and dinner buffet was also very good. The assistance of Heriberto for troubleshooting maintenace issues is also acknowledged.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
Benjamín Colucci
"Affordable price, good quality"
I was very pleased with how clean and comfortable the room was. The price was very affordable. I will definitely return.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Frugal & Picky
"Not bad."
Reasonable rate for a reasonable hotel. A littlte dated but clean and convenient.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Thank you for talking the time to complete the survey and letting us know about your experiaence.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Fred
"I guess it is still Detroit..."
Bed was pretty uncomfortable and needing replaced. The hotel itself seems pretty run down, but still pretty clean. Just was not impressed with this being a Marriott property. I expect more from them, I suppose.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
Roger
"I'll come back!"
Reasonable rates, courteous staff, room was sufficient in size. Bed was comfortable and surroundings were quiet for sleeping.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Terry
Nice hotel. Delicious breakfast. Awesome waffle maker.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Clean room and economical, but noisy location"
The room was clean, service was very friendly, breakfast was decent. However, the walls were paper thin and this location was near a busy street, so I didn't sleep very well.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
We do appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey and letting us know about your experience, your comments will help us improve on the service we have to offer and hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Grali
"personal"
good, I had a pleasent stay. I liked that the hotle was close to food and the shopping mall
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Julia
conveniently located for where we wanted to visit.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Good place to stay for a visit to Detroit"
The hotel is welcoming, the breakfast plentiful and the overall condition is good. There was a slight mold smell in my room that I could not trace - it was not in the bathroom but over in a corner near the window. This decreased the enjoyment of my stay. Alas. I can only surmise that the other rooms do not have this problem.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
"Small"
The hotel and rooms especially were very small/compact that's fine ,but in the pics they appear larger, I asked for extra towels I was told I I had some and was only able to get a certain amount!
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
I appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey and letting us know about your experience, allowing us the opportunity to improve on the quality and service we have to offer. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Ledra
"Centrally located to many city events"
The front desk was attentive and helpful. The breakfast was good. The varieties of food was satisfying. But best of all was the lady who cleaned our rooms. She was terrific! The carpet in our room needs to be upgraded.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Gee
"Near our destination"
It was an average stay for this hotel.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
I really enjoyed my stay, breakfast was great. Very clean.
3 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
"Fairfield can do better!"
Quite an average hotel. Forgetable!
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Thank you for taking the time to survey our hotel, we look forward to serving you again in the future.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Better Than Expected"
Reading previous reviews I wasn't expecting 5 star. However after staying here I have to rate this an overall perfect stay. The hot breakfast bar was good and price for our stay was excellent. I will stay again!!
2 night family trip May 23, 2014
Ryan
"Great Eapecially for the Price"
Great service, clean, quiet, the location is great there is tons of shopping and restraunts near, and continental breakfast in the morning was good. The only thing was there was some construction in the parking lot so if they are working I'm sure it gets noisy.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Ali
Enjoyed the stay and would recommend this hotel. The rate we received was excellent.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Not a real Fairfield Inn"
This is an old Motel 6 or something like it that has been converted to a Fairfield Inn. It's a dump an I would never stay here again. I suspect a lot of business guys just like me pulled up and thought "what the @@@". Nice staff, free breakfast and the Marriott name cannot overcome a crummy, noisy hotel that looks like it belongs next to a truck stop.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible. Whenever we receive a review that indicates an opportunity to improve, we would love to know more about the situation in order to better meet your needs in the future. We hope that you will stay with us again.
2 night business trip May 20, 2014
Doug
"RED roof royal oak"
We wanted a place close to royal oak. This worked out well. Breakfast was beyond expectations!
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Ben
"Great Service"
Will definitely use again. Service was great staff very friendly. Very comfortable and clean. Friendly staff.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
Marianne
"A good overnight stay"
The beds were very comfy, the service was good, the set up of the rooms aren't the best but overall it was a good stay.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott Detroit Troy/Madison Heights
Thank you for your response and giving us the chance to serve you, hope to see you again in the near future.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Tanya
"Excellent value"
This our second stay, renting a jacuzzi room each time. Immaculately clean. Breakfast was typical with an exception, a few warm dishes, eggs and sausage. They even hsve an included dinner three nights a week. We'll be back again.
3 night trip May 5, 2014
P. Ingber
"staff very friendly and nice!"
I was pleased with your facility - we typically stay in higher end hotels and your hotel was everything we needed. The staff was helpful, kind, and breakfast was very good. The gal even let us get food after the 10 a.m. cut off time. I will return when in the area. Thank you. Darcie
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Darcie Pickren
"Close to family i was visiting!"
First & second night was fine but the third day we didn't have any hand towels or washcloths, we only had maid clean one time while we were there because we didn't need anything till the 3rd. day & it didn't look like she cleaned sink, bed was made but didn't look like clean sheets etc. & she didn't leave any washcloths or hand towels so we just used the big towels since that is all we had. Breakfast was too early except on the Sunday we left & it was a very nice breakfast.
3 night trip May 1, 2014
Marietta Varboncoeur
"Leisure wedding weekend stay"
From the minute we arrived from a 10 hour drive, we were greeted by a very warm welcome. Being I'm the hotel management business myself for one of the largest global chains, I was impressed by the level of service I received. Cleanliness and friendliness was spot on and this will be my new destination while in the Detroit area. Great staff and well kept hotel is the best way I can describe this hotel.
Other trip May 6, 2014