All hotels in Dayton, Ohio, United States of America
7070 Poe Ave, Dayton, OH, 45414, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Big suites"
For a quick trip. Very nice staff. I didnt know the value of Hawthorn suites. I will consider them for my future travels.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Todd
"Generally good deal"
Internet access doesn't work in rear buildings
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
The employees were great couldn't ask for more. Breakfast was a delight with hot protein and cold entrées. Our room had the best bed and a superb pull out couch that ever encountered in a motel/hotel. The room a large studio suite which was great but the hotel was very old and it needed a lot of repair, upkeep and exchange of furniture and rugs etc.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Duane
"Bed had plywood board between mattress and springs"
Everything was very warn out. Slept very bad because of mattress. The whole place needs a new make over very bad.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great location but could be cleaner!"
Although the complex was nice and had a feeling of home, the cleanliness of the room was horrible! The sofa sleeper had numerous stains and a variety of hairs throughout! Thank goodness I packed an air mattress. Otherwise, my son would not have had anywhere to sleep! The sofa was so disgusting that no one wanted to even sit on it, let alone sleep on it! They are also stingy with towels. There were only two washcloths and hand towels even though the room had a capacity of for people. In addition to more towels and closer attention to cleaning details, I also recommend adding a garbage can for the kitchen. No one wants to throw food garbage in the bathroom trash can.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Soccer Mom
"Convenient stop"
Needed a mid point stop from Alabama to New York State and Dayton area had the best prices. Room was a studio: kitchen with microwave, stove top, dishwasher, and dinnerware. Small sitting area and comfortable queen bed. Bathroom was for handicapped, so had a roll-in shower. Some peeling paint, but in general, clean. Nothing fancy, but good for an overnight. Free breakfast had variety, and lots of good teas.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Reasonably nice"
Layout of hotel is odd, we had to walk a long way from parking lot to our room in the rain. Mattress on the bed needed replaced, but the rest of the room was nice. Definitely someplace I would stay if I was going to be in town for a few days with the kitchen, couch, and desk.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
matt
"Nice people but requires a refresh"
Delightful staff and genuinely helpful. The room itself is problematic. Put simply, it has not been kept up. We had to replace the bed sheet and the toilet was plugged when we arrived. On the positive side, the bathroom is large and conveniently laid out. The walls of the suite needed painting and repair. The breakfast was good and even commendable with a fine supply of fresh fruit.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Not the best"
The hotel is old, a bit tattered and the room was not real clean. The carpet is old and it had the worst mattress my wife and I have ever slept on... ever. (that should be easy to fix, right - it is a hotel after all). We were not too impressed and would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Five night stay"
Bed was OK but too soft. Couch was poor. Suite was roomy and had what was needed. We had issues with quest above first and last night there. Water was leaking in our bathroom ceiling due to overflow from above. Night clerk as addressed in a timely manor. Last night there was a bachlorettw p as rt above with at least twenty people. Very loud and unable to sleep. It took three calks and three and a half hours for management to break up the affair. They had to call police and have them escorted off of the property
5 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Hamilron
"Close to shopping center and eateries."
Big spacious room. Just wish the carpet would be new or cleaned, it made the room too dark and look a bit dingy.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Maria
We enjoyed our brief stay... hotel was a bit hard to locate...right on freeway, but needed better directions. Also the room was on the second floor in the rear...not convenient for anyone with physical limitations. Breakfast was way better than average.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Phil
"Lots of hotel for the money"
This hotel is a great value if you need a lot of room and a full kitchen. That said, the area didn't feel very safe and it seems like some people live there permanently. I'd recommend it but with reservations.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Nice Place Located conveniently out ot the way"
Very Good. The hotel is conveniently located, but away from the hustle and bustle.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"If it weren't so late, we would have left"
The facility needs to be remodeled terribly. Light switches were filthy. Appliances were very old. The carpets were filthy and worn. Bubbling dry wall and many repairs needed to the walls. The exterior stairs showed many signs of rot and need of repair.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Clean room. Nice staff. Wwifi woked well. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
DavisS
"Close to 70"
Clean, quiet, friendly staff they maintained the property.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Wouldn't stay again"
I booked this hotel bc it was a good price. When we pulled up the outside is very run down and falling apart. The room was also very outdated and needed some major touch ups. The "couch" wasn't even suitable for sitting on. I will deff pay more money for a better hotel.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Abby
"Meh"
The rooms really need updated. Stopped for the night before reaching our final destination. The family in the room above us were loud and running back and forth; and we heard EVERY footstep.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Carla
"Nice hotel with big rooms"
Our room was clean & inviting when we arrived. Love how big the room was & there was plenty of space! The little decks were nice but they were little indeed. Overall, we loved our stay; no complaints.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Jake
"clean, friendly staff"
we stayed 2 nights while visiting he Air Force museum. The room was clean, free breakfast was good and the staff was friendly when I needed towels. We would stay there again...was definitely worth the money!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
cathy
"Good for a one night stay."
Staff was friendly and polite. Always available and accomodating. The room was nice since it had a small kitchen for food - it was what I expected for a hotel close to the highway and near the Dayton airport. I recommend the hotel for a one to two night stay. There's really not much locally to keep you there for longer. I did have an issue with the sheets, but the staff was great in remedying the problem quickly.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"very disappointed"
the room was ok but the bed was made sloppy, the guests we saw when pulling up to the hotel were quite questionable and if it were not so late would have left. the set up of the suite was nice. I was charged an extra $10.00 on my card which I do not know why. I do not advise women traveling alone to stay here.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
disappointed
"Close to the Airport"
Stayed two night with my kids before they left to go stay with their Dad for the summer. Pool was nice. Breakfast was great. Bed was comfortable. Quiet at night, freeway is close by, but not a lot of freeway noise. It also has a kitchen and is close to Wal-Mart which allowed me to provide food for the kids without breaking the budget. Hotel seems to be a little old and needs some updated but overall affordable and great staff. I have stayed twice now and will return.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Missy
"Clean and much more than expected"
I was really impressed with the room. It was big and the kitchen was like an Apartment kitchen. I only stayed one night but next time will try and stay longer. The staff seemed nice but hard to find. The refrigerator was not making ice and the freezer wasn't even freezing anything. We asked fire ice at the front desk and got a little attitude about it.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2014
"Adequate"
We were looking for inexpensive lodging for two nights for a visit to the Air Force Museum and other sites in the Dayton area. This motel fit the bill. Next time I will spend more for something better.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"OK for the Price"
The good - the room is clean, although in need of renovation. Location is convenient to restaurants, shopping and the Air Force Museum. The front desk clerk was terrific. Two bad experiences with staff. Despite our "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, housekeeping rapped loudly, waking us. When I pointed to the sign, she smiled and said "I just wanted to deliver these towels!". Then, I went to breakfast, just as it was ending. The server was taking trays of food away from me right under my nose. Very odd. There is a pool, which is a little run down, and a common-use propane grill that was absolutely filthy. Wireless internet is very slow.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Spacious rooms with great amenities; dated facility that could use some sprucing up; staff was helpful; breakfast was good; overall very happy with the room and stay; good value
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"OLDER, BUT CLEAN AND MANY AMENITIES"
Rooms were clean, one King and one Queen in loft, 2 baths, 3 TVs. Good location to airport.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
JANET
"Overnight stay"
Choose hotel based on location near highway on our way to another destination and information online. Stay was okay; had a little "oops" with given a room that was occupied; thus changing rooms was necessary placing us in the back. Staff was nice, apologetic and made changes quickly. The second room needs updates and replacements for shower hardware, carpet, and decor. Stains present on pull-out bed so had youth sleep in bed all together. Nice breakfast.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
Midwest Travellers
"Front Desk"
We arrived to the hotel around 3:00am and there wasn't anybody at the front desk. We rang the door bell and it took around 10 minutes until somebody from the hotel showed up and finally checked us in.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
"Mixed Feelings"
The hotel was close to the concert venue we were attending. Upon checking in the attendant was very nice but he got so caught up talking to us about the concert we were going to that he forgot to mention you have to request the housekeepers on the weekends, they don't come on weekends unless requested. This was not a big problem until we came back Saturday night after a long day after the festival and had no clean towels and when we asked for them we were told they didn't have enough for us-gave us two towels and a severe attitude and was just plain rude. Other than that one particulars attitude the hotel was very nice. The breakfast was fantastic and the rooms was clean, a bit outdated, but honestly we just needed somewhere to sleep and shower so it worked perfectly. The pool was pristine and the maintenance man was very polite. I would stay again. I would just make sure I have all the details when I get there.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Crystal
"Hawthorn Suites"
Clean. Comfortable. Perfectly priced. I will stay here the next time.
1 night business trip May 18, 2014
LaDawn
"Hawthorne Suites in Dayton"
Overall a very good experience. Took me aout 20 minutes to find my room; not enough signage, and a map form the clerk would've helped. . Not one trash can seemed odd. Couth too small, uncomfortable. Pillows too small, too soft.
Other trip May 22, 2014
Glenn
They need to remodel
1 night trip May 13, 2014
"Not that great"
A bit musty
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Big room, comfortable bed with a lot of pillows, huge bathroom. The water in the shower was tricky to regulate the temperature. Very nice overall though. Big breakfast available in the morning
1 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Quiet and homey"
A bit dated, but comfortable and roomy. Even had a fireplace. Only real complaint was the saggy pull-out sofa bed. Lots of restaurants nearby.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Kris
"Helpfulness"
The room I stayed in, had no heat. There was a cold snap that night and I tried to put the heat on. After going thru the thermostat several times and waiting for the heat to kick in, I called the front desk. The young lady was very apologetic, offered to move me but there were no other rooms available. She was unsure of how to operate the thermostat and offered nothing else at that point. Needless to say, it was very cold for me, it took longer than I anticipated to get there So I was a late check in, and I was exhausted. Changing hotels when I just wanted to sleep was not an option. I had to sleep in socks, pants, a sweater, and my jacket under the covers to stay warm. There were no extra blankets in the room and I wasn't offered any. The next day I slept in since I did not get much sleep the night before. Later that afternoon, I contacted the front desk. Maintenance came and checked out the system. Found that it was broken. He went to see about moving me. The hotel was still booked. He was kind enough to bring me a space heater which made the room much more bearable for the night time hours. Upon check out the next day I proceeded to inform the front desk of the issues when a lady asked me what room it was, I am assuming she was the hotel manager, I wasn't offered an apology, the opportunity to speak to the manager or any type of discount for what I had to endure. I shouldn't have to demand or show my butt to get good customer service and or some compensation for the inconvenience. The over all room cleanliness was fine. For the price, I had all the amenities I would need if I decided to stay in and cook, etc... check in/ check out and maintenance staff was very friendly, and I loved the welcome card on my pillow (Ms. Diane you did great!). I would still recommend staying here despite the heater issue. It could have happened in any room, it just happened to be mine. Attn hotel manager, train your staff better for such late night inconveniences. That message should
2 night trip May 1, 2014
Driver
hotel was fine, room all clean and in operating order
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Nice overnite stay!"
Nice big room, clean and good customer service. Breakfast had many choices and was pretty good.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Trent
"was ok"
This looks almost like apartment's building, nothing special about it. room was clean somehow. Probably it will be better for a week stay.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
VA Traverller
"great value"
We had just a one night stay between destinations. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was large and yummy. Service was friendly. Great value for the money.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2014
"Sleepless in Dayton"
Bed was the worst I've slept in in years! Thin mattress caused me to keep rolling into the center and colliding with my wife. Ordinarily, that would be cool, but when you've been on the road for 14 hours all you want is a good night's sleep. Also, it took over 10 minutes for the hot (warm) water to start running in the shower. I really didn't need to take a cold shower in the morning.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Bo
"easy access"
Bed very uncomfortable, soft in the middle with very stiff edges.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
SW
Room was clean. Bathtub needs non-stick mat, very slippery. Thermostat does not control temperature well. Overall pretty good.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
The layout of the room was functional and very similar to other long term hotels of high price. However the maintenance of the room left a lot lacking. The shower plug in the tub spout would not fully engage. The bed was very worn and needed to be replaced. Cleaning crew vacuumed the main walk ways very well but they did not get the corners of the room. Nor the along the walls.
3 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
"Pretty darn nice"
I was surprised when I opened-up a large, well-appointed suite with a couch, fireplace, full kitchen, 2 closets, and more. Was just looking for a place to lay my head for the night but felt I got more than I paid for.
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
Paul P
"For the rate, this hotel is fantastic"
Maybe because it's also an extended stay hotel, but this hotel is fantastic. Our room included a couch and a full kitchen. Only complaints were that some of the things needed maintenance, like the closet door, but for the rate this hotel is well worth it. Would totally live here if I could.
1 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2014
"Nice surprise"
You can get surprised as you stay in different hotels, but this was a pleasant one. No problems-good value. Would stay here again. Room was clean and bed comfy.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014