All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1160 North Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90029, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great service"
Beds were very comfortable and the chef was amazingly fast and very friendly we are most definitely returning back to stay
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Russell
"Great place to stay for the price."
3 nights & could not have asked for more for the price. Loved the facility-clean, pleasant, quiet. But the worst thing is food. The food was always the same and not very inventive. Worm food only: scrambled eggs or omelette + sausages (bad looking)... All in all I rate it good for the price. Thanks for staff!
3 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Mindaugas
"Enjoyable stay"
Good stay. Great breakfast bar with chef. Can't beat it.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Marisol
"Hollywood Hotel"
Great Breakfast service.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Just Okay"
We stay in this hotel for four days. Normal service and most expensive parking fee(there is actually some much cheaper parking lot along the street but they didn't let me know when I check in). Very satisfy with its breakfast. Lots of choice and good quality. But the neighborhood around looks unsafe.
4 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
Zheng
"A Mixed Experience"
The room was very clean and comfortable. However, of the six showers I took while staying there, only two were hot. The others were lukewarm. I reported the problem to the front desk, but there was no improvement. The location of the hotel is very convenient, only a block from the Metro. The only problem is that Vermont is a busy street, and there are sirens all day and night. Definitely a mixed experience.
6 night trip Apr 15, 2015
"Dirty Hotel"
This a really dirty Hotel and real bad service.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"No the best"
The toilet was leaking, we always had dirty towels, I would not recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Maria
"Very nice!"
Lovely and well appointed and spacious room! Just needs another mirror in the bedroom area. One in the bathroom is not enough. Pretty pool area and comfy lounges!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Hollywood Hotel review"
The hotel is conveniently located if you plan to sightsee in the Hollywood area. The staff was nice. I didn't see staff cleaning off tables after families ate & left the dining room. Good choices were good for breakfast. Wish the pool could've stayed open a little later for the kids.
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Meredith A.
"Thank Goodness We Were Only There for One Night"
For the price we paid, the hotel was AWFUL!! Cracks in the ceiling, damages all over the walls, BROKEN beds, poorly constructed room, etc. etc. I've never been in such a hotel where I'm paying over $150 and had such a TERRIBLE nights stay. One thing after the other was wrong with this hotel. It opened in 1903 and it seems like they have tried to stay away from upgrades. If you're going to price your hotel for the amount you are, you should really keep it at least to a standard quality hotel. The nicest area was in the breakfast section. I would have rather slept down there and paid the price I did. I will make sure to NEVER go back to this hotel again and make sure my friends know to never stay there.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
"May think twice on repeat stay."
Family trip to Hollywood Studios for spring break. Location is a little iffy, wouldn't feel comfortable walking around at night. Rooms are decent size, but need a bit more attention to detail when it comes to cleanliness. Several dust balls fell from the bathroom ceiling vent. Also, be aware of the $20+tax parking fee per day. As a frequent traveller on business still not use to a parking fee on a daily basis. You do have in & out priviledge. That being said, your vehicle is behind locked gates with a 24-hour on duty staff. When the front desk was asked, the response I received was, "you can park it outside and have a big chance of your vehicle broken into, if you don't want to pay."
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
FRANKLIN
"Great Oasis"
I had a 2-day layover after a long flight from New Zealand and needed a place to relax and unwind. It didn't seem like a very safe area but the parking lot was fenced and very secure and I felt very safe within the grounds of the hotel. The pool area was fantastic and I could have spent all day there. It is conveniently located to downtown and lots of tourist attractions. The complimentary breakfast was very good with fresh-cooked eggs and waffles. My room faced out to the central courtyard which was very tranquil. Request one of these rooms if you can. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Mar 30, 2015
"Staying with discomfort."
We stayed a room that had a bathroom with out a bath tub. There was just a standing shower. I was with my family and it was so embarrassing for me. I had never thought that there had been a hotel room with out bath tub.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
mohammad
"Stop charging for parking!"
Stayed here while my townhouse was being fumigated. The room was average. I understand the feel they're trying to go with, but I don't like walking on vinyl tile unless it's in the supermarket or a kitchen. Employees were nice, I especially liked Chef Hugo and his staff. Great omelettes. The primary reason I will book a room elsewhere? The $24.00 per night parking fee! A parking fee for customers??
2 night trip Mar 23, 2015
"Hello Hollywood"
Hotel was a little out of the way for an LA business trip but would be a possible future stay if looking at hotels in the area. Cab waiting time could be a little shorter.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Great service"
The service was excellent; between the front desk, the store, and the breakfast crews, everyone was very pleasant. The pool was not heated and the outlets were crummy but the visit was overall enjoyable.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Natalie
"Exactly how it was shown. B++"
Great breakfast, and the rooms were updated and clean but just a tad on the smaller side. Would stay here again.
4 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Brandon
"I would not recommend this hotel."
The bed was very uncomfortable, Too hard. Our reservation was for a room with a balcony. We called before arrive to confirm our balcony reservation and were told that it was in order. Upon arrival they were unable to provide a room with a balcony. The section of Hollywood where the hotel is located is run down and unsafe. The gate to secure the parking lot was broken and was left wide open, which made me uncomfortable to such a questionable neighborhood.
2 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Don't miss breakfast"
Centrally located, affordable and while not luxurious just right for the money. Too often when breakfast is included it's a few stale pieces of bread and some fruit, but not here. They offer eggs, waffles, potatoes and sausage, all types of toaste, fresh fruit and maybe 8 types of cereal.
7 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"To expensive"
Wonderful place...
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Upscale for the price!"
we came down as group for a weekend stay... we were pleased with everything. I've seen reviews with people complaining about the various stages of upgrade but all the rooms we had were great,a touch small but very clean and nice. Upscale for the price. Close to many of the things L.A. has to offer. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking price wasn't that bad and secure as well as convenient. The breakfast was very good and the Omelet Chef, as busy as he was, maintained a smile and did a great job. I WILL stay here again!
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Rudest hotel staff"
Wanted to give the hotel 0 stars but it won't let me. This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. I booked this hotel for a few employees that I had in town. They were going to stay a week there. The morning after check in the hotel staff confused reservations and told my employees that they were suppose to check out and that they would be sited for trespassing if they didn't leave. The hotel supervisor was very rude about the mistake though she gave a fake polite apology while she was rolling her eyes. I was so disappointed with the experience and embarrassed as to how my employees were treated, I took them all out of the hotel and booked somewhere else. WOULD NEVER BOOK HERE AGAIN EVEN IF IT WAS THE LAST PLACE AVAILABLE!
6 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan
"Nice property, good service."
A nice place. Maybe a little pricey for a small room with screw holes in the wallpaper and a balcony that was literally on the very edge of the drive up. The property is nice.. And clean. Parking seems a bit expensive. I like that the whole facility is non smoking. The breakfast was incuded, but just average. Breakfast potatoes are tater tots in a steamer tray... Not exciting or appetizing.
2 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach and hollywood TCL"
Hotel is not bed but about parking...I don't understand because I found the hotel guests, but the parking fee. this realy bed...
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Staff checking us in was pleasant. Room 204 was extremely noisy! Bring earplugs. Food at breakfast was submarginal, but the staff at breakfast was great! Room was run down and we were asked to hang our towels if we did not want new ones to help conserve water during the drought, but when we hung towels housekeeping just kept giving us new ones??
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Shawn
"Hotel is fine"
The hotel is refurbished and is fine. I could never get connected to the internet. Also, I had a business meeting before going into work and I was lectured on how I could not bring my breakfast food to my room. I had done it the day before and brought the dishes back down. That was my third trip in 3 week and the first time I've had that problem.
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Would return."
Breakfast buffet was excellent. Staff was very accommodating. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Pool and sitting areas were very nice. FREE Wifi never worked for us--was told it was "spotty" but we never found "the spot." Parking was pricey, but felt safe in fenced lot.
3 night family trip Feb 10, 2015
debbie
"Scarey neighborhood"
Ok, stay but nothing special. Bad neighborhood and no places close to have a meal.
4 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Cynthia
Really nice hotel in an "okay" area near WeHo and other great areas. The parking at the hotel is like $25 a day, which is outrageous. If you are like is and will be gone most of the day, use street parking with the meters. Just $1 an hour and not enforced overnight. We could always find a spot. Don't get tricked into paying hundreds to park at your own hotel. Other than this, the hotel was very nice with an excellent breakfast.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Cliff
"The spot of the breakfast was great."
I didn't like the room. It was to small for my family. One thing that i liked was the breakfast.
6 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Abdullah
"Great value and some Hollywood nostalgia."
The staff were lovely to us. We enjoyed the courtyard and the bed was comfortable. The room was a bit cramped but satisfactory overall. The bath & amenities were very nice, as was the complimentary breakfast. I felt a bit unsure about the security of the rooms, due to the disclaimer we signed upon registration, but our things remained undisturbed. I would definitely choose this hotel again for the price and ease of reaching our destinations around the city. Thank you!
1 night trip with friends Feb 2, 2015
Judith
"Deceiving pictures/ horrible staff/ parking fees"
Be aware of the parking-yellow slip regulations. Checked in around 1am and was misinformed of time when parking ended/started. When I spoke with front desk during check out, the gal raised her voice and rolled her eyes when I explained to her I was told differently. Rooms were ok but blow dryer had make up or self tanner all over it. The refrigerater was leaking water and had to get switched out. Old, poor service, 1st & last time I'll be staying there.
4 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"So-so"
When I called and asked, someone at the hotel told me that it was a 4-stay hotel. It is not. It is a bit run down. The hotel staff generally give a negative attitude towards the clients as if you're bothering them. Nonetheless, the hotel did have all the amenities needed and the free breakfast is quite good. For the money, I am satisfied but not eager to return.
8 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"My Stay"
The hotel was centrally located, and was affordable when compared to those closer to Sunset or Hollywood Blvd. The facilities are a little dated, but shows the character of a hotel built in 1903. From the marble floors in the lobby to the grandeur of the entry from the secured parking area. I will stay there again, it is very close to the 101 freeway for ease of access, and within minutes of major tourist areas.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Timothy
"Disappointment"
Ants in room all week. Lived out of suitcase. Hall carpets worn and dirty. Gaps between walls and tub tile. Beds way too high and hard. Safety of area iffy, inside hotel fine. Parking area ticket box too recessed and close to gate for easy access. Book elsewhere.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Eljay
"noisy small roomed hotel, not a great area"
The only redeeming quality was Jermaine front desk who checked me in 10 early before 3:00pm. I came at 2:30pm and spoke to manager because I wanted to cancel room because of bad area , he said I could not , already paid for. Several employees chatting while Jermaine helping a guest check in, thej Jermaine helped me, printed me a map and local movie theater schedule. The breakfast was OK, nothing specil, but breakfast staff very helpful to me, I am disabled and hard to carry plate to table and not many tables available for eating near buffett. This hotel near three hospiatls and sirens go all night, no double pane windows, bring ear plugs. Also during day starting at 9:am they are doing noisy work on hotel grounds. I would never stay here again, and do not recommend to my enemies.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Gina
"Poor service and dirty?"
We used to love it here (we stay so much we may as well have a time share there) but there has been long black hairs all over the sheets and room too man y times. The toilet backed up (with someone else's stuff--could it get grosser?) and took 12+ hours to be dealt with. It seemed the service was horrible because my 21 year old sister was the adult for my 14 year old and apparently they don't treat young people seriously as a customer (I would have expected a new room after the poop came up the toilet). I have spent a lot of money there over the years but not again.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
T
"Nice stay away from home."
Very nice. good breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Brooklyn, NY"
Nicely decorated hotel in East Hollywood, right on the border of Los Feliz and Silverlake, that doesn't coast on the fact that it's basically the only place to stay in the best part of town.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Hollywood Boulevard"
Would stay there again. Within walking distance to Hollywood BLVD. Nice pool & sauna. Excellent complimentary breakfast (omettes cooked to order, etc). Nice staff!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Hanna
The advertisement looks nice, but it is really not so nice at all.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"no slippers"
Cheap price, relatively clean and comfortable place, with breakfast, close to subway. Cons: no slippers, room's somewhat noisy in the evening
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
shawn
"Good for the price"
My girlfriend referred to it as a "cute" hotel. The room was clean, but a little small. The reason for the rating was the bathroom needed updating. No issues at all. Pretty good for the price in the area.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Nice hotel, pretty good location."
Hotel is super nice. Loved the breakfast! Only thing was, the shower still looked a little dirty with some residue and a few hairs. Didn't bother me. I'm always assuming I'll run into something like that at a hotel, so I just laid out a towel on the bottom to stand on and all was good. The parking was also great. Gated with a security overnight so I felt safe, unlike other Hotels in hollywood I've stayed in with an all-access parking lot with bums walking in and out of the parking lot. Your car is safer here.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Decent Stay"
the staff was friendly at check-in. THE UPSIDES: The room was clean, with a balcony, beds weren't really squeaky, and stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries in the bathroom. Our check-in included free breakfast buffet downstairs (open 630a-1030a) THE DOWNSIDES: We saw a few ants crawling on the baseboard behind the television. We went down o the lobby on our way out to let them know and they said they would take care of it. When we got back to the room the ants were gone, but you could definitely smell the lingering ant spray for the rest of the night, which gave me a bit of a headache. There is a designated parking lot right behind the hotel, however, the cost is 22.00/night to use the parking lot. They ask you to add the charges to the length of your stay ahead of time. Otherwise you have to find street parking nearby (which most spots are metered). We parked on metered spots right next to the parking lot. Had no issues.
4 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2015
"excellent except parking"
Great breakfast..comfortable bed..nice staff. Only one complaint, parking fee $22 per day! Way too much...43 minutes from LAX. Enjoy!
2 night trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice stay for the money."
The reviews were pretty accurate here. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is nice, but the place is kind of mid-renovation. The hodgepodge of floor coverings in hallways and furniture in the room seems off-putting, but really, that's just cosmetic. We had a pleasant stay for the money. Some reviews said the neighborhood was not great, but we felt safe walking 10-15 minutes to Silver Lake.
3 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"Reasonable price."
Good breakfast. Close to metro station. Close to universal studios.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Sara
"HOLLYWOOD!!!"
The stay at this hotel was good. Got a single queen room and was perfect size for just a stay. The hallway carpets were tearing up though it looked as if they maybe transitioning over to hard floors with no carpets. At the breakfast and the food was prepared on the spot. scrambled eggs and fresh made waffles. Very tasty! If you like to talk long walks, it is close enough to the Hollywood Walk of Fame to enjoy a day walking to, around, and back. Spend some time in the lounge. was disappointed they did not offer a dinner or some sort of snack. Went to a local pizzeria to grab some food and came back. Enjoyed a few glasses of scotch while listening to some hopeful up and coming stand up comics.
2 night trip Jan 6, 2015