All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
1160 North Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90029, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Excellent place
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
"Nice hotel in not the best neighborhood"
The lobby had me worried a bit, it's a little rough around the edges, but generally clean. Once I got to my room I was very pleased. The lobby and the room did not match in terms of cleanliness and maintenance. The room was much nicer than the lobby. The room was modern, well equipped and very clean. The breakfast was individually prepared omlets, very nice breakfast and very good service. The biggest complaint about this hotel is the parking fee and the location. I did not feel very comfortable driving up to the hotel and probably would not have felt comfortable walking around after dark. There was a high parking fee, but given the location, it was probably to be expected.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Loved this place"
I would stay there every time if I could! Should offer more deals
3 night trip Jul 9, 2015
Kaitlyn
"Impressive, convenient, and hospitable hotel."
Our stay was for one night only. We came to Hollywood to see a play. Our selection of this hotel was based on two factors: 1 the price was better than the hotel where we have stayed before; and 2 reviews of the breakfast were better than most places we saw. We were very happy we made the decision to stay here. The overall appearance is impressive. The inner courtyard is charming. The room was lovely, and well equipped. The breakfast was outstanding! Thank you for a lovely experience. We'll happily return!
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Christine
"Central Hollywood location and not much else."
This is a seedy little hotel that's trying to be upscale. A flatscreen in each room and a very courteous, professional staff are nice, but they don't make up for thin walls, moldy bathrooms, or rooms that are less than half the size of a modern chain hotel. The centralized location is nice, you can Uber to just about anywhere in Hollywood for around $5, but otherwise there's not much reason to stay at the Hollywood Hotel.
3 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"With a little more work...."
The Hollywood Hotel tries hard. Our room, while comfortable, needed to be substantially refreshed, e.g., paint the walls, replace the carpet. The walk in shower was a real treat and totally unexpected - nice touch. The fitness center is too cramped and cannot accommodate more than four or five people at a time.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
"A Great Hotel"
We really enjoyed our stay at Hollywood Hotel. The room was very comfortable, and the staff quite helpful. The free morning breakfast was excellent with good variety. We especially enjoyed the other guest from all over the world- we heard many different languages in the Resturant and pool. I would difinitely revisit this wonderful hotel.
5 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Frederick
Overall very satified
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Jorge I
They charge $25.00 for parking. That is n6 only complaint. Staff was very friendly and helpful!
3 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Jeffrey
"Good Hotel for Good Price"
The price was reasonable. Room was clean and comfy. It has wooden floor and a balcony. I will certainly stay at this hotel if I come to visit LA again!
2 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
The front desk clerk was nice,friendly,and helpful,the furniture in the lobby looked dirty and stained,the bed in the room was comfortable but the few holes in the wall made me a bit uncomfortable.The hotel could use some upgrade.The inside was not like the photo showed. It looked like an average $89 hotel. However the breakfast was made by a chef and it was delicious.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great Stay & Great Staff"
This was a family get-away. We took Hollywood by storm, and had a great time. The staff was very professional & friendly and helped make our stay that more enjoyable. And the free breakfast was to die for.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Patrick
"Disappointed Consumer"
When we checked in the desk clerk was rude. When we went to the room...we found it to be very small. Literally minimum space to walk. We turned on the bathroom faucet and water started spewing all over the floor. The best thing about the stay was the breakfast. I will not recommend this hotel.
3 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Family getaway"
Complementary breakfast. Loved the food.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Affordable, good, location great Breakfast."
Simple much nicer on the inside but still gets it done on outside, rooms are spacious but barely anything in them but super clean and comfy bed. BEST BREAKFAST BUFFET I HAVE SEEN FOR FREE, AREA IS OK NEXT TO KOREATOWN.
4 night trip with friends May 28, 2015
"Nice Place"
The hotel was great. Room was clean, service was good. The free breakfast in the morning was fantastic. My only problem was having to pay $24 a night for parking.
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nice Place"
Nice place. Clean, friendly, great hot breakfast, close to the metro stations and bus stops for easy access to places around town. Not many restaurants close by, so recommend eating elsewhere unless delivery works for you. Parking is an extra $24/night. But, I would stay here again if I'm in the area.
2 night family trip May 31, 2015
Lorna
"Hollywood trip"
Nice place, room toilet had running water all night long, turned water off at wall, called front desk, Plummer had to order part. They put us in another room, across the hall not nearly as nice, kinda like a late check out over flow room. The staff was very nice, super good to work with.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
It is a beautiful old hotel. The breakfast was outstanding. The only negative was that the patio furniture in the courtyard was dirty.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
"The horrors of the Hollywood Hotel"
We were not allowed to check in until exactly 3pm. Our room had a hole in the wall and a lot of traffic noise. The only thing good about that hotel was the breakfast buffet. I plan to never stay at that hotel again.
3 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"I recommended it."
I really enjoy the hotel. It was clean, the bed was so comfortable, the breakfast good and the stuff very friendly. it's very near of a train station (two blocks) and just a few minutes by train of the Hollywood walk, BUT very far away from the airport, it took us more than a hour by train and u must to connect with the flyaway bus also.
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
tania
"it's the worst hotel I've ever stayed"
1. The hotel's very bad and very old. The building was established in year 1903. Before being a hotel, it was for staying old people. 2.The air conditioner doesn't work well and very noisy! The room was small and humid, no fresh air in the room! 3.Guest has to wait until 3PM to check in, otherwise you'll have to pay fee to check in ahead. 4. Some guests are waiting in the lobby for checking in, even the staffs of hotels are available, they won't check in for you until 3PM. Overall, this hotel is very bad. Bad room, bad service and furnitures are old. The lamb doesn't work in my room...I won't stay in that hotel any longer.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
CUIYU
"Do not stay here!"
We had a very bad stay. No heater in room. Shower drain was not draining. Service person came to fix it with attitude. Very unpleasant stay.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
parviz
"Great service"
Beds were very comfortable and the chef was amazingly fast and very friendly we are most definitely returning back to stay
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Russell
"Great place to stay for the price."
3 nights & could not have asked for more for the price. Loved the facility-clean, pleasant, quiet. But the worst thing is food. The food was always the same and not very inventive. Worm food only: scrambled eggs or omelette + sausages (bad looking)... All in all I rate it good for the price. Thanks for staff!
3 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Mindaugas
The Hotel is near a lot of attractions, downtown, Hollywood, ect. The staff is friendly. The Breakfast food is good. Scramble eggs are made fresh when ordering.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Jaime
"Location is good. Some rooms are great, others not"
Room was extremely noisy. Too cramped. Additional parking fee was unexpected and overpriced. Pool was not heated.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Andres
"Decent hotel just off Hollywood"
Check in went smoothly. Front desk staff was quite helpful and very polite. Lobby decor decent and definitely gives good first impression. Room was good size, bigger than i expected actually. Everything stated to be in the room was there. Refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, tv and alarm clock. Linens obviously clean and decent quality. Mattress standard 3-star hotel quality. Bathroom clean, good lighting and soaps provided were good. Sink, toilet and shower all worked without issue. Room rate included wifi and wired internet. Room definitely needs to be painted though - walls had several marks. Refrigerator just on floor in closet with microwave on top of it. Counter top in bathroom had some damage (what appeared to be a burn mark). A/C system for room seemed to be fixed/stuck on a certain setting. TV quality was good. Channels displayed excellently. Room rate also included breakfast which was an omelette bar, fruit, pastries, waffles, juices, coffee and assorted cereals.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Brandon
"Enjoyable stay"
Good stay. Great breakfast bar with chef. Can't beat it.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Marisol
"Hollywood Hotel"
Great Breakfast service.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Just Okay"
We stay in this hotel for four days. Normal service and most expensive parking fee(there is actually some much cheaper parking lot along the street but they didn't let me know when I check in). Very satisfy with its breakfast. Lots of choice and good quality. But the neighborhood around looks unsafe.
4 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
Zheng
"A classy hotel!"
This was a delightful experience, the staff very friendly, the chef preparing omelets individually, the courtyard graced with tropical plants with a seating areas suitable for visiting or just reading. The hotel is maintained and seems to be continually graded.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Dorothy
We stayed here for 3 nights while in LA for a wedding. It was the perfect location for our activities, easy to access, and had secure parking. The rooms vary in size and layout, but ours was large and included a small sofa. The hotel retains a lot of charm, while it has been updated. Anna and Mike, the front desk staff we encountered during our stay, we're very helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the verandah around which the rooms were located was pleasant no matter the time of day. The provided breakfast was adequate, and the room very pleasant, but it could have been arranged in a way to improve the traffic flow. Amazingly when our wedding host asked about blocks of rooms at a reduced rate, hotel staff told him they don't have that and suggested he have his guests book through Expedia!
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Kathie
"A Mixed Experience"
The room was very clean and comfortable. However, of the six showers I took while staying there, only two were hot. The others were lukewarm. I reported the problem to the front desk, but there was no improvement. The location of the hotel is very convenient, only a block from the Metro. The only problem is that Vermont is a busy street, and there are sirens all day and night. Definitely a mixed experience.
6 night trip Apr 15, 2015
"Dirty Hotel"
This a really dirty Hotel and real bad service.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
"Old hotel but updated with new flooring and paint."
Stayed 12 days with my husband. Centrally located for our needs. Our queen bed was more of a full size-would suggest a room with 2 beds unless you really want to snuggle! Met the owner and she was very gracious and accommodating! Breakfast is included in the price and it is a hot and fresh breakfast-excellent chef prepares eggs your way along with fresh made waffles! Staff very friendly! Love the courtyard! Gated parking but fee is a bit pricey. This was our 2nd stay and we will definitely return!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Hotel is conveniently located close to all points in Los Angeles,hotel is still in renovation mode,staff is very helpful,especially the breakfast chef who is excellent & his staff also, however the shower faucets were extremely hard to operate,don't know if they are old or what,we had two rooms & they were both extremely hard to operate,we specifically requested one room with queen bed & one room with king bed,however the manager stated expedia had ordered one queen bed in each room, overall stay was okay!
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Ted
Great location. Quite and safety. The rooms are clean. Parking not free.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"No the best"
The toilet was leaking, we always had dirty towels, I would not recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Maria
"Very nice!"
Lovely and well appointed and spacious room! Just needs another mirror in the bedroom area. One in the bathroom is not enough. Pretty pool area and comfy lounges!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Hollywood Hotel review"
The hotel is conveniently located if you plan to sightsee in the Hollywood area. The staff was nice. I didn't see staff cleaning off tables after families ate & left the dining room. Good choices were good for breakfast. Wish the pool could've stayed open a little later for the kids.
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Meredith A.
"Thank Goodness We Were Only There for One Night"
For the price we paid, the hotel was AWFUL!! Cracks in the ceiling, damages all over the walls, BROKEN beds, poorly constructed room, etc. etc. I've never been in such a hotel where I'm paying over $150 and had such a TERRIBLE nights stay. One thing after the other was wrong with this hotel. It opened in 1903 and it seems like they have tried to stay away from upgrades. If you're going to price your hotel for the amount you are, you should really keep it at least to a standard quality hotel. The nicest area was in the breakfast section. I would have rather slept down there and paid the price I did. I will make sure to NEVER go back to this hotel again and make sure my friends know to never stay there.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
"Comfortable and Convient"
My stay at the Hollywood Hotel was very enjoyable. The room was very nice with a balcony view of the hotel lounge area. The bed was very comfortable. It felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The staff kept the room clean everyday. I'd leave to explore and return to everything how it was when I first checked in. Finally, the hotel is just 2-3 train stops to most of the attractions any tourist may want to see. Staying at the Hollywood Hotel is a really good choice if anyone wants to come and visit the area for a few days. I will be sure to book here again if I am to ever return.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Joanne
"May think twice on repeat stay."
Family trip to Hollywood Studios for spring break. Location is a little iffy, wouldn't feel comfortable walking around at night. Rooms are decent size, but need a bit more attention to detail when it comes to cleanliness. Several dust balls fell from the bathroom ceiling vent. Also, be aware of the $20+tax parking fee per day. As a frequent traveller on business still not use to a parking fee on a daily basis. You do have in & out priviledge. That being said, your vehicle is behind locked gates with a 24-hour on duty staff. When the front desk was asked, the response I received was, "you can park it outside and have a big chance of your vehicle broken into, if you don't want to pay."
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
FRANKLIN
We have stayed at the Hollywood Hotel many times and always have loved everything about it
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Hoffman's
"Great Oasis"
I had a 2-day layover after a long flight from New Zealand and needed a place to relax and unwind. It didn't seem like a very safe area but the parking lot was fenced and very secure and I felt very safe within the grounds of the hotel. The pool area was fantastic and I could have spent all day there. It is conveniently located to downtown and lots of tourist attractions. The complimentary breakfast was very good with fresh-cooked eggs and waffles. My room faced out to the central courtyard which was very tranquil. Request one of these rooms if you can. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Mar 30, 2015
"Staying with discomfort."
We stayed a room that had a bathroom with out a bath tub. There was just a standing shower. I was with my family and it was so embarrassing for me. I had never thought that there had been a hotel room with out bath tub.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
mohammad
"Clean and comfortable"
Wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of these reviews. Stayed in many hotels previously in Southern Cali. and this was pretty much in line with other 3 stars. Room/Hotel was clean and in good repair, staff was friendly. Parking was reasonable (by Cali standards), breakfast was better than expected with made-to-order omelettes and otherwise usual fare. Once you get past the ridiculously high price of LA hotels in general, this one was reasonable in comparison for what you get. Walk to train was only a block or so. I'd stay here again.
Don
"Stop charging for parking!"
Stayed here while my townhouse was being fumigated. The room was average. I understand the feel they're trying to go with, but I don't like walking on vinyl tile unless it's in the supermarket or a kitchen. Employees were nice, I especially liked Chef Hugo and his staff. Great omelettes. The primary reason I will book a room elsewhere? The $24.00 per night parking fee! A parking fee for customers??
2 night trip Mar 23, 2015
"Hello Hollywood"
Hotel was a little out of the way for an LA business trip but would be a possible future stay if looking at hotels in the area. Cab waiting time could be a little shorter.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015