All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1160 North Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90029, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"No the best"
The toilet was leaking, we always had dirty towels, I would not recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Maria
"Very nice!"
Lovely and well appointed and spacious room! Just needs another mirror in the bedroom area. One in the bathroom is not enough. Pretty pool area and comfy lounges!
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Hollywood Hotel review"
The hotel is conveniently located if you plan to sightsee in the Hollywood area. The staff was nice. I didn't see staff cleaning off tables after families ate & left the dining room. Good choices were good for breakfast. Wish the pool could've stayed open a little later for the kids.
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Meredith A.
"Thank Goodness We Were Only There for One Night"
For the price we paid, the hotel was AWFUL!! Cracks in the ceiling, damages all over the walls, BROKEN beds, poorly constructed room, etc. etc. I've never been in such a hotel where I'm paying over $150 and had such a TERRIBLE nights stay. One thing after the other was wrong with this hotel. It opened in 1903 and it seems like they have tried to stay away from upgrades. If you're going to price your hotel for the amount you are, you should really keep it at least to a standard quality hotel. The nicest area was in the breakfast section. I would have rather slept down there and paid the price I did. I will make sure to NEVER go back to this hotel again and make sure my friends know to never stay there.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2015
"May think twice on repeat stay."
Family trip to Hollywood Studios for spring break. Location is a little iffy, wouldn't feel comfortable walking around at night. Rooms are decent size, but need a bit more attention to detail when it comes to cleanliness. Several dust balls fell from the bathroom ceiling vent. Also, be aware of the $20+tax parking fee per day. As a frequent traveller on business still not use to a parking fee on a daily basis. You do have in & out priviledge. That being said, your vehicle is behind locked gates with a 24-hour on duty staff. When the front desk was asked, the response I received was, "you can park it outside and have a big chance of your vehicle broken into, if you don't want to pay."
2 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
FRANKLIN
"Great Oasis"
I had a 2-day layover after a long flight from New Zealand and needed a place to relax and unwind. It didn't seem like a very safe area but the parking lot was fenced and very secure and I felt very safe within the grounds of the hotel. The pool area was fantastic and I could have spent all day there. It is conveniently located to downtown and lots of tourist attractions. The complimentary breakfast was very good with fresh-cooked eggs and waffles. My room faced out to the central courtyard which was very tranquil. Request one of these rooms if you can. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Mar 30, 2015
"Staying with discomfort."
We stayed a room that had a bathroom with out a bath tub. There was just a standing shower. I was with my family and it was so embarrassing for me. I had never thought that there had been a hotel room with out bath tub.
3 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
mohammad
"Stop charging for parking!"
Stayed here while my townhouse was being fumigated. The room was average. I understand the feel they're trying to go with, but I don't like walking on vinyl tile unless it's in the supermarket or a kitchen. Employees were nice, I especially liked Chef Hugo and his staff. Great omelettes. The primary reason I will book a room elsewhere? The $24.00 per night parking fee! A parking fee for customers??
2 night trip Mar 23, 2015
"Hello Hollywood"
Hotel was a little out of the way for an LA business trip but would be a possible future stay if looking at hotels in the area. Cab waiting time could be a little shorter.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Great service"
The service was excellent; between the front desk, the store, and the breakfast crews, everyone was very pleasant. The pool was not heated and the outlets were crummy but the visit was overall enjoyable.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Natalie
"Exactly how it was shown. B++"
Great breakfast, and the rooms were updated and clean but just a tad on the smaller side. Would stay here again.
4 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Brandon
"I would not recommend this hotel."
The bed was very uncomfortable, Too hard. Our reservation was for a room with a balcony. We called before arrive to confirm our balcony reservation and were told that it was in order. Upon arrival they were unable to provide a room with a balcony. The section of Hollywood where the hotel is located is run down and unsafe. The gate to secure the parking lot was broken and was left wide open, which made me uncomfortable to such a questionable neighborhood.
2 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Don't miss breakfast"
Centrally located, affordable and while not luxurious just right for the money. Too often when breakfast is included it's a few stale pieces of bread and some fruit, but not here. They offer eggs, waffles, potatoes and sausage, all types of toaste, fresh fruit and maybe 8 types of cereal.
7 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"To expensive"
Wonderful place...
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"Upscale for the price!"
we came down as group for a weekend stay... we were pleased with everything. I've seen reviews with people complaining about the various stages of upgrade but all the rooms we had were great,a touch small but very clean and nice. Upscale for the price. Close to many of the things L.A. has to offer. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking price wasn't that bad and secure as well as convenient. The breakfast was very good and the Omelet Chef, as busy as he was, maintained a smile and did a great job. I WILL stay here again!
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Rudest hotel staff"
Wanted to give the hotel 0 stars but it won't let me. This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. I booked this hotel for a few employees that I had in town. They were going to stay a week there. The morning after check in the hotel staff confused reservations and told my employees that they were suppose to check out and that they would be sited for trespassing if they didn't leave. The hotel supervisor was very rude about the mistake though she gave a fake polite apology while she was rolling her eyes. I was so disappointed with the experience and embarrassed as to how my employees were treated, I took them all out of the hotel and booked somewhere else. WOULD NEVER BOOK HERE AGAIN EVEN IF IT WAS THE LAST PLACE AVAILABLE!
6 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan
"Nice property, good service."
A nice place. Maybe a little pricey for a small room with screw holes in the wallpaper and a balcony that was literally on the very edge of the drive up. The property is nice.. And clean. Parking seems a bit expensive. I like that the whole facility is non smoking. The breakfast was incuded, but just average. Breakfast potatoes are tater tots in a steamer tray... Not exciting or appetizing.
2 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Hotel is fine"
The hotel is refurbished and is fine. I could never get connected to the internet. Also, I had a business meeting before going into work and I was lectured on how I could not bring my breakfast food to my room. I had done it the day before and brought the dishes back down. That was my third trip in 3 week and the first time I've had that problem.
2 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Would return."
Breakfast buffet was excellent. Staff was very accommodating. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Pool and sitting areas were very nice. FREE Wifi never worked for us--was told it was "spotty" but we never found "the spot." Parking was pricey, but felt safe in fenced lot.
3 night family trip Feb 10, 2015
debbie
"Scarey neighborhood"
Ok, stay but nothing special. Bad neighborhood and no places close to have a meal.
4 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Cynthia
"The spot of the breakfast was great."
I didn't like the room. It was to small for my family. One thing that i liked was the breakfast.
6 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Abdullah
"Great value and some Hollywood nostalgia."
The staff were lovely to us. We enjoyed the courtyard and the bed was comfortable. The room was a bit cramped but satisfactory overall. The bath & amenities were very nice, as was the complimentary breakfast. I felt a bit unsure about the security of the rooms, due to the disclaimer we signed upon registration, but our things remained undisturbed. I would definitely choose this hotel again for the price and ease of reaching our destinations around the city. Thank you!
1 night trip with friends Feb 2, 2015
Judith
"Deceiving pictures/ horrible staff/ parking fees"
Be aware of the parking-yellow slip regulations. Checked in around 1am and was misinformed of time when parking ended/started. When I spoke with front desk during check out, the gal raised her voice and rolled her eyes when I explained to her I was told differently. Rooms were ok but blow dryer had make up or self tanner all over it. The refrigerater was leaking water and had to get switched out. Old, poor service, 1st & last time I'll be staying there.
4 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
"So-so"
When I called and asked, someone at the hotel told me that it was a 4-stay hotel. It is not. It is a bit run down. The hotel staff generally give a negative attitude towards the clients as if you're bothering them. Nonetheless, the hotel did have all the amenities needed and the free breakfast is quite good. For the money, I am satisfied but not eager to return.
8 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice stay away from home."
Very nice. good breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Brooklyn, NY"
Nicely decorated hotel in East Hollywood, right on the border of Los Feliz and Silverlake, that doesn't coast on the fact that it's basically the only place to stay in the best part of town.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good for the price"
My girlfriend referred to it as a "cute" hotel. The room was clean, but a little small. The reason for the rating was the bathroom needed updating. No issues at all. Pretty good for the price in the area.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Decent Stay"
the staff was friendly at check-in. THE UPSIDES: The room was clean, with a balcony, beds weren't really squeaky, and stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries in the bathroom. Our check-in included free breakfast buffet downstairs (open 630a-1030a) THE DOWNSIDES: We saw a few ants crawling on the baseboard behind the television. We went down o the lobby on our way out to let them know and they said they would take care of it. When we got back to the room the ants were gone, but you could definitely smell the lingering ant spray for the rest of the night, which gave me a bit of a headache. There is a designated parking lot right behind the hotel, however, the cost is 22.00/night to use the parking lot. They ask you to add the charges to the length of your stay ahead of time. Otherwise you have to find street parking nearby (which most spots are metered). We parked on metered spots right next to the parking lot. Had no issues.
4 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2015
"excellent except parking"
Great breakfast..comfortable bed..nice staff. Only one complaint, parking fee $22 per day! Way too much...43 minutes from LAX. Enjoy!
2 night trip Jan 12, 2015
"Nice stay for the money."
The reviews were pretty accurate here. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is nice, but the place is kind of mid-renovation. The hodgepodge of floor coverings in hallways and furniture in the room seems off-putting, but really, that's just cosmetic. We had a pleasant stay for the money. Some reviews said the neighborhood was not great, but we felt safe walking 10-15 minutes to Silver Lake.
3 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"Reasonable price."
Good breakfast. Close to metro station. Close to universal studios.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Sara
"HOLLYWOOD!!!"
The stay at this hotel was good. Got a single queen room and was perfect size for just a stay. The hallway carpets were tearing up though it looked as if they maybe transitioning over to hard floors with no carpets. At the breakfast and the food was prepared on the spot. scrambled eggs and fresh made waffles. Very tasty! If you like to talk long walks, it is close enough to the Hollywood Walk of Fame to enjoy a day walking to, around, and back. Spend some time in the lounge. was disappointed they did not offer a dinner or some sort of snack. Went to a local pizzeria to grab some food and came back. Enjoyed a few glasses of scotch while listening to some hopeful up and coming stand up comics.
2 night trip Jan 6, 2015
Devin
This was really a nice hotel. Very clean and nice breakfast.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"The hotel is nice but the area is a bit sketchy"
The hotel has been redone and the rooms and staff were pleasant
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"nice hotel close to metro"
Nice sized room. Clean and complimentary breakfast. Good food and great room service.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
michelle
"Nice room and breakfast"
Is a well located hotel near the main atractions, and is easy to trael around by underground. The room was comfortable and nice. The breakfast was really good incluiding delicious omelettes and a variety of hams and cheese. They give you information about the tour but I would recommend to rent a car, which is cheaper and easy at the front desk. Book it when it is on sale, otherwise I think is expensive for what you get. People at the hotel are really kind.
4 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
German
"Most Important Meal of the Day.... Nailed"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Hollywood Hotel. The complimentary breakfast was a great start our day. The breakfast staff was super awesome, quick and friendly. Hugo makes some killer omelets!
2 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
"trip to L.A."
Remodeled, but cheaply done, Comfortable and buffet was good Parking okay but shouldn't have to pay to park. Prices could be cheaper for what you get.
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"Weekend in LA"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in is at 3 and we arrived around 1:30, but the front desk was able to waive the early check in. On the other hand, the room is small and not very clean. I did not feel comfortable walking around my room without socks or shoes on. There was an odor coming from the bathroom that smelled like sewage. I could tell the hotel was old and could use some renovations. Not the best hotel but also not the worse. I guess you are mostly paying for the great location.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"great hotel for business or pleasure"
the hotel was clean. the front desk person was nice and accommodating. the complimantary breakfast was nice and quite a layout. there are plenty of places to walk to including grocery and drug stores. this area can still be a little dicey at night. best not to walk alone after 10 pm. parking is challenging in the area so you are almost certain to pay the parking fee daily ($22.50). i would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
Kristin
"Great stay, expensive $24/night parking fee"
Hollywood hotel was great, clean, friendly staff, and fantastic breakfast with made-to-order omelettes. Room was nice, they had a beautiful calm courtyard in the center which was nice with a fountain. Neighborhood fairly safe, no problems. The only bad thing would be the $24 parking lot fee PER NIGHT, which is quite steep. We paid the fee because we figured it was worth not getting our car broken into, but for a two night stay it's basically $50 more than the booking price. Room had a bed, fridge, ample outlets, clean restroom with shower/tub, and a balcony leading to inner courtyard. No central heating, but they have a space heater which was fine.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Nice, Clean, Small"
Nice room, pricy parking, but there is some free parking on the side street. The room was small but clean except for the hair left on the blow dryer.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"A Peculiar Experienced at Hollywood Hotel"
Before making any decision, I read the hotel's reviews on Expedia. As I entered my room and tried some stuff like water and cleanliness, all those bad reviews faded away. Inversely, I stayed in a clean, quiet and safe hotel. The place I liked the most was the courtyard where you can sit and relax all day long with almost no interruptions. Pros: 1. Area: It's not the best area you can find, but it's safe enough to walk, buy, eat and enjoy. 2. Clean: Maids clean the rooms regularly. They are polite and smile. 3. Safety: There's no safe in rooms (at least in my room), but you can give your laptop, tablet and jewelries to the receptionist and get your key after filling out a form. 4. Entertainment: You have a Direct TV at your room. You can buy movies as low as $16.99 + Tax. 5. Staff: They care and are friendly, particulary, the morning shift. Cons None (to me) I hope you enjoy your trip.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
RobertAhanes
"Loved the Hollywood Hotel!"
We came to visit our son who lives near the hotel. The staff were friendly and cordial. The chef for the breakfast was amazing...very fast and friendly! We had some noise issues with guests in the next room on Friday night...loud and embarrassing! I checked with the front desk on Saturday and that room was not occupied so Saturday night was much quieter. Having the entrance on the back with such a large parking lot was excellent. Security was excellent! I would stay again!
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Janice
Room is big, nice and clean. Service is not so good'. Day sheft front desk girls are very helpful and friendly. Evening sheft guy is not very helpful. Housekeeper clean the room but forget to leave the towels. And takes long time to send to our room. Everything else was nice.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Closest place to hipster Los Felix Neighborhood"
I read a ton of reviews for this hotel, and I was initially scared I made a bad decision. The reality was that the place was quite nice. High ceilings, tile floors, huge room and bathroom, the parking entrance had well manicured landscaping and a nice fountain. But here's the deal, driving into the neighborhood, you will be scared if you are from the burbs. Look past this, you are 10 minutes drive from tons of cool places. And the price is very good for this. We really like the Los Felix Neighborhood, and this was the closest stay to that hood. We had a blast. Also, if you plan well, you don't even need a car from this location because it's on a metro line. This is almost unheard of in LA.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Brandon
"Take it or leave it"
There is no "central" heat but a space heater was provided which basically you could not feel unless standing right beside it (not good for nights in the low 30's). In-room refrigerator was barely cool. Beds were comfortable and down comforter kept us warm. There was a breakfast omelette station and waffles were good. Nice variety of cereals and pastries offered.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"worst experience"
the hotel staff was rude and the rooms were bad. We had booked two rooms for two couples and both the rooms were pretty bad. The AC was not working. The wall above the bed had holes. The rooms were very small too. We drove from San Jose and the staff did not allow us to checkin before 3 pm. We had to wait in the parking lot until 3
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
Srikumar
"DR"
good
4 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
Der-Rong
"Ann"
Nice breakfast and nice service.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014