All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
1160 North Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90029, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
    Delicious food
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Bad internet service
"Unsatisfactory Stay"
I was disappointed at the hotel's policies. The staff was being extremely difficult about minor issues (ie misspelled name on reservation, adding other names to reservation), and very unaccommodating in general. I had made two identical reservations, for the same price, yet upon arrival, noticed that one room was a completely renovated room with modern amenities, and the other was similar to a room you would get at a low-budget motel. It didn't make sense to me why I was paying the same price and getting different quality. They also told me a roll-away bed was not available, when they indeed were, for an extra fee (which I was ready to pay). Breakfast started at 6:30, but the hot dishes did not come out until about 7am, late for our group that was staying as we had early morning appointments and needed to leave by then.
4 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
"Nice Place, So-so Neighborhood"
Great complimentary breakfast with a very friendly staff, but beware of the air conditioning--it simply does very little to cool down your room. The WiFi worked fine with a decent signal. You will want to pay for parking in their gated lot (~ $25 a night). The surrounding neighborhood is very sketchy and filled with metered parking. All and all, I would stay again given the competitive rates and above-average amenities.
3 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
"Like Hollywood, more illusion that reality."
The bar was not open at all and the restaurant only open for breakfast. Very few restaurants in the neighborhood. It was not as nice as advertised.
3 night trip with friends Jan 19, 2016
400- 500$ suite with no ac !!!! Hot tub didn't work. No bubbles. No one cares about the fact that the tub didn't work. No Mni bar. Not impressed with the hotel or the service
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2016
Clinton J.
"Great Hotel!"
Very confortable and clean. Delicious breakfast, I loved this Hotel. Would be perfect if I knew before the stay that there was park fees.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2016
"I'll be back!"
Very pleasantly surprised. Clean, pleasant staff, full Direct TV, and the Free breakfast was incredible with cooked to order omelette, etc. Amazing! Unfortunately I can't remember the Chef's name but he was super friendly and had a great attitude. Parking is a little pricey at $25/ night. Street parking is available but a bit challenging, but if you don't mind walking a few blocks you can make it work.
3 night trip Jan 9, 2016
Doug
"You get what you pay for"
Booked this hotel on a deal. The rooms aren't in great condition and neither is the neighborhood, but we got what we paid for. All worth it for that delicious conplimentery breakfast.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
""Stayed Once Again""
WE HAVE STAYED BEFORE. STILL DO NOT APPRECIATE "EXTRA PARKING CHARGES"! THIS TIME, OUR ROOM DID NOT HAVE "COMFORTABLE PILLOWS" AT ALL. BREAKFAST BUFFET EXCELLENT..."CHEF HUGO" is FANTASTIC!!! "GISELLE" at the Front Desk is CHEERFUL, PROFESSIONAL AND EXTREMELY HELPFUL!
2 night family trip Jan 11, 2016
PETER
The breakfast was decent. Unlike all other hotels I've stayed, you must check with the hostess to gain entrance into the dining area. I witnessed a woman being told her son (looked about 6) could not eat because he was not listed on the room!!! Are you kidding me!!!
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Noisy patrons werent kept under control. Room temp and amenities were great. Paying for parking is a huge disappointment.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2015
Ryan
"Misleading pictures on their website"
There was a ball of dust that was the size of a soccer ball in the air duct. No exaggeration. There is zero overall maintenance of this place. Don't let the pictures fool you too
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
"Vacation"
paying for the car to park is ridiculous. The room also had no heater and I did not know how to work the plug in heater.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
ElizaBeth
"BUGS!"
But it's alright because "they're God's creation" - manager Gisel. The front desk staff is absolutely awful. Completely rude and unprofessional. Which I now understand is because of the kind of management providing training. The only reason I gave two stars, not zero, is the the breakfast staff and the cleaning crew was so apologetic and sweet. The owner should really clean house with a new manger.
Response by Hollywood Hotel-The Hotel of Hollywood
You're a Star! Thanks for staying with us and I apologize for your inconvenience. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback! Vaya con Dios, Hollywood Hotel
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
"Overpriced for waht you are getting - in bad area."
Our experience here was okay. Parking is a pain - they charge $24 for parking and it's a mission to find since the lot is in the back so you have to walk all the way to the entrance. I must add that the neighborhood is not the greatest.. Hence they lock the front doors of the hotel at night & you need your room key to even get through the front door.. Which should leave you feeling safer, but why would you need that unless you were located in a shady neighborhood? For the price - it's not a great stay at all. Décor is old, air was stuffy in the room, the bathroom was super old and the walls' cover was coming off in multiple places! Pillows were horrible too. Overall - you better go with a different hotel for the price. Location is not a safe area.
Response by Hollywood Hotel-The Hotel of Hollywood
You're a Star! Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback! We have renovated most of our guest rooms but there are still some rooms left to do and we are working as fast as we can to complete them without any disturbance to guests. The rooms are listed as our standard rooms which is why the rates for these rooms are discounted. Newly renovated rooms are listed as deluxe rooms. Vaya con Dios, Hollywood Hotel
1 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Olga
"Ok for the price"
Overall this hotel is good for what you pay for it. It is very close ton the subway station which will get you down to Hollywood Blvd. The room and bathroom could have been cleaner and we're definitely showing their age. Parking is 22 dollars! Finally, they serve a free breakfast which is actually quite good. Made to order omelettes and waffles, toast, juice, coffee, etc.
Response by Hollywood Hotel-The Hotel of Hollywood
You're a Star! Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback! Vaya con Dios, Hollywood Hotel
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
Ryan
"Pantages night out"
Complimentary buffet breakfast.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
Ruth
It was good the only thing really to complaint about was the neighborhood
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2015
"Decent Enough"
I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and initially, I was very pleased. The hotel room was nice, the community was gated (I work very long and odd hours when I travel), and everything was great. Breakfast was great! They have an omelette station and a nice variety of food as well as many places to sit down and enjoy your meal. After I stayed there for a couple of nights, I noticed that the tub would not drain all the way, and that air conditioning was ROARING. It scared me every now and then while I was sleeping. I called the front desk about the tub, twice, and got the same guy. He said something about how he's sent people lengthy emails and no one has responded to him, and how he was angry about not being heard. I couldn't tell if that was a hotel tactic, or if he was being honest. I started to shower at the further edge of the tub. One night, while I was showering, I found a cockroach running around. I absolutely hate any bugs, nearly flipped out and slipped in the shower... I told the people at the front desk about it, and all they really had to say was "Sorry". What can you do, right? Overall, I thought this hotel was decent for a business trip, and I would stay for leisure, but if I had more time to do research to pick a different hotel, I'd probably do that.
4 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Kerry
"LA"
Good hotel, for location, price was good and I will recommend it. Room big and confortable
3 night family trip Oct 28, 2015
Pieraldo
"Good Service"
Good service
4 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
"Great for family of 4"
we stayed here because it was near silverlake where my brother lived. I liked the variety of places to eat just walking distance to the hotel. Loved the POOL too to keep my 6yo and 3yo entertained during downtime.
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
Suzanne
"You'll get way more for your money elsewhere..."
This place was kind of like staying in the Twilight Zone. My time here was pretty bizarre. Also, the pictures make this place look A LOT nicer. I think they must have like one or two "updated" rooms, because this place is kind of scrubby and 80s feeling. But, now to the "bizarre". Some of the staff members were lovely. LOVELY. But, I had a late check out time, since I was staying for work and wouldn't be available at the appropriate time. To which I got a, "sure, no problem". Fast forward to 5 o'clock. I'm locked out of my room. They give me a temporary key to pack up my things. But, a few minutes later, they're banging on my door, SWAT team style, saying I have to leave like right then. Weird place indeed. You're likely to get way more for your money staying at a Comfort Inn or something.
3 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Sara
"Not what you pay for"
At about $300 a night for one queen bed, I was disappointed at the run-down look of the room- walls needed painting- too much patching- and just general maintenance. Details in finish work was not good! There was a nice kitchenette but absolutely no kitchen utensils- not one! No pan or even a spoon or plate! Cub-boards bare. I had picnic stuff to eat but had to go to Rite Aid to get some utensils. My son, who was visiting, accidentally spilled a little soda on the floor and when he wiped it up with a towel, the towel came up FILTHY from the floor! Also- the "coffee maker" was a joke...seriously. Not only was it one cup at a time, but dripping into a plastic cup- not even a real coffee cup...so so cheap. I expected more from a $300 a night room. I would have had the same kind of room at a famous well-known motel chain for less money AND a better coffee maker! Other than all that, the lobby and outside areas were beautiful and it was centrally located to where I needed to be. The parking felt safe (there was an extra charge for it- I felt like it should have been included in the cost of the hotel). All the staff were extremely nice and helpful.
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
Margaret
"Sucked"
Customer service was rude, bed sheets had stains on it, whole place looked very old and u can hear everything what's going on outside, walls paper fin . For that price you can find better hotel .
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
ruvim
"Nice hotel, good price"
This was a nice place and a good deal for LA prices at $100/nt plus $24.00 parking. It had the feel of high end hotel. We commuted to other attractions in LA...traffic was bad as expected. There was a full cooked breakfast that was worth easily $10.00 per person. Only criticism is dim lighting in room which made reading difficult. Good quiet central AC. Otherwise recommended.
4 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Loved everything except one front desk guy"
Everything was great except a snarky rude young man at the front desk. He was rather snippy and a smart axx.. Other than that, the location is very convenient and the breakfast was great! will stay there again, hopefully that negative dude is gone ;P
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Karina
"Good place to stay"
Stay was good, pool closed way too early.. Maybe 10 or 11 is better. I love to hot tub
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Lea
"Very nice place."
Beautiful hotel. Great breakfast. Would stay again!
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"GREAT STAY!"
Excellent location. Griffith Observatory is on this road, Hollywood is around the corner. We were able to get to all of our destinations without any issues. The complimentary breakfast on Sunday morning was wonderful.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"inexpensive nice place to stay."
Was hesitant on booking a room here after reading reviews but my overall experience was a good one. Room was clean, I requested a top floor room with a balcony, view was nice where I was, nothing to brag about. Can't knock on the free breakfast again nothing to brag about. Well to save time on you reading a lengthy review my main point is that this is just a clean average place to stay. I would compare this place close to a Quality Inn or Marriott. So if you're looking for a room in Hollywood and don't have deep pockets nor want to stay in some dirty motel, this is your place. Parking is expensive but you can't put a price on peace of mind. I used their free wired high speed internet, was able to do my work and steam movies. If I'm ever in the area again for business this will be the place that I stay.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Felix
"Not good"
Dirty and loud room. Front desk staff not knowledgeable. Not worth the money
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
shane
"Decent hidden Gem"
Nice old hotel, close to Hollywood with easy access to metro and bus services. Markets and decent food outlets close by. Hotel is old but well maintained, has onsite rent-a-car, gym and pool. Decent Hot breakfast included really adds value compared to other hotels in same price range. Car parking is extra.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Omar Bin
"Comfort"
this is a four star hotel ,it's tidy clean and comfortable . There is a metro station in the corner just take 5mins for walk.its convenience .i like it . the breakfast is good
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2015
"nice place"
very pleasant
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
ANGEL
"pleasant surprise"
I really enjoyed this hotel after spending 2 nights elsewhere. It has seen better days, that's obvious because the surrounding neighborhood will attest to that. Years ago it must have been top rated. However the front desk was well attended, on site amenities were numerous; workout equipment, sauna, pool, pleasant courtyard with afternoon bar, happy hour, laundry. I could go on, in-room safe, coffee maker, fridg. microwave, small store/commissary, hot buffet breakfast. Not luxury but within my price range. Some areas are worn due to age but all in all I would happily return.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Great hotel. Comfortable room. Awful internet"
Everything was great except for the internet which was awful. I couldn't do anything online.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2015
Bryan
"A Great Little Getaway"
I very much enjoyed staying at this hotel. It's an older style of modern building but it was clean, well maintained, and well run. Everything worked just the way it was supposed to and my room was great. The breakfasts were terrific. They were all full breakfasts including omelets with a large choice of fresh ingredients, waffles, yogurt, fruit, bagels, etc, etc. The coffee was terrific as well. I'll be back.
4 night trip Sep 10, 2015
Lino
"Maid service?"
The only problem I had was when I was gone the cleaning lady touch my stuff and put it in my suitcase after I put outside for my room not to be clean.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2015
"Historic and beautiful"
This historic building built in 1903 (with upgrades, of course) was a treasure to find. Will be staying there more in the future, with trips to visit my daughter who is attending school in LA. Ammenities-fridge, microwave were useful.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
GirlsinCollege
"Good for the Money"
Check in and out was simple and staff was very friendly. Room was clean although did have a strong bleach smell that after leaving the patio door open for a while kinda went away. First hotel that I have stayed in that didn't have carpet so that was a little strange and over all the room needed some general TLC but overall for the price it was good....didn't go there expecting a 5 star experience. I would stay there again!!!!
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Stuart
It was ok the staff could have been more accommodating
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
"close to most things"
breakfast was ok, room was fair. Park on the street. Price was better than most places after hotel.com 30% discount
3 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2015
"i will be going back"
Great time. No problems at all. Close to activities. Slept very well.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2015
Don
"wallpaper down..."
The hotel looks better than the rooms. The room was very small and there were cracks in the drywall and wallpaper coming off the wall. for a one or two night stay it was ok but not much longer than that. the breakfast was good and they had better than average coffee.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2015
"I'd stay there again. . . for a night!"
The beds were really comfortable but the bathrooms need to be updated. It was clean and pretty easy to find. I appreciated that parking but was a bit pricy!
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"Unexpected fees and lack of communication"
It was a good place just too overpriced and bad service.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
Angelica
"DISGUSTING HOTEL"
THIS HOTEL WAS DISGUSTING! NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES! THE FRONT DESK PERSON ASWELL AS THE MANGER WERE BEYOND RUDE! THERE WAS BUGS IN OUR ROOM AND THE BATHROOM WAS BEYOND DISGUSTING! LIKE I SAID NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE NOT A CLEAN PLACE AT ALL! THIS HOTEL IS IN THE GHETTO!!!!!! THEY CHARGE 22 FOR PARKING! HAD A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE HERE NEVER AGAIN BEYOND DISGUSTING DONT GO BASED ON THE PICTURES LIKE I DID! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
erim
Only down is the 25 dllr parking fee
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
maria
"One of the best hotel in hollywood"
Nice and good hotel But still you can find noise every time
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Amr
"Beautiful Hotel"
Comfortable, lots of amenities, enjoyed the comedy club downstairs, clean, everything close by.
5 night family trip Aug 28, 2015