All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America

Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Good Enough to be close to the airport."
Our stay was quick. We checked in and went to bed and woke up at 4am to take the hotel's shuttle to the airport. Our room was separate from the building that the main office was in and the shuttle driver came to our building to pick us up instead of making us walk all the way to the other building, which was nice. The rooms were average, nothing special. Like most hotels, the hallways are pretty noisy since the walls are paper thin, but every time someone closed their door, the walls in our room shook. Also of course, there was a lot of noise with the airplanes flying overhead all night, but overall it got the job done for us.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2016
"Dissapointment"
Disappointed this time - we stayed there on a lay over to Hawaii and returned on the lay over to our home in Pasco, WA. After checking in, I noticed something odd on the desk near the lamp, thinking it was a 'food crumb', and when I took a clorox wipe and looked at the specimen, it was in fact a mouse dropping....I immediately approached the front desk clerk and waited for her to finish with the guest she was helping and quietly informed her of my find. I told her that I could not stay, and I was going to call hotels.com and ask they to find me another hotel for the night. When I returned to the room, I moved the property binder and found 2 more droppings, and could hear the mouse behind or in the entertainment center. The desk clerk offered to move me to another room, but I did not feel comfortable staying at the property as a whole at that point. Hotels.com was able to get me a room at the Clarion and the shuttle driver drove me directly to that property for which I am extremely grateful, as it was well after midnight.
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2016
"Party place for high school kids"
The room itself was fine, but underage drinkers roved the hallway all night, making tons of noise. Honestly, it was a group that spanned at least several hotel rooms and the party spilled into the hallway. They looked really, really young. I have no idea how the Red Lion ends up renting out to kids wanting to party in an airport motel (????) but I wish this situation had been better monitored.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2016
Judith
"Good Stay!"
Smooth arrival, relaxed, peaceful prpoerty
2 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2016
Armenious
Convenient to PDX, very dated building. Allows pets if you need that. We didn't, and heard dogs barking inside the hotel. If you just need a place to sleep this will do it. Very affordable.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
"Good solid hotel"
There is not an elevator so if you need a first-floor room then check in early or give them a heads up. We were fine doing the stairs but we checked in late and the front desk told us that if we had needed assistance then they would not have had a room since the only rooms left were on the second floor. Breakfast was a full breakfast order in the restaurant which was yummy and included in the price.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Limited quick trip with family. Staff was very accommodating. The one way road can confuse your GPS when exiting. Good choice for us.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your recent stay with us! We value every guest and appreciate the feedback. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and that our staff accommodated you! We look forward to seeing you again, the next time your travels bring you the Portland Airport area. Have a great night! Sincerely, Michelle Hannah Front Office Manager 7101 NE 82nd Ave Portland, OR 97220
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2016
The hall always smelled like cat urine. The restaurant is handy but they could use little better menu.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We value each and every guest and welcome the feedback. Running a 50 year old hotel with multiple buildings and many separate entrances does present challenges when it comes to odor control. It is unusual to have the odor of cats in our hallway as the most popular traveling pets are dogs. Our large, nearly 1 acre, grassy area is ideal for dogs and is used on a regular basis. Based on your feedback, we will pay special attention to cat owners when they arrive-Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have also shared your comments with the food and beverage manager as our food menu is based entirely on customer feedback. I hope that you come back and stay with us again, giving us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future! Have a great night! Sincerely, Michelle Hannah Front Office Manager 7101 NE 82nd Ave Portland, OR 97220
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
"Great value."
Great staff, early check-in so my grandson could nap. Downtown 25 minutes by light rail - a highlight for my grandson.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at the Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport. We love the feedback! I am so happy you enjoyed yourself and that our staff treated you well. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Portland Airport area. Have a great night! Sincerely, Michelle Hannah Front Office Manager 7101 NE 82nd Ave Portland, OR 97220
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
"Always a good stay"
Front desk is always very friendly and helpful. We stay a couple times a year here we love it.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us! I am so happy to see that our front desk is always very friendly and helpful! We do our best to give our guests our undivided attention during each personal interaction, making sure all of our guests stay comfortable. I am happy we continue to do that for you and we look forward to your next visit at the Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport. Have a great night! Sincerely, Michelle Hannah Front Office Manager 7101 NE 82nd Ave Portland, OR 97220
2 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Stephanie I.
The room was good, they forgot to clean my room and when I got back to the room there was no staff left to clean the room. Staff was somewhat indifferent to the problem. Other wise OK stay. 2 night stay.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for sharing about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not receive your stay-over service and that our front desk team didn't treat it with the attention it deserved. We take pride in building relationships and making sure our guests stay comfortable. I have also sent your comments to our housekeeping manager because it is important that we do not miss the daily cleaning services our guests are entitled to. Thank you for bringing to my attention. I am glad that you still found value in our hotel and I hope that you stay with us with us again, giving us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future. Have a great night! Sincerely, Michelle Hannah Front Office Manager 7101 NE 82nd Ave Portland, OR 97220
2 night business trip Jan 13, 2016
"Super clean room but dreary motel"
The maid staff at this Red Lion does an amazing job of making a worn bathroom look appealing, and the beds are so crisply turned out. But standing in line to check in and check out...breakfast featuring some very off-tasting cooking oil which permeated eggs and hash browns, the truly dreary neighborhood...made this a hotel one I really won't consider booking into again -- even at its very appealing price and location near the airport.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for commenting about your recent stay with us. We truly value our guests' opinion. I am sorry your check-in/check-out process was not as quick and efficient as it should have been. I have shared your comments with our front desk team reiterate how important it is to check-in and check-out guests in a timely, efficient, and service oriented manner. I have also shared your concerns with our food and beverage manager to ensure that our restaurant is serving only the best food they can offer. I am glad our prices are appealing and that you found our housekeeping staff amazing. I hope that you come back and stay with us again, giving us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future! Have a great night! Sincerely, Michelle Hannah Front Office Manager 7101 NE 82nd Ave Portland, OR 97220
1 night trip Jan 9, 2016
Marilyn
"Portland 2016"
Loved the staff, the complementary breakfast, and the value for the money given the high prices for good hotels in Portland. I especially appreciated the front desk staff when I checked in and their extreme helpfulness in making my stay special. Most of all, I am grateful for Kevin in the restaurant...his attentiveness, sweet demeanor, willingness to make sure I had plenty of coffee and warm food. He was a sweet being to come down to each morning.
3 night family trip Jan 8, 2016
Carolyn R
We needed a place to stay while in Portland visiting family. Red Lion was clean and convenient enough. The price was right and the hot breakfast though busy and somewhat slow was a nice bonus.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
christy
"No elevators"
My complaint is we were on second floor and there are NO elevators. We had heavy suitcases from a three week trip and it was extremely hard getting up stairs. I fell once and my husband who is not in good physical health also struggled getting luggage up stairs.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2016
Delores
"Worst stay ever!"
The sink had hair in it. .like a man had shaved. My son's rooms toilet was plugged when we got there. There was an huge blood stain on the curtains!! The bartender in their lounge, actually came to me because my husband didn't leave a tip on the credit card!!! (We had left cash on the table!!)
2 night family trip Jan 3, 2016
LaWana
"Good hotel"
The hotel is a little old but still in pretty good condition. It is very adequate for the rate we paid. The rooms a little on the small size but good for business travel, the stay for the night before flying. No free breakfast tough.
2 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
naomasa
For an airport hotel it was just great!
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Catherine
"Good enough."
Needed a room for the night before an early flight out to Hawaii. Have stayed here before. It suits my needs.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Victoria
"Decent for the price"
I thought it came with free breakfast like before
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Ken
"Excellent help from staff and shuttle"
Check in was so helpful! Since this was our first time in Portland we were a little confused over transit to downtown and airport.The staff explained everything-their shuttle was so quick and pleasant-we will definitely be staying here when we return.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Molly
"CLOSE TO PDX"
CLOSE TO PDX AND A RESTAURANT AT THE HOTEL. WORKED WELL FOR AN EARLY AM DEPARTURE
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2015
"Inconvenient convenience."
One night to catch an early flight. Late check-in, early check-out (all good there). Cold room, heater took awhile to warm it up. King comfortable. Bathtub but no stopper!! Shower ok. Water pressure lousy. Wifi ok but seemed slow. 2nd floor but no lift - had to lug three heavy suitcases up and later down stairs- did not appreciate that part. Shuttle driver kind, helpful and courteous. Called for shuttle but did not have to check out - he said it had been completed and I was in the clear. Gave him the keys.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for sharing about your recent stay with us. We value every guest and welcome the feedback. I am very sorry your guest room didn't a have bathtub stopper and that the water pressure was low. I have shared your concerns with our maintenance department so we can take the appropriate measure to correct this for future guests. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am sorry you you were placed in a second floor room with heavy luggage. We have staff ready and willing to help with luggage whenever necessary. I am happy to see that our driver took good care of you! I hope that you come back and stay with us again, giving us a chance to exceed your expectations in the future. Happy New Year!
1 night trip Dec 26, 2015
"Basic standard stay"
A standard, acceptable stay. Basic room, free self parking, breakfast included. It served its purpose. Unfortunately, I was overcharged $160 because the Employee mixed up my reservation with another guest. It was a very strange encounter. Management promised to have it fixed the next day.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
Shalene
"Where's the beef....er breakfast?"
Check in was a breeze and staff was very friendly. Only complaints I had about this room was the noise from the airport close by and there was no breakfast that came with the stay. I had read or thought I read that breakfast was included but when we went to get it in the morning we were pointed to the restaurant that is part of the hotel and there wasn't any buffet style breakfast set up.
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Anthony
The girls at the front desk are great! Nice clean room. Close to airport,shuttle was convient.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Great customer service. Clean hotel and very affordable
1 night family trip Dec 10, 2015
"Will stay here again and again."
Front desk staff, Asasia and Jess were very friendly with big smiles and sweet personalities. They were helpful after we deactivated our room key by setting us up with new keys and a nice reminder to keep the keys away from a cellphone. The layout of our room was different, not the typical setup of a hotel room we are used to staying in. It didn't bother us as we were only there to sleep. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and shower had good hot water pressure. We ate at the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. We were impressed with the hamburger and chicken sandwich we ordered, good amount of food and the French fries were great. Our room came with breakfast. The selections were good and the amount of food surprising, couldn't finish it all. Overall, this is our new PDX hotel we will be staying at.
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2015
Danielle
"It is a hotel that I can recommend to all"
Great service
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
amare
"Ok"
No clean towels in the room, halls very dirty.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for sharing about your recent stay with us. We value each and every guest and welcome the feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not have fresh towels in your guest room. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping manager to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. We take pride in building relationships and make sure all of our guests stay comfortable. I am sorry we didn't do that for you. I hope that you come back and stay with us again, giving us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future!
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
The bed sheets had hair in it and the comforter was dirty. Little water pressure in the shower and the fixture was loose so it would not stay at one temperature. Breakfast was good.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Worked for the money"
Most everything was as expected, bed was very comfortable. If I remember correctly, curtains were a little worn, but finding someone's well worn earplug in the bed the next morning was rather disturbing. Oh, and we had to exit one building and enter another to get from our room to the lobby. The next morning the key card wouldn't work for the building with the lobby, so we had to walk around in the rain. The shuttle to the airport was convenient, but no free parking for the duration of our trip.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at the Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport. I am very sorry your keys didn't work properly upon check out and that your guest room wasn't in the proper condition. I have shared your comments with out housekeeping manager to ensure better training to our new housekeeping staff. I am happy you found our beds comfortable and that you were able to take advantage of our 24-hour complimentary shuttle service. I hope that you come back and stay with us again, giving a chance to exceed your expectations in the future!
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
"STAY RUINED BY UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF MEMBER"
The hotel is in a good location, room was clean, laundry room very clean, comfortable bed. My only complaint was the young Asian lady working the desk the evening of 12/13/2015. My reservation was made by my husband and had his name in my email confirmation I always print and take on every trip. I had been to the hotel earlier that day and there were no clean rooms available and the lady at the desk at the time told me all about reservations having to have the name of the person who will be occupying the room in the reservation. But since I had a copy of the email it would be ok. I tried to explain this to the Asian lady in the evening but she was still rude, pointing out she should not be even allow me to register. I never lost my cool because it would have made it worse but I was surely tempted. She never smiled, never really look at me in the eye, apparently she wanted me to know who was in charge. I felt so humiliated and angry knowing, I did or said nothing unpolite to her at any time and the other staff member with her at the time could attest to this. It is not what you say...it is how you say it. This was my first time at a Red Lion Hotel and had such a bad impression, everything else that was good about the Hotel lost it's shimmer because of one unpleasant and unprofessional staff members.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2015
Raul
"hotel is a great value"
comfortable
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
"I'd stay here again"
Just in town for the night. I would stay there again. The best part was the free breakfast. Not a cheezy buffet, but a voucher for a sit down breakfast at the restaurant.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
"Good stay indeed."
Had one night there. Bartender was cool at the attached bar/lounge, the bed was comfortable. I usually look under the bed and under furniture to see if they clean that also and they did, room was spotless.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Brandon
"One night stay in rainy weather"
It was just one night. All went well. I took a shuttle to the airport. Had a great breakfast at the restaurant, Pacific Grill.
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2015
Overall was a decent place to stay. Was fairly quiet, but they did not vacuum the carpet in the room while we were there for almost 2 weeks !! Did NOT provide even continental breakfast in the hotel and NO discount to use in their own restaurant which was extremely overpriced on breakfast items
13 night business trip Nov 24, 2015
Melvin
"Airport stay"
Great location if needing to be by the airport. Room was small so hard for two people to move around at the same time. Bed comfy.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
This hotel was a great place to stay. Great price clean hotel, hotel staff was very pleasent. Only downside was a to far from downtown , but for a hotel around the airport I would recommend it.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2015
Travis
"Comfortable"
It was only overnight liked how easy it was to get to the airport and the freeway. Good breakfast in the restaurant
1 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
"Awlful"
As soon as Hotel. Com was mentioned I could not park my truck in the lot. I had to park at park and fly down the street. For 15 dollars a night. And I was going to be in Texas a week. Very unhappy. They also said there would be a restaurant next door open for breakfast as there was no continental. However when my son and I went there at 930 am for breakfast it was not open, and we were told it would be open at 11am for lunch. We did not stay to wait for the restaurant to open . We went to Elmers down the road. I will never stay there again. We needed the airport and it was too late to cancel the hotel.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay. We value every guest and welcome the feedback. I am very sorry you weren't happy with your stay here. We do have long-term parking packages available when booked through the Red Lion directly. Also, our Pacific Grille opens for breakfast at 6am and the Sky Jockey lounge opens at 11am. I am very sorry you weren't able to enjoy the hot breakfast in the Pacific Grille before you flew to Texas. I hope that you come back and stay with us again, giving us the chance to exceed your expectations in the future!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2015
Yvonne
"Good Affordable Hotel"
We stayed here overnight. Good hotel in a convenient location near the airport and freeway. Loved having a 12PM checkout since we like to sleep in.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!"
Hotel was very noisey! People talking loud at all hours of the night, the smell of Pot coming into our hotel room, and staff not doing a darn thing about it. We will NEVER recommend or ever stay here again! Did not get a good night sleep for an early flight.
Response by Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Hello, Thank you for taking the time share about your recent stay with us. We value each and every guest and welcome the feedback. I am very sorry your sleep was interrupted by noisy neighbors. We try and do our best to give our guest's our undivided attention to ensure that all of our guests stay comfortable. I have shared your comments with my front office team to help prevent this from happening again. Thank you for the information. I hope that you come back and stay with us again, giving us the chance to exceed your expectations in the future! Have a great night!
1 night business trip Nov 28, 2015
"Don't get a room next to an exit door !"
Everything was great, except we were the end room next to the outside door, all the smokers were going in and out as the door slammed shut all hours of the night.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2015
carolynn
"Convenient location, great customer service!"
Great location! Started out bad there with very strong cleaners in the room, front desk immediately found us another room without chemicals! Great service and accomodations ! We will stay there again!
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
"Convenient airport stay"
A quick overnight at the Red Lion after a long day of traveling. The hotel is nothing fancy, the staff was very friendly and the room was clean & comfortable. Super convenient to the airport if you are arriving or departing. Don't let the hallways scare you (a little worn). Would stay here again.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2015
wendy
"Great Place to Stay!"
We left an unsatisfactory hotel, and booked a room here. The clerk let us check in right away, even though it was only 11 a.m. or so. The buildings are short, and the various entrances make it easy to park close to one. We were able to park right outside of our room window, and still have just a short walk to our room. We did not eat at the on site restaurant, but the area has many places to get food. We chose Ira's Deli up on Prescott St. The food was just awesome, and not overpriced. We will book this hotel again, and recommend it to everyone!
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Mitch
"Average place- not very clean."
A very moldy shower. Had not been properly cleaned in a long time.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
Roderick
It was exactly what we needed. A roof and a bed. We weren't looking for more.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015