All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
4550 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA, 92122, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Great experience"
Hotel was very clean and staff was super friendly. Would definitely refer friends and I would absolutely stay there again
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
It was enjoyable for the most part. We did ask for an extension of 30 minutes and it was denied due to over booking, which was the first place this has ever happened at.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Ugh"
Too many things were broken or inadequate to handle the hoard of families staying there. For example the desk lamp was broken, the parking machine did not recognize my room key after check in, the extra blanket smelled like old farts and the vanity sink drained very slowly just to mention a few. If you want more privacy, better quality and greater peace of mind, go elsewhere. Totally not worth the 300+ dollars per night.
2 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Great breakfast for all the family! Close to the highway, but we missed the nice evening walks you get closer to the beach areas in La Jolla.
6 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Camilla
"OK but expensive...."
Nice hotel but sofa bed was very uncomfortable. Premier floors with credenza had limited offerings and sometimes didn't work. Found empty soda bottles and cup behind the sofa.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
The room is a little dated and smells. Doors didn't shut properly. I called twice for extra towels that never came. I ended up going to the front desk to get my own. Parking is $25 and wifi is at an extra cost. I will not stay at this hotel again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Unhappy campers"
Ok I think Embassy Suites are great for families and we have stayed at many of them over the years. But this stay in La Jolla with our grandchildren was not so good. The wait for the elevators was terrible every morning when you wanted to go down for breakfast. We had to call down for towels two times during our five day stay. One day we got back to our room at 4:30 and the room wasn't even cleaned. On Monday morning I called down to the front desk at 9:15 and asked what time the breakfast was being served until and was told 10:30 when we got down to eat it was closed. I called the desk back and she told me oh I am sorry that is only on the weekends. One more thing they tack on $25 dollars a day for parking and the price of the room is already expensive ! One good thing was the breakfast they provide it was very nice.
5 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Diana
"A place to stay will come back here again"
It was excelent
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Lourdes
"Good place always to stay"
Place was very clean. Love the breakfast in the morning. We had a minor mishap, but the staff was amazing to resolve all concerns. We will always stay in the Embassy suite. Love it!
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Debbie
"So-So Embassy - Elevator Issues"
Embassy Suites are typically nice and easy to stay at but this one is difficult to get in and out of the hotel area to drive to the parking lot. Which was $25/night/car and not mentioned on Hotel.com as an extra charge. Room said slept 5, king bed and pull out sleeps 4 w/ my math so called for roll-away-bed - yep extra charge for that so one slept on the floor. Main problem with Embassy Suites was the elevators were under repair, so only 2 out of 4 were operating. Not bad if the stairs from each floor went to the main lobby but NO stairs went outside. So each time we wanted to leave our floor it was 10 - 20 min WAIT. Leaving the hotel took so long we took an elevator UP to go down or I would probably still be there waiting to leave the hotel. Explanation "routine maintenance, so sorry." Really, in July probably the busiest vacation time for San Diego and you have "routine maintenance" on your elevators? They did remove the parking charge from my bill. If staying here, before you book, suggest calling to make sure elevators are up and running. Location is nice, right across from a major mall and easy to get to from just about anywhere in San Diego.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Parking"
Save $25 a day and park on street around the corner . About 1/4 mile nice walk on sidewalks . Nice breakfast and rooms are large and in pretty good shape.
4 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
tim
"Getting tired?"
We've stayed at this hotel several times (although it's been a few years since the last time) and found it to be comfortable, clean and the staff friendly. This time was very similar, although I have to say that some things seem a little tired. The refrigerator in our room did not close properly without taking care to do so. When we checked in to our room the door had not been closed all the way and there was a wall of ice on the inside back. I placed my items in the fridge and didn't worry too much about it. Over the next few days (we stayed for 3 nights) the ice began to melt and water spilled out onto the carpet. We took the now loosened chunk of ice out and mopped up the carpet. The refrigerator kept our food cold, but the carpet was a mess. We did let the hotel know about the problem upon leaving. The other issue we had was with the couch. Thankfully we did not need to make up the bed on the couch, but sitting on it was interesting. It dipped deeply in the middle. Like I said...some things seemed to be getting tired.
3 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Virginia
"La Jolla for the day"
My family stayed for one night. We appreciate the great last minute rate through hotels.com considering it was comic con weekend. The whole experience was comfortable and the parking was very convenient. (The only bummer was the slow elevators, even with 3 running.) We could not believe the quality of the complimentary breakfast buffet and evening reception, considering the low rate we paid for the room. There was a British gentlemen there hosting and cleaning who was a big help. He deserves a promotion. We'll be back!
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Plenty of room for family of 5. Breakfast was great. Very clean. Not bad for the nightly fee. Would stay here again
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Gret staff bartender was great I don't remember her name but she was short and brownish blond hair I believe she was from Texas
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Great. The room is very big for our family and is clean. The breakfast is excellent. There is also snacks available and happy hour. We really enjoy our stay. Thanks,
6 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Haiyan
Friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Greg
"Elevator"
The elevator was slow coz 2 were down.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Awsome"
it was very relaxing and nice.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
twanna
"Great stay, despite broken elevators."
The hotel is excellent and we had great service. The 2 hour happy hour is fantastic and the breakfast buffet was very nice. All of the bar staff and the dining staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was a suite with a very comfortable king sized bed in the bedroom, a spacious bathroom and a sofa bed in the living area. My husband brought his computer and had a desk with plenty of space to work. There was an issue with the elevators. Out of 4, 2 were not working. We stayed on the 2nd floor and it wasn't to inconvenient to use the stairs (although you had to go outside in order to come back in). Whenever an elevator finally did make it to our floor, it was too full for us to fit. Granted, we were there on the 4th of July and I am sure that the hotel was at or near capacity. I did mention my dissatistiaction with elevators to the young lady at the reception desk and she was very apologetic and also offered to comp us for our parking fee, which would have been $25.00. Overall, it was a great stay for a fair price especially considering it was the 4th of July.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"San Diego 4th of July 2015"
Great family stay! Elevators were being updated so long waits at times but other than that I would stay again and recommend it!! Breakfast buffet was good lots of choices. Happy family :-))
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Wonderful stay"
Very nice room and staff was very pleasant too. Complimentary cooked to order breakfast was to die for. Will definitely stay here on next San Diego trip.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Derrick
"Stellar Stay"
My stay was absolutely amazing!!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Anise
Very comfortable beds. Lots of space in the room. Excellent breakfast!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Beth
"Family fun near the beach"
The hotel is conveniently located near a major freeway and within walking distance of nice shopping and dining areas. The breakfast was outstanding and the service was excellent. The neighborhood is safe and La Jolla Cove is within a short drive. The parking is a little overpriced. I'm not even sure why there is a fee for parking. Only quest of the hotel use the parking garage. San Diego's major tourist attractions are about a 15 min drive.
5 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Matthew
The hotel was pretty crowded and the elevators took forever. There was at least one broken so that was part of the problem but overall it was very conveniently located, clean and service was great!
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Ashley
Amazingly great! Very confortable, spacious, and beautiful, close to all amenities. Their breakfast is great. Its not the 1st time I've stayed at the Embassy Suites, but it was the 1st time in San Diego. Their quality of service is the same in all of their hotels, so every time I book with them I know I will have a great time
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
rita
"Great LA Jolla hotel."
It was the perfect location to stay at in La Jolla, San Diego. Room was great. Breakfast in the morning was great with many fresh options to pick from. Thank you for your hospitality.
"Great time in La Jolla"
It was short sweet and fun. Embassy suites made it easy for me and the family to have our quick get away.
Ian
"Family Beach Vacation"
Our family has always enjoyed staying at various Embassy Suites across the country. This was our second stay at this location, which for a "beach trip" to La Jolla Shores is a location we like. The kids (we had four grandsons 6-12) with us) love the "special drinks" and snacks provided during Happy Hour, the spacious eating area for breakfast, the fish, and the pool. We spent most of our time at La Jolla Shores which is a great family beach, but the kids think just staying at the hotel is a treat. Those not familiar with this hotel need to know that parking is expensive unless you park on the street. In addition, even if you paid in full, in advance, the hotel will put charges on your credit card during your stay, that if you do not charge anything will disappear at check out. Annoying to us because they kept popping up on our phone from American Express when we knew we had not charged anything. The elevators may also have problems keeping up with the number of people checking in or out during especially busy periods, a problem typical of many places with elevators. As always, the rooms were very comfortable. Nice hotel for families.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
ROSEMARY
"Great Breakfast"
Loved the breakfast there was a shortage on some things like forks and butter etc but the workers were working efficiently and we loved the options they provided for us for breakfast
Jacqueline
It was a great stay!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Roberta
Parking garage is terrible for families with little kids. There is no elevator so if you have sleeping kids and luggage, good luck.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Perfect"
Had a fantastic stay! We will definitely be going back
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Parking needs a facelift!"
There is a $25 per day parking fee. Really badly designed parking structure, crammed. You go up a narrow one way passage. Nowhere to go when you leave. You just come back down the way you went up and hope that no one is coming up at the same time! Rest of the stay was +ve.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
mahesh
"5 STAR STAY"
AMAZING!! THIS WAS A SPUR OF THE MOMENT TRIP AND I WAS SCEPTICAL BUT THE HOTEL WAS GREAT. VERY CLEAN, THE STAFF WAS HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"I'll come back"
Great location.
2 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
Ashley
"A quick vacation"
The beds were very comfortable. Lots of room for the five of us to sleep. Breakfast was fantastic, I recommend it to anyone singles and families.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Stacey
"Expensive parking"
Parking too expensive, never in my life have paid 25 dollars for this
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Jorge
"Perfection"
Another amazing stay in Embassy Suites. Will stay again!
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
Luis
"Pleasant Stay"
very nice staff and very good service overall. The elevator didn't work and it took like 30 min to come down to the lobby. The breakfast was very good.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Brenda
"Good location with low price"
UTC mall just cross the street. Good stay.
6 night business trip May 14, 2015
Gi
"Great hotel in La Jolla"
Great location - Great accommodations - good value
3 night business trip May 13, 2015
Harold
"good"
The room wasn't as clean as it shoukd have been, dirty floor and towels, bug in the tub but everything else was great. Breakfast was good. And the koi pond was good.although our room was right in front of the elevator so we had no view of the atrium. They did try to double charge me for the room tho. But we got that taken care off and the girl i dealt with was professional about it.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
cathy
"Excellent Choice"
It was excellent, the room was clean, spacious, close to the mall and restaurants. The only suggestion I would have is to have the bar open later then 11:00pm, for guests that are staying there, it was nice to hang out. I mean the pool is open till midnight, why not the bar!
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
stefanie
"Always as like"
Just as good stay with reasonable price
4 night business trip May 10, 2015
Gi
"perfect"
Very nice stay.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Hampton
"Best deal I have found on Hotels.com"
Best deal I have found on Hotels.com mobile special i
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
"Excellent spot to relax!"
Great place to stay and unwind from the hustle and bustle of San Diego urbanism.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"a 5star for a 3star hotel"
Suites are nice clean and very modern. Friendly awesome guest services. Will be back soon.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015