All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
4550 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA, 92122, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Rather comfortable
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad amenities
"No Premium Rooms"
Don't get fooled and get a "premium" room. There is no such thing. Positives = free made to order egg stations and breakfast with nightly manager 's cocktails. Negatives = rooms worned out, lots of stains on carpet and furniture , bathroom with mold on caulks, unfriendly front desk staff with exception of male staff (wished we remembered his name-helpful, smiling, pleasant). Don't pay for $25 parking. Lots of parking available on the streets.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"We will be back"
This is our third time staying here and so far we have always felt welcomed and taken cared of. We especially love the indoor pool and free breakfast. We feel as if we are at home.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
mrrco
"Warm Stay"
We've stay there multiple times. This is the only time that the hotel was extremely warm. It felt like there was no air conditioning in the courtyard making it very uncomfortable to enjoy being there.
2 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Leonard
"Nice breakfast"
Good place to stay. Lots of families for the weekend. Nice breakfast. Free Wifi would have been a positive.
4 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Antti
We had stayed at this hotel several times before. Overall we like this hotel, good for family. My only complaint is that we signed up for Hilton Honors programs because they told us we would get free wifi. This free wifi was basically impossible to get on. Tried for 2 hours and was finally able to get on past midnight on one of our iPads. Never worked for the other one. It is stupid to offer to customers such a useless wifi. Also wish they had more towels in the room.
3 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Xi
Hotel was very busy, but they were able to service everyone- lines in the breakfast area and happy hour bar, but not crazy.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Nelson
"Great hotel, love the allergy free room option"
They were doing some remodeling while I was there. It was nice to see that they chose to remodel before the property looked old and outdated (not waiting too long as many other hotels do). The stay was pleasant, glad to see they added a hot breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, pancakes and such so you had the option of not waiting in the always long made to order line and could still get a hot food. My only suggestions would be- get better elevators, really this is the third time I've been there this year and every time at least one elevator was not working, and provide free internet- EVERYONE else does. But overall, great experience.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Wifi didn't' work and 8th floor machines were empty all the time you showed have a better way of giving your guest what we pay for we had the same exact room on the 7th floor as well for much less and the 8th floor was a rip off since we didn't get anything more the receptionist was confuse and not helpful at all breakfast was great and we enjoyed ourselves thanks for asking. Jin
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Bahia Jina
"Hosts student events--be prepared to take the stai"
Hundreds of kids staying there for a soccer tournament. The elevators do not work properly (you have to go up to get a ride down from the third floor) and with the volume of kids and families, it became more expeditious to take the stairs--though the stairways leave you outside the building. Valet parking is an additional $35 a night. Breakfast was good but we woke early on a Sunday to avoid more of the kids in the eating areas.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"It's good but ..."
I confirmed with the hotel and Expedia that I have a suite with two double beds. When I checked in, I found its a single kind bed instead of two double beds. When I called the front desk about this, they said that all the suites with double beds are sold out and they can't do anything about this. That's very unprofessional.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Ricky
"Great experience"
Hotel was very clean and staff was super friendly. Would definitely refer friends and I would absolutely stay there again
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
It was enjoyable for the most part. We did ask for an extension of 30 minutes and it was denied due to over booking, which was the first place this has ever happened at.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Ugh"
Too many things were broken or inadequate to handle the hoard of families staying there. For example the desk lamp was broken, the parking machine did not recognize my room key after check in, the extra blanket smelled like old farts and the vanity sink drained very slowly just to mention a few. If you want more privacy, better quality and greater peace of mind, go elsewhere. Totally not worth the 300+ dollars per night.
2 night business trip Jul 24, 2015
Great breakfast for all the family! Close to the highway, but we missed the nice evening walks you get closer to the beach areas in La Jolla.
6 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Camilla
"OK but expensive...."
Nice hotel but sofa bed was very uncomfortable. Premier floors with credenza had limited offerings and sometimes didn't work. Found empty soda bottles and cup behind the sofa.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
The room is a little dated and smells. Doors didn't shut properly. I called twice for extra towels that never came. I ended up going to the front desk to get my own. Parking is $25 and wifi is at an extra cost. I will not stay at this hotel again.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Unhappy campers"
Ok I think Embassy Suites are great for families and we have stayed at many of them over the years. But this stay in La Jolla with our grandchildren was not so good. The wait for the elevators was terrible every morning when you wanted to go down for breakfast. We had to call down for towels two times during our five day stay. One day we got back to our room at 4:30 and the room wasn't even cleaned. On Monday morning I called down to the front desk at 9:15 and asked what time the breakfast was being served until and was told 10:30 when we got down to eat it was closed. I called the desk back and she told me oh I am sorry that is only on the weekends. One more thing they tack on $25 dollars a day for parking and the price of the room is already expensive ! One good thing was the breakfast they provide it was very nice.
5 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Diana
"All good except the WiFi"
For some reason, WiFi was extremely unreliable and unfortunately I couldn't finish my work through WiFi and had to rely on my Cell phone Data connection to do my office work - very painful on a small screen. Hope they improve the WiFi connection and it doesn't keep dropping every 5 minutes.
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Virad
"Hotel is shabby"
Stayed two nights. Housekeeping didn't clean the room. Front desk staff were great. Bar staff and breakfast staff were unpleasant. Wouldn't stay there again and I usually love Embassy Suites.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
martina
"It was great! Close to everything"
It was excellent! Best hotel I've stayed so far. Shopping mall & restaurants are right across the hotel.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"A place to stay will come back here again"
It was excelent
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Lourdes
"Good place always to stay"
Place was very clean. Love the breakfast in the morning. We had a minor mishap, but the staff was amazing to resolve all concerns. We will always stay in the Embassy suite. Love it!
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Debbie
"So-So Embassy - Elevator Issues"
Embassy Suites are typically nice and easy to stay at but this one is difficult to get in and out of the hotel area to drive to the parking lot. Which was $25/night/car and not mentioned on Hotel.com as an extra charge. Room said slept 5, king bed and pull out sleeps 4 w/ my math so called for roll-away-bed - yep extra charge for that so one slept on the floor. Main problem with Embassy Suites was the elevators were under repair, so only 2 out of 4 were operating. Not bad if the stairs from each floor went to the main lobby but NO stairs went outside. So each time we wanted to leave our floor it was 10 - 20 min WAIT. Leaving the hotel took so long we took an elevator UP to go down or I would probably still be there waiting to leave the hotel. Explanation "routine maintenance, so sorry." Really, in July probably the busiest vacation time for San Diego and you have "routine maintenance" on your elevators? They did remove the parking charge from my bill. If staying here, before you book, suggest calling to make sure elevators are up and running. Location is nice, right across from a major mall and easy to get to from just about anywhere in San Diego.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Parking"
Save $25 a day and park on street around the corner . About 1/4 mile nice walk on sidewalks . Nice breakfast and rooms are large and in pretty good shape.
4 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
tim
"Getting tired?"
We've stayed at this hotel several times (although it's been a few years since the last time) and found it to be comfortable, clean and the staff friendly. This time was very similar, although I have to say that some things seem a little tired. The refrigerator in our room did not close properly without taking care to do so. When we checked in to our room the door had not been closed all the way and there was a wall of ice on the inside back. I placed my items in the fridge and didn't worry too much about it. Over the next few days (we stayed for 3 nights) the ice began to melt and water spilled out onto the carpet. We took the now loosened chunk of ice out and mopped up the carpet. The refrigerator kept our food cold, but the carpet was a mess. We did let the hotel know about the problem upon leaving. The other issue we had was with the couch. Thankfully we did not need to make up the bed on the couch, but sitting on it was interesting. It dipped deeply in the middle. Like I said...some things seemed to be getting tired.
3 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Virginia
"La Jolla for the day"
My family stayed for one night. We appreciate the great last minute rate through hotels.com considering it was comic con weekend. The whole experience was comfortable and the parking was very convenient. (The only bummer was the slow elevators, even with 3 running.) We could not believe the quality of the complimentary breakfast buffet and evening reception, considering the low rate we paid for the room. There was a British gentlemen there hosting and cleaning who was a big help. He deserves a promotion. We'll be back!
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"La Jolla gem with breakfast and happy hour!"
This is by far my favorite chain of hotels. You get the most bang for your buck! I only feel that parking should be free because in most Embassy Suites it is. Also the elevators were getting stuck, thank god I was on the 2nd floor. Great Breakfast and great service overall!
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Christian
The free drinks at night and free breakfast in the AM more than make up for paying to park!!!
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Plenty of room for family of 5. Breakfast was great. Very clean. Not bad for the nightly fee. Would stay here again
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Gret staff bartender was great I don't remember her name but she was short and brownish blond hair I believe she was from Texas
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
"Very disappointing experience!!!"
We booked this hotel and were very disappointed. There was absolutely nothing luxurious about this place for the price. Housekeeping was very poor, broken elevators and no bellmen or carts available to transport our luggage to our room. With this in mind, it took 1 1/2 hours to get our luggage to our room. Indoor pool seemed dirty and stinky. No bueno..So sad we wasted our money!!!!
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, clóset to shopping and restaurantes"
Nice hotel, been the re before so we knew what to expect, clean, close to restaurants and shops, big rooms, very safe neighborhood.
Clau
"vey nice hotel and would definitely recommend it"
Had anise time staff was helpful and friendly , the breakfast was great. The only thing that was a surprise was the $25 charge to park in the garage.
Sal
Decent hotel. Good breakfast. Very friendly staff. 2ofmthe 4'elevators,were broken which made getting up and down very slow, and hot, as there was no air in the elevator.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Amazing!!! Everything was perfect. Our room. The staff. I was even treated to a glass of wine in the bar. The staff in the bar was just incredible!!! Thank you for everything!!!
Catherine
It was our first time staying at this hotel and we loved it. The breakfast was amazing and my kids enjoyed the stay.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Great area;walking distance to dining and shoping"
Had an great experience! The staff was friendly and helpful, the complimentary perks were outstanding. The only flaw were the Hotel elevators; the wait time was more than usual since one elevator was down for maintenance. This hotel is definitely at the top of my list for my next visit.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Rich
Great. The room is very big for our family and is clean. The breakfast is excellent. There is also snacks available and happy hour. We really enjoy our stay. Thanks,
6 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
Haiyan
Friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Greg
"Elevator"
The elevator was slow coz 2 were down.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Awsome"
it was very relaxing and nice.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
twanna
"Felt like home"
We will definitely be back. Felt like I was lounging at home.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Mila
"Great stay, despite broken elevators."
The hotel is excellent and we had great service. The 2 hour happy hour is fantastic and the breakfast buffet was very nice. All of the bar staff and the dining staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was a suite with a very comfortable king sized bed in the bedroom, a spacious bathroom and a sofa bed in the living area. My husband brought his computer and had a desk with plenty of space to work. There was an issue with the elevators. Out of 4, 2 were not working. We stayed on the 2nd floor and it wasn't to inconvenient to use the stairs (although you had to go outside in order to come back in). Whenever an elevator finally did make it to our floor, it was too full for us to fit. Granted, we were there on the 4th of July and I am sure that the hotel was at or near capacity. I did mention my dissatistiaction with elevators to the young lady at the reception desk and she was very apologetic and also offered to comp us for our parking fee, which would have been $25.00. Overall, it was a great stay for a fair price especially considering it was the 4th of July.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"San Diego 4th of July 2015"
Great family stay! Elevators were being updated so long waits at times but other than that I would stay again and recommend it!! Breakfast buffet was good lots of choices. Happy family :-))
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Nice and clean hotel"
Our Stay at the embassy hotel for one night for our trip to sea world was awesome The room was very clean! And the complimentary breakfast was really good too will consider stay here again in the future! and very close to the mall and not to far from sea world!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Lizvett
"Wonderful stay"
Very nice room and staff was very pleasant too. Complimentary cooked to order breakfast was to die for. Will definitely stay here on next San Diego trip.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Derrick
"Stellar Stay"
My stay was absolutely amazing!!
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Anise
"Nice, comfortable , perfect location"
Bed & pillow was awesome, breakfast was very good. Location was perfect. Parking fee is high.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Very comfortable beds. Lots of space in the room. Excellent breakfast!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Beth
"Family fun near the beach"
The hotel is conveniently located near a major freeway and within walking distance of nice shopping and dining areas. The breakfast was outstanding and the service was excellent. The neighborhood is safe and La Jolla Cove is within a short drive. The parking is a little overpriced. I'm not even sure why there is a fee for parking. Only quest of the hotel use the parking garage. San Diego's major tourist attractions are about a 15 min drive.
5 night family trip Jun 27, 2015