All hotels in Akron, Ohio, United States of America
120 Montrose West Ave, Akron, OH, 44321, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Will not go back."
The room that we got was not like the picture showed: 2 double beds side by side. We got a bed and sleeper sofa which needed to be made. The mattress was disgusting, stains all over it. And talking to another guest, we paid $20 more than they did.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Bridget
"Great place, large rooms."
The outside of this hotel needs some love - paint, shingles, etc. The pool was...oddly managed (there was a hose that apparently we weren't allowed to move or turn off). Beyond that though, the rooms were wonderful and spacious. We probably could have put all 6 of us in one room and still had room to breathe. But two rooms were fine. Only stayed for one night, but I'd come back here if another trip to Akron was in our future. The plethora of restaurants nearby also made this a treat.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Adam
We had a wonderful time. The staff was super-friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Very close to all our planned activities in Fairlawn and West Akron.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Deborah
Not worth the money
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Will stay again"
Friendly staff, nice breakfast, location great
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Lynn
Hotel looks run down. Guests upstairs had a dog or something kept on running all night and make noise Could not sleep . Ok for the price
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
krushnakant
Easy stay and patient with me on a late checkout.
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
"Great deal for the money..."
A very impressive room! Full kitchen & living room area. Two closets. Hotel caters to working class families. Lots of kids in the pool. Real eggs at the breakfast (rare!) Buildings are beat up. Across the street from several restaurants and bars. Nice desk staff.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2015
Stanley
"Ummm ummm, comfort!"
Pool was cold in July, but it's Ohio. Extremely comfortable room. Loved the room layout. They're remodeling, but I was overly pleased. Good breakfast. Excellent scrambled eggs. I rebooked for a weekend next month.
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
"Great inexpensive place to stay"
My stay was wonderful my husband an I stayed here for a weekend getaway an it was great .I just wish they had an indoor pool
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Alberta
What an incredible bargain! Kitchen, living room and bedroom at a bargain price.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
Good Morning David, Thank you for your comments! We are doing many updates and would like to invite you back to stay with us, if you have any upcoming events or need for lodging, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and we will make sure you are taken care of. Again, thank you for your feedback. Narkita Director of Sales
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"Hawthorn Experience in Akron"
Overnight stay. Looks and feels dated. Was surprised, for a Wyndham property. Staff was pleasant. Average quality.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
Dear Theresa, Thank you for your feedback and choosing to stay at our property. We are currently undergoing a renovation to our property... landscaping, painting rooms, new carpet, new mattress and bedding. It is our desire to increase from an average stay to a great stay. Please join us again when you are in our area, as we believe you will enjoy our renovations. We appreciate your feedback, we do read them and use this as a tool to better our property and guests experience. Thanks, Narkita Director of Sales
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Theresa
Did not clean rooms on weekend. Ok breakfast. Exterior needs work.
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Joshua
"A lot of Space for the Buck!"
This room had ample space for my grand mother, mother and me; with two king sized beds and a let out couch. If I had to complain about anything it was that the pull-out bed wasn't made-up. Other than that, I'd totally stay there again, as the value and location (close to many eateries) was well worth it!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Willie
"Above Average"
Friendly staff and eager to help. The room/hotel had some minor problems but nothing that would keep me from back.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
Good Morning to our valued guest, We are happy to hear that our staff was friendly and eager to help! This is a constant compliment that we hear about our property and we are proud that are staff is making sure our guests feel welcomed. We are undergoing renovations currently and would like you to join us again in the near future, as we know you will enjoy the changes we are making. Again, thank you for your feedback as we do read them and use them to better our property and guests experience. Narkita Director of Sales
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
"Sacked Out"
The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable but the exterior of the hotel definitely needs some help! They spruced it up with some beautiful flowers but the buildings are deteriorating. The rooms came with brand new mattresses (they were virgin mattresses - we were the first to sleep on them!) but there were stacks of old mattresses left on the grounds. The other odd thing was that there were laundry sacks outside of the rooms that were for soiled linens. Really tacky were we supposed to take the sheets off of the bed and put them in the sack? The upside was that the staff was very friendly and helpful.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
Dear Mary Jane, Thank you for your comments. We are happy that your experience overall was a pleasant one. However; we want to let you know that we are undergoing renovations, and the buildings will be painted and retouched in the near future. We also have begun interior painting, installing new mattresses, and the carpet and bedding is the next phase. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the mattresses outside. We had just installed 50% of the mattresses, and were donating the old mattresses to the men's shelter, however; we were awaiting the truck to put them on for removal. Please join us again, as we are making these improvements to ensure that your stay with us is a great one. Thanks, Narkita Director of Sales
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Mary Jane
"Awesome Hotel!"
It was great. I will definitely stay there again next year.
Response by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
Dear Bill, Thank you for your comments, I'm glad your stay with us was "great," and that you would "definitely" stay with us again. We are doing renovations to our property that we know will enhance your experience, so please join us again in the near future. Thanks Narkita Director of Sales
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"Rude staff"
The hotel staff was very rude and unfriendly. When I got to the counter she told me I had to wait because she had been holding her urine in for a long time. She gave me attitude because I didn't have the credit card I booked with( and I called ahead of time and they said it was fine) and when I was checking out she said she couldn't print me out my confirmation.
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
"Spacious rooms but..."
The rooms are outdated and need a serious renovations. We spotted ants in the room.
3 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
It was a two night stay during a long roadtrip. Overall the value of the room for the cost was good. The property is older and it shows bit nothing that would keep me from going back. It is also in a good location near lots of acctractions, stores, and food options.
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Adriana
"Wyndham teview"
Need to upgrade outside
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Warn room"
Air conditioner was frozen up. We had to change rooms in the rain. Probably will not stay here again
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
troy
"Mostly satisfied."
No towels for two days -- had to request them. Housekeeping left door cracked open - room stayed unlocked all day. Front desk was very helpful and pleasant. Housekeeping staff issues were the only problem.
3 night family trip May 28, 2015
"Great Value"
This is the second time I've stayed here. Its obviously an older property that they are slowing improving. There was a bit of an improvement since the last time I was here. The value is good because the price is good. We stayed in the Executive Penthouse and it was like a two bedroom, two bath apartment.
2 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Quick trip"
Convenient food and eway close by. Check-in and out process was too long.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Marvin
"Repeat visitor"
This is the fifth time over the past year we have stayed at this hotel. The price is right for the room and although it is older and needs some cosmetic up keep the rooms are nice and the breakfast is always good. We like the quiet comfort
1 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
"Good room for the price."
I enjoyed a nice quiet stay. Just a few comments. The laundry room could be a little cleaner but, washing machines and dryers are kind of crummy at most hotels. The breakfast is great...lot's to choose from but, I did not see plain old packaged oatmeal and there was no plain old Cheerios. The internet was difficult to maneuver but, I got by with not being in my chat room. Outside my room were cig butts and used rubber gloves in the ground cover.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Jenny
"Repeat stay"
This is my fourth time staying here so it obviously is my hotel of choice when I come to Akron. This trip I had an issue with the TV reception But this was a direct TV problem. The hotel is very nice and always quite and peaceful. The breakfast is acceptable and the associates are friendly.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
Looks like floor is never mopped every after guest.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Poor Conditions"
The front desk staff was extremely helpful and cordial. However the property condition and the room itself was less than desirable. I took pictures of stains on the furnishings, cup rings on tables, hair stuck to the bathroom door, etc. I had actually booked the room for two nights and cancelled the second night. I do want to say that the front desk staff and the housekeeping staff were very nice.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Not bad..."
The hotel staff were all very friendly and professional. The room was fine, maid service excellent, etc. The only down side to the hotel was the property itself needed a lot of refurbishing and litter cleaned up. Breakfast attendant and food was very good.
3 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
Janice
"Stayed over Easter 2015"
Couldn't coordinate the cleaning lady for the first 3 days of our stay. The lady at the front desk in her late 20's maybe...early 30's was DOA. No personality, every word she said was a struggle. The people upstairs sounded like they were moving furniture until 1:00 am every day. The breakfast was good, the grounds were good, and the price was good.
5 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
"It was ok"
Room wasn't the cleanest or nicest. Pull out couch was gross. There was a nail sticking out of the floor strip at the bathroom door. Service was excellent. It was ok for a quick overnight just passing through.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Long Weekend in Copley, OH"
A tired but comfortable hotel of suites. Bedding was very comfortable, kitchen OK, nice work station, but carpeting was totally worn out.
Geo
"Akron over night stay"
Due to 2 dogs traveling with us, this hotel was adequate. $75 price for queen bed, fold out sofa sleeper, kitchenette with full refrigerator, microwave, range with oven, and dishwasher. While the linens were clean, the structure and contents need more attention. Mattress sunken at center was terrible for 2 adults. This needs replacement ASAP. The tile floor in shower had uninvited roach.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"No Internet. They didn't care. Had no plans to fix"
Falling into disrepair. No internet, even in the lobby. Staff said it had been that way for a long time, didn't intend to fix it during our 3 day stay or anytime soon. Hopeless. Listed as a three star, but definitely a one star. The rooms were roomy ... and not clean.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Decent budget suite lodging."
This place served its purpose. If you are looking for a suite on a budget with no frills, this place is great. If you are looking for a high end hotel suite, this is not the location. It was clean and the staff helpful. However, this place has seen better days. We needed a replacement microwave and several lightbulbs upon checking in.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
kate
Terrible...advertise fireplace in rooms that dont work.. young kids evreywhere. And i had to park across the street
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
they had the wrong reservation date for us even though expedia and our email confirmation had the right date toilet didnt work door barely opened correctly, only if handle pulled up instead of normally down
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
steve
"Little things need attention"
Sausage links not served on weekend , not weekdays - why ? Clean wire racks in closets, clean floor of furnace closet . New light bulb in bathroom . Somebody needs a checklist operating -- these items seem neglected for months . 20 minutes each room just one time would fix 80 % of little problems. Nicely located property , near a lot of good places eat , shop .
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
weekend fun 2
"Broke my back"
I came to this hotel for a get away from the stresses of home. The suite was very clean and cozy. It came equipped with everything I needed to make me feel at home. The only this that I didn't like was the extra firmness of the bed. My first night their was difficult sleeping on such a firm mattress it actually felt hard. My back hurted so bad I left the next day. I couldn't sleep on it again. I would come back to this hotel but I will bring my air mattress.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Tanika
"relaxin in akron"
Great
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
wendell
"this hotel was close to the funeral ."
everything was uneventful. the only thing is, i paid different prices for two of the same rooms.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Great service, nice room!"
The hotel staff was great when we checked in late at night. Apparently the room we booked through the site didn't even exists, but the desk clerk bumped us up to the penthouse room free of charge. Room was really cool, like being in a small apartment. Very quiet too.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
"nice room"
i got 2 rooms exactly the same, but for some reason, one cost more than the other. it was a ok place to stay.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Stay was very disturbing. I had stayed at this location the previous year, without any problems or complaints. However, this trip was very disappointing. I was assigned 2 different rooms, one of which was just a little better than the previous one. I would not recommend this location.
10 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Betty
"Clean, Water pressure great, bed comfort soso."
We stayed in the 2 bed room, 2 bath. It was very nice. For almost the same price as a regular hotel we enjoyed each others company in the living room, but then had our own space for alone time. As for the room it was clean, the bed was not bad but also not the most comfortable, lots of pillows. The shower was great, a lot of water pressure. Hot food to choose from for breakfast.
3 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Gene
"nothing special."
Needs to be updated and deep cleaned. Staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Disgrace to the Wyndham Name"
The rooms look nothing like the picture. The outside needs paint, wood decking replacement, cleaning around & under the exterior steps. The inside needs new carpeting, new sleeper sofa mattress, bath tub drains need snaked/cleared, update phone system in rooms, house keeping present.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Eli
"Not bad but an update wouldn't hurt"
This was the first time I've stayed here. It wasn't bad but a bit dated. A pretty good value
mike