All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
127 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Okay...but rude and elitist staff"
I thought the hotel was nice but the staff were elitist. It was frustrating to arrive and be told we had to provide a $300 deposit that would be held on our card until we departed. They were also fairly rude about the deposit and acted as if it was common knowledge. I didn't particularly like the location and the rooms were very small.
4 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
"Nice room"
Great room with comfortable bed. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!
3 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Bradley
Nice , clean hotel in midtown. Good service. Restaurant and bar next door convenient but pricey
2 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Jesus
"One of the best values in Union Square"
I've stayed here twice. This is an old building with nicely remodeled rooms that all seem to be unique. The location is great. I haven't used the valet as I take the train into the city, so I can't speak to that. I can say that the staff is exceptional. Both times I overheard people checking out thanking the front desk profusely for something they'd done during their stay. The elevators are very slow, so it's sometimes easier to just take the stairs from the lobby. But all in all, it's a great place to stay.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Consumer
"Comfortable one night stay"
Spent a night at hotel Abri. The room is small by American standards but it was very nicely set up, cosy and comfortable. Very friendly and helpful hotel staff. Was given a nice, quiet room on request and had a great night sleep.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
dkasyap
"Excellent location and close to everything"
I booked this hotel going off of some of the other reviews that I read and they are all true. My wife and I did a quick trip to San Fran to see a concert at the Regency Ballroom and this hotel is close to a lot of stuff! We took the BART from SFO and got off at the Powell St station. The hotel is barely a block away and is only a couple blocks from Union Square and lots of shopping and food. We even walked to the Regency Ballroom which was around 8 blocks away (on Van Ness), but we stopped for a drink at Rye on the way and it broke up the walk. The hotel itself was much nicer than I had expected and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. They even upgraded us to a suite with a separate couch, chair, and another TV and desk which was nice. The bathroom was really nice and clean. The only thing I would say is that the AC units didn't work that well as they were older but it was such a little thing we didn't notice. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Great Union Square Hotel"
Really great location right at union square. You can tell it's been recently updated and nicely done. Room a bit small but we'll laid out and no problem at all. Nothing bad to say.
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
derek
"Recommend hotel"
Great hotel. Very clean and amazing service. Walking distance to awsome shopping and great food.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Craig
"Wonderful Accommodation at a Reasonable Price"
Perfect Location, right near the heart of everything you want to do in San Francisco. Great staff, super nice interior, very clean rooms and reasonably priced. Essentially everything you want in a hotel. I was upgraded to a suite for no charge, but people were even talking about how nice the regular rooms were. Adult focused slightly, but great for a weekend away. (Complimentary shots when I checked in.) Upgraded to a suite for free. Attentive staff, I went out on a Friday night and they had a 24hr door man that is outside for security's sake. Plus always someone at the desk, happy to help you with anything. They watched my luggage for over 2 days and saw them helping others with maps, what to do, etc....All in all I will definitely be staying here again when I return to SF.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Craig
"Awesome"
The location is superb! Jonathan was extremely helpful and made you feel at home.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Good
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
carlos
"Great location - great experience"
This place well exceeded my expectations, close to everything and yet quiet. Rooms are not large, however well layed out and efficient. Bed and Desk fit well into space. Great large shower. Would recommend to friends that need to stay close to Moscone Center or shopping or good restaurants.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Very friendly and helpful staff."
All the desk staff were very helpful and friendly as were the staff in the restaurant. We appreciated all the efforts to concern on water and be more "green"
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Awesome Union Square Hotel"
Perfect location with exceptionally friendly staff! Nicelly renovated older hotel. Very clean!!!
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Anthony
Good Service and Clean Rooms. The location is at the heart of San Francisco which is great for tourists.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Close to the cable cars"
Nice older hotel in good condition. Lovely and very accommodating staff. Would like a better breakfast option/offering.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
carrie
"Nice hotel in Union Square."
Union Square is a LOUD place-not the hotel's fault. Otherwise, wonderful.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Robin
Great hotel! Friendly helpful staff, nice modern decor, clean spacious rooms, excellent location! My 3rd floor room faced the street and the first night I was there (Sunday) it was rather noisy until late in the night for some reason...not really the hotel can control... the other 2 nights were just fine and I slept like a baby in their very comfy bed!
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Dwight
"Charming and busy"
I really liked the hotel. It sits in a fun--if noisy--neighborhood. The upside of that is that there are places to eat and shop. The neighborhood has character. The downside is that if you're a light sleeper, the night life (and occasional siren) might keep you awake. But just ask for an interior room vs. a street-side room. The room was spacious (not cramped but not palatial) and comfortable, though the bed was a bit saggy. The wifi worked fine. I also really liked the adjacent restaurant, Puccini & Pinetti. I had two wonderful meals there, so there was no need to venture out, though I could have.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Darrell
"5 day stay"
I asked for an interior room for less noise but it only had one small window which faced unattractive courtyard. Ask for a room with 2 windows if it's available for more natural light in the room.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
jw
"Centrally located"
We had originally booked another hotel in the Soma area, but changed it to this location as we wanted to be closer to shopping and mass transit. It ended up being the best decision we could have ever made! The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, and although the building was a bit older, it wasn't short on charm and maintained extremely well! There is an excellent restaurant on the ground floor if you want great food but don't want to go far. The staff was always friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely happy to help us with anything that we needed. Our street-side room was a little noisy in the evenings, but the king-sized bed and heavy curtains made up for it! On our last day, our flight was delayed. We were worried that we were going to have to roam around downtown for two hours before catching the BART back to the airport. But the staff was able to extend our checkout time to accommodate us! This hotel was simple and easy to get in and out of. The hotel room windows even opened nice and wide, affording us an unbeatable opportunity for people-watching and a fresh breeze. We recommend this hotel for tourists and business travelers alike.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Collin
"Centrally located hotel"
This is a good hotel to stay at if you want to explore the Union Square shopping district. If you are up for walking, it is also within walking distance or easy BART or cable car transportation to most of the "touristy" areas of San Francisco. Did not check the bus lines, but I am sure you could probably find one going the direction you want to go. Don't walk too far to the west of the hotel (away from Market St), the neighborhood gets a little rough. Our room overlooked the central air well, but the building is big enough that we were not staring directly into anyone else's window. Noise from other rooms carries, so bring earplugs if you think that might bother you. Window unit air conditioner worked well, and provided some "white noise" cover. You will have to pay a lot more money in this area to get a quieter hotel, so the trade off was worth it to me. Rooms are small because that's how they used to build hotels, but very nicely refurbished. Overnight parking rate was commiserate with the area.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ann
"Great location, zero workspace or cell signal"
Hotek abri is clean, comfortable and has a fantastic location in the union square neighborhood with a very short walk to Bart stations along market street as well as union square. Pros: location, clean, friendly staff, free wifi Cons: no central a/c so loud window unit, small rooms, no desk or table, no cell signal in room, paucity of electrical outlets
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Great time, fairly small hotel though. Boutique style
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Little Abri"
Comfy,clean and friendly staff. Although room was smaller then expected for a King and elevator was not working in the evening. Tipped Valet when he brought my car thought he'd help with luggage but disappeared.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Maria
"Bad"
this hotel wouldn't let me get a refund or reschedule my stay. Never had a hotel not let me reschedule or give me a refund. I'll never stay here again.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
ivan
"Holiday"
The hotel was very nice and we thought it would be a great few days. The first time we tried to get our car from the parking valet we waited 45 minutes making us 30 minutes late for an appointment. The other thing is the room we had, 208 was right on the street and all night we heard the garbage trucks and the fumes were really really awful in the room I am a lung cancer survivor and really was not at all comfortable. I think you should caulk the windows, breathing that air was not good. We were never offered compensation for the car park or the fumes which I think we should have been.
1 night trip with friends Mar 2, 2015
Helen
"Location, location, location"
Great location, clean and comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. What more could you ask for?!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
The hotel was in a great location and the room was clean. We had problems with the elevator, it was extremely slow (when it worked). The elevator wasn't working during the second half of my visit. Overall, Hotel Abri is a good value and in a great location. Also very close to shopping.
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Jarrett
"Nice location, room could have been larger"
Great location and quiet place. Service was just discrete enough. Room size was a little under my standard
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Great stay, I'd stay here again"
We loved Abri! We checked in late after booking same-day through Hotels.com, and when we checked in we were upgraded to a suite room! View was nonexistent, but that's alright, the room made up for it. Very clean and tremendously comfortable bed and we very much appreciated the blackout drapes. I only wish that room service began before 11 for breakfast. Also, my boyfriend found the pillows uncomfortable, but I thought they were good. There was no hand soap when we first got in the room, but the concierge was very kind in bringing some up. Also, we LOVED the many discounts that you receive for the restaurant downstairs.. 20% off lunch or brunch when you check in, and a $5 voucher for any day you decline housekeeping in an effort to "go green", which is nice. And free wine if you store your bags for the last day before you fly home! The restaurant downstairs is fairly priced and yummy, but there are lots of options to eat staying in that part of town. Overall, a great stay and I would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Hannah
"Almost made it..."
They did a fantastic job with what they had. Beautiful decor, very clean rooms, great service but the walls were thin and the view was directly into other hotel rooms. Very close to Union Square.
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Michele
"The Ideal Place"
Our stay here was really good. Our room was facing the street side, so we can definitely hear the cars honking and motorcycle engines roaring, and we were on the 4th floor. Everything else was great. The staff are nice people and the location is right near everything. I will definitely look at using this hotel again for my next trip to San Francisco.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Sophorn
"Abri Getaway"
No complaints
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Gabriel
"Hip hotel near Union Square"
Great location, nice room, comfy bed. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Close to BART, nice employees"
Only one elevator worked and was slow. Close to BART and good restaurants and Union square
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Mother/daughter trip to San Francisco"
This was a mother daughter getaway and we picked this hotel just from the description on Hotels.com. What a great place to stay!! Yes, the room is small. But it was perfect for the two of us. The bathroom was a nice size and very clean. The staff was very helpful and the hotel is in a great location!! A block and a half from the Powell Street Station and the cable car turnaround. Lots of shopping in this area. There were two elevators and only one worked but we made do. The weekend we stayed there were three celebs staying there as well. John Cho of Harold and Kumar fame was there, rode down the elevator with Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees and Debbie Harry of Blondie was sitting in the lobby on the couch as well!! We will definitely stay there again the next time we go to San Francisco. The price was right and you are right in the middle of everything!!
4 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
"Nice neighborhod, no views."
The room was a suite but view was walls of other rooms.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
mahsa
"Away in the City"
Decided to head to sf for the weekend. Wanted to stay somewhere to see what SF was all about so, I choose to stay somewhere that has high foot traffic. The hotel was a clean friendly small boutique hotel. However the location especially if your walking around at night, wasnt really my cup of tea. It was a great hotel, but I still prefer to stay in a Larger franchise. Especially late at night. From this trip i realize union square isn't really my ideal place to stay. but 4 star for a great hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
Wayne
We had a queen size room. The lobby has some nice seating and a fireplace, which was handy when some friends were waiting for us to get ready for a dinner out.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
G
Really nice hotel, but the neighborhood is not the best..
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Odd Ivar
"Hotel Abri"
Very good overall, but a loud, intermittent buzzing noise, woke me up each morning around 5am. Seemed to be coming from the ceiling (I was on the top floor), and made getting back to sleep difficult.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2015
Adam
"Abri review."
Everything was great overall, except I was kept awake a few times by an unidentified intermittent buzzing noise coming from the ceiling that would kick in around 5am each morning. Not sure where it was coming from (I was on the top floor), but it made it difficult to get back to sleep. Otherwise clean, great location, and very helpful staff.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Adam
"Great boutique hotel in the heart of downtown SF"
I was looking for a good price near BART downtown and booked at Hotel Abri because it had the best combination of price and highest overall rating. I was not disappointed. I was originally hesitant to book because other reviews mentioned feeling unsafe because of all the homeless people in the area, but it seemed pretty normal and what one would expect in a big city. I never felt unsafe. As for the hotel itself, reception was very pleasant. I arrived in the morning and they allowed me to check in early, which was greatly appreciated. As suggested in other reviews, I asked for a quiet room with and got one on the third floor. There was no view, but it was acceptably quiet. It was comfortably furnished. I had expected a tiny room based on other reviews, but I thought it was very reasonable (but perhaps it might be a bit small for more than two people). Room was very clean and had a large and equally spotless bathroom. I was very pleased. One thing I noticed was that the room was a bit cold and it wasn't particularly cold outside. There's a heating/AC window unit that helped warm things up, but I noticed that as soon as it was turned off, the room got cold again pretty quickly. This wasn't a huge problem, however, and I guess it comes with the territory when staying in a refurbished older building. Overall, I would DEFINITELY stay here again. It was a great room in a nice hotel conveniently located in the heart of downtown SF.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"48 hours of business"
Loved my room, cleaning lady was extra thorough
3 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Doug
"Nice place in SF"
The hotel is in an older building, and the rooms and lobby have been renovated. The hallways need a bit of updating, but that doesn't detract from the nicely redecorated rooms. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Fortunately for me, the hotel had several cancellations due to east coast weather and I was upgraded to a suite and was able to secure a late checkout.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Greg
"Great location in SF"
Hotel located within walking distance of shopping on market st. Staff was friendly room very clean. One drawback was noise from the street due to window heating/cooling unit but probably could have asked for a non street facing room. We had breakfast at Taylor st. Coffee shop short walk from hotel great food. Will stay again when visiting the city.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
danita
Nice stay. Right near the financial district which is convienant. Staff is very professional. Would recommend
3 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
mike
"Definitely Would Stay Again"
Very nice hotel in the heart of Union Square. Close to BART and the cable car turnaround. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The service staff can be a bit noisy in the hallways, but they're keeping the hotel very clean and in ship shape. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Loved the hotel"
Everything from the moment we entered to when we left we loved the place. I stayed for 3 nights with my wife and we not only liked the facilities and staff but also the location. Its amazingly well located near the first cable car line from Market Street and many restaurants. Union Square is just two blocks away. Many people complaint about homeless and begging people around, but thats not inherent to the hotel, but to San Francisco. Also, thank you Expedia for the room upgrade as a +gold rewards member.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015