All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
127 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Almost made it..."
They did a fantastic job with what they had. Beautiful decor, very clean rooms, great service but the walls were thin and the view was directly into other hotel rooms. Very close to Union Square.
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Michele
"The Ideal Place"
Our stay here was really good. Our room was facing the street side, so we can definitely hear the cars honking and motorcycle engines roaring, and we were on the 4th floor. Everything else was great. The staff are nice people and the location is right near everything. I will definitely look at using this hotel again for my next trip to San Francisco.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Sophorn
"Abri Getaway"
No complaints
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Gabriel
"Hip hotel near Union Square"
Great location, nice room, comfy bed. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Close to BART, nice employees"
Only one elevator worked and was slow. Close to BART and good restaurants and Union square
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Mother/daughter trip to San Francisco"
This was a mother daughter getaway and we picked this hotel just from the description on Hotels.com. What a great place to stay!! Yes, the room is small. But it was perfect for the two of us. The bathroom was a nice size and very clean. The staff was very helpful and the hotel is in a great location!! A block and a half from the Powell Street Station and the cable car turnaround. Lots of shopping in this area. There were two elevators and only one worked but we made do. The weekend we stayed there were three celebs staying there as well. John Cho of Harold and Kumar fame was there, rode down the elevator with Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees and Debbie Harry of Blondie was sitting in the lobby on the couch as well!! We will definitely stay there again the next time we go to San Francisco. The price was right and you are right in the middle of everything!!
4 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
"Nice neighborhod, no views."
The room was a suite but view was walls of other rooms.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
mahsa
"Away in the City"
Decided to head to sf for the weekend. Wanted to stay somewhere to see what SF was all about so, I choose to stay somewhere that has high foot traffic. The hotel was a clean friendly small boutique hotel. However the location especially if your walking around at night, wasnt really my cup of tea. It was a great hotel, but I still prefer to stay in a Larger franchise. Especially late at night. From this trip i realize union square isn't really my ideal place to stay. but 4 star for a great hotel.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
Wayne
We had a queen size room. The lobby has some nice seating and a fireplace, which was handy when some friends were waiting for us to get ready for a dinner out.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
G
Really nice hotel, but the neighborhood is not the best..
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Odd Ivar
"Hotel Abri"
Very good overall, but a loud, intermittent buzzing noise, woke me up each morning around 5am. Seemed to be coming from the ceiling (I was on the top floor), and made getting back to sleep difficult.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2015
Adam
"Abri review."
Everything was great overall, except I was kept awake a few times by an unidentified intermittent buzzing noise coming from the ceiling that would kick in around 5am each morning. Not sure where it was coming from (I was on the top floor), but it made it difficult to get back to sleep. Otherwise clean, great location, and very helpful staff.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Adam
"Great boutique hotel in the heart of downtown SF"
I was looking for a good price near BART downtown and booked at Hotel Abri because it had the best combination of price and highest overall rating. I was not disappointed. I was originally hesitant to book because other reviews mentioned feeling unsafe because of all the homeless people in the area, but it seemed pretty normal and what one would expect in a big city. I never felt unsafe. As for the hotel itself, reception was very pleasant. I arrived in the morning and they allowed me to check in early, which was greatly appreciated. As suggested in other reviews, I asked for a quiet room with and got one on the third floor. There was no view, but it was acceptably quiet. It was comfortably furnished. I had expected a tiny room based on other reviews, but I thought it was very reasonable (but perhaps it might be a bit small for more than two people). Room was very clean and had a large and equally spotless bathroom. I was very pleased. One thing I noticed was that the room was a bit cold and it wasn't particularly cold outside. There's a heating/AC window unit that helped warm things up, but I noticed that as soon as it was turned off, the room got cold again pretty quickly. This wasn't a huge problem, however, and I guess it comes with the territory when staying in a refurbished older building. Overall, I would DEFINITELY stay here again. It was a great room in a nice hotel conveniently located in the heart of downtown SF.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"48 hours of business"
Loved my room, cleaning lady was extra thorough
3 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Doug
"Nice place in SF"
The hotel is in an older building, and the rooms and lobby have been renovated. The hallways need a bit of updating, but that doesn't detract from the nicely redecorated rooms. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Fortunately for me, the hotel had several cancellations due to east coast weather and I was upgraded to a suite and was able to secure a late checkout.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Greg
"Great location in SF"
Hotel located within walking distance of shopping on market st. Staff was friendly room very clean. One drawback was noise from the street due to window heating/cooling unit but probably could have asked for a non street facing room. We had breakfast at Taylor st. Coffee shop short walk from hotel great food. Will stay again when visiting the city.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
danita
Nice stay. Right near the financial district which is convienant. Staff is very professional. Would recommend
3 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
mike
"Definitely Would Stay Again"
Very nice hotel in the heart of Union Square. Close to BART and the cable car turnaround. The staff is extremely pleasant and helpful. The service staff can be a bit noisy in the hallways, but they're keeping the hotel very clean and in ship shape. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Loved the hotel"
Everything from the moment we entered to when we left we loved the place. I stayed for 3 nights with my wife and we not only liked the facilities and staff but also the location. Its amazingly well located near the first cable car line from Market Street and many restaurants. Union Square is just two blocks away. Many people complaint about homeless and begging people around, but thats not inherent to the hotel, but to San Francisco. Also, thank you Expedia for the room upgrade as a +gold rewards member.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Alfonso
Close to center of the city, nice and informative concierge.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Good stay"
if elevators are not working price should lower or give free water to clients. very helpful staff i asked for a quiet room and that is what I had. good use of reduced space of rooms, well organized, decorated.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
DNA
"Loved Hotel Abri!"
Went with friends for the Hot Chocolate Run. Great location, just a block away from BART, Westfield Shopping Mall and lots of awesome places to eat. We booked the Urban Suite. Nice sized room for the 3 of us with plenty of seating in the living area. Sofa bed was decent. We stayed on the top (5th floor) which was super quiet; downside was the elevator wasn't working when we got there so we had to lug our bags up, those stairs are a great workout! (Staff offered to take them up for us but we needed the workout!!) Super nice place and very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again. Restaurant has a great happy hour every day including weekends!
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
linda
"Recommend stay at Abri for the SFO Below 140USD"
Great hotel compared to others. Impressive value for money. Thanks Abri hotel
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
Philipp
"Great boutique hotel"
Lovely place! Great location. Attentive staff. Would stay again.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Tanglewood visi
"Better luck next time"
The hotel is rundown. The elevator was broken and I had to walk up and down the stairs with my suitcase. The staff could not accommodate my wanting to check in a couple of hours early. The staff was friendly though. Good location.
2 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Near Union Square"
Nice Hotel, exellent location, old elevators, one of them did not worl!
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Paco
"Nice hotel, poor water pressure."
The hotel was comfy and clean. The only complaint I have is that the water pressure was terrible and the pillows were very dense and heavy. But the location is right in the middle of Union square and a block away from public transportation. Would stay there again if the price was right.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
E
"Okay union square hotel"
Was here for New Year's Eve. Hotel was just okay. It was fairly clean, had a funny smell, and the elevator was broken the whole time we stayed. Not that I'm a lazy person, but it was annoying to walk up and down 5 flights of stairs! Here are a couple of other annoying things: zero water pressure in the shower and sink, not enough outlets in the rooms, and there was an odd smell throughout the hallways. That being said, the bed was very comfortable, and the hotel staff were extremely accommodating.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Comfortable beds, miniscule rooms."
It was a good place to land on New Year's Eve in San Francisco; but the room was significantly tiny. We live in NYC, where rooms are usually small; but this was the smallest room my husband and I have ever seen. Fine for one night, but more than that would have been a challenge for us to navigate.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Rooms are pretty small. Beds are nice & comfy. Looks and smells clean overall. Only bad thing is the street noise outside.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Mayra
"One Night Getaway"
Booked a 1 queen bed room for a one night stay. Perfect location and comfortable, clean accommodations. Staff was polite and valet parking service was efficient and timely.
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
"Sweet place to stay"
Great location and awesome staff. Rooms are on the small side but functional. I would stay here again.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
jeanine
"Our new "go to" hotel in the City!"
We had a great stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean, quiet and very comfortable. The staff is amazingly nice, professional and helpful. The location was fantastic for shopping, cable cars and Union Square. The restaurant downstairs was yummy and convenient!
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Victoria
"Perfect, if you don't mind noise or small places"
We were very disappointed. We weren't allowed to check in until 45 mins after 3pm. So sat in the lobby with our kids and luggage. I asked for some sort of compensation and she offered us 2 drink tickets to the attached bar, I mentioned we had kids so she apologized and took the tickets back. Our room was super small for being a high priced " oasis suite". The hotel is basically an old apartment complex with paint and new lights. We heard horns a day sirens, people talking all night just like all the other reviews. We had to ask for additional pillows and blankets but they took so long that we called to cancel, they ended up coming anyways and woke us up by knocking on the door and just to tell us they didn't have any other blankets. The water pressure was horrible and the window/ac unit in the Windows did not blow hot air :( This place just left us unrested and cold in the morning. We couldn't even get service at the bar/grill next door and when asked about our experience as we walked by the front desk, we let them know we weren't served. The manager asked what room we were in as if he was going to do something about it, but nothing ever happened.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Melesio Perez
"Okay"
Took 35-45 mins for valet to get the car. Girl in the front said the only had one person in valet. They charge up your card for "incidentals" that take forever to come off. Staff was friendly though. Window in room looks huge till you open the curtains and find a microscopic window in the corner. Comfy room though
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
Emmylou
"Terrible parking and noisey"
Valet parking was nonexistent. Couldn't even get to the one space to have them valet park it. Room was good but very noisy. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Wonderful hotel in Union Square"
The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. I'm really glad I stayed at the Abri!
2 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
"Good boutique hotel, very central"
Very good. Would stay again A little noisy in room. We were right above the restaurant. If you're not spending time in room it's fine. Within walking distance to so much
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Business trip"
Great location, great staff. But forgot about parking it's very expensive.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great hotel hampered by city life"
Located downtown, this hotel within a block of shopping, BART travel, many MUNI busses, and the historic Tram. Being downtown also has its drawbacks--the biggest being the noise from the bar/club across the street (the bass can be heard in your room on weekends). The room was small by non-SF standards but was clean and had a window air conditioner/heat unit (AC is not common in SF due to the mild temperatures year-round).
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"Location of hotel is very good!"
We were there for a weekend of Christmas shopping and the location was perfect. The room was very small and dark. The TV was great but again the bathroom was very small with little room for personal essentials. Only one elevator worked which made wait time excessive and only 4 people would fit in the tiny elevator.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Sandie
"Great location but super small room."
Staff was friendly and helpful. Next to a restaurant that seemed busy and fun. Great weekend.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
kelly
"I had a great visit at the Hotel Abri!"
From the moment I arrived at the Hotel Abri, I felt welcome. The young man at the front desk (who is from Oahu - I forget his name - Jeremy?) was terrific. If management is reading this - be sure you tell him you appreciate him. Check in was efficient. Room was ready and nice. Cleaners left the room fresh and clean every day. Loaned me an umbrella at the front desk (did I mention I stayed during the 50 year storm in December?). Centrally located. Some traffic noise but that is expected downtown. GREAT Italian restaurant off the lobby (which is also their room service) - YUM! This was my first time staying at the Hotel Abri - but not my last.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Lively location"
The location is very convenient very close to Union Square and transit. The room was not large but nevertheless quite comfortable. It's a lively area. Even on the 5th floor there was quite a lot of city noise at night. If you prefer quiet suggest to request an interior room. You're not missing much of a view.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
DANA
"Bring ear plugs, and still expect to get no sleep."
The room was barely the size of a small dorm room. The hotel faces a VERY noisy nightclub, so between 10pm and 2:30am, it literally sounds like there are 200 people fighting and shouting inside your room, as the windows and walls hardly offer any dampening of the outside noise. The hotel has some charm and personality, but I can't say that it's worth the sleepless nights you're going to suffer through. The bed was old and creaky.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"SF Getaway Weekend"
The main issue is there was only one elevator operational and the other elevator was extremely slow. We used the stairs all week
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Best hotel in San Francisco"
Great location Great suite Great service Everything was perfect!!!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
phil
"Very Well located"
Thin walls, old building smell is the only complaint the rest was excellent
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Annual Christmas shopping trip"
Overall a great stay. I am always hesitant to stay someplace new. But We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The decor is very tasteful and most important it was a clean hotel. I even checked out the lobby restroom, it too was very nice and clean. I will say the policy on how long you can leave your car after check out was confusing. I was told 3:00 over the phone, upon check in I was told 2:00, then at check out I was told 4:00. When going to checkout the elevators were being worked on. We were on the 5th floor with luggage and shopping bags. We called down to the lobby explained I was physically unable to take the stairs 5 floors. a staff member came up to help with the bags and the elevator worker met us on the 4th floor to take us the rest of the way down.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
X-Mas Shoppers
"Great location to Union Square."
The rooms are small but nice. The staff was very polite. We were able to park our car in the Ellis/O'Farrell garage and walk to the hotel. We may have over paid for our room because of supply and demand, $$$. At a lower rate we would stay again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014