All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
1601 N Universal Ave, I-435 & Front Street-Exit 57, Kansas City, MO, 64120, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
    2.4
    2.5
"Inside heated pool was indoor outdoor heated pool"
Over all the help was friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice sized. The only down fall was the pool. They said indoor heated pool. But actually was a indoor outdoor heated pool. It was only separated by a garage door. So with it being 20 degrees outside it mad the water cold on the inside. They could of had it warmer in the pool room to.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Marc
"Trip to Kansas City North"
The location was isolated. The restaurant in the hotel was closed forthe three days we were there. The elevator had a problem and we had to take stairs. The TV was very small and not good quality.
3 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
"worst experience ever!!"
I will say that this was one of the worst experiences I have had in a long time. First thing when we got there they said the elevator was broken so we couldn't get to our room with 2 queen beds so they offered 2 full bed on a different story. And did not offer a discount or anything for the smaller beds. Then we get to our room and it was dirty and the lights would not work. So once again we went downstairs to get yet another sub par room where there were stains on the side of the bed, the lights flickered in the bathroom, none of the TV channels would come in clear, we went to find ice and after not finding it on our floor or the first I asked and there was only ice on the 2 4 6 floor 2 of which you couldn't get to because of the elevator.... Once we finally got ice we figured out the bucket was leaking everywhere. The maid staff was rude to us both days they came into our rooms.. I can honesty say I would never go there again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Very Disappointed"
I went and reserved a room I received the confirmation number. My husband and I got there and the hotel said they didn't have any of them rooms left even tho I reserved one so they put us in a suite. I thought everything was ok at that point but in the room the toilet kept running and the TV didn't work I called the front desk and they said they couldn't do anything else for us if I would of known that they were going to put us in a room were things didn't work we would of left and went somewhere else! I'm very disappointed I thought it would be alot better
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"Slum"
There was a hole in the wall of our room and the front desk said she has told them before about it, the TV was broken. The evein front desk staff was rude. The morning one was friendly, bar staff was nice, breakfast was not good
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
erin
"Good for cheap"
Clean room kind of stuffy can't open windows. The bar and grill was decent prices and food
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"The whole bed was wet."
My sister's bed was WET. Then they brought dry sheets but didn't make up the bed and when she unfolded them she discovered there was no cover. So, she hops in the shower...and the towel is wet. And moldy. We enjoyed the location but the cleanliness was not what I expect for $100 a night.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
The rooms are dirty and outdated. The explanation stated there were flat screen TVs and wifi. The TV was not flat screen and was old with a bad picture. The wifi did not work in my room. There was only two towels and when I asked the front desk for more, they never came and I had to go get them myself. The shower was difficult to turn on and I had to bend down to use it and I'm 5 foot 5 inches! They ran out of breakfast and the rooms were muggy. Very dissatisfied!
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Katie Larson
No hot tube, room service closes early. You can find a better room for price.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
owen
"Good for a quick visit"
I chose the hotel because of location and price. The area is mostly business and industrial, a few fast food places within a short distance but I would not recommend walking in the area as there was a strong homeless element. The property itself is older, so if you're looking for an ultra modern hotel this isn't one you should choose. My concern was location, cleanliness, and comfort and this hotel fit those three requirements. My room was very clean, and there were plenty of towels. The pool is quite large, no hot tub. Breakfast was a decent selection of items and the coffee was good. The staff was helpful and I had an easy check in and out. The hallways could use some fresh paint and a good carpet cleaning.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
ArmyMomP
"Happy customer"
We stayed here for a girlfriends night out. Nice hotel in a quiet area. Comfortable and clean. Would come back again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
"Disappointing room amenities"
Came to Kansas City to run the Marathon. Was very disappointed when I got to my room and discovered there was no mini refrigerator and no microwave.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Fun stay but bad pillows"
Stayed two nights althought the room was kepet in presten condition and the staff was exelent we had to say that the pillows were horably soft so bad that the second night we went and bought better ones so we could get a better nights sleep. We will be back but we will be bringing our own pillows.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
corey
"Dirty and in a bad area"
Hotel is dirty and in a bad area.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"The staff was nice but..."
The inside pool was too cold for our daughter to swim. That is the reason we reserved the hotel room. The beds were hard and the games int eh game room didn't work.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Very retro.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
"Disappointing,"
First room, tub faucet dripped and bathroom door stuck with my 7 yr old inside. Room was large but carpet and wallpaper old. Beds were nice and comfy. 2nd day asked to move room due to dripping faucet....tried to move us to smaller room. Complained and moved to same type of room we initially had.............on the carpet near the windows was broken plaster and looked like it needed vacuuming. The heat light in bathroom was missing its cover and the knob for it was missing. Bathtub caulking was mildewed and breaking. Wireless was crappy and could only get on in the lobby.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Jerri
"Not bad"
Close to Worlds of fun. Free breakfast was nice.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
eric
"This hotel needs a renovation, much dissapointment"
When we got to hotel it looked okay from the outside. When we got to room we noticed fixtures falling off walls then when we went to turn on lights several fixtures were missing light bulbs. We then tried turning on the tv and it acted like there was a short in the tv. I called the front desk and they said I quote (we are sorry please call management after your stay) We also went to swimming pool where over half of the light fixtures were not working and the walls looked very dirty and grimm. I went to ask for a 8:30 wake up call but when that time came nobody called us. The front desk said blame the third party company for not calling you. When we woke up the wife and I were almost crying in pain from body aches from sleeping in their bads that were so unconfortble. We were deeply disappointed with this hotel. Being a Ramada you would think it would take pride in being nice. Please let others know about out poor experience.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Todd
Had to switch rooms due to no cable connection. New room's TV had awful picture quality. Wifi had awful signal. All feminine hygiene machines I'm restrooms were empty or not working and the office had nothing to help with that. Ice machines were only on 2nd and 6th floor after front desk had to look at a map to tell me that. Went to 2nd floor for ice as it was closest to find no machine. Had to go up to 6th floor for ice. Pictures online look better than what you actually get.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
"tha staff was great!!!!!"
The room was very clean. But the hallways elevator and breakfast area was really messed up. They had had a wedding The night before and the wedding party trashed everything and no effort was made to clean it up overnight.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Not cheap enough for the quality we received"
Firstly, when we checked in at 2am and we got upstairs I was "happy" to see our pillow cases and sheets were never changed. There were eyelashes and what probably was public hair in the bedsheets. We had about 1/8 of a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and it also looked like they couldn't even take the time to rinse the shower out for us. I had to ask for toilet paper in the morning and then left the "do not disturb" sign on the door and they came in anyway. i am pretty sure that was the purpose of the sign but I guess I was wrong. When we checked out they refuse to give us a reciept and we're just rude about it. I've stayed at cheaper hotels with better quality. Never again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
shanno.
"Was completely fine"
I was so scared about what this hotel was going to look like after some of the terrible reviews I saw after I booked it. Walked to the front desk and the ladies there were very kind and helpful. Got to the room & it was clean and comfortable. The only thing I would say was that the beds were too soft
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
Jennie
"hotel room"
The stay was good and affordable but the door in our room was broke the hinge on the bottom was broken so the door wouldn't even open completely I told the front desk during checkout and their reply was they knew about it and figured they would have to move us...I just found it odd they would put us in a room when they knew stuff was broken...
2 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"Eh."
Cleanliness could have been better. There were some stains on the chairs in my room. The shuttle was down still even though I booked the room 2 months in advance. I had even called them to make sure they had a shuttle.They told me that the shuttle was down but it should be running by the time we were there. I called front desk from my room and they told me that the shuttle had been down for a few months, we ended up taking the taxi. Location was not in a great place. We had woken up one day and it smelt bad. They said it was the factories around the area.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
"bad area"
Didnt realize how awful the location was, but the bar was nice, cheap happy hour.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
kara
"Sketchy and Pretty Rundown"
doors look like someone took a knife to them--so severely scratched, bathroom toilet roll was about fixture was halfway hanging off of the wall...the ice machine was 4 floors and a tower over....the phone to call front desk did not work...the cable cord to tv was pretty jank so tv had lots of static...odd but nbd there was no clock in the room. Positive-sheets appeared to be clean with no bed bugs (yes i take all the bedding off to check. Why did i stay? Bc I last minute came down to KC for MNF and everywhere was sold out. It was fine to crash at for a few hours but for any other reason or situation i would not!!
1 night trip Sep 29, 2014
Allyson
"Good for one nite stay"
The sheets where clean the price went down I will stay again .thy could clean a little better above the ac unit
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"A one or two star hotel."
Horrible smell in the room because it is surrounded by industrial areas. The fumes blew right in. The room was dated, beds were uncomfortable. TV was static, some channels were unable to watch. Needs major upgrages. Staff was very kind and helpful.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
"Bad choice"
No flatscreen like promised. Wifi down and not working during stay. Breakfast was a joke! Won't be back!!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Greg
"Friendly Staff very comfortable and at ease"
everyone was very nice and helpful,room was clean and the bed was very comfortable had a nice view of the lake and the ducks. Overall would defiantly stay there again.The only problem that we had was the Marquee was not lit up and we missed the turn,and it was not high enough to see it in the dark,needs to be higher because of surrounding bushes.But overall very nice
5 night family trip Sep 22, 2014
Grandparents
"According to the price"
It is an old hotel. The room is clean. Double beds are small, so it is small for big couples. The restaurant close very early. Good dinner I don't recommend the breakfast.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
miguelyana
"great view"
need more outdoor lighting but otherwise what I expected from 2.5 star hotel.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Eugene
"It was a cool stay but..."
The major thing I didnt enjoy about my stay was the TV now you may be sayin to ur self well who stays at a hotel and watches tv well i do. The tv is fine its just old. Also i could not connect to wifi on my iphone and ipad. The fitness center was ok the weights were old and rusted. The breakfest had no bacon the eggs were not good either but hey atleast it was free. Now I will say this the outside of the hotel and the location may look a lil dark at night and spooky but the inside it very nice. The staff was very nice the rooms were clean and the hallways were clean and did not smell. Other the small features I enjoyed my stay for the most part.
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Holly
"Stuck in an industrial park"
The lobby smelled like there was a plumbing problem. The website doesn't tell you your in the middle of an Industrial park that looks like a ghost town. There was a party one the first floor and I didn't rest because I heard music all night and I was on the 3rd floor. I was told the restaurant in the hotel closed at 9 well at 8 they said we are closed but I will take your order anyway. Needless to say my burger was still cold.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
April
"needs updated and friendlier staff"
AC and TV didnt work in room. Was moved to a smaller room. No pool available because they were being treated with chemicals and the free wifi wouldnt connect, said out of range . unfriendly staff
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Tonya
"No wifi, no pool, Broken AC full of dust etc..."
AC was plugged by huge dust, green nasty pool, low range WiFi, one toothbrush left at entire hotel. Please don't go there ! Oh yeah there was a smell at the room, elevator, hallway etc.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"for the price"
this seemed to be a really nice hotel at one time. not sure if its on its way back up or on its way down. it was a very convenient location for worlds of fun. the service was fair and the price was great. rooms on one side of the hotel are way bigger than the other side and are the same price. it was really clean the breakfast was kept stocked. the hotel maintence/upkeep could definitely be better overall it give it a solid 3 ( 1-5 scale)
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
mark hetherington
"Decent, but old and in need of care"
The room was fine (TV was a bit small for the distance it was from the bed). The room was clean as well. The hallways, elevator and lobby looked like the are in need of care. The pool was murky and "being treated with chemicals" over Labor Day weekend, which didn't make sense to me. We were told breakfast was available from 7-10 am, but showed up at 9:30 to be told by a very unsociable worker that "It's done. I dunno...ask them if you wanna know". Also, the wi-fi signal was never good enough to browse internet or send email. I probably won't stay here again in spite of the rate and good location.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Travis
"I wouldn't recommend it"
It wasn't far from Worlds Of Fun but I was very disappointed with the condition of the room. The customer service was rude and they asked me if I wanted to switch rooms or check out. The first room that they assigned me and my family to they did not clean at all. I went to lay down and the bed was obviously not changed. They said it was no smoking and a non smoking room but it smelled like someone lived in the room. The toilet had a true ring around it. It was crumbs on the bathroom floor. Holes in the hallway. I would not stay there nor would I recommend it. It is true that you get what you pay for but I thought since it was Ramada it would meet the standards smh not good.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Nikki
"Disrepair"
This hotel is unused and in disrepair. It is in an industrial area of town with only a McDonald's and Quik Trip within a short distance. It reeks of neglect. Our first room was clean (except for some dust and the windows) but the air conditioner was non-functional. It was a room with 2 queen beds. The front desk encouraged us to give the a/c a chance to cool. The entire floor felt humid and still as if non of it had functional a/c. Four hours later when our room was still hot they did not have another queen room to move us to.......we had to settle for 2 full-size beds. The beds were comfy and clean but that's all this hotel had going for it. The outlet in the bathroom was non-functional. There were picture hangers on the wall over the beds, but no pictures. The pool was not open --it was green and being 'treated'. There was a decent hot breakfast from 7-9am. I heard lots of complaints from people who came downstairs too late for breakfast.....I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Norma
"dark shadows"
Not bad,no light for night parking
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
boss
"I'd stay somewhere else if I were you"
Got to the hotel had to wait about a half hour in line to get checked in. Room was hot and smelled musty. Even the air out side had a bad odor. No shower curtain in the bath room the counter tops in the bath room were made of a bunch of random scrap. The pillow top mattress were hard an lumpy. The "lake" was more of just a smelly pond. But on a positive note the elevator was fast lol.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Staff Good Facility Poor"
I found the staff to be helpful, understanding and accomodating. They also used very good skills with very rude customers. They were very understanding when we opted for a different hotel due to no air conditioning in our room, and even provided guidance on how to secure a refund through Expedia. The hotel needs some corporate attention to the building, rooms, and facility. I was surprised that it carried the Ramada name and should have paid closer attention to the reviews and stars on Expedia when I was searching, lesson learned.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Total Dump"
The pictures online are deceiving. Does not look like that. Most exterior lighting does not work therefore the parking lot feels unsafe at night. The hotel is in the middle of an industrial park so you must have a car or take a taxi to get to a restaurant. Nothing is closeby. Pizza Hut took over 1.5 hours to deliver because we were so far away. Our AC system could not cool the room so it was hot the whole time, even at night. Bathtub was clogged. The room was so hot we had to take cool showers. The place feels like a ghost town. I could go on and on. If price is your only deciding factor then stay here. If not, then stay somewhere else.
Les
"older hotel in a industrial area"
complete disaster. was told they had shuttle service, not! told us the air conditioning was just turned on at 2pm on a 100 degree day and it would get cold in 3 hours, not! tried to move us to different rooms but couldn't guarentee they would be cold either. curtains falling off rods, rust stains running down wall in bathroom, a/c not working, etc. other guests told us they had same complaints and wanted other rooms. we couldn't get 2 rooms ajoining as booked, son, daughter in law & 6 yr. old twins with us. we had to go to chiefs game so just told them we wanted a refund and we would find another one after game, at 11 pm and 30 minutes away we found a wonderful hotel.
dave
At first our room was hot and the air was not working , but they change to rooms for us with no problem.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Going to the Kip Moore concert"
The hotel staff were nice and helpful. We were hoping to take a swim after a long hot drive in but the pool water was green and wasnt being worked on until the next day. The Air conditioners in our rooms took a two hours to cool off our hot rooms. We all agree the beds were very comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Anita/ Alicia
"The good and bad"
Inside the room, nice and clean. The phone was dead. We could not get the shower to turn on, I was afraid to pull harder on the handle, as it was wobbly, and was afraid I would break it off. The bed was very comfortable, slept well. The pool was nice and large, and 10 feet deep at the deep end. The water was green ,and you could only see down 3 feet. They need to chemically shock it at nite, and vacuum the green out the next am. This place really needs a good management staff/ maintenance staff, to make it decent. I can live with an older building, but its the little stuff that makes or breaks it.
"Bad"
Pools were closed. Video game room closed. The place was falling apart. Lamps had no where to be plugged in. Had to set the clock in the room.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014