All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
1601 N Universal AveI-435 & Front Street-Exit 57, Kansas CityMO64120United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

Location is ok
    Food is not good
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
the hotel was clean and staff was awesome. The only thing was the shower did not have hot water, only luke warm. The knob did not work very well. I informed the staff when we left and they were going to make sure it was take care of.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"At least the bed and the pillows were good"
I wouldn't really know where to begin on rating this place. I have stayed there a few times and this time was the worst. TV is sketchy at best. But one of the main issues I had is the breakfast help. Hateful. The girl was sick, coughing on her hands and then handling everything in the kitchen/dining area. Then coughing on the same items. When I said good morning she glared at me! Really? The friendliest of all was the housekeeping staff. Very pleasant. I will not stay there in the future. Overpriced for the general condition of this place.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
The hotel was a little hard to find. It was in an industrial looking part of town and not close to much of anything. We had to drive about 15 minutes at the minimum to get anything we wanted or needed. But overall we were happy with our stay.
"It couldve been better"
A little smaller than i expected..no ice in some machines..no microwave service..beds were comfortable thou..cable service
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Rose
This is an old Convention Center style of hotel that would have been the bomb back in the 70's and 80's. Rooms were comfortable, small bathrooms. As far a value, for $80 a night, was fine.
"Worst stay ever"
The bathroom was incredibly small, the hallways were very hot and smelly, and the elevators were sketchy. When you are a hotel of that size - you need to have more than 1 toaster and 1 waffle iron - my family gave up after waiting over 30 minutes trying to get anything made. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Christine
Will NOT stay again. Room was seriously out dates. Not at all the pictures on Web page. Bed were not one bit of comfortable. There was dust all over the room spider webs in the corners. Bathroom was dirty. Toilet sear was cracked. Definitely not worth 180 a night. I will be writing reviews every where I can find. The only reason I am doing a star is because it is making me
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Miranda
Could not accommodate adjoining rooms. Someone else was in the room adjoining ours and attempted to enter our room in the night. Exit doors that were supposed to require a room key to enter were propped open with rocks and were not secured.
"Don't go this hotel!"
I could not find Howard Johnson, but did Ramada. After I spent 10 - 20 minutes, I figured out Ramada changed to Howard Johnson. It is very unprofessional and terrible. No internet access from room!!! Unbelievable!!! I was told I can use internet in lobby, so I tried, but it took 10 minutes to get a couple of emails. I gave up. I went to a grill & bar around 7:00 pm, but there was only one guest, so I came out to have a dinner outside.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
PK
"NOT the kind of place we were looking for!"
Well hidden in an industrial area with train noise. About every other channel on the TV was either totally frozen, that is a picture, no action or sound, or action but not sound. The "easy chair", bed, and pillows were seriously hard. Appeared that at least half the hotel was not in use at all. we could see beds against windows, storage in rooms, not usable. The front desk clerk was very friendly but somehow could not help with tv problems. the breakfast area was suitable. If we were to want the use of a small refrigerator, or microwave, you had to rent them. They asked waaaay toooo much for waaaaay too little.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
Steve W.
"Gone downhill!"
Did not receive room requested on first floor; had to change rooms from third floor to ninth floor because air conditioner broken; then water problems in bathroom on ninth floor room.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Middle of industrial area"
Blocked drain got moved to another room, wifi doesn't work well on that side of the hotel
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Close to "World's of Fun""
Everything was fine. Room was clean, needs updating though. Hard to find the hotel, the sign is behind some trees/shrubs.The hotel was booked for the weekend so there were a lot people hanging around especially in the parking lot drinking. There was a motorcycle club having a get together of some sort, so needless to say the motorcycles made a lot of noise.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Nice room"
Nice room but the bathroom needed to be updated.. We stayed just for the night. When we tried to shower there wasn't any shampoo in the room and we were told breakfast was till 10:30 when it's really 10am. Was disappointed when we went to go get breakfast
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Ticia
Was fine for the price. Tv was broken. called maintenance who came right away. he reached behind the tv, unplugged it and turned it on. it worked so that's all that masters I guess. the room keys wouldn't work the 2nd day. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Hotel in business district"
The air conditioner was set on 64 and never cooked off the entire night. The blow dryer/outlet in bathroom didn't work. Could not even use my flat iron in the bathroom. Only 1 light worked in the room. Not a good experience
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
"Hotel infrastructure falling apart, bad service"
If you are on a budget and do not mind noise, bad service, fire alarm sound all night long, unfriendly front desk people, uncaring management, HORRIBLE bathrooms, and a scary area, I guess you should go ahead and book in this hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Besides no fridge or microwave in the room it wasn't bad for the money.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
The stay was definitely above average. The room was great with a beautiful view of the "lake". However, the internet coverage within the rooms was not the best and I had to search all over for an ice machine and I eventually just gave up. Overall enjoyable stay and clean hotel
1 night trip Aug 10, 2015
Derek
Great for public transportation bus stops in front of property. Few options for meals.
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Vanessa
"If rooms were cleaned better would be much better"
Perfect location for world's of fun. Stayed two nights had two rooms King bed room was nice pretty clean. double bed room was very dirty! coffee maker still had old coffee grounds. floor dirty. several faucets in public restrooms wouldn't turn on
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Derrick
"Disappointed :("
Hotel is very rundown, pool felt icky. Broken windows, grime. Rust stains in our tub, a/c had to be running the whole time or room got hot. We were very disappointed.
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Not a Satisfied Customer Overall"
My friend & I had made prior reservations for a month in advance & had to wait to check in by 4 p.m. We were in town for the Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean concert & wanted to check in early. We traveled 2 1/2 hours for this concert & it was to start at 4:30 that afternoon. We wanted to be able to freshin up before hand. I called the hotel on our way & the girl at the front desk said if I called back around 1:30 she would check & see if our room was ready. Well we made it into town by that time so we went to the hotel to check & she said that our room wasn't ready yet, so we went across the way to grab a bite to eat & then came back about 30 minutes later, still our room was not ready, meanwhile the other girl at the desk was checking someone else into their room so I asked if there were anymore rooms available & she checked but wasn't too app to helping us out. She called & located us a room on the bottom floor. She was rude about helping us out from the beginning. We went to our room & it was not very clean, the blinds didn't work properly so we had to call down to get the maintenance man to come fix it & he took forever to come fix it. The room was dirty feeling, didn't smell too good but we ended up taken it cuz we had no other choice. Was not very pleased with this hotel. We went down for breakfast the next morning & had to wait in line for our waffles & toast. Was not impressed with the breakfast bar either. The bar closed way too soon the night before.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
Tina
"Disappointed!!!!!"
Shirleane M.(front desk) was very helpful and nice!!! The hotel itself is in dire need of repairs and cleaning!!!!!!! To not have (advertized) air conditioning and wifi was unacceptable!!!!
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Cathy
Very nice hotel! We booked online last minute and I called and they let us check in at 1pm instead of like 4pm. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok nothing spectacular but still good! The room was very clean. Beds were a little uncomfortable but not horrible. Will definitely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
"Unpleasant stay"
The lobby was dirty, fountain was filthy. Second floor ceiling tiles were wet and falling. Our room's carpet was badly stained. Parking lot had litter. Will not plan on staying in Howard Johnsons again.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
"Never stay here"
I was very disappointed in the hotel. First, I was told it was a three star rating. There was mold all over the bathroom. Trash all in the hallways. It had a terrible oder, my son had to take his allegery meds due to the moldy smells. He coughed all night long until we got him out of the hotel. I asked about the area and was told it was in a good neighborhood. When I'm told by the front desk to remove everything from the car because of incidents of breaking the car windows. I specifically asked the representive on the phone about the area. I was traveling by myself with 4 children 11 and under. Secondly, I asked three times how far the hotel was from the water park. I was told no more than 15 min., under 15 min. it's very close. It was 38 min away. I was driving at 10pm with my small children only to arrive at this dump. I also told her I did not want to stay at a Ramada Inn. Guess what the Howard Johnson put a paper sign over the Ramada Inn sign!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Room was clean and cool. Staff was polite. Only complaint was the wait for breakfast. A second waffle maker would have made breakfast a lot quicker!
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Very relaxing and in a nice, solitary location. Hotel mgr. Jim was very nice/helpful- he is to be commended/rewarded.... I give the hotel an A rating
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Wendell
This hotel was not clean the rooms were dirty at all is very outdated.
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2015
This hotel is located in a very industrial area of Kansas City surrounded by corporate buildings. While that's not at all the issue (actually 5 minutes away from downtown), the hotel was recently bought out and changed from a Ramada to Howard Johnson & I expected newer rooms and a nicer hotel as most of them are renovated. On the contrary, the entire hotel looks very old and used. No microwave or refrigerator in rooms as I was told there would be. Tub was slippery and corroded! Continental breakfast was bad! The OJ was y watered down and there was no microwave to warm up your oatmeal. The woman gave me a pot of hot water to use. All they served was white bread, muffins, cereal (if there was milk) and waffles which were gone so quick because that's the best thing they had. They offered a menu to order from which was overpriced for what they served. The gym was located in a hidden room with very old wall paper, falling ceilings and 4 machines which only half were functional because they kept saying there was no battery. The cable was terrible. Half the channels were permanently on mute so even if there was a good show on, there was no sound! The bathroom in the lobby was falling apart. In all, the hotel served one purpose: a place to sleep in. If you could get a hotel for the same price, closer to downtown, I would highly recommend doing that. I have stayed at much nicer hotels for the same price or $5 more per night.
4 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Kc stay"
Bathtub no stopper for bath Grounds needs lot of upkeep Staff was very helpful Beds were comfortable and clean
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Denise
"HORRIBLE place - keep looking!!"
HORRIBLE!!! Needs to be updated horribly; the staff on Saturday (8/1) was very rude; called the front desk 7 times for assistance hooking up playstation to TV to only be told on the 7th time the TV wasn't compatible (yes it was, but the TV didn't work properly); called the front desk 3 times for blankets for the rollaway bed but finally went to front desk at 11:30 pm and got them ourselves; "breakfast" was horrible!!! A few cereal choices, bread/bagels and a waffle maker that took forever and they tasted awful. There was fruit but was not fresh. When we checked out we weren't even asked how our stay was - Jim @ the front desk just said "you're all set". Didn't even offer a receipt for the stay and one was not left under the door. I can hardly wait to see what I was charged on my cc. The only positive thing was it was a short 10 min drive to the Stadium where we were going. Do NOT recommend anyone stay here. I know I definitely will not stay here again and will not recommend it to anyone.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"Family Trip"
The staff was excellent. The internet was horrible! It was unusable! The facility seemed to be a little run down in certain areas. Needs a lot of attention. No fridge or microwave? We would not return.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Victor
"Very nice hotel!"
We enjoyed the hotel accommodations very much. We had trouble getting both rooms cleaned on the same days, but the hotel was nice and the food in the restaurant was excellent. We enjoyed our stay and found it to be very reasonably priced. We thank you for the extra effort given to meet our needs.
4 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
Mickelsen
The stay was nice! Some of the utilities were rickety, but overall, I would stay again! I'm only 21, it was in the budget for a concert my boyfriend and I went to!
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Hallie
woluld give us an extra rollaway bed or bedding for a third child- even though we had reservations for 3 kids and 2 adults. Had to sleep on a makeshift bed of 2 chairs put together. not the best for a 9 year old. Bathtub took 1 hour to drain. Hotel little aged by the looks of the repaired damaged ceilings and peeling wallpaper. But comfortable. Breakfast was not very good- as it was continetail.Had to pay for the good breakfast I guess.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
Friendly staff. Nice hotel. No shuttle service available on the night of a big concert at the stadium, even though they had a shuttle.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
it was ok, not great, but fine for price. little oudated and very hot on 9th floor and seemed hot in lobby areas, but was 100 degree day.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Great Price for Area"
Good stay for the Price. Entrance sign needs attention, hard to see at night
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Delester
They did not vacuum our room or change sheets. It was gross. I had to ask them twice to complete the task.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Carolyn
"Cheap"
I got a room with 2 beds family of 5 it was alright smelled really humid in the hallway but other than that it was ok my kids really liked the pool and the price was super cheap
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Juana
"Good hideaway."
This is an older hotel, kept up okay, not kept like new. Nice beds and bedding. We had a nice view from our room. It's a good mile or two from any convenience shops or food places, but they have a restaurant and bar on site. It is not near much of anything. There is a pond behind it, with geese all around, and a park bench too. Nobody seems to know about it. Very peaceful calm place to just hang out. We loved the pool! It is both indoor and outdoor, and 10 feet deep! no diving board though. We went there to use as a landing place from going to Worlds of Fun. Although it is further than many other motels, we could see the roller coasters from our 6th floor window. I did see bus service from our hotel, so it's possible to get anywhere in town, but a car helps a lot.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Nick
"you get what you pay for"
A/c did not cool room off the whole three nights we were there. There was mold in the room. The tv would only pick up three stations. Pool was filthy ...both inside and out. If I knew this was a hotel transitioning between companies we probably would have stayed away. We were in town for a concert, and in stead of coming back and staying the hotel one more night...we drove the 9 hours back home right after the concert.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Darren
"Dirty hotel"
Bathroom had hair all over, dirty windows, tv didn't work properly, no hair dryer, carpet was dirty in room and halls, shower curtain rod broken and leaked, some lights didn't work, no alarm clock, doors had scews holding them together. Staff was friendly and helpful, nice views of lake, but do not stay here.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
KW
"Great Stay!"
This motel is hidden away from traffic. It is easy to get to from Kauffman Stadium, Arrowhead Stadium, and Worlds/Oceans of Fun! It is obvious, even from their temporary sign, that they are in a transformation stage. However, we found all areas to be very nice. Our room was large and very clean! The price was excellent!
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
The hotel itself was in bad shape. Bathrooms were a joke and the lobby smelled horrible.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
"Good Value for Kansas City!"
Incredibly nice staff and safe neighborhood. Hotel is a little run down , but it is apparent that updating is in progress. It was clean however, and our beds comfy. Continental breakfast was meager, but you can also order a hot bfast there off of the menu. There is also a WaffleHouse, Denny's, and McD's close by. Johnny C's Deli is a great lunch spot near there as well. We travel to KC a lot and the value of this hotel cannot be beat! Great price!!!
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
We were disappointed with the fact that our room was so hot. The air conditioning did not cool the room, and it made it uncomfortable to sleep. At check-in, we gave the clerk the card we wanted used to pay for the room and they charged the wrong card and never gave us a receipt.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Shaun
"Roz the housekeeper is the best"
The housekeeper rozz was the best she went out if her way for my mom and I while the manager on duty Sunday was not pleasant I could tell she does not like her job... My advice to her.. Then find a new job... The hotel it's self is clean and it is nice but it is also ran down... The neighbor hood is awful... But thanks for all that roz did for us... The kitchen food was so gross and your bartenders should not drink while there working.. Thank you
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015