All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1732 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fantastic Location by the Beach"
Not a bad stay! Fantastic location close to the beach. Beach towels and chairs are available for free when you stay. Front desk was super friendly.
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
Ashley
I took my daughter to Miami for a few days. We wanted to be close to the beach and we also wanted to be close to restaurants and shops. We were also working on a budget so after looking at quite a few hotels, we picked the Catalina. At first I thought that it was going to be a dumpy place, but it turned out to be a pretty cool looking hotel, with hip style and furnishings. The room was small but the beds were really comfortable and I slept very well. I also liked the rain like shower head. We were walking distance to some great restaurants, Lincoln Mall Road, and right across the street to the beach. Some Cons: Although they advertised free drinks between 7-8, they really only offer specific liquor and no beer. I also was misled a bit with expedia listing free shuttle to and from the airport, but realizing later that the free shuttle was to and from Miami, not Ft Lauderdale. tailored to the under 30 crowd. .
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Shnazzy place to stay."
Art Deco hotel. Very nice to stay. Beware of double beds the rooms get very small. I had to up grade to a suite with a queen and soda bed. Much more spacious and comfortable. No complaints besides the fact that check in takes forever.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Dezaster
"south beach"
good
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Pay the extra money"
There is not much about this hotel that's exciting. We had a few issues when checking in because the room they put us in was not what we had seen on the hotels.com website. So, they switched our room for no extra charge. The room we stayed in had a pipe problem so our room smelt like sewer gas. It was horrible! We called to have someone come check it out and after three calls, someone from cleaning service came an hour and a half later. The hotel is in a great location but it isn't kept up very well. It felt a little dirty and very run down. The lobby of the building we stayed in smelt like throw up and no one working there seemed to notice or care. You get what you pay for. Next time, we are going to pay the extra money to get top service and stay at one of the more "known" south beach hotels. I would highly recommend doing the same.
2 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2015
Alayna
"We stayed two nights"
Nice place, one block from the beach.Trasfer from and to airport, beach chairs.
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Irene
"Great value for the price on South Beach"
Good value for the price on South Beach. the rooms are newly done and comfortable although I have to say the scent from the sushi place downstairs does permeate the entire building.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Hope
"Good except front desk"
It was nice the front desk was a little rude but it is Miami
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
Eduardo
"The perfect 1 night stay"
We arrived in South Beach early in the morning and we were able to drop off the car AND store our luggage at the hotel until the 3pm check-in. This was a huge plus because we really wanted to spend the morning at the beach. Later we ate lunch and came back to the hotel at around 2:45. Our room was ready and the bell-hop brought our bags up to the room within 15 mins. The room was extremely comfortable. Adjustable air, very clean and spacious shower and even the shampoo and shower gel were great. The beds were extremely comfortable as well as the pillows. The staff were all very accommodating. We went down to the bar at Maxine's that night for the complimentary happy hour, which we are happy to say the drinks were really good, not watered down or anything like that. My husband and I had 2 drinks each and headed out. The next morning we headed back over to Maxine's for breakfast which was delicious. We ordered the fruit plate and the veggie scramble, both were fresh and hit the spot. At check-out, everything went smoothly and quickly. We waited no more than 15 mins for the valet to bring our car, and were offered coffee while we waited. The car was in excellent condition and we drove away extremely pleased with our entire experience at the Catalina Hotel & Beach Club.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Natalie
"Good customer service, good value"
The concierge was very polite and accommodating. The baggage carriers were also very polite and attentive. I stayed on the 1st level 1st room at The Dorset. It was a little loud, so if you're a partying vacationer, this might work for you. Compared to the surrounding mid-level hotels, I got a good value for my dollar. I spent about $60 per night, so what I received was worth it. If you are on a higher budget, of course, then you should seek the best value for your budget.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2014
"Location over appearance."
The lobby is VERY eclectic & looks more like a youth hostel. The hallway smells very wet & moldy, however, the room was clean, small & neatly decorated. It's not a Sheraton, however, the location makes up for its appearance.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great Location for the Price"
We spent the night at this hotel before we got on our cruise and we picked this location so that we were able to have fun in South Beach the night before...
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Hospitality Lost"
This was what I wrote to hotel management: I'm writing in regards to my current reservation at The Catalina Hotel & Beach Club. I've had a very exasperating journey from Hawaii, with the Caribbean as my final destination. A few things went wrong along the way that resulted in my lack of sleep for almost 48 hours. While I understand that I arrived rather early and was willing to wait a few hours as well as pay an early check-in fee, your staff was insistent that I cannot check in till 3pm even though there are already rooms cleaned and available since 1:30pm (First time this has happened in decades of travel at any hotel in any country). One of your staff (Rudy) was very polite and thoughtful and suggested I put my head to rest by the Bamboo Pool. But I was just too tired and didn't want to move anywhere far from the lobby. There will be certain occasions where your guests, like myself, would be needing some genuine hospitality and empathy, but it was certainly not found here. I've heard rave reviews about the ambience of your hotel, as well as its prime location. Perhaps those are the only qualities that stand out, and your staff is simply resting on those reputable facts. Guests will continue to book your hotel given these non-human factors regardless of the quality of service. That is quite unfortunate.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2014
Warren Wee Lin
"Catalina location is very good"
This hotel has a great location and pool. Otherwise, hotel service was just ok. Rooms were weird with shower and sink in one corner and toilet in another room? They would make your bed and clean room very generically. Didn't seem very sanitary. I probably would not stay there again. The rooftop pool is fun, however.
4 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Enjoyed it overall"
Loved the bar/restaurant and rooftop pool area. My only suggestion would be to keep at least one of the pools open late night. Would have made a world of difference. We did really enjoy our stay though.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Bad"
We booked the hotel with 2 kids. We were given a room very next to bar, ridiculous.ypu open the door. 2 hours we were wait to sit. They did not care it's 2 AM. 2 nights of stay was horrible with the loud music and noise. I wouldn't recommend this to families especially with kids.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Hotel beauty close to the beach"
Loved everything about this hotel! The location was perfect, staff was kind and the rooms were clean & beautiful! I will definitely be coming back.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
family trip
"Awful Experience!"
It was awful experience. Do not waste your time, money and vacation!
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Mohamadamin
"Closed to everything."
We arrived a bit late, but once we checked in, we found out that we were not going to be staying at Catalina Hotel, they sent us to the Maxine, a hotel besides Catalina, where the humidity is terrible. It needs a huge remodeling. The pool is not clean most of the time. The restaurant is very convenient, the staff is very nice, but in the restaurant, even when is empty, they keep you in a waiting list.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
virgilio
We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back! It has a fun, funky atmosphere! The food and drinks were great, the location was good, and the hotel staff were very courteous. We especially enjoyed hanging out at Maxine's Bar with Amy...she rocked!
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Leslie
"Stayed only one day"
Checking in was a disaster. The staff were very slow and rude. The valet overcharged me and didn't give me a ticket for my car. So checking out took very long they only have two staff. Valet couldn't find my car, I waited over 45 minutes for my car. However the hotel was very nice
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
Asia
"The Catalina @ Christmastime"
Great stay especially for the price on hotels.com. We had 2 rooms and they were clean, charming, and the beds were super comfortable. They upgraded us to "suites" larger rooms and one on a corner with both south & west views. The loud dj/lobby noise was distant so no problem. Valet was ridiculously slow with the car but it was Christmas week so we were patient. Maxine was ok food, good coffee in the morning. Staff overall very good. Rooftop pool nice, bamboo pool not so nice. Definitely would return--across the street from the Setai and <half the price.
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Christine
"Convenient hotel"
The location was very convenient. It took less than 10 minutes to reach beach. The hotel provides beach chairs at the beach with their voucher and beach towels. I was able to access Lincoln Rd and Ocean Dr on foot. The hotel provides valet parking at a little expensive fee but it was common in this area. Parking fee was not problem. The only problem about parking was they required more 30 minutes to call car during checking-out hours from 10 am to 12 am. The room was clean.
3 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"Very Amazing hotel for the rates.."
Amazingly new and glamorous hotel for the cheap rates. Few blocks from the happening places on ocean drive. Very relaxing vibe. Two pools, etc. great hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Ishan
"Just okay"
Service was good overall although it took way too long for us to get our car back from valet at noon. Over 30mn. Room was okay....hotel rooms and hallways smell weird like old dirty smoky humid carpet mixed to cheap deodorizer.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Frenchie
"Do not stay in this hotel."
This room was terrible. By far the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. This room should not be marketed and sold to anyone. The carpet and room smelled horrible. AC mad a very loud noise.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2014
The hotel was too noise. The music was too loud. That's why I don't like this hotel that much
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"It sucks"
Noisy room on first floor. They would not change room. No maid service. Rude valet Parker
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Willie
"not family friendly at all; good location. small"
very noisy. loud music till after midnight. with little kids I will never recommend it. we were disappointed. small rooms. humidity smell was high in the room like mildew.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
ahmad
"Overall good"
Everything was good.. Will recommend.. But slow on the check in.
2 night trip Dec 23, 2014
Goce
"Great location. Good value."
Friendly staff. Decent size rooms for the price. Only issue was the noisy AC.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Ola
"Not Great."
Not great. Room was musty, I called for ice as instructed by the in room flyer, but it was never delivered. 2 hours after check-in, there was a leak over the second bed. Everything was soaked. On the plus side, bar and food were awesome!
2 night trip Dec 12, 2014
"Nice, Clean, Great deal!"
Centrally located to shops and restaurant, and also close to the beach. We will certainly come back for a re-visit when we're next in the area.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
Htun
"Catalina"
The room was very difficult to fall asleep in. They play music right outside of your room all day and night. The television needs to be updated and the room service did not come until late afternoon to clean. I thought they forgot about me.
2 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
"Not Bike-Friendly, Poor Service"
When I arrived by bicycle, the valet told me bikes aren't allowed. I told him I was not leaving my bike with all my stuff for a week-long tour outside in Miami Beach and that I had a reservation. After a long debate, he got the manager, who said it was okay to bring my bike in. My room wasn't in the main building, so I had to go back to the main building in the morning to check out. A different valet tried to stop me this time; he then decided "bikes with luggage" are okay. When the front desk asked me how my stay was, I told them I was disappointed by how bike-unfriendly they are. They tried to tell me they weren't and that I got right in the previous day. Denial of a problem is the worst possible service.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2014
"nice hotel"
dhdjdivjfjv fjrifjgifjwjcif fjdjfifjd xnc fjfjfkf fidifjjcnc cncnnc
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Anton
"Good Location"
The only problem I had with the hotel is their valet service. They lost my car for almost 2 hours, but eventually found it.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great Value"
Great location, excellent value for Miami Beach. Not located on the beach but they have attendants on the beach to provide you with chairs and beach towels. Complimentary happy hour from 7-8 was awesome! Highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice hotel in the action but don't want to pay high-end prices.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Friends Getaway"
I really enjoyed my stay, the location was perfect with close proximity to the beach and nightlife. Only negative is the carpet smell in the Maxine bldg had a musty odor.
1 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
"One night visitor"
It was very nice. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't figure out how to use the thermostat. Otherwise, everything was great. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Dec 15, 2014
"sr"
The bed was really bad , the restaurant that they have are bad I will never stay there
3 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
"Catalina hotel and beach club"
This is a great place to stay if you're looking to party. The hotel has 3 bars and 2 restaurants attached, and music playing 24/7. The bartenders at the Catalina were both really great, and they have a complimentary happy hour for guests. This place is NOT where you are looking to go if you're looking for a quiet retreat. The beds are really nice and have tempurpedic mattresses. There are 3 pools, and it is right across the street from the beach. It is within walking distance of Lincoln road mall and a short can from anywhere in south beach. It is kind of away from the craziness of the middle of south beach and the strip. Overall, I had i great time, and really enjoyed my stay.
1 night trip Dec 18, 2014
Colby
"Close to everything but horrible room size"
you don't come to Miami to stay in your hotel room but please. The size of the room was like a trunk of my car. I was tripping all over because there was no space to put anything. Horrible, never ever again.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
salta
"Great..but......"
Our stay was great!! Loved the 3 hotels in one and each one had there own theme. The only downside was that the maid did not clean our room daily and they left the car outside our room and covered. We had to get our own towels, wash cloths and etc. The building with the American cuisine (facing the hotel, it's the one on the right) is where we stayed and the room was nice but very very small for two people to share and no flat screen tv.
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
"Where is Gordin Ramsey ?"
The staff friendly ,decor was dated,the bed I couldn't bring myself to getting underthecovers ,I did not like the idols in the lobby , or some of the sado Art work ,overall it's a good location with great valet & nice wkers.The bartender Moses made me some fire iced coffee ,I was ready to climb a mountain & cross the sea with one cup.Everyone working was Awesome but the hotel needs a makeover.
2 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Although the room was a bit right space wise it was a fabulous stay, location and staff
2 night trip with friends Dec 16, 2014
Rosalba
"It was a good Hotel."
My Television wasn't working for the whole time I stayed there. The maintenance man wasn't of any help. I must say the manager did his best to help. As for an overall... Its a great hotel for a quick getaway. Then bartenders was great and it was a fun experience.
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Minouche
"Catalina love"
Loved it
2 night trip Dec 13, 2014
"good location close to beach and Lincoln Rd Mall"
Hey, it's Miami Beach $$$. The standard room we had wouldn't cost more than half $ in a less famous area.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Roli
"Great staff, questionable conditions"
I'm fairly conflicted on how to rate this hotel. On one hand, the staff was extremely helpful and fun with plentiful food and drink available 24/7. On the other hand, the hotel is in fairly poor shape with less-than ideal cleanliness. Personally, I found all of South Beach to be in poor shape with quite a few abandoned (or at least abandoned-looking) buildings. So, if you've been to South Beach and you loved it, then you'll probably love this place. They are certainly party-centric with a free happy hour from 7-8 every night, shuttles available to local clubs, a rooftop pool, and a fun staff everywhere (front desk, restaurant, bar, you name it). The building itself was a little disappointing, having rather damp and stinky hallways and a bit of an insect problem. The cleaning staff didn't really kill themselves to keep up with the wild patrons, and the maid cart sat outside our room for three days with guests just helping themselves to the towels and soaps on it. Overall, I'd say anyone who is looking to just party in South Beach would find this place ideal. However, if you're a neat-freak then this may not be the place for you. In which case, all of South Beach may not be for you so maybe you should plan a trip to another destination completely.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014