All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
222 Mason St, San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overrated"
The rooms have gone "green" Which is fine, but if you are going to do so then make sure tablet you provide for all hotel information works. I had to call 5 times to ask for a in room dining menu. I finally ended up Just changing my room. You also have to pay $25 extra dollars to use their spa/pool/fitness center. Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Hotel Nikko was clean, modern and in a good location. The staff were so helpful and friendly. My room had two queen beds and was very large with separate shower and tub, large closet and nice view. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
"Close to everything"
Great hotel--A lunch and dinner in the restaurant were excellent. There were too many pillows on the bed and no place to put them at night, but that's the culture right now and we are probably the anti-pillow minority! Bed, bathroom and room were all great, staff polite and helpful.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Imperial suite, imperial experience"
I can t stop gushing about my recent stay at the Nikko in San Francisco. The room was beyond amazing and made our all girls trip unforgettable. The view is unbeatable .
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Giuditta
"Hotel Nikko"
Hotel was not fully cleaned upon our arrival. However the customer service was outstanding and they quickly fixed the issues and even provided us with a written apology and a courtesy room meal. We would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
"Not as trendy as some others but it is a classic"
Over all, this is a hotel experience I would expect. Location is great. Front desk is friendly and quick. If anything happens, they react right away. I am happy 85% - 15% would be... space/design is outdated. I can tell it was still good in 1990s. Compared to many other hotels I stayed, this hotel needs a face-lift. It is not bad - it is a classic "modern" hotel I used to know. Like Hilton/Sheraton from 1980s. Nostalgic in some way.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Jimmy
"Soft bed... Heart of City"
Enjoyed our stay. The hotel is right in the heart of everything. Only 2 blocks from the cable cars. The only drawback was the bed was no very comfortable. Still good place to stay.
2 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"Housekeeping"
The only complaint was the second time we allowed Housekeeping in to clean our room they rearragned our tolietries, we had everything separated... wish they would not have touched our stuff. This is one of the main reason when I travel that I don't let them in my room.
5 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"A Perfect Stay at a Perfect Place"
We arrived early and was welcomed with an early arrival opportunity. Our room on the 21st floor was a double queen. It was very roomy and spotlessly clean. The view of the city was amazing. It was very quiet even though we feared it wouldn't be because it was near the elevator. We purchased the Asian/American breakfast buffet which was a feast for the eyes and stomach. The ceiling mirrors above the buffet seemed to make the food all the more spectacular. The morning Miso soup came as a surprise to me and I will now include it in my own breakfasts at home. The smoked fish was delicate and delicious and the American fare was also delicious.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Margie
"Great, but DON'T OPEN the refrigerator"
Overall, great place to stay, especially if you can find it for a reasonable price. One caveat that I will mention that I did not appreciate - if you open up the refrigerator and even MOVE anything in there, they will charge you for it. I was a little in disbelief, and had to talk to the hotel because I did pull out a beer to see what it was (didn't drink it) and didn't want to get charged. They didn't, but it was still a hassle. I have never heard of any hotel doing that, and it kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise, it was a great hotel. Great people. Nice rooms. Bit small, but fine for my purpose.
3 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Matthew
"Nikko SF"
The Nikko is in a good location with many great places to eat and drink just a short walk away, but that's not unusual in San Francisco. The room rates are mid-priced. The hotel is clean, well-decorated and the staff is very friendly. The staff works very hard to offer a good experience. The standard queen room is very small and felt crowded for two people. Our particular room hard torn curtains and the room smelled a little like mildew; nothing outrageous, just something we noticed. The real downside to this hotel is the service charges. $50 per night for valet seems very high especially considering their room rates. I understand the parking situation in SF, but this is still too much. The Nikko charges a fee to use their exercise facility as well as a $25 fee to use the in-door pool. I think hotel amenities should be free. We walked away paying $115 in service charges for just the valet (why is there a 15% tax on valet), plus tipping. There are other options in the area that are equally priced with larger accommodations and fewer fees. Unfortunately, this will be our last stay at Nikko.
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"In & Out"
Small room. Quiet , perfect location. Enjoyable hotel.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
holt
"Beautiful Hotel With Some Room Noise"
The hotel was beautiful, and I loved the room with its spacious bathroom and overhead room lighting that you could turn on and off from the bed. My only complaint is that I could readily here every door and drawer slam from my neighbor, which made it difficult to go to sleep.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Winnifred
"Sharon from ps"
I think this is a great value hotel. They are very nice there and great service. My only complaint is the lack of tv channels. Working all day I enjoy watching tv at night as I am by myself and I think they maybe have 10 channels
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Hotel surprised me with cleanliness and service"
This hotel actually surprised me and I usually always find something I didn't like about a room but not here. The room was perfectly laid out to not feel cramped the room was clean and the bathroom was immaculate which you never find. I honestly feel like the room was recently renovated that's how nice it was.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Perfect San Francisco Location"
Perfectly located close but not too close to Union Square. Clean and comfortable with super friendly staff. Good value for money.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"A very pleasant mini-vacation"
My wife and I spent 2 nights at Hotel Nikko as a mini-vacation. The valet service and reception were welcoming and efficient. The public areas of the hotel are very nice. The room was clean and comfortable, but the furnishings are starting to look out of date. The black-out curtains on the windows didn't quite meet in the middle, so we always had some outside light sneaking through. The windows aren't very sound-proof. Even on the 10th floor we could hear every horn, siren, and shout from the busy street below. Other than those 3 minor quibbles, we were comfortable and enjoyed the room. The service at Nikko was universally friendly -- from the maid to the concierge, everyone we dealt with made us feel welcome.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Dale
"Weekend Stay"
We stayed for weekend. This was a good location for seeing downtown culture. Close to restaurants.
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
June
"best stay in SF so far!"
This is by far the best place I have ever stayed in while visiting the SF bay area. The staff was attentive to everything I needed. The entire hotel was clean and vivid. Of course this is what you would expect for an upscale hotel. However, I believe this place was cheaper than the other upscale hotels in the area. Therefore I paid less for more! The girlfriend enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer as well.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Ben
"Nikko is a great place to stay"
Excellent accommodations. Very modern and should be rated 4+ stars.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
DC
"Would Recommend"
Had a great time. The staff were very helpful. They were very kind to point out on a map for us, the boundaries of the adjacent bad neighborhood which is essesntially an open air drug market. None of the shady elements of that neighborhood carried over to our stay at Nikko. Our room was very clean, with new furnishings, and was exactly as advertised. It was a great place to stay for our weekend trip to SF.
4 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Great place to stay in San Francisco. Convenient to every places. Large rooms with good Japanese style breakfast. The valet parking was expensive, but there was a self parking nearby which costs less. Recommend to everyone.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Affordable Luxury, Great Sevice, Centrally Located"
Courteous, kind, and attentive staff without being over-the-top. Rooms were clean, sizable and well-kept. The hotel is a short walk to Union Square and Powell St BART. Several nearby restaurants. Complimentary WiFi. I travel to San Francisco once a month. At approximately $225/night this is one of the best 4 star values I've found in the area. Only one downside - there is an additive fee for full access to their gym. Exceeded my expectations. Will be back.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Jayson
Very friendly staff and great location. Recommended for a couple and family.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Close to union square but go a block in the other direction and the neighborhood is very sketchy. The hotel is very nice and well maintained. I wish the bedside lamps had outlets embedded. Very annoying when trying to plug phone in at night. I would stay again if I had business in the area.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
The front desk staff (including the manager that was "helping") didn't listen and inflexible about adjust my length of stay. Especially, we had booked multiple rooms and given repeated business. Hospitality is about being accommodating and the two women I dealt with was the complete opposite.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Weekend Visit"
First time stay at Hotel Nikko. Very nice hotel. Close to everything. The staff are very professional and friendly. We arrived early and were able to get a room quickly and easily on a Saturday morning. Our room had a nice view and was impeccablly clean and modern. We will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Philipp
Very polite and happy staff. Very enjoyable. Comfortable room. We had a hard time parking, GPS tries to take you to the front of the hotel, but parking is off on the other side of the hotel. Great experience overall.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Paige
"Fantastic!"
We came to celebrate birthday and listen to Paula West in Feinstein's. The atmosphere was amazing, good food and show. Very friendly and professional staff
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Leslie
"Hotel Nikko, great location!"
We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Nikko, great location and staff.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Perfect location at Union Square"
I have to say that the location is key. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Really close to the best fashion stores, nice restaurants and it has an Starbucks downstairs. ANZU, the restaurant at the Lobby is pretty good.
juan
"excellent experience"
Central location. They gave us a free upgrade to s room with 2 king beds. We had to pay $25 to use the health club, but it was well worth it. State of the art workout equipment, pool, jacuzzi and sauna. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing we didn't like was having to pay for wifi access.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Pool and Health Club not included!"
One of the reasons I stayed here is my wife enjoys a pool so I was disappointed and surprised to learn that the pool and health club are are extra $25/day! The hotel features pictures of both and says nothing about extra charges.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Nice and quiet. Rooms are clean, modern, comfortable. Slightly small... But very quiet. Hotel room service is good... But during stay they bought me up soup with cutlery (but no spoon!). Also took a long time call through to get anyone to take my order on the 3 times I called.
5 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Marie
"Hotel Nikko"
We reserved a double queen room and a deluxe king room. They were both clean and updated. The hotel service excellent. Clean bathrooms, beautiful furnishings and linens. The king deluxe was small. But the double queen rooms were spacious. The location was walking distance to union square and many restaurants. The only disappointment was you have to pay $25 to use their pool and gym facilities.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Fantastic hotel - great location!"
Had a great stay at the Nikko - the staff were very welcoming and helpful throughout my stay Next time I'm in town I'll be staying here again
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Highly recommend"
This was my second stay in this hotel. No complaint. Hassle free. Close to good shopping places and transportation. Convenient.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
CHIH HAO
"Nice hotel but extra charges for everything"
Nice hotel Good localization wifi, gym, parking and everything else for additional charge
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Nikko
"vacation at The Nikko"
Room was beautiful and spotless upon our arrival. Neighborhood is in the heart of Union Square. Close to cable car and multiple dining and shopping options. Will definitely stay at the Nikko again!!
4 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"Nice surprise in San Francisco"
I was pleasantly surprised by Hotel Nikko. I stayed 4 days on 10th floor. Room was huge by SF standards. Nicer than NYC hotels too for the price paid. It was clean & safe. Staff were all nice. I arrived early @ noon on a Thurs. & they let me check in. There's a Starbucks in the lobby & lots of Walgreen's nearby. I have nothing bad to say. I will stay there again.
3 night trip Feb 26, 2015
"An oasis of quiet in downtown SF"
Loved this hotel. We were looking for an evening of quiet, and we got it. So serene! Lovely view, perfect location. Couldn't ask for more.
CSP
Very clean hotel. Attentive staff. Fast room service.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Great ambience and friendly staff. Most things in downtown are walking distance and you can take the cable car to the fisherman's wharf.
Asad
"Nice comfortable stay for business"
Stayed here for business a long time ago and decided to return to try it again. Overall the stay was pleasant and I was somehow upgraded to a massive 1 bedroom suite with a killer view so not much to complain about. Couple things to note... the lobby gets super crowded and sometimes some sketchy people walk through. Also internet and the health club are not included in the room which I remember that not being the case the last time.
3 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"In the heart of San Francisco"
Fabulous stay!! Upon check-in was updated to a spacious suite to accommodate my previous requests, if possible, for highest floor with a view. Received a corner room with views on both sides on the 18th floor. The check-in staff were very welcoming and helpful, as well as, the attendants upon arrival. Received the same welcoming and friendly service at their restaurant, ANZU.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"I would recommend this hotel to everybody."
AmAzing hotel. Great location. Customer service awesome.
3 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Isabel
"Sales Manager AAA"
This hotel is a class act Any issue they handle it You would be hard pressed to find a better hotel in down town San Francisco
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"Best stay yet!!!!"
Excellent service and room was fantastic!!!
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
brian
"Good business Hotel"
Location was conveniently located in Union Square neighborhood. The room is spacious and clean but the lobby is minimal and check-in process took 15 minutes waiting in line as there was 4 people with two front desk personnel.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
"Great hotel...parking is too costly"
Needed a room late that afternoon. Received a decent rate...my only problem is the parking fee of $50.00. With parking in downtown SF already a high price...and the room in excess of $250...parking fees are high
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015