All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
640 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Close to Michigan Avenue and etc"
Had a great time would definitely stay there again!! And I'm some what of a pickey person
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"quality of the hotel"
room is too small for 4 adults and it is pricy insofar as the accommodation capability of HIE is concerned.
2 night trip with friends Aug 10, 2015
shirley
"Hotel Cass good location - small rooms"
good breakfast selection. Rooms extremely small. bed and pillows were comfortable. Elevators take a long time to come down.
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
christopher
"Clean, good service but EXTREMELY small rooms"
The size of the rooms are extremely small. No ironing bed, no chair, no dresser,just a bed and bathroom. However, the service was great. I wouldn't stay there again but it was an interesting experience.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Celia
"Just Ok"
Location, location, location... is great, the rooms are clean but tiny, the personal friendly but overwhelmed at breakfast. Just OK...
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Laurelex
Great hotel and location for the price!
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
"Good Stay"
It was only an overnight stay. The bathroom didn't seem very clean. Overall stay was fine, there were no issues. Breakfast buffet was very decent.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great location!"
The hotel is within walking distance to most major attractions and can't be beat! The room is tiny but managed to fit 4 people in it. Would recommend it for your stay! We even walked to the hotel room from the subway after arriving at Midway for our stay.
4 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Claudine
AC was very loud barley slept, but can't turn off because it would have been to hot. Friendly and accommodating staff.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Great service, good breakfast, but a small room... Which was expected anyways. Other than that we were very pleased!
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
"Nice hotel near the Magnificent Mile"
The location of the hotel was perfect for us because it was within walking distance of the Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, etc. We had a family member from out of the country and we wanted to do tourist activities so this hotel was perfect for that. It was also comfortable and who doesn't love free breakfast!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Business Travel"
The hotel was older, but very clean and well kept. However, the rooms were very small. Luckily I did not spend very much time in the room. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom immaculate. Location was so very convenient to everything. Overall a good place to stay.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Friendly/helpful Staff, clean room, nice breakfast"
Long weekend getaway. Was close to everything we wanted to do. We were able to walk pretty much everywhere.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"ok for 1 or 2 nights."
location good. room smallest I have ever been in. breakfast ok. $54 to park a bit steep. Trader Joe right across street.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
deryl
Check in was quick and staff very helpful. Room was ready early and clean. Great location. Breakfast was quite good
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Our room was so tiny you could barely walk in. The air conditioning was so loud it sounded as a lawn mower was going off the whole entire time, when matainence came into fix it he really did not have much to say about it except told us that the table in our room the leg was falling apart and to not use it. The air conditioner kept on being extremely loud, the hotel did not offer us anything and did not really say much when we told them we really could not sleep at night since it was so loud. Never will stay here again, will pay more for a nicer hotel.
3 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great location at nice price"
Nice stay with 2 kids for overnight in city. Nothing fancy but location is perfect. Navy Pier, Beach, Mag Mile all right there. Walk or quick cab
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Overall good."
Just stayed over night for an early appointment in the morning. Rooms are small but nice, was bummed there was no mini fridge :-( but it was clean and the bed was comfy and breakfast was great!
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Excellent!"
The front desk staff was very friendly & knowledable. We asked for recommendations on restaurants & they were happy to provide their opinion & also printed of list of things close by. The vallet service was great too. Very accommodating
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Great Find"
We were so happy to find this gem in downtown Chicago. Other reviews called the room small, which it was, but it had everything we needed and was comfortable. The staff, especially Jackie, was friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was good and they had a variety of food. Last the location was great. It was close to the L, Michigan Ave., Navy Pier, and more.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Noelle
The room was tiny! It was probably smaller than my sons dorm room! The location was convienant. I didn't find the hotel staff to be very helpful either.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Jane
"Quiet, safe, comfy"
I stayed two nights. In the city for training. This hotel was a good value when summer rates are high. Complimentary breakfast is convenient, adequate and saves money. I parked the car in a nearby lot and walked everywhere I needed to be. No messing with traffic and parking. The staff was amazingly friendly, efficient and accommodating. But this is a no frills hotel.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
beach bum
"Good price for the area"
Clean, easy access to bus and trains. Breakfast was included, but the food was not great...
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Amazing beds, great staff and rate and location"
Room was small, beds, sheets and pillows were nice, breakfast was great but should open at 6. Next to trader joes :) front desk staff very friendly. It was also very quiet and super clean and affordable.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Brenda
Very nice hotel. Clean and comfortable. Close to red line train stop. Nice neighborhood with lots to do.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Perfect Hotel"
Everything was so nice. I liked the location and hotel staff are very kind and respectable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I recommended
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
"Best Staff Ever"
room was a little small but its Chicago. Hotel staff was amazing and so friendly! I had to run to my car and they helped my mom to our room so she didn't have to wait for me or walk alone.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great location to shopping"
Small bathroom Comfy beds Good breakfast Staff was very nice Great location to magnificent mile
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Great location, tiny, overpriced room."
The location is great. The room is tiny and was extremely overpriced. It is one of the highest rates I have ever paid for a hotel room and it was the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Breakfast buffet was mediocre.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
team w
"Quick Chicago trip."
Our room was small but clean and very comfortable. Staff was so very nice. I would come again.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Roberta
"Tiny treasure (as long as you're not in Rm 210)"
I did not try the complimentary breakfast due to plans I made with family, but appreciated the fact that it was available! I found the service here to be extremely friendly - a real advantage in Chicago - and the hotel generally top-notch in furnishings, redecoration, etc. Yes, the room is tiny, but as long as you don't care about floor space (you're not storing a bunch of luggage, you don't have kids), this room is a perfect place to sleep and get a little work done. Great late night/through the dawn restaurants available on the side streets but the surroundings are quiet (ie, not a barhopping neighborhood). One tip: room 210 is right next to the fitness center, and you can hear the clanging of the weight machines/treadmill in the bathroom (not the bedroom). Ask the front desk to move you elsewhere.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
They say it's a best little holtel in chicago and I agree with it.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"Very satisfied"
Small room but clean and staff very helpful can t beat the location
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
peter
"Great Location But Small Rooms."
Great location for sightseeing and shopping. Short walk to station to catch the train to both ballparks. Staff was very customer focused in providing their services . Rooms are very small and the tradeoff is the location.
4 night trip with friends Jun 9, 2015
"We will be back."
We loved our stay! Staff was amazing. Cory made it even better.
1 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Frederick
"Nice and Quiet Hotel"
This was actually my second time staying here. Caught a last minute great deal. My boyfriend and I had an overnight stay to celebrate our anniversary. Check in was easy and quick. The staff were nice and friendly. Kirby got us in our room without a problem. The room was clean and comfortable. A little small though. Pillows and comfortable were great. The breakfast was okay. Not as great as the first time. I would come back for a 3rd time.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Shanika
"Tiny room"
the hotel room is very, very small. It is hard to get past the bed to the rest of the tiny room. The bathroom was not so tiny but pretty worn in terms of fixtures and shelves. It is ok if you only need to come in late and leave early which was my purpose on this trip so it worked but just was not a comfortable place to relax.
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
Peggy
Great location and within walking distance of many attractions. Clean rooms. Staff was great and helpful. Breakfast was good and well stocked during serving times.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Angela
"Great location and wonderful hotel!"
Staff was very friendly!! Beds and pillows were super comfy. Plan to use this hotel for future stays downtown. Just blocks from great dining and the Mag Mile. Excellent stay!
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
"Tiny rooms."
The staff was awesome, the hotel was very clean, but the rooms were small. Actually the entire hotel was rather compact. Nice hotel but, the price was really high for the little space you get.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Stacy
"Small rooms"
This is a cute hotel that is located near all the great downtown Chicago attractions. It is quite old and the rooms are very small. The price you pay is for the location and not for the quality of the actual room and amenities.
2 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
Hector H
loved our stay the holiday Inn ! will stay there again, when we return to chicago.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Scared and alone!"
Our room this time was a bit larger and quite satisfactory, BUT I had a terrible scare. My husband went to the gym and I was busy on internet in our room (which worked beautifully) when I heard a knock. I was not expecting anyone and tied up with the internet so I did not go to the door. I heard loud pushing against the door and turned around to see the door opening with only a chain keeping it from coming completely open. A man's voice said, "Let me in." I responded a firm, "NO!" and dialed the front desk for help. The lady at the desk asked if the man had a uniform and I responded that I had not even gone to the door. There was some talking (with someone else) and then she said I had complained about a smell of smoke (and continued about how I had asked for whatever was happening). I had NOT complained about anything and told her that the room was fine but I was afraid and alone. In the meanwhile, I could hear loud voice in the hall; but, when I closed and locked the door again, I could not see the people talking (around the corner from our room). I called back down and asked the front desk to send someone to ask my husband to come back to the room because I felt unsafe. Eventually, another staff person called to apologize. Apparently someone in a nearby room had complained and the maintenance man came to my door by mistake and tried to come in when I did not immediately answer. My husband was never contacted as I'd requested. We will not stay here again!!
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
sharon
Warm, efficient staff. Wondeful historic hotel, with a magnificent location!
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Good for the price downtown"
Only complaint is that room was very small and not really comfortable for a family of 4 other than when sleeping.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Megan
"Decent hotel downtown"
Within walking distance to most things. Breakfast was great
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Nice hotel & great price"
My daughter & I made our first trip to Chicago for a doctors visit. I had no idea what to expect of the area, but was so pleased with the whole trip. We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Cass Holiday Inn Express. The staff was friendly & our room was very comfortable & clean. The area was close to great shopping & restaurants. We did not have a car so we walked everywhere & it was very easy to navigate. We would definitely stay there again!
Other trip May 30, 2015
kendra
"Too Close for Comfort"
The room is much too small. We reserved a queen size bed, and were given a room with one double. When we requested a larger room, we were told it was the largest room available at that rate. The sleeping area, closet, and bathroom combined were about 100 square feet. Granted, the hotel is older, but the renovation should have combined 2 rooms into one. The staff insisted on using the elevator for service while guests were in it. A housekeeper rolled a huge cart full of dirty laundry onto the elevator right next to us...GROSS! You could literally sit on the end of the bed and use the desk. There was a chair between the desk and bed, but it was almost impossible to get in and out of. The mattress was hard, and I could feel the wire on the edge of the frame. We slept poorly, and checked out after one night instead of the four we reserved.
4 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Kathleen
"Small rooms but adequate"
Breakfast included oatmeal, cereal, biscuits and gravy, eggs, apples, oranges, bananas, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, bagels, english muffins, danishes.
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Scam via hotel room phone"
The hotel is in nice location and rooms are clean. However, I had a phishing scam at this hotel. After a few hours I checked in, I got a call from the HOTEL ROOM PHONE saying that it's the front desk and the credit card that I swiped just earlier didn't go through. It turned out to be an external call trying to steal my credit card information. These external calls should be blocked at the front desk first and should only be connected to rooms when they can provide the guest's name. I am sorry that this hotel wasn't doing anything to filter out these external calls made to private rooms.
3 night family trip May 12, 2015