All hotels in Surfside Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
15 S Ocean Blvd, Surfside Beach, SC, 29575-3633, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very Pleased"
My husband and I booked a weekend trip at this hotel. To be perfectly honest I was not sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. We had a king bed with ocean view. The view was great (though I wish the balconies were a bit wider) and our room was very clean. We checked in late at night with no issues and check out was very quick as well. I personally don't care for the crowdedness of Myrtle Beach so we decided to stay away from the hustle and bustle. It was nice and quiet with a few bars and restaurants in the same area. Even though there are no restaurants at the hotel, there is a nice diner on the beach that offers pretty good breakfast. We definitely keep this hotel in mind the next time we are looking for a hotel in Surfside Beach.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Kasia
Very nice hotel great place to stay AWAY from all the partying! I'm a college student and I didn't even want to stay directly on myrtle beach surfside is so much better! Hotel was great although they tell you it's ocean front it really isn't more like ocean view, pool n jacuzzi are TINY! but overall this place was GREATTTT!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Hotel was good and reasonably priced. Rooms quite clean and staff helpful. Good section of Myrtle Beach in that it was south of the boardwalk by only 10 minutes and had a feel of a beach town with hotel being only highrise in the area. Surrounded by pier for fishing, good restaurants, and right on the beach. Will use hotel again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Last minute stay"
We loved the restaurant on the pier next to the hotel! The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Bathroom was a little small, but other than that it's a great place to stay!
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Crystal
"Not bad for beachfront..."
It was a great location for us so I have no complaints. It IS a beach hotel so sand being everywhere is the expectation, I would think. It was a very solid stay with no frills and I would say it is worth it. They are renovating in 2015 so it would be nice to compare before and afterwards. Hotel sits perpendicular to the beach so there are no "ocean front views" as stated in the Hotels.com view.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
PeteS
"Nice hotel, enjoyed the beach view"
I really enjoyed my stay, the only thing that concerned me was the live music playing from the bar. I would recommend that be moved. or the glass be made sound proof on that side of the hotel
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Fantastic!"
My family and I decided at the last minute to make a trip to the beach. I made reservations online and headed out. Bill and the staff were very sweet and helpful. We absolutely loved our stay! Hotel was very nice, clean and quiet. Great food only steps away from the parking lot. The kids loved that we could walk to the ice cream shops:) I'm glad we trusted the reviews and we will surely be back!
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Shay J
"Nice . We enjoyed very much"
Nice hotel . Will return if possible. Will recommend to my friends .
We really enjoyed the stay. I would recommend this hotel any day.
Beautiful beach
4 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Roger
"Bed size not correct"
All was well, except their "queen size" beds were actually full size. We tried to talk to the manger about it and they insisted that we had queen size beds which is what we paid for. I thought that they owed me a refund for the difference. I got no refund. Everything else was just OK.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
The elevators were about the only problem we encountered. It took forever to get in and out.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
josias
"clean updated and very nice"
Great experience. Our 3rd time, great place. Room was very clean, beds were comfortable.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Kaye
"Convenient Hotel Location"
This hotel appears to be newly renevated and the rooms were nice. Parking was adequate. The hotel has beach access and a small pool and spa area. It was too crowded for us to be comfortable using it. Close to restaurants, and the hotel gave us discount coupons and a pass to the pier. We only stayed two nights, but we were pleased with the hotel over all.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great place for a weekend getaway!"
Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Visit Scotty's Beach Bar and order Prosser’s Bar-B-Que. Only criticism; rooms could use better ventilation to handle the high coastal humidity. carpet always felt damp. Bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Surfside Beach Resort"
I wanted to let you know that our faimily statyed at Surfside Beach Resort July 24th- 26th, 2014. It was a great trip and we could not have asked for a nicer place to stay. The staff was great! The rooms were great! Our children have grown up going to Surfside Beach and we have always stayed at a friends house while we were there. This year we just went down for a short stay. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. It was great!!!
3 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Mike Billips
"Right on the beach"
If you like the beach this is a nice place to stay. Beach area is groomed every morning, Walk right out of the facility and the beach is right there - not too crowed. Waling distance to some beach bars and grills. The hotel elevators were crowed and one was out of service for most of our stay. We used the stairs a lot as it was quicker and we were only on the third floor. Beds were comfortable, we didn't use maid service but they provided us with plenty of clean towels & toiletries every day. My boys complained of the WI FI service - needed to be faster.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
leaf
"Location is great if you love the beach"
Elevator is really slow most of the time. If you are ok with stairs and a little extra exercise you'll save frustration. If you can't do stairs be ready to wait a lot.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Slightly disappointed in the parking situation when the bat next door is busy. Although there was a security guard and they were supposed to only let guests park there, I had I park across the street and wait for a space in the hotel parking lot. Only happened on Saturday night though. Good sized room and extremely clean. I am still impressed by how clean the entire hotel was.
6 night trip Jul 19, 2014
We stayed for 2 nights at the Surfside Beach Resort hotel. The location is perfect...right on the beach. Lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
JW
"Review"
The hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and professional. Loved the location, but parking was definitely a challenge on the weekend. The only real complaint was the broken elevator situation, because it appears to be a chronic problem by the looks of older reviews. Although I would stay at SBR again, I would ask for a room on the lower floors because we took the stairs A LOT.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
"Rude manager and horrible service"
Elevators were down and there was very little compassion shown by management. We paid for a ocean front room, only to find out they do not even have such thing as an ocean front room. We were also told it would not be a problem to get 2 parking passes....only to get there and be hassled about that as well. Very disappointed and will not stay there again. Beware of what is offered by this place. I asked for a discount and was also told that since I went through a 3rd party (hotels.com) they did not give discounts and suggested I stop using 3rd party vendors to rent my rooms. Pathetic
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice clean centrally located with easy access to Myrtle Beach without the hustle and bustle
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
Self Family and Friends
"Nice Hotel Close to the Beach"
This hotel is great! We went 4th of July weekend and it was awesome. The view of the pier, the festivals, and access to everything was amazing. The hotel staff was awesome as well very accommodating. I will definitely be coming back. This was my boyfriend and I first vacation together and first time in SC. We chose Surfside because we didn't want to craziness of crowds and wild guest on myrtle beach just some sand, a beach, peace and relaxation and we got just that. The local restaurants greeted us and fed us well! My only disclaimer is we did not rent car because we didn't plan on ;leaving the beach but myrtle beach and board walk is about a 30 minute cab ride at a cost of about $40. We went out there 1 day. Taxi to and from airport with tip we paid $30. There aren't any local liquor stores but the pier shop sells beer and wine coolers and lime a ritas ;) to bring back to the room. The hotel also had vending machines on each floor that didn't offer much variety but I lived through it. I am a snacker so if you're not no worries.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Surfside Hotel"
The hotel was nice & clean. I have only 2 complaints. The room was much smaller than the pictures showed and the maids were noisy in the hall in the morning. That being said we will probably pick this hotel again when we come back to Surfside Beach.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"no balcony. hardly ocean view. broken elevators"
I was disappointed that the room had no balcony or much of a view of the ocean. I was also dissapointed that the elevators were broken the whole trip and no discount or offering was given for the troubles in caused. (waiting for up to 20 minutes for elevator). Also, the rate I paid on Hotels.com seemed to be the same rate I would've paid as a walk-in.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
c.o.
"Awesome!!!!!"
I had a wonderful time at Surfside Beach... It was clean...staff was very friendly... Great location....It is right on the beach. I'm coming back again next year.... Loved it!!!!!
4 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
Robin Cannon
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice room , very small balcony, good location. Slow elevators, staff was friendly
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
mel
"It was easy access to beach , pier restaurant/shop"
It was nice. I thought my room was going to have a balcony and did not.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Need some exercise?"
This hotels very well located. It's right on the beach and close to the peer. The Seaside Dinner is a must!! they have the great burgers and the onion rings are out of this world. If you need some exercise then take the stairs otherwise you will miss your vacation waiting for the elevators as the cleaning staff use the same elevators.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Derick
We had a great trip! Hotel was really nice with a great view of the ocean! We will be back!
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"first trip with our grand daughter to the beach"
everyone was very nice at the front desk.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
al
"Decent priced hotel ocean view"
Good ocean-view rooms with refrigerator and microwaves
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
San
"Good vacation"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the location right on the beach. The elevators are extremely slow!
3 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Dottie
"Excellent place to stay"
Beaches were clean . Hotel was very nice --clean and newly remodeled. Staff was friendly and eager to help. Hotel had discounts to the pier and on food at the facilities within walking distance.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Melody
"GREAT!"
Was very clean and nice and quite. Would recommend to others and would return myself!
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Terrible view"
If you stay here be prepared to spend half your vacation waiting on the elevator. I never review things, and very rarely complain but this place is very misleading. While the rooms are kept very clean, they are about as big as a broom closet. Our room had a wonderful view...........of the parking lot. Seriously don't stay here. I got this room on an unpublished rate, never again will I gamble like that.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Awesome."
We booked this late with only two rooms open for July 4th weekend. Was bummed when we found out it was not ocean front but it worked out because we had a side view of the pier and the ocean so we could see all of the 4th festivities including the block party with a band and the fire works from our balcony. Very clean and security in the parking lot. The staff was amazing friendly. We will stay at Surfside again.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Eric & Sabrina
"Great experience!"
Nice location on beach, great pool, friendly staff, clean, great nearby restaurants etc... We were there for the 4th of July and had the most beautiful fireworks. Coffee was great. Only thing that would have made it better would have been a small continental breakfast. But I would have to say that nearby restaurants had very reasonable prices. It was also only a short driving distance to some of the larger seafood restaurants. Thank you!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Debbie
"it's ok"
we have stayed in much nicer hotels, we were expecting a lot more. this place is just very average
2 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
"Motel still under renovations but nice"
Have stayed here before and love the location (beside the pier). They are still undergoing renovations and we stayed of the 4th floor where they had been completed. Would stay there again.
MDH
"Vacation"
The elevator took forever. The staff was great and the room was clean.
5 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Super nice hotel, extremely slow elevators. The beach is the best MB has to offer. The hotel is convenient to all attractions.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Great deal!"
The only bad thing about this hotel was the elevators! It took 5 plus minutes sometimes to get an elevator.
3 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2014
"3rd Year at Hotel!"
We were pleased to find that the rooms are all redone and updated. They have plans for expansion to pool, which they need and a deck. Very nice. Lots of families with kids. If you want an adult pool experience, you might get cranky. Maybe when they redo the pool they can keep one for the kids and build one for adults. We didn't care because we were just relaxing. and the kids were all having fun.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Surfside beach resort"
Front desk receptionist was not pleasant to talk with, but all others after the first was very nice. Also found what looked to be a blood stain on comforter on our bed. Told housekeeping,and they got us a clean on. Clive location close to reasturants, and pier.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
ron
"Next to the pier"
We enjoyed the area. Fishing on the pier and a great restaurant .Three other restaurants with in walking distance.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Long weekend on the beach, enjoyed stay."
3 day and nights of relaxation . Enjoyed every bit.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
ol Va. boy
The room was nice and clean. The service was terrific. The location was beautiful. The elevator was on the slow side. But other than that, we enjoyed our stay.
5 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Beach relaxation time"
The beach is right outside your door. You can rent beach chairs and umbrellas nearby which us especially important when you've traveled from afar and don't have any beach equipment. There are nearby restaurants too. Surfside beach is a real find. Quiet and relaxing especially compared to Myrtle Beach overcrowding. So if you are looking for a clean well equipped hotel in a family atmosphere this is your place.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014