All hotels in Surfside Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
15 S Ocean Blvd, Surfside Beach, SC, 29575-3633, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice place to stay on the beach"
Nice clean family type hotel close to several nice restaurants. This is the second time we have stayed here and plan to come back again.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Cynthia
We were able to check in a little early. The elevators caused extremely long waits.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Friendly hotel right on the beach"
My husband and I chose the Surfside Beach Resort for our Labor Day vacation because we didn't want to be right in the thick of the Myrtle Beach main drag and because it was a great price. Although it was definitely full, the clientele was mainly families and it was altogether a pleasant stay. All of the staff members, from the front desk staff to the cleaning crew, were incredibly friendly. The beds were comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was excellent. I only have two small complaints. 1) The air conditioner units in the room didn't do a very good job of actually drying the air and so everything was pretty humid and wilted by the time we left. This may have been just that particular unit. 2) The carpet in our room was kind of dirty and I wound up wearing my shoes a lot. However, it was the end of the season and I imagine that turnover just doesn't allow for any deep cleaning ... and everyone is coming in right off the beach, after all. I would still absolutely stay here again, and I would recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Krissie
"Bad experience with front desk"
I had an unpleasant experience with the front desk. I believe it was from a misunderstanding when I checked in but the whole customer service experience left much to be desired. Have been to many hotels in the past but the handling of my situation was very unprofessional and unfriendly. Obviously because of that I did lose my mind and anyone else in my place would. The lady at the front desk had the tenacity to 'shussh' me instead of trying to amicably resolve the matter. Whole experience has left a bitter taste and just for that reason will never go back.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"Very stinky and musty room..."
The hotel was fine, staff was nice, location was great, and the price was right. HOWEVER, the room was so musty that it stunk and everything felt damp. I understand that it's the beach and the humidity is high, however, if other hotels can control it, I'd expect these guys could do a better job controlling it. That was the only con, but it was a big con. Every time you opened the door to your room, it hit you in the face like a ton of bricks.
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Jesse
"Perfect location with beautiful view"
Staff was very accommodating.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Kathleen
"Beachfront"
Nice view of the beach. Easy access to the beach, food and entertainment.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Great place to stay. The location was perfect. Everything negative I had read in previous reviews had been corrected.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
JP
"Mother / Daughter getaway"
Our overall stay was good. The clerk who checked us in went out of his way to help us and I appreciate it. We were on the side where the beach bar was. It was close enough to walk. The only problem I saw was only having 2 elevators, but there weren't that many floors. It did make a little wait time but not to bad. I would stay here again. My daughter said it would have been nice to have had at least a continental breakfast. We really liked being close to the pier. We also enjoyed the Hudson Flea Mkt.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
The Dolphin's
Great Stay
3 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
LaDonna
"Awesom, we loved it!!!"
Great experience and great location.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Darren
"Nothing spectacular but no complaints"
I had no problems with this place. The elevators couldn't really keep up with the load but for the price I guess it's not too bad
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"great place to stay in surfside beach"
always wanted to stay at this facility but was always with a large group who required a beachhouse. was able to get away on our own for a few days and was able to book this hotel for 4 nites and we weren't disappointed. the pleasant experience started with the checkin and continued thruout our stay. the rooms were very clean and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job at meeting our requirements. Taylor and Sharon at the front desk were extremely helpful with an early checkin request and I certainly received more than I expected. kudo's to them for their helpfulness. they really seem to enjoy their jobs. am looking forward to my next stay at Surfside Beach Resort. i
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
bob
"complete relaxation"
Staff was very friendly. Loved that there was coffee in the lobby, most of the big hotels along beach don't offer. Surfside Beach offered a much more relaxing atmosphere than the strip further up in myrtle beach. Rooms were great also, clean and good size
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Perfect Location"
The location is perfect - just a few short steps to the beach with a private stairwell for hotel guests. If you don't want to go to the beach the pool and hot tub are another option. Our room wasn't ready on time so they upgraded us for free to a room with a balcony from which you could see the shoreline. There are plenty of places to eat right near the hotel, within walking distance. There is also a diner/bar where you can eat outside on a deck which has stairs leading right to the beach. There are ice cream shops within walking distance as well and other places to eat within driving distance, but there's really no need to drive anywhere with the beach and restaurants/bars located so close to the hotel. There's a pier you can walk on/fish off of for only $1.00 and that also provides a nice view of the shoreline. The hotel staff was very nice and the hotel was clean. Also, the pizza menu in the room was great and the pizza delivery guy delivered right to our hotel room door.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Jess
"Excellent hotel on the beach."
Weekend getaway. Scotty's bar was too loud and difficult to go to sleep until the music was turned off. Bathroom amenities were not exclusive for the price of the room. The shampoo was horrible. Next time would bring my own. It was nice to be so close to the beach and area restaurants. Hotel staff very nice. The pool area was clean, but felt like a fish in a fish bowl next to a bar.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
elaine
"Very satisfied 1st Time Customers"
We usually stay in North Myrtle but decided to change it up this year. The Surfside area alone was fantastic, but also the Surfside Beach Resort. The newly renovated rooms were very nice and the staff was great. We loved the surrounding restaurants and Scotty's Bar. We definitely plan on coming back again!!
5 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Brittany
"Beautiful hotel! Can't be any closer to the water!"
Surfside beach is perfect and the water is warm. The hotel and the staff were amazing!! We got a free upgrade for our honeymoon to a newly renovated room on the 7th floor with an ocean view just from mentioning the wedding to the front desk during check in. Also we arrived on a cab too early for check in so they stored out luggage for us. I highly recommend this hotel!!!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Corinne
"Nice hotel, close to the beach, clean."
Very clean rooms, recently refurbished, shower curtain still had the folds showing. Computer access. Scotty's Bar has nice outdoor walkway to beach. Restaurants & souvenir shop all within steps, but the area is not commercialized. Pier is within steps. Would definitely return.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Rose
"Close to Beach"
Great beach location. Staff all very nice. Hotel very dated. Rooms had that seaside scummy salt feel. But if you want a seaside hotel in Surfside a Beach this is it!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
baird
"Very Pleased"
My husband and I booked a weekend trip at this hotel. To be perfectly honest I was not sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. We had a king bed with ocean view. The view was great (though I wish the balconies were a bit wider) and our room was very clean. We checked in late at night with no issues and check out was very quick as well. I personally don't care for the crowdedness of Myrtle Beach so we decided to stay away from the hustle and bustle. It was nice and quiet with a few bars and restaurants in the same area. Even though there are no restaurants at the hotel, there is a nice diner on the beach that offers pretty good breakfast. We definitely keep this hotel in mind the next time we are looking for a hotel in Surfside Beach.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Kasia
Very nice hotel great place to stay AWAY from all the partying! I'm a college student and I didn't even want to stay directly on myrtle beach surfside is so much better! Hotel was great although they tell you it's ocean front it really isn't more like ocean view, pool n jacuzzi are TINY! but overall this place was GREATTTT!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Hotel was good and reasonably priced. Rooms quite clean and staff helpful. Good section of Myrtle Beach in that it was south of the boardwalk by only 10 minutes and had a feel of a beach town with hotel being only highrise in the area. Surrounded by pier for fishing, good restaurants, and right on the beach. Will use hotel again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Last minute stay"
We loved the restaurant on the pier next to the hotel! The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Bathroom was a little small, but other than that it's a great place to stay!
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Crystal
"Not bad for beachfront..."
It was a great location for us so I have no complaints. It IS a beach hotel so sand being everywhere is the expectation, I would think. It was a very solid stay with no frills and I would say it is worth it. They are renovating in 2015 so it would be nice to compare before and afterwards. Hotel sits perpendicular to the beach so there are no "ocean front views" as stated in the Hotels.com view.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
PeteS
"Nice hotel, enjoyed the beach view"
I really enjoyed my stay, the only thing that concerned me was the live music playing from the bar. I would recommend that be moved. or the glass be made sound proof on that side of the hotel
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Fantastic!"
My family and I decided at the last minute to make a trip to the beach. I made reservations online and headed out. Bill and the staff were very sweet and helpful. We absolutely loved our stay! Hotel was very nice, clean and quiet. Great food only steps away from the parking lot. The kids loved that we could walk to the ice cream shops:) I'm glad we trusted the reviews and we will surely be back!
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Shay J
"Nice . We enjoyed very much"
Nice hotel . Will return if possible. Will recommend to my friends .
We really enjoyed the stay. I would recommend this hotel any day.
Beautiful beach
4 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Roger
"Bed size not correct"
All was well, except their "queen size" beds were actually full size. We tried to talk to the manger about it and they insisted that we had queen size beds which is what we paid for. I thought that they owed me a refund for the difference. I got no refund. Everything else was just OK.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
The elevators were about the only problem we encountered. It took forever to get in and out.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
josias
"clean updated and very nice"
Great experience. Our 3rd time, great place. Room was very clean, beds were comfortable.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Kaye
"Convenient Hotel Location"
This hotel appears to be newly renevated and the rooms were nice. Parking was adequate. The hotel has beach access and a small pool and spa area. It was too crowded for us to be comfortable using it. Close to restaurants, and the hotel gave us discount coupons and a pass to the pier. We only stayed two nights, but we were pleased with the hotel over all.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Great place for a weekend getaway!"
Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Visit Scotty's Beach Bar and order Prosser’s Bar-B-Que. Only criticism; rooms could use better ventilation to handle the high coastal humidity. carpet always felt damp. Bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Surfside Beach Resort"
I wanted to let you know that our faimily statyed at Surfside Beach Resort July 24th- 26th, 2014. It was a great trip and we could not have asked for a nicer place to stay. The staff was great! The rooms were great! Our children have grown up going to Surfside Beach and we have always stayed at a friends house while we were there. This year we just went down for a short stay. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. It was great!!!
3 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Mike Billips
"Right on the beach"
If you like the beach this is a nice place to stay. Beach area is groomed every morning, Walk right out of the facility and the beach is right there - not too crowed. Waling distance to some beach bars and grills. The hotel elevators were crowed and one was out of service for most of our stay. We used the stairs a lot as it was quicker and we were only on the third floor. Beds were comfortable, we didn't use maid service but they provided us with plenty of clean towels & toiletries every day. My boys complained of the WI FI service - needed to be faster.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
leaf
"Location is great if you love the beach"
Elevator is really slow most of the time. If you are ok with stairs and a little extra exercise you'll save frustration. If you can't do stairs be ready to wait a lot.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Slightly disappointed in the parking situation when the bat next door is busy. Although there was a security guard and they were supposed to only let guests park there, I had I park across the street and wait for a space in the hotel parking lot. Only happened on Saturday night though. Good sized room and extremely clean. I am still impressed by how clean the entire hotel was.
6 night trip Jul 19, 2014
We stayed for 2 nights at the Surfside Beach Resort hotel. The location is perfect...right on the beach. Lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
JW
"Review"
The hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and professional. Loved the location, but parking was definitely a challenge on the weekend. The only real complaint was the broken elevator situation, because it appears to be a chronic problem by the looks of older reviews. Although I would stay at SBR again, I would ask for a room on the lower floors because we took the stairs A LOT.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
"Rude manager and horrible service"
Elevators were down and there was very little compassion shown by management. We paid for a ocean front room, only to find out they do not even have such thing as an ocean front room. We were also told it would not be a problem to get 2 parking passes....only to get there and be hassled about that as well. Very disappointed and will not stay there again. Beware of what is offered by this place. I asked for a discount and was also told that since I went through a 3rd party (hotels.com) they did not give discounts and suggested I stop using 3rd party vendors to rent my rooms. Pathetic
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice clean centrally located with easy access to Myrtle Beach without the hustle and bustle
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
Self Family and Friends
"Nice Hotel Close to the Beach"
This hotel is great! We went 4th of July weekend and it was awesome. The view of the pier, the festivals, and access to everything was amazing. The hotel staff was awesome as well very accommodating. I will definitely be coming back. This was my boyfriend and I first vacation together and first time in SC. We chose Surfside because we didn't want to craziness of crowds and wild guest on myrtle beach just some sand, a beach, peace and relaxation and we got just that. The local restaurants greeted us and fed us well! My only disclaimer is we did not rent car because we didn't plan on ;leaving the beach but myrtle beach and board walk is about a 30 minute cab ride at a cost of about $40. We went out there 1 day. Taxi to and from airport with tip we paid $30. There aren't any local liquor stores but the pier shop sells beer and wine coolers and lime a ritas ;) to bring back to the room. The hotel also had vending machines on each floor that didn't offer much variety but I lived through it. I am a snacker so if you're not no worries.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Surfside Hotel"
The hotel was nice & clean. I have only 2 complaints. The room was much smaller than the pictures showed and the maids were noisy in the hall in the morning. That being said we will probably pick this hotel again when we come back to Surfside Beach.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"no balcony. hardly ocean view. broken elevators"
I was disappointed that the room had no balcony or much of a view of the ocean. I was also dissapointed that the elevators were broken the whole trip and no discount or offering was given for the troubles in caused. (waiting for up to 20 minutes for elevator). Also, the rate I paid on Hotels.com seemed to be the same rate I would've paid as a walk-in.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
c.o.
"Awesome!!!!!"
I had a wonderful time at Surfside Beach... It was clean...staff was very friendly... Great location....It is right on the beach. I'm coming back again next year.... Loved it!!!!!
4 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
Robin Cannon
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice room , very small balcony, good location. Slow elevators, staff was friendly
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
mel
"It was easy access to beach , pier restaurant/shop"
It was nice. I thought my room was going to have a balcony and did not.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Need some exercise?"
This hotels very well located. It's right on the beach and close to the peer. The Seaside Dinner is a must!! they have the great burgers and the onion rings are out of this world. If you need some exercise then take the stairs otherwise you will miss your vacation waiting for the elevators as the cleaning staff use the same elevators.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014