All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
170 S Market Street, San Jose, CA, 95113, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Second to none"
Class act all the way. Truly an elegant hotel with excellent service. I travel a lot and use the hotel gyms so that I do not miss my daily workout. This hotels gym is better than some membership gyms I've been to. Awsome.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
Darron
"Loved everything about our stay!"
Loved our short but sweet visit!
4 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Great experience"
Excellent stay all around. Good internet service, and complimentary if you join their loyalty program before you go.
4 night trip Jul 9, 2015
"Ditry sheets"
After a 6 hr drive we wanted to rest. Pulled bedspread off to see the disgusting sheets that were not changed. It was gross we took pictures and called hotel to come change the sheets. They did nothing to find out if they had been changed or checked to see if we were satisfied or not. Worst experience in a hotel ever. Disappointment from a 4 star hotel. Will never choose to stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Great location, but a bit expensive."
Great hotel, but very expensive. No vending machines so you have to buy the in room drinks and snacks. The bed was a bit too hard and somewhat uncomfortable. We ordered room service and they forgot to bring it, so we just decided to forget it and go to bed.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2015
Jerry
"Fairmont Stay"
The hotel, staff and area were amazing. We will definately be back. We had a little issue regulating the thermostat but overall our stay was excellent! Thank you
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Porter
Beds are very small-I've never seen a double bed in a nice hotel. Pool and bar spaces quite nice, best sushi I've ever had at the sushi bar, Takai.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
"Nice one-night stay"
Very comfortable beds. Room was well appointed and quiet. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Expected a little more Wow for the deluxe suite"
Deluxe Suite changed rooms for a firmer bed and second one was better. Stayed in the tower and furniture in suite was really worn. Couch was really sunken. Amenities were great, room service and restaurant both were amazing. Staff friendliness was great.
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
The hotel is located in a great section of San Jose and within walking distance of many restaurants. Overall, the hotel is very nice, however, our deluxe room seemed more like a nice standard hotel room. Also, a fee was charged for Internet service which - something I thought should be included in a deluxe room and at amount of the room overall. My main issue was that our room was located across from the service elevator. I could hear workers transporting items very early in the morning. For a deluxe room and the noise of being close to the service elevator, the price of the hotel was too much.
1 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2015
"Great location. Amazing service."
Family trip to San jose we enjoyed the location. We like to enjoy wines at night but the types they had where not very good and way overpriced other then that it's a lovely place to stay.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Vikki, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. As part of our sustainbility partnership program we make every effort to source local wines. We apologize that our wine offerings did not exceed your expectations but appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Warmest Regards, Natalie P., Marketing & PR Manager
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Vikki
"Loved my stay the Fairmont"
they upgraded me to a suite which was amazing! Bedding was so comfy! Lobby is gorgeous and the entire building is high end.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Susan, Thank you for sharing your suite experience and details of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back. Warmest Regards, Natalie P., Marketing & PR Manager
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"My SJC go to."
My trips to SJ are always business focused, but the Fairmont is my go to hotel. Not contemporary, but modern, clean, fantastic service, and walking distance from anything you would need.
2 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Christian
"Fairmont with Angela"
Girlfriend decided last minute we should go stay at the Fairmont in downtown San Jose. We had a wonderful stay!
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
WILLIAM
"PU"
The bed and pillows were great. The overall room was in a poor location, next to the elevator shaft with an awkward doorway into a long hall. The worst part was a rotting sour box of take out food that overwhelmed the whole room with an awful stench when we opened the fridge. I asked for housekeeping to clean it out. She came when we were showering to get ready for a meeting so I told her to come back in 30 min. I didn't want to smell it again! I was disappointed to see that the housekeeper had cleaned the room, changed out the towels, and left the rotting food in the fridge, GROSS> It was 11pm when we got back to the room, so we just went to bed and got up early and left. I hope they find it before ethe next guest checks in.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
"Very Nice!!"
For the Price it was excellent.Room was well furnished, Mini Bar well Stocked and Prices Reasonable. Will definitely return.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Donald
"Best in the area."
I have stayed here several times and it is by far the best hotel in the city of Fremont. Great customer service snd very comfortable beds.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Ena
"A day of pampering"
I am recommending the hotel to my professional organization for its yearly conference. Just excellent !!
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
"Great staff."
For the price, the rooms should be a little more updated. The staff was fantastic and really helpful.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Nasim
"Class and elegance"
Excellent, had a good time in the lounge dancing to live music too
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Robert, Thank you for sharing your review. We're happy to hear your stay was excellent and you were able to experience our live, nightly music in the Lobby Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back. Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manager
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Great place to stay in Downtown San Jose"
Great room, nice staff. convenient location.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your recommendation. We appreciate it and hope to welcome you back again soon. Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manager
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"My Favorite!"
This is my favorite hotel in the Bay Area. Clean, great food, great service, very easy access, friendly staff - I can't wait to stay there every time I'm in San Jose! The ONLY thing I would change is the fitness room - better room, more equipment, etc. It's satisfactory but below the standard of the rest of the magnificent hotel.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Matthew, Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We’re so very happy to hear that we are your favorite hotel in the Bay Area. What an honor! Thank you for your suggestions on the fitness center, I’ve shared with our team, we look forward to your return! Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manger
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
Matthew
"Rip off scams"
Room service awful the guy lied when I asked if tip was included and my husband almost wrote in additional tip before I stopped him what a rip off
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Nedra, Thank you for your post and for bringing this to our attention. We strive to provide warm, sincere and engaging customer service to our guests. One of our core values is integrity and we take great care to hire based on this principle. We apologize for any discomfort you experienced with your in room dining service during your stay. Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manger
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
nedra
"Great hotel!"
We loved this hotel. The location was great for us; walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Hotel staff were friendly, and the decor and atmosphere exceeded our expectations.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Kathryn, Thank you for your review and recommendations. We're delighted you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back. Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manager
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Kathryn
"Best bloody Mary's"
I give this Hotel 4 it of five stars. Very clean and friendly staff and the resteraunts serve wonderful food not to overly priced. The spicy San Jose Bloody Mary was by far the best yet. My only real complaint was that they don't have a hot tub.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Lauren, Thank you for your post and suggestion. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our Spicy San Jose Bloody Mary's. We look forward to welcoming you back again for more! Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manager
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2015
Lauren
"Super busy"
Lots of action- sometimes tough to get in and out. People were super. Getting car from Valet on the lower level took what seemed like forever. But people were great.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Beautiful hotel! We would love to stay here again! I stayed here with 8 of my girl friends before a concert out at Levi's stadium. The light rail is right behind the hotel which was super convenient getting to and from the stadium. Good selection of restaurants and bars in the vicinity as well. Room service didn't have the best of food, but nothing to complain about.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"A nice stay at the Fairmont"
This is a nice hotel with many accommodations and lots of great restaurants, coffee shops and bakeries nearby. Rooms were spacious and beds were really comfortable. Only suggestion would be to skip the food at the bar. Poor quality and mis-prepared. Should also note; cannot charge Spa services to your room. Has to be paid on the spot so bring a form of payment with you.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Very nice hotel...luxurious, a real treat!
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Downtown Close to eveything"
It was part business and vacation, location was perfect for my needs. Love staying down town, close to every thing. I thought most hotels offer free wfi in the room without joining some premotion. Overall ir was great, saw friends and doctors, worked great, the wife loved it to!
3 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Cross
"Quick review--Fairmont"
No problem with stay except for the shower and fixtures. The hot water was intermittent, hot and cold. Very annoying. And the fixtures could be updated.
1 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
Peevey
Checked in a few hours early. The room was ready, service was great.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Hector
"High end hotel, fun location"
Stayed here for a girls weekend. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very helpful. $5/day weekend parking available at city lot across the street from the business entrance to the Fairmont. Bakery & coffee shop next to hotel is excellent.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Lana
The staff are friendly and helpful, with a casual and quiet professional approach to the guests. A well trained group.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Beautiful hotel!"
My teenage girls and myself were on a road trip from southern California to northern California. We were originally going to stay at The Fairmont San Jose for one night but loved it so much we stayed another night! Unfortunately, the valet services and the bell hops left us wondering if this, in fact, was a 4 star hotel. Other than that....great hotel.
Lynne
"Comfort"
Excellent service
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
"San Jose State Univ"
My wife, my daughter and I went up to go visit the university and we got to stay in a first class hotel near everything (and only 5 mins from the univ.). Everything about the hotel was wonderful including the accommodations and the staff. To be honest, I don't think we would have stayed here had my wife not found a great deal!
Kyle
"Great downtown city center hotel"
It was a nice place. The rooms were comfy. Bathrooms were quite dirty. Prices in the gift shop and other ammenties were extremely expensive
sean
"Do you know the way to San Jose?"
Great location, hotel and staff. San Jose was enjoyable and we'll be back!
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"I would stay there again"
Clean room, friendly service and convenient location.
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Kristen
"Easy stay"
Checked in as soon as I arrived and within the room in 15 minutes. The hotel is centrally located with walking locations to many restaurants in the a.m. beautiful view of downtown San Jose. Everyone in staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Ana
"Superb hotel"
Only one complaint: lots of exits, only one entrance. So if you leave hotel to the sides or back, you have to walk all the way around to get back in.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
james
"Not much of a deal"
I obtained a $149.00 rate for a queen bed through hotels.com. With tax and parking, the total came closer to $200/night. These additional fees should be clearly stated. The rates for room service were astronomical...$30 for breakfast. We took a few items out of the mini-fridge to put in water we brought with us and then noticed that just for opening the fridge we would be charged unless the door was closed within an allotted time...really? This is ridiculous. While close to museums, the hotel is in a an area surrounded by the homeless. The outrageous prices are in stark contrast to the dismaying poverty that surrounds the hotel. The room was beautiful, but I won't be staying there again due to the hidden costs and the astronomical prices in the hotel.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Great experience, staff was very helpful and was able to make my room into a double bed room after I asked for a rollaway bed. I was very pleased that he was able to do this for me.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice location good restaurants close."
Nice room with a view. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Close to the airport.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Steph
"Nice facility but our room was dated"
Overall the hotel is a great facility. The lobby, bar, restaurant, and other amenities are mostly top notch. That said, our room was somewhat disappointing given the high ratings, the price of the room, and the comparative quality of the room versus the rest of the hotel experience. Here are a list of items that we noticed in our stay in our room: - Some peeling wallpaper in areas - Very dated tiles in the shower (look very old and worn) - Our toilet looked like a public restroom toilet (with a bar to flush instead of a handle and no top water tank). Not the type of toilet I would associate with a nice hotel room. - The door jams were broken and falling off the wall. - Large panel cover in the hallway with no attempt to have it blend in to the rest of the wall - Not related to the room, but the elevators were in need of some maintenance. A number of the lights did not light up, and some elevators would not go to the 'garage' floor (would stop at the lobby and not proceed further down to garage). The room quality outside of those concerns above was pretty good. The carpets were clean and nice. The bed and sheets were comfortable. The room had a number of lighting options to suit various lighting needs. The bathtub was clean and looked new. The view from our room was decent, given the location.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear KPBoo, Thank you for your detailed review and for bringing these items to our attention. I’ve shared with our internal teams so we may continue to make improvements throughout the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again. Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manger
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
KPBoo
"The housekeepers need glasses"
It's ridiculous the areas they missed cleaning. It was not a pleasant stay after finding gross hairs, stains on the bedding and walls
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review and for bringing these items to our attention. We sincerely apologize for your recent experience. Our housekeeping team usually does an excellent job of ensuring the cleanliness of all hotel rooms. I've shared your review so we may make any necessary corrections to continue to meet our high standards of cleanliness. We hope to welcome you back again. Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manger
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"great hotel"
We stayed there for the night after a sharks game and the accommodations were amazing. The people were all really nice and the room was very clean and spacious.
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Jose, Thank you for your post. We appreciate it and hope to welcome you back again soon. Warm Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manager
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Jose
"Fabulous"
This was pure joy the staff was accommendating I would stay here again
Response by The Fairmont San Jose
Dear Lorraine, Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are thrilled to learn that your time with us was pure joy! We certainly hope to have you as our guest again. Warmest Regards, Natalie P Marketing & PR Manager
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Lorraine
"Quick stay, nice hotel"
We had a one night stay as we were flying out the next am. Very clean, quiet room. Staff is friendly. Only complaint is that the thermostat has a motion sensor and when you are sleeping, it shuts off, or at least it did in our room. I like to sleep with the fan on constant and had to wake up many times during the night to reset. Other than that, nice stay.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015