All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here41 Tunnel Road, Berkeley, CA, 94705, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Anniversary"
We spent our anniversary at the Claremont and were treated very well. We got upgraded to a suite with exceptional views. Room was decorated with roses. We had a perfect day at the spa, the pool and the restaurants. Great service!
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Anniversaries are some of our favorite occasions at The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa! Thank you for joining us for your special getaway. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, including our Spa and Club facilities. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
Stefan
"Worth it for the pool and gym"
The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The room was good but not great. The furniture is a bit dated, but it's an old hotel in general.
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Adam
"Gem with beautiful view at good price"
great place to stay with a large group of friends - price is terrific and rooms are comfie, with terrific views... wish the bar stayed open on a Saturday night past midnight, however!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"6OTH WEEDING ANNIVERSAY CELEBRATION"
MADE THIS RESERVATION AT THE REQUEST OF MY FATHER TO SURPRISE MY MOTHER TO CELEBRATE THEIR 6OTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. HE TOLD ME THAT ROOM, SERVICE AND EXTRA CARE SHOWN THEM WAS OUTSTANDING AND MADE FOR A MEMORABLE STAY
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Christine
"Claremont"
Great old place. Needs a buffing.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Great service"
Great service and nice getaway
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"Overpriced and Overrated"
When we walked into our room, we were stunned at how small and basic it was compared to all the pictures. Moreover, simple amenities like a fridge were nonexistent, and both sides of the bed did not even have a nightstand, The TV was perhaps a first-generation flat-screen, with grainy, pixelated images and words. And the room itself did not have any grounded electricity outlets to plug in, say, a laptop. That had to be done in the bathroom. Finally, the hotel charges $30 to park overnight and another $26 for access to "amenities," such as the steam room, whether you want to use those facilities or not. Clearly, they do not know the definition of "amenities." Overall, I would suggest that others save their money and stay somewhere that the brand and prestige are not part of the price tag, which is far too high for what is offered.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
Optimism One
"Lovely location"
The hotel overall is beautiful with nice amenities. The higher end rooms are quite lovely and almost regal. The regular rooms are much simpler but nice, not incredibly spacious but not cramped either. The bed was comfortable, the restroom was spacious and clean. I enjoy staying here especially when I have time to enjoy the full grounds and amenities.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
V
I enjoyed my stay very much. An item in the room was dirty when I entered the room. I called the Front desk, and it was taken care of by the time I returned from dinner, and hour later, just as I had asked. Beautiful design and quality of hotel; quiet with nice view if you take the bay view option. Front desk staff were excellent. Other staff I met in passing were professional, and kind. Please note that only booked here because of a Hotels.com discount that brought the price down to a a few hundred dollars. For me, after 3 weeks of hiking, it was a really nice treat. Nothing like waking up to the soft finish of the sunrise in a comfortable bed in a very nice room.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"Great experience -- highly recommended"
I did not partake in the amenities of the location -- we were there because of the great deal, and needed a place to stay in the middle of moving from one house to another, so we weren't on vacation! Everything was wonderful. The staff was very kind and helpful, the room was smallish but very nice. Water pressure was pretty incredible, perhaps the strongest I've ever experienced. The only tiny thing that was an annoyance was the door: Because the floor of the hotel has clearly "Settled" a little since it was built, the bottom of the door had to be angled to swing open properly, but it left a 2-3 inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the door. We put a rolled-up towel down, and it was fine. I don't think all the rooms have this problem. I would definitely stay again!
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Jordan
"Loved it"
This was one of my best hotel stays ever. From the moment we arrived, everything was taken care of. I was surprised pleasantly that the Bellman took my name and passed it to the front desk for expedited check in! Restaurant was casual yet excellent cuisine. A very romantic spot with wonderful view of the Oakland harbor lights. The room was quiet and spacious and well appointed.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Barry
This is a very old building that has beautiful architecture but would benefit from a renovation. The fixtures in our bathroom were inadequate. We were booked for a room with a king sized bed and ended up in one with 2 doubles. The hotel staff is wonderful and helpful. Dining prices were very expensive, especially compared to local restaurants.
5 night trip Sep 17, 2014
SO
"I enjoy the traditional look and feel of the hotel"
It is was quite pricey, but I was able to find a deal online which made it a little more reasonable. We were visiting for a family members wedding and everybody was staying there.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Weddings at The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa are such an exciting affair and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us during the celebration. At our historic hotel, we love to welcoming our guests and it is wonderful to know you enjoyed the décor. It is our hope that you will have the chance to visit us again.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Holly
great hotel. old rooms.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"A wonderful experience"
We had a wonderful time and the staff made it even more enjoyable.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2014
Charlene
Staff won't help with reservation adjustment AT ALL since it was booked through expedia. They were very curt about it and obviously have a beef with the fact that I used expedia. They made it difficult for the expedia service reps over the phone as well. Also, totally separately, our friends mentioned the staff at the front desk were rude to them too. So I think it's a regular occurrence.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
We regret that the experience of your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Every guest that walks through our door, regardless of the method used to make their reservation, is very much a special guest at our hotel and we were truly disappointed to learn you did not feel this way. While we cannot address any third party reservations in this forum, please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. We hope that you will return someday and allow us to show you that your comfort and satisfaction are what we are all about.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Leisure @ the Claremont."
David @ the Paragon bar was very accommodating. Treated my daughter well while we celebrated her 21st B-day. Nice facility. We'll be back.
5 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Ed & Chris
"Claremont Elegance"
The hotel is historic, stately, immaculate, and elegant. We were not, however, provided the king bed we requested (the excuse given was that when reservations are made through third parties [Expedia in our case], the request takes second place to other guest requests). We were placed in a room with a queen bed near the elevators. Hence we heard elevator noise and air conditioners going on and off all night disrupting our sleep. Having said all that, I will continue to stay at the Claremont whenever in the area.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so glad you have appreciated the elegance and history of our hotel during your stay with us. It is a concern, however, that you were not pleased with your recent guest room accommodations. It would be out of place for us to discuss any third party bookings but we truly regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. Your comfort is always important to us and we are happy to honor all requests when we are able to do so. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Beautiful property, great pool"
Daughter was at UC Berkley. The hotel was conveinently located close to campus, shops, and restaurants. I will stay here again.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa is located in the heart of Bear Country and we are always happy to welcome UC Berkeley families! Thank you for taking the time to let us know your impressions of our hotel. It is wonderful to read that you have enjoyed not only our location, convenient to campus and local attractions, but also the beauty of our historic property. We look forward to seeing you again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Kristina
"High on the hill"
Beautiful hotel. quiet surroundings, tennis players hideaway (remembering for next time). Rooms are super clean, great beds. If you are using public transportation - be aware the Rockridge BART station is an easy walk from the hotel. However, coming back at the end of a long day - it's an uphill slog. Parking is $30 a day for those who are driving. Good spot.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"Outdated"
Very outdated bathroom. Super loud air-conditioner. Old room. Needs overhaul.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. We regret that your encounter at our historic hotel was not as positive as we would hope for and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered in your guest room. We will share your suggestions with our management team. It is our hope that you will consider another stay.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Did not get the room that I paid for..."
I booked the "Elite Room" and what we got was the accessibility room. The hotel told me that happens when you book through the 3rd party. Really?! Although old, this hotel definitely has the high class atmosphere which I enjoyed, but the room had an awful view of the roof + parking and it was really not a pleasant room. The dinner was over priced and the kids pasta was the worst pasta I have had in my entire life. The pool was heated and the kids loved it. Overall, I'll give it 3/5.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Tiny room with fleas"
The hotel is beautiful and we love going to the restaurant and spa. However, the rooms are small and dated. We booked through hotels.com a standard room with two double beds. We arrive, they said they only had a king bed. Took the room with looked like a maids room which would barely fit a king bed. Window was a sliver looking at a roof. Then we discovered fleas crawling on my 2 year old daughter. We we reported it they said they were aware that they had that problem. BUT THEN MOVED US TO AN EVEN SMALLER ROOM - A DOWNGRADE. After complaining to the manager, we were moved again. This time to a normal sized standard room overlooking parking lot with nice fake leather chairs. I would not recommend staying in this hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
fell in love in my hometown... a great experience. Hotel staff helped me deal with expedia and thier issues with a change of schedule that I wouldn't have expected them to deal with. It took time but I got what I wanted and was happy!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Lindsey
For an older (historic) hotel, this was a beautiful accomodation, but there was sufficient noise from kids in the hallways, and the walls were thin (we heard the elevator "ding" every time it arrived on 2nd floor). The valet parking attendants were having us constantly move the car 12 feet this way or that when we were arriving to unload AND when we were packing up to leave-a little frustrating when we weren't blocking anything and we couldn't see the point. I don't think we'll be back; it was pretty far from the SanFran downtown experience and the public transportation is not our bag.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
I would definitely staff there again. Beautiful hotel and an excellent experience.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
It is so great to read that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us at The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa. The beauty of our property is a reflection of our dedication to providing luxurious and comforting accommodations for our guests and we are so glad it shows. We hope you will come to visit us again soon.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Worst rooms in the hotel!"
Again with booking Expedia we received a room across from the elevators that rang throughout the night. The view was of the roof. We will not use Expedia again as this is the second time this has happened to us. We were unable to move rooms or even pay for an upgrade. The hotel had an event with loud music below our floor that lasted past midnight..we have young children so this was not appealing to us.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While we are so glad you found our associates to be so friendly and professional, we must apologize if your encounter fell short in any other way. While we can’t speak for third party bookings, it is regrettable if your accommodations were not as you had hoped. We have a variety of room styles and decor in our historic hotel and always do are best to offer our guests what would make them most comfortable. Your comments will be shared with our management team. It is our hope that you will consider another visit so we can change your impressions.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Classy hotel with an old world charm"
Entrance and the lobby are magnificent and unlike most other hotels- even unlike most other 4-star hotels. This hotel is not for everyone though because of its age, and styling - it's not contemporary. The room was very comfortable but the floors were creaky. I wish they did not charge me $30 for parking on top of $26 resort fee! In summary, I would go back because the style/ decor of the hotel is to my taste.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Classy, old world charm! The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa is filled with such rich history and offers our guests something that more modern facilities cannot achieve. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found your accommodations to be so comfortable. While we do charge for both parking and resort fees, we hope that it wasn’t too much of an inconvenience. Our guests can enjoy many amenities and activities in exchange for our resort fee including complimentary wireless Internet, use of our Club facilities with outdoor pools, saunas and hot tubs, 3 hours of childcare and so much more. We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit. Thank you for your review.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
pg
"Resort fee should only be for resort useage"
I have been to this hotel a number of times while on business and every time resent paying a $25 resort fee when I have no time to even look at the pool, tennis courts or exercise facility. Food is over-priced and luckily we had a car to escape.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Comfortable stay at a nice facility"
The Claremont Resort is a nice expansive facility tucked away in the Berkeley hills. We were pleased to have a large room with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. Not all rooms are big, however, so experiences may vary. Our room did not have a view, but was nonetheless lovely. Only downside is that noise from adjacent rooms and the hallway can be loud and parking is a steep $30/day (tho at least they have parking!). The pool and grounds are also quite nice. Huge pool plus lap pool plus hot tub plus kiddie pool. There's also an entire fitness facility with a very nice locker room, sauna, steam room, and whirlpools. The property is a private club as well as hotel, so many people will be using the facility. It did not seem cramped for space, though.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
We are so glad to know you enjoyed such a comfortable stay with us at The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa! Thank you for letting us know about your time and for sharing an assessment of each area you visited. Our guest rooms are all unique, with each one offering different styles and views and it is great to know you enjoyed the spaciousness. The Club has so many activities, fitness classes, pools, tennis and more. We do apologize if any sounds from outside your guest room were of any disruption to your peace, however. We do hope you will have the chance to visit us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Noisy"
Rooms ok but was put in handicapped room with a view of tbe roof. Supposed to be an upgrade. Very noisy from hallway, adjscent rooms and rooms above. Charged 26 resort fee on top of e erything else plus pasrking. Nickel asnd dimed.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
We believe it is the little things that count and we couldn't be more disappointed to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations or if you felt misled in any way by our charges. Our resort fee enables guests to enjoy a wide range of incredible amenities and activities such as complimentary Internet, 3-hours of childcare, access to our pools, tennis courts, countless health club and spa choices and more. Please know that our associates are always happy to help you find the guest room that would make you most comfortable and we regret if any sounds from outside your room were of disruption to your peace. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it is our hope to welcome you back again and fully impress you with all we have to offer.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
bailey
"Great place to stay if you're moving from the area"
We stayed here for two nights as I was moving from Oakland and had to pack the bed early. The hotel staff was friendly. Meritage restaurant makes a fabulous breakfast and the patio at the Paragon is a great place to sit with a drink and to watch the sun set.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Jill
"Great facilities, but hotel needs update"
Beautiful hotel from the outside, great view over the bay area and great facilities, but could really need an update in the interior + the restaurant personnel seems to have an old-fashioned almost snobbish attitude that belongs to a 4-5 star hotel of the past. The front desk people were very helpful when I got ill and needed a doctor, but overall the hotel seems to be struggling to find its way into the new world. It is a shame because it has all the things you cannot change over time: location, view, a history etc. Just the interior and the service needs an update.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Pernille
"One night at Cal"
Claremont never disappoints. Great bar/restaurant for drinks dinner on the deck. Rooms are big but showing their age a little (wood floor creaks under the thin carpet). Lobby always comfortable.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
Sadler
I am glad that the Fairmount has bought the hotel and will invest some much needed money in it. It is a great, old property, but tired. Doors are thin and don't reach the ground so every noise is heard. It has a great history and has the potential to be a landmark property.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"our visit to the claremont"
We like to visit the grand hotels of the West: the Del Coronado, the Coeur d'Alene, the Santa Maria Inn, etc. So the Claremont was on our list. We appreciate the history and the architecture. We stayed two days - we did not get the full SPA experience because all the spa options are way too expensive - $350 for a 50 minute massage - that's not our market Also, we wanted to visit the bar but they closed early right in our face. Then while we were sitting in the area we saw seven other people all turned away as well. Had they waited a bit longer they would have had at least nine more customers. Because they were slow, a hotel of this caliber should NOT close early. We paid too much for our stay for that. Had they been committed to customer service would have taken some action. Other parts of the service were good. We did not eat in the hotel, we went into Berkeley and had a great time. We don't do Valet. All the non-Valet spots are up the hill. View from the room was great: the Bay and downtown SF. Clear view even when the bay had fog. Awesome.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Positive or otherwise, the feedback our hotel receives is not taken lightly and is always appreciated. We believe that providing superior service is fundamental. Please accept our sincerest apologies if you felt anything but welcomed, as each and every one of our guests is highly valued. If at any point in time a guest finds something amiss, our associates are always more than happy to help and we regret if the hours of our restaurant were inconvenient for you. Many of our Spa treatments can be selected a la carte for more affordable options for all and we feature a number of spa specials and collections that provide great savings. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again in the future so we can improve upon your impressions.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Captain America
"A classic with gorgeous views and the best pool"
Fabulous time. Dinner in Le Meritage totally over priced.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Sigrid
"Very pleasant"
The room was great and had a view looking over the bay. We ate at the Paragon restaurant one evening and the service was extremely slow. It was busy but I imagine that place is always busy. We ordered room service in the morning and it took over an hour for two plates of eggs. Overall, the atmosphere was great but the service was not.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Close to San Francisco"
Beautiful historic hotel. Bathrooms could use an upgrade. Shower heads didn't put out enough pressure.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
"Great Amenities, Bad Room"
I'm not sure if it's the fact we look young or booked through a website, but first they put us in a room with two double beds facing the hill. When we asked to be switched to a queen or king they put us in the roof - literally with two micro windows 1 foot tall by two feet wide and skylights both of which have plantation shutters instead if blackout shades. Not good when you have a toddler who needs to nap ... and you've paid an arm and a leg for a fancy hotel. Very disappointed. I have to say the cost of parking is also a bit ridiculous. On a positive note the food was good through room service and at the Paragon. The pools and club amenities were great - very kid friendly.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. We are so glad to know you enjoyed parts of your encounter with us, including dining at Paragon and our Club and pool amenities. Our historic hotel is unique in that no two guest rooms are exactly alike. With that being said, we do apologize if you were not fully impressed with your accommodations. Our associates would be happy to help find you just the right space for your family’s needs. As you mentioned, we charge for parking in our secure lot, but we regret if you were unaware. Please know that regardless of how your reservations are made we value each and every guest. It is our hope that you will give us a chance in the future to offer you the type of stay you would hope for.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Marlie
"Luxury and relaxing...."
This hotel was stunning. Staff was helpful and very polite. I had lots of questions about the sites, as it was my first time in the area. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful. Spa treatments were heavenly. Would recommend to anyone. Also, close enough to SF without having to stay right in the city.
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2014
I paid and reserved a bay view room but I got a room with a view of a roof top. The room was not clean and the fixtures were falling apart.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here. It is always our intent to honor all guest room requests and while it is not clear in this forum as to what transpired our how your reservations were made, we must apologize for any inconvenience. We can understand how frustrating it can be when expectations are not met. Guests are always encouraged to let us know if anything is amiss while they are here and we regret if you found any issues with your accommodation. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to change your impressions.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Mixed bag"
Loved the room decor and beautiful bathroom but the view of the bay was minimal and overshadowed by the tennis courts, and the room was physically under the restaurant. That was not disclosed and the moving around of furniture and noise overhead went on until after 11:30p and again at 2:45am, and again at 6:30am. They were apologetic but the reservation was labeled as Expedia and we felt like second class citizens
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Staff is very friendly. We had breakfast 2 days, and both the food and staff were wonderful.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Exemplary service is what we hope to achieve with each and every guest encounter! Thank you so much for sharing your review and appreciation of our efforts at The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa. We do hope you will visit again soon.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Classic Hotel"
This is a hotel to take you back to a gentler, kinder time. The room we had was exceptional. A lot of space, bay view, and best of all a bath tub. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast was perfect. Spa facility is world class. The over all impression is this is a place that caters to their clients satisfaction
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Reading your review of The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa brought us such happiness. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and your kind acknowledgement of our historic hotel is greatly appreciated. Knowing that your visit brought you back to a gentler, kinder time is such a gracious compliment! With the San Francisco Bay on full display, views from our property are something that should not be missed. Thank you for sharing your story, we hope that we can welcome you back soon.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
kathy
"Beautiful, well-maintained and comfortable classic"
I stayed at the Claremont overnight on a business trip, but I now wish it had been for longer as I didn't come close to being able to take advantage of everything the hotel/spa had to offer. I understand that some may find it too old, but in my opinion it has just enough contemporary amenities (e.g., flat-screen TV, and thank you free wi-fi!) so one doesn't feel out-of-step, but I'm a huge fan of all of the original fixtures, moldings, designs. The lobby itself is a thing of beauty, and I welcomed the opportunity to have nice wide staircases to walk up to my room rather than take the elevator. Every member of the staff was friendly, courteous and polite, and my room was comfortable. I particularly liked the bed, as I prefer firmer mattresses and this one was just right. I'd definitely stay again if I have the opportunity.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
Diabolik
"Great Place to stay outside of SF"
Great hotels. Lots to do. Great rest. in the area.
1 night romance trip May 28, 2014
"Berkeley Graduation Stay"
The staff was awesome, particularly all of the concierge staff, although the rest of the staff was also excellent and very friendly.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Right in the heart of Bear Country, The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa loves to welcome our guests attending any events at UC Berkeley and we are delighted you chose to stay with us for graduation. Our associates will be pleased to know that you found them all to be, as you put it, awesome! We hope you will visit us again soon.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"The Claremont Experience. Was not all That!!!"
All my life, I heard about this pretigious hotel right here in the bay area called the Claremont. It's suppose to be so luxurious and classy. And the PRICE definitely reflects that! So now that I'm grown and pretty well traveled I decided to get a room at luxurious hotel in the bay area where I live. I had a lady friend come from out of town and was telling her about this renowned hotel and all it offers! When I arrived I thought it looked somewhat old but, I thought maybe they kept like this to give it charcater. When I walked in the hotel Staff I must say was EXCELLENT!!!! Very polite and attenative. Now for the ROOM. It was extremely small, especially for $400.00 a night!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!?!?! It didn't even have a bathtub and the AC unit was old and very useless. The Hampton Inn runs circles around it. For half the PRICE!!!!! Prices for room service was equally outrageous!!! CLAREMONT DO BETTER OR LOWER YOUR RATES!!!! THE BEST THING ABOUT YOU IS THE STAFF!!!!
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to detail your encounter. Our associates will all be so pleased to know they left you with such a positive impression. We are, however, terribly disappointed to learn that your accommodations were not as you had anticipated. Please know that we always hope to accommodate our guests in a way that suits their expectations and offer a variety of room styles. At our historic property, not two rooms are exactly the same! Your comments are of great value to us and will be shared with everyone here so that we can improve. We appreciate your input.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Bishop
"Expensive for nothing, gives Berkeley a bad name"
1) Whoever is in charge of tourism and hospitality in Berkeley needs to intervene to stop this hotel giving the city a bad rep: -They overcharge on parking $30 per night per car and they don't tell you until you've arrived and have no option but to succumb. This is separate from the $26 resort fee which does not include parking! -When I complained the manager on duty didn't even show any interest in listening -Old and dated furniture, mattress uncomfortable with cheap pillows -Our room smelled weird -Not worth the value -I called front desk numerous times no one answered, day or night 2) Expedia should reconsider this hotel as a VIP Access partner: - They didn't give any discount although I am an elite plus member and I redeemed Expedia points to make the reservation - They didn't offer any room upgrade or offer an explanation Overall, this is a hotel you look at from the outside but avoid ever staying at. They're values are alien to the City of Berkeley.
Response by The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa
Your review is of great concern to us. While it is truly not our place to respond to issues regarding any third party booking, we certainly regret if you experienced any confusion regarding any of our charges, as it is never our intention for guests to feel as if we are intentionally hiding anything. Our facilities fee does cover a whole host of exciting amenities and services such as wireless high speed Internet access, three hours of childcare at our Kids' Club, various group exercise classes, 3 pools, tennis courts, Mind & Body Center, fitness center and more. We appreciate your input and value your patronage.
Other trip May 25, 2014