All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Not returning"
The entire experience was a bust. I wrote it all down previously, but apparently it was too long. So the edited version is this. The place needs upgrading, better customer service, and warmer rooms. I've already warned friends to book elsewhere if they want a room near the airport in Calgary.
Response by Travelodge Hotel Calgary Airport
Thanks for your candid review I am really sorry to hear that service at hotel was not up to expectations. We have indeed taken your feedback into account in order to address the situation and avoid any re occurrence. Sincere Apologies
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2015
"Not really at the Airport"
Horrible hard bed. Thought it bruised me. Not brightly clean... felt dirty but nothing visibly dirty.
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
"Not recommended"
The room was noisy -- not very sound proof. Sounded like the elevator was going to come sailing into my room at any given moment. Very loud, little sketchy to ride in also.
Response by Travelodge Hotel Calgary Airport
Thank you for your candid review. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. we are renovating our hotel in near future to provide better standard of service
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"Bad hotel"
Rude staff. Room was very smelly and the AC didn't work. Will not be returning.
Response by Travelodge Hotel Calgary Airport
Thanks for taking time and giving us feedback. Apologies for the inconvenience caused due to staff and AC not working Your valuable feedback back is taken into consideration and will ensure to provide better customer service.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
"Dirty, old hotel, kind staff, but not worth the $$"
The hotel is dirty and old - empty cups in the hallway, a hair in my bed, outdated bathrooms, paint chipping on the walls. Not worth the price.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
"Only recommend for short overnight stays"
This place is only good for a short overnight stay. I wouldn't recommend it for a long trip. The customer service is absolutely horrible and the staff all lies to try to get you to pay more money. The room we were in had a messed up bathroom sink but after arguing with the hotel staff about having a fridge in my room, I was too tired to keep complaining
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
"Smoking smell in non-smoking room"
I booked non-smoking room. Hotel staff asked if I want to stay smoking room, and I repeated 'non-smoking room'. The sign on the door was non-smoking, but full of smoke smell I never experienced. No follow up after complain as well.
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"bad hotel ever stayed, dirty hotel"
Its rooms are so dirty ,beds vary old,sheets ,pillows were fitly and when I complained to the hotel desk,he was rude,he even said that he can cancel my booking so had stay but we checked one day ahead
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Worst hotel"
This the worst hotel ever. It is dirty, they clean the room, which they only fix the bed, and wipe the bathroom counter. No vacuuming, nothing else. And they do not leave towels. I had to ask for towels, when I got back to the room in evening to take a shower, and for that I had to wait for so long. Then they tell me because they were out of towels. Elevators do not work, if they do they are very slow. Horrible service. I should not of paid the rate I did for the bad experience, I should be refunded my money.
4 night trip Sep 4, 2015
freta
"First come shuttle service left me stranded"
Overnight stay at Calgary to catch a flight in the morning. Shuttle was already booked full for the time and hence we had to rent a car. That was not in the small print, hence be careful if the shuttle is a big part of your travel plan. Busy hotel with lots of guests checking in, be prepared to stand in line. Great location , hotel is adequately maintained, not great or spotless. Shows its age and elevators are slow because of traffic. Staff are helpful. Our check in person-did reserve a car for us to take to the airport in the morning. Would prefer not to stay here, if I had to do it again as the only reason I stayed here was proximity to the car rental place to return car and the shuttle (free) to the airport.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
was given a smoker's room initially but they switched me into a non-smoking room, so I was now able to sleep.A lot of good restaurant not far. McDonalds for breakfast 2 minutes away.
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
"s'alright"
Stayed here to prep for our trek through the mountains, like many people did. For this purpose, it was a good "last night of comfort" before trading in the fluffy hotel beds and temperature control for an air bed and freezing nights. The room was compact but efficiently stocked and all that we needed was there. Bathroom had all the nice soaps and towels, there was a coffee machine, tv, fridge, and a/c. Bed was nice and soft and room was clean. Heard some other people complain at the front desk but didn't have any issues. Hotels in Calgary seem to be pricey (why?) but this one was cheap and good. The Denny's nearby is a great place for good breakfast/dinner and they have free wifi too if you want to plan out your camping trip in the Rockies. Didn't check out the restaurant that was attached to the hotel. Pictures looked nice but a tad too pricey.
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
Room was small but clean/ Older building needs sprucing up but fine for overnite/ It would appear much nicer from the front if they swept under the canopy/ Numerous cigarette butts etc/ Ten minutes with a broom///// Three days late still waiting for credit on card for $50 deposit/ See what happens.
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Douglas
"What i expected."
It was clean and comfortable. A good home-base.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
kathy
Very poor hotel! You definitely get what you pay for. Stay somewhere else.
7 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
I'm not changing one thing I said about this hotel.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Do not stay here!"
Poor all the way around but service was worst. When we arrived we called the desk and told them there were no towels in the room. Went out and came back 4 hours later- still no towels. So we went down to the desk to get them but were told they had a laundry problem and they had NO TOWELS for our stay. They gave us four worn bath mats instead- yes, floormats. That was all they had to offer. Room was very small, unpleasant, and in a bleak and isolated area that is 25 minutes from the airport. Shuttle was overloaded and did not run frequently. Do not stay here!
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Dirty, unkempt, run down, smoke-filled hotel"
The first clue that we might not want to stay at this hotel was that five long-haired, unruly men wearing dirty, baggy clothing were standing outside the front doors of the hotel and smoking when we arrived. We checked in and was assigned a non-smoking room #602. When we got up there, the room had been smoked in and we asked for another room. We noticed that the hallway was filled with the stink of cigarette smoke. When we called the front desk, we were given another non-smoking room #502, but it smelled filthy inside, too. The clerk stated that their entire second floor is dedicated for smoking rooms, but the entire hotel stunk and was dirty. The carpets in the halls and rooms are worn out, there were holes in the walls in room #502 that appeared old and were not patched. We went to dinner and while out, decided not to stay at the hotel. I called Expedia who contacted the hotel who agreed to refund our money back to Expedia and Expedia agreed to credit my card and refund the $68.??. By the way, there were cigarette butts lying on the ground all around the front doors. I did not see an ash tray or anything to dispose of the butts. I saw people stomp them out on the ground. No one had cleaned up the butts in a long time. This hotel is a disgrace and I'm SHOCKED at you would allow it on your list of "surprise" hotels.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Good price for a decent place to spend the night"
Friendly staff, lots of facilities. The room was a little too hot initially and the A/C was underpowered, but eventually it cooled down. It is close to the airport and inexpensive, and sometimes, that is all that matters.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
balaji
"FUGLIEST !!STAY Away!! Complete waste of money"
The Worst service and Hotel I have ever stayed at. And I was there for not more that few hours.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Yash
It was a nice king room with all amenities. real good for price.
Response by Travelodge Hotel Calgary Airport
o On behalf of the entire team, our sincere thanks for choosing the Travelodge hotel and for your very thorough review
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Fine for cheap
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Pass this one completely."
Started our overnight stay with a bang... the keys weren't coded and I had arrived before the 2nd occupant, I had a long walk back to the lobby with all my luggage. Once inside the room, there was no toilet paper, only one washcloth, towel & hand towel for 2 persons. The air conditioning in the lobby seemed to work, but the rest of the place was stifling in the 38 degree heat. The small window air conditioner in the room was turned off when I got there. I turned it on and it was noisy, but appeared to work. About 5 minutes in, the air conditioner gave a loud gasp and started blowing the hot air from outside into the room. It played this cool/heat game all night and I had the choice to either be waken by the loud gasp every 5 minutes or give up any kind of air circulation. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. The bathroom was barely clean.. as was the room. The general disrepair of the hotel is evident. It needs to be completely renovated. The walls and ceiling of the room were painted over many other coats of paint with high gloss white paint. I suppose that was to try to put some kind of shine on the place. And finally... I dropped a piece of jewelry behind the night stand. When I moved it away from the wall I found 2 Hustler Magazines hiding underneath. There was no dust on those magazines, so someone had enjoyed them recently. Don't bother with this hotel. It should shut down until it is renovated and repaired.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Price is right"
The price was right. The hotel seemed to show its age. We also received two inexplicable phone calls after 10:30 that woke us up. When I tried to report it to the desk, the staff didn't seem to pick up the call.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Oma
"Experienced"
Since i checked in i changed room 2 times in 1 day, 1st room bathroom is filthy/dirty,2nd room they put me beside elevator, i tried to get some sleep, but to noisy everytime people coming i could hear it.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
edwin
Everything was great , however we got lost trying to find the hotel at night .
1 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
Hector
"Hotel was ok ."
We had a difficult time finding the hotel .
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
Hector
"Basic accommodations in Calgary"
Hotel is conveniently located close to the airport, free shuttle service.
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Hotel room is run down and the corridors are smelly.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Hotel near the airport"
Outside of the hotel was nice, rooms were small, bathroom had problems, toilet running at all times, shower dripping also, taking shower was a difficult task, it would get hot suddenly or cool down itself. Several people tried to fix it but did not work. Management is more interested in making money than providing service to guests.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Tahsin
"OK for a night"
The hotel is a little run down. The staff at the desk should be a little more efficient and but so rude.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"One good front desk clerk out of about 6."
I guess they were having a bad time with employees so things didn't go well for my stay. The coffee maker didn't work and after two days they finally replaced it, the hair dryer didn't work either and after two days it started to work. I know I specifically asked for non smoking but my room was a smoker and they didn't have a non smoking room till the next day. They seem to get a lot of complaints, someone was always complaining every time I walked by the front desk but in all fairness they did give me a price reduction so I will likely stay there again but pay better attention to what I am getting.
4 night trip May 15, 2015
Don
"It beat sleeping in Calgary International Airport"
I took a late flight from Mexico with a late arrival in Calgary. My connection to Vancouver was the next morning. This hotel beat sleeping in the airport. The room was clean, quiet and functional. The only problem I ran into was that the free shuttle service to and from the airport was a bit slow and sporadic. The first shuttle in the morning didn't leave until 7AM. With morning delays in clearing security I ended up running for my flight in my socks. It all worked out.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2015
"Cops found murderer during our stay!"
The room was tiny with over sized furniture wich made packing/unpacking so difficult. The wifi consantly kicks you off and makes you sign in again but the craziest that happened during our stay was the murderer that barricated themself in the 2nd floor for 13hours while the cops where trying to arrest them! Not sure of the full story because it all went down while we were sleeping on the first floor, but seriously?!!! Oh, and our TV did not work.... During the hockey games!!! We had to ask for it to be changed out and it took a couple days.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Amber
"That bad I walked out after 2 hrs"
No running water and dirty corridors and stairwells. Staff didn't seem to care.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Mikey
"GROSS"
This was a filthy disgusting hotel. The room was so small we couldn't pass each other and the carpets were growing bugs. The only amenity was a hair dryer that didn't work. No continental breakfast. When you walk in the front door there are smokers smoking right in your face and cigarette butts everywhere.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Shelly
"Rate"
There was no iron in the room to use. The hotel location is key for the airport and the restaurant should be accessible for hotel guest not special parties.
3 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
angela
"Great Staff"
The staff was very good and helpful. Great Location, walking distance to restaurants and Mall. Very Clean, at least my room.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"so so"
resturant, cold and boaring. really needs decor. would have liked to eat at hotel, but needs work.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Too far from the airport"
Shuttle driver well I prefer not to comment 1 poor 10 really good in this case 0
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
louis
it was good experience to stay in hotel and i have been staying few of time in that hotel,and when ever,i cant travel,they are all way happy to cheng the booking for next date free of cost,and is bit expacib,but is ok
"Good Stay"
Very nice hotel enjoyed my stay great mattress and fluffy pillows
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Will be staying here again"
Service was good and friendly. The bed and bedding was very comfortabke. The shuttle service was excellent and the location was great
2 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Horrible"
Would not stay there again!
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"not near airport"
The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is 15 min. From airport. Not close by. The hotel is dirty...but rooms are adequate.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Lowest YYC listed and worth less than the fee!"
Very worn rooms, broken room fixtures. Friendly check in staff. Basic accommodation for an overnight stay and airport shuttle.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"Close to airport"
Was a small room. The bathroom didn't have much counter space and there was no hair dryer. One of the elevators did not work. it was fine for one night. The bed was comfortable .
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
liz
"Very bad experience"
Shuttle bus was an hour late at night , was very cold , service at desk was not very good, didn't get complimentry breakfast like I was promised
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
Evelyn
Bed had hairs all over and bathroom was stinking . Carpet was dirty. It shouldn't be advertised as hotel. It should be a motel
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
shah
Will never stay there again
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014