All hotels in Addison, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here600 E Lake St, Addison, IL, 60101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.7
    2.6
    2.5
    2.2
    2.8
"Stayed overnight-next day early departure."
Hotel location was good. Room was clean and comfortable for our needs. Was an overnight stay due to early flight departure the next morning. Service was courteous and adequate for our needs. Should we need to find a hotel close to O'Hare airport again, we would stay at this location.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Had no other choice"
This was the LAST hotel that was available to stay in as all other hotels were sold out due to a show in Chicago and several canceled flights due to weather(I was one of those canceled flights). I would never recommend staying here unless it is the only hotel avaliable. It smelled, rooms are dark and musty smelling. However, I am thankful that it was a place that I could get a quick shower and lay my head for about 4 hours until I caught my flight out.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Good value fairly close to the Chicago O'Hare Airp"
We were pleased with the cleanliness of the motel. They are doing some renovations, but didn't seem to disrupt the overall feeling of it. Clean towels, sheets, spread... smelled clean.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Hotel is in terrible condition"
Hotel looks bad inside and out. It smells. Cleaning staff working and making noise in hallway at 11 pm. Wouls not stay there again.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"A place to stay for a night"
The front desk lady was mean, they change my key 3 times because didnt work, the good thing was that the house keeping lady was very friendly and she gave me another room, the hall smelled terrible like wet carpet and cigarrettes I was suppoused to be in a non smoking area, it is just the place for that price to stay for one night not for vacations
Other trip May 18, 2014
Martha
"what a dump"
its sucked
7 night trip May 2, 2014
"This place is old"
This place was old and it smelled like it. There was people working on their cars in the parking lot. One day my room service didn't even show up.
3 night business trip May 2, 2014
"Crappy hotel."
There were so many things wrong with the room, I don't know where to begin. I went to the restroom and discovered some kind of debris in the toilet. The air conditioner/heating unit was damaged. The water never got hot; I ended up taking a lukewarm shower. There was nothing special about the accommodations.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Pretty Good"
The hotel was satisfactory. I didn't pay a lot of money for the room, so I wasn't expecting 5 star accommodations, but it was clean and smelled nice. If you need somewhere sanitary to stay within a certain income range, that give this a try. Also there was plenty of food nearby, and many of them delivered.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Kiki
"Horrible"
Horrible. No hot water. No ventilation in the smoking rooms. Will NEVER stay again. Felt like a Crack Hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
"Never again!!!"
It was horrible, the hotel need a whole new makeover the elevator is all the way down the hallaway, no where near the front entrance. We had no hot water to take a shower at all. I will never recommend this place to anyone.
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
"Worst hotel stay ever"
The place is dirty and outdated. The staff is rude. I had to go back to the service desk twice because I was given keys to two different rooms that didn't work. When I did get a key that worked, the room was ice cold and the heater barely worked so I had to go to the service desk a third time to ask for a different room. Howard Johnson should be ashamed to have their name on this franchised hotel. Expedia needs to take this hotel off of thier list of hotels to book. Very bad experience overall.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Not close to the airport!"
Waited to check in for about 10 minutes. No one was at the desk or in any of the offices. The room was awful, no amenities, and hard bed. I will never stay here again!
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Worst experienece I have ever had"
This stay, actually, my stay did not exist. I simply booked this cheap hotel for a few hours between my travels to lay my head down and catch up on some sleep. I was aware that it had low ratings, but I was hoping it would be at least acceptable enough to catch up on sleep for about 6 hours. Once my flight landed in Chicago, I called the hotel and asked them the procedure for the shuttle, to which I found out it did not exist. I went out and grabbed a taxi instead, to which the cab driver notified me that I would be charged "time and a half" since the hotel was in a suburb of Chicago- which means that for every 10, I got charged 15. This added up to almost 100 one way! I still had to take the taxi back!!! This was ridiculous- I've spoken to the website and they said they will modify the shuttle comment. Since I did not even make it to the hotel due to cab fares, I can't comment any further.
1 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2014
"Gross"
Service sucked. Room wasn't much better.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Will never stay here again"
Saw a bug and had to kill it Old furniture Dirty floors Cobb webs everywhere Old heater went from hot to cold Old fridge that we had to pay for Only 5 channels on tv, when called the front desk no one answered. The second time he said he was busy and he would call back but never made the attempt to call back Dark hotel No one should eat their "Continental breakfast" Uncomfortable beds Cracks in the wall Hard Water stains on the surfaces Ran out of tissue couldn't get more We checked out early I left my shower gel they claimed they had already threw it out. Long checkin process Only one attendant at the desk Maintenance man was unpresentable and motives were questionable Only 3 outlets for lamps and the tv and the old fridge because of this the clock and the coffee pot had to be unplugged so we could charge our phones.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Adesuwa
"Outside does not match the inside"
Very good price for the room. The inside looks a lot better than the outside. Conveniently located. Wallpaper was coming up and the bed was a little hard but over all, it was worth the $50.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
jameson
"Not very satisfied"
Very difficult to find. Located behind commercial building and signage not very noticeable. Drove past it numerous times before finally locating facility. Poor breakfast provided. Room had "musty" odor and door would not lock unless pulled firmly. People that didn't appear to be guests were using facilities like lobby computer, watching TV, etc.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
From Indiana
"You get what you pay for..."
I don't require a lot, and I shopped basically for price when I was looking for a hotel for this last weekend. First problem was the lack of a fridge...when I called the front desk, I was told I could "rent" one for $10. a night. What looked like a fridge, turned out to be a locked, no longer used mini-bar. Breakfast was a waxy donut, and a bowl of cereal. Room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. Clearly an older, declining hotel, but I wasn't looking to be impressed. It was about 9 degrees outside, and our heater started blowing ice cold air in the middle of the night. I turned it off, let it sit, and then turned it back on a total of 9 times. Front desk said they didn't have a space heater to give us, but would move us to another room. We declined, due to the large amount of gear we had in the room, and the time of night. Shower water was very warm, and perfect after a cold night. Elevator was entertaining, as it reminded us of something out of a horror movie. :) Not the condition, but the rather rapid and jerky way the door would close, and then fly open when we reached our floor. The satellite was "temporarily out of order", and they were "working on it". I would imagine that they hadn't had satellite for months or even years... I had forgotten my toothbrush, and followed the directions of the placard on the bathroom sink, and went to the front desk to get one. Of course, they had just given out their last one...
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Tony
"TERRIBLE"
THE SHUTTLE DRIVER WAS DRUNK AND SWERVING ON AN ICY NIGHT/ THE HEAT WAS BROKEN/ THE ELECTRICITY DIDN'T WORK IN THE FIRST ROOM WE HAD AND THEN THE SECOND ROOM WASN'T MUCH BETTER...OVERALL IT WAS BARELY BETTER THAN SLEEPING OUTSIDE
1 night trip Feb 3, 2014
"Low Price/Low Expectations"
Not bad for the very low price--not exactly "nice" but not disgusting either.
2 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"COLD ROOM"
Our stay was in January when temperatures were cold. However, heat in hotel was broken and rooms were heated by the air conditioners. Apparently staff would turn them on in advance of guests coming. Our first room was frigid and our second was better but was not comfortable the next morning.
Other trip Jan 10, 2014
"A bed; Nothing more except bad service"
I have stayed at this hotel a few times to save money. My stays were never good. This was the worse. I will never go back again. During this visit, I was called back into the hotel from the parking lot and accused of not paying for my room. When I checked in, I gave my confirmation number, my name and the clerk gave me a room key. To confirm that I paid for my room,, I, once again, gave my confirmation number and showed my receipt. The desk clerk said I had to pay again because they could not find the reservation and the receipt I showed was not adequate. I wasn't allowed to talk to manager. They would not call Hotels.com for assistance. It became a big scene. I eventually just left after being told I could not leave the hotel. Other issues:. The heating system did not work properly. I had to turn off the heater and then turn it back on around 4 am so it would not be freezing in the room I wake. I tried to use the phone for a wake up call and it did not work. I then tried to set the alarm clock. It did not work. I had to re-dress and go to the lobby to ask for my phone to be fixed or an alarm clock. neither request was done. The TV did not work. The best part was the wireless internet did work well.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Leslie
"Fair"
The hotel is fair.it is ok for it's rating.it was good value for money
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2013
Salaam
Hotels.com do not recomend this hotel ,the stuf not profesional at oll......
1 night business trip Nov 22, 2013
"no more"
Newer noooo
3 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
silva
"Affordable and nice location"
Room was nice. Staff I dealt with knew what they were doing. The building is older, but safe and secure. Everything worked in my room and the room was clean. Breakfast was basic hotel fare with nothing too fancy. Location is near the metro and I was able to drive to meet my Amtrak on time. The location is near many shopping a food establishments. I booked online and saved a few bucks. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in that area. It's priced right and just what I needed.
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Horror"
I would not reccomend this hotel to my worst enemy.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
Jose
Had a terrible experience with this hotel. I booked the hotel online and they asked me to pay by credit card. I was given an address which could not be found and they don't answer calls!! I have been charged for the room even though I told them i could not find the address and I had to pay the entire amount, as they were reluctant to refund even a part of the charge. They told me it was 4 miles from the O'Hare airport when it is actually 19 miles and I had to spend $100 on the cab. In short, it was a nightmare and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
"Would not recommend"
The pictures on the website have to be 10 years old. The hallways were dark and smelly. The elevator was scary when it would move and only fit 2 people. The 2 doors to go in to the hotel were broke. A bad experience and will not be going back.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Horrible!!"
Dirty walls and light switches. Long wait times at desk no matter how many people were in line. Breakfast was terrible. No selection and dirty tables, counters, and walls. The juice was watered down also. Other people that worked there besides older man and younger woman at front desk were nice. They were very mean. She talked rude to other guests. After the first night there( I got the room for three days) we left for the day and came back to an empty room. They packed my stuff and took it down to there laundry room. The mean older man at the front desk kept telling me it wouldn't have happened if I had told them I was staying another day. I asked why should I have to when I should be in your computer and he just told me next time just tell us your staying another night. It didnt even make sense. The air conditioner stayed on the entire time we were there and it never cooled down in the room. The sign in the hallway with the room direction was wrong. Horrible! Never ever go back!!
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"It worked for me"
Average for the price
2 night trip Sep 17, 2013
"Very Terrible Place."
The people who run the place are highly unprofessional
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"Ok if you have a car"
Clean. Personal at the front desk always talkig on the phone and not really giving the best service. Overall very allright for the price. Thumbs up
3 night romance trip Aug 30, 2013
"Scary"
We traveled in and arrived late at night- there was verrry loud music and people gathered around in front of hotel. Gentleman checking in was swearing and very disrespectful to worker and myself but was not asked to stop at any point by worker. I waited fifteen minutes for this one man to check in and then be assisted. Our car was tampered with in parking lot overnight in the hotel parking lot. The room was very stuffy and humid and the water smelled awful! The light when walking into the room did not work when turned by switch when entering the door...will spend more and stay closer to the city next time.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
"staff is impolite"
I booked a two-bed room, but they forced me to change to a one-bed room. That's like robbery of my money.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Fine for a nite"
VERY basic and not much open nearby-- at least when I arrived at about midnight. It all depends on how much u want to save the $20 difference between this and the next step up. CAREFUL-- they had a sign saying $20 for the airport shuttle. I had called to get the shuttle hours-- the fee wasn't mentioned. I ended up not needing it
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
JD
"Need to discuss"
when i booked the hotel it was 51 $, but the moment i booked the rate got changed to 47$, after visiting the hotel i feel that hotel is not worth even 30$
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
ramachandra.pai
"Bang for your buck"
Nice hotel for price good breakfast. Excellent customer service. Rooms spacey with a 90's vibe.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Koolie
"One night stay"
We were there for only one night and although when we arrived, it looked sketchy and the staff was not friendly at the counter...I was surprised by how clean the room was. So, for one night...it is worth it! For a longer stay...I would definitely NOT recommend it!
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
S-M S
"Hotel near Maywood"
As expected, no more, no less. I knew what I was going into, and it served its purpose. I am grateful!
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Cal
"Worst hotel (not ever) but still up there."
The second I walked into the lobby the receptionist was pretty rude with her death glare and didn't even give a friendly hello or anything. afterwards going into the hotel room itself the smell of a non smoking room was pretty awful. It smelled like slightly used rags for the first few mins or so. afterwards I guess your nose gets accustomed to the smell (sadly to say) Then to also note the actual TV didn't work so we had nothing to do except watch videos on our smartphones (It looked like someone tried to tare out the Cable cord from the actual jack in the wall cause the hole could easily come out if touched) All in all this was a pretty bad hotel sadly to say cause its actually in a nice area.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
Albert
"Where's my wallet?"
We arrived so very late. The desk clerk was very nice, and polite. We were so tired, that I left my wallet on the dash. The next morning I was in a panic. I went down to the car and there was my wallet. It was laying open with money hanging out. It was a stupid error on my part, but what a relief, and I felt very safe. I would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Howard Johnson Addison, Chicago"
Overnight with my family here to catch an early flight next day, night manager checked is in a room with a broken A/C, when complained he told us he's busy checking in people so we've got to wait until he's finish. we demamded he take care of us since we were before whoever is been checked in, he got very unpleasant before switching us to another room filled with pet furs, A/C blows but NOT cooling. Hotel is old & dirty, very outdated! Our stay was a total disaster!!!
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Rose
Great Hotel for a great price, friendly staff!!! Felt secure and got great sleep!!!^_^
4 night business trip Aug 7, 2013
"Nevr Again"
Filthy facility. Rude desk staff. Dark dirty hallways. The one elevator never cleaned on the 3rd morning food spilled and ground into the floor. Staff said it happened over night. No on had pride enough to clean it up? First room had no working TV. After a days work we returned to an un cleaned room no garbage emptied and no clean towels. We I called down I was told to come to the desk to get them. No face cloths were out of the dryer yet. I was told to come back and get them by a very rude desk clerk. No iron but ironing board in the room. Ants on the night stand. My work colleague wondered if it was a Flop House or Bates motel. NEVER Again. I have already written the owner and Wyndham hotels the umbrella Corporation for Howard Johnson about the deplorable conditions of this facility..
2 night trip Aug 8, 2013
PJ
"My Mistake For Going Cheap"
Reserved a cheap room for 2 nights to attend Sunday's Lollapalooza. I assumed that a hotel with "O'Hare Airport'' in its name would be in that general area, not a 1/2 hr $47.00 cabfare. There was a $40 shuttle from O'Hare but it stopped operating at 11pm (10 minutes before our arrival from San Francisco... who knew?) Once there we were greeted with obvious confusion: another 1/2 hr wait for the staff to clean a room, an additional 1/2 hr for the guy to bring us a remote control for the unwatchable relic once called a television ("...I found this one in the basement for you!"). The air-conditioner was installed at foot-level and ineffective. I could not sleep feeling like such a loser so I spent most of the night on a terrible internet connection finding a more appropriate hotel to our needs, for a sum much less than the transportation required for the to-and-fro into downtown Chicago's Grant Park. We checked out the next day/ate the lousy $50/second night with glee. Live & learn: you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"don't expect a lot"
Booked this hotel cuz it was cheap n I could drive to the blue line. Didn't expect a lot. Got what I expected. Beds n room was cleaned every day and towels replenished. Brought a cooler cuz $15 extra for a fridge or microwave. Continental breakfast is done on the cheap.Expect cheap donuts, cereal, make your own oatmeal from a bag. Bad coffee n stopped serving by 945. A microwave at breakfast would have been nice. Nice staff in morning. Rude staff late at night.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2013
lollapalooza
"Fine hotel for a night"
Experience was fine. There is no pool and a pretty lackluster exercise room. There are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room but overall the rooms are just fine. Hotel was perfect for what we needed-a night close to the airport with restaurants nearby.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Pet Friendly"
The first night air condition didn't work well but the staff upgraded us to the 3rd floor the remainder of our stay. Much better room including the mattress than on 2nd floor. There was some confusion regarding charges for a pet but I was pleased that they were pet friendly. I would stay here again
5 night trip Jul 25, 2013