All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
1450 Lombard StSan FranciscoCA94123United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

• Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"Convenient and clean... Worked well for us!"
We needed a spot conveniently located to the majority of the city's attractions and this fit the bill. Having five people total was proving to be challenging and this Travelodge was a great alternative to staying in a neighboring city and taking transit in. We walked to the wharf area with no problem at all. The free breakfast wasn't super fulfilling, however it was still okay. Big shout out to Carlos, the evening clerk, he was very considerate and friendly in every interaction!
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Lee
"Good value in San Francisco"
This was a good value for San Francisco. We got a large room which was nice for a family of 5. The location near Fisherman's Wharf was right where we needed to be. Only complaint was the air conditioner wouldn't regulate - we had to turn it on and off manually as the thermostat didn't work. Otherwise, great experience.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Lester
"Good location hotel in SF"
Good location
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
luis
"close to Fisherman's wharf."
Hotel staff was very friendly :) But it was a little of it too expensive for just one night.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
princess
"First Family Trip=Sucess"
Very nice hotel great view from our room 304
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"A tired hotel 15mins walk from Fisherman's Wharf"
The location is reasonable, within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf and buses are available to other parts of the city close by. The hotel is tired and old and the breakfast area is far too small. Between 7am and 9am, you are lucky if you can sit down and the choice is not good. Breakfast finishes at 9am. The rooms are a decent size with room for 2 queen beds and a fold out bed and our room was cleaned to a good standard each day. Parking is limited and the reception staff are not particularly friendly. San Francisco is an expensive place to stay especially when you are a family of five but I would struggle to recommend it.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
family
"Mid range motel in central location."
For SF, this place was a reasonable price for the location. 10 min walk to Fisherman's Wharf area. I was surprised my room was so large and even had a small private patio. My room had a separate room with the tub/shower from the toilet and sink room. The tub was a large soaking tub which I used a couple of times and I am 6 ft. The hotel was full all the days I was there (Sunday to Wednesday). I never tried the hotel breakfast because it was jammed every day and a line out the door.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
GWB
"walk to the wharf"
Great Location, good value for the price. My expectations were low-just needed a place to lay our heads at night. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, the breakfast and the efficient staff.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Alice
"Great room with breakfast too"
Room was spacious and had a bonus of a small deck with ability to keep open slider for fresh air.
1 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
"Pricey for quality"
No iron in rooms. Bathroom very small with rickety fan. Never felt safe.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Great location, great staff members!"
We stayed here while visiting the bay area of San Francisco. Great location, VERY helpful staff members at the front desk, who took care of our needs even though we arrived rather late. We will definitely stay here again when visiting San Francisco.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Denise R
"NOT GREAT"
Customer service was not great, they wouldn't honor an early check-in and also charged extra for parking for a 20 hour stay when we already paid $275. The room was old and sloped inside, but decently clean.
Response by Travelodge By The Bay
Thank you for your review and we are sorry that your stay wasn't what you expected. please note the following. Early check-in was not possible because the hotel was full the night before. The rooms were completely renovated in January 2013. Parking is a premium in San Francisco just like most big cities.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
Angela
"Disappointed with price and accommodation."
I was looking for a hotel close to Fort Mason for an event I was participating in. This was the closest, so I booked it. It was a little pricey, but I figured it would be worth it. We arrived to find no open parking spots. After waiting a while, we were able to take a spot when someone else left. Check-in was great. The gentleman was very kind. You have to pay for parking in their lot ($15) which seems like a rip when you've already paid almost $250 for the room. We walked into the room and were a bit surprised by the dingy carpet and funky bedspread. I took a shower and found a bunch of hair all over the shower before I got in. Gross. The bed was like a rock and the walls were thin (so we could hear everything going on in the rooms around us). We both didn't sleep at all. The best part was the close proximity to Fort Mason.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Lydia
"Very comfortable location"
Had a nice time. Hotel has a convenient location. Clean and staff are friendly
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"SECOND TIME STAYING HERE - LOVE IT!"
I don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else while in SF. This place is absolutely wonderful. We park for the whole entire time we are in town and don't worry about our car until we leave. We walk everywhere as it's so easy to go places from this location. Highly recommend the "city sightseeing" tour bus as it took us to all places we wanted to visit during our stay. It's also close to city bus stops and it takes you wherever you like to go. Hotel staff is super friendly and accomodating. Beds are crazy comfortable and rooms are super spacious. Highly recommend this hotel!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"great place to stay"
hotel room was nice inside and close to pier 39. Only downside was no microwave even though there was a fridge. parking garage only goes to 6.5' so we could not park our van inside it. Decent breakfast selection
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
"Cool!"
Went there for a Family vacation! Everything is close so you don't need to travel far when you go places. Price is great for the location. Would totally stay here again when we go back to Frisco.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Alma
"Great hotel by the wharf."
the staff was great, friendly and helpful. The room was big enough to accommodate my whole family.
4 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Great!"
I was here in a group of five for pride in San Francisco. The hotel was a perfect location for us. Close to several good breakfast places like Lombard Cafe and Peter D's, Fisherman's wharf, a liquor store, and a bus stop to take us to the pride events. The staff members were friendly and showed us how to get to where we wanted to go. Parking was $15 a day and parking was tight, but those two things had absolutely no impact on how much fun I had in the city. I'd book here again, without a doubt.
3 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2015
"Lousy Hotel, Great Location"
This hotel is all about the location. The room left very much to be desired. Cramped, drab, old and just felt very dirty. Breakfast was a plus. Location was amazing.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"bad service"
The guy (guest relation in the front desk) drink alcohol that night 6/12, it was scary, the way he talked, and smelled alcohol. He was going back and forth, to the room, i can see he picked up something in the room, and drink, and came back. it was really bad GSR :(
Response by Travelodge By The Bay
I apologize for what you had experienced during your stay. We had already suspicions with this employee and had identified him. This employee has now been terminated. Thank you for your feedback.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
yohanes
"Lynne"
Hotel was a good deal the price was right and it was an average hotel. The location is good a lot closer to major attractions than I would have thought. Recommend this hotel and would stay there again in the future for the price.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
Lynne
"Nice Place"
Nice place to stay, very quiet neighborhood and few blocks away from Fishermans Wharf.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Ryan
Needed a room for 3 nts while in San fran. Room and bedding were very comfortable. Continental breakfast had plenty of choices. Was a bit farther from fisherman's wharf than other hotels but worth it for the $$ I saved. Parking was crowded but they have more than 1 lot. Just have to ask inside. They do charge $17/day for parking which is much cheaper than any garage in the city. Overall nothing fancy but it was clean and met our needs just fine. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
sue
"Quiet Hotel at a walking distance from Fisherman's"
Nice hotel close to Fisherman's warf but one Travelodge has a better location.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
jean-Noel
"MEH"
Parking is pretty dreadful and not free, almost $15.00 to self park. Bare bones room. TV works. Use A/C or fan setting to drown out Lombard St noise. Muffins, yogurt, cold cereal and coffee in "breakfast room". Will not return.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"A decent hotel"
Family with two kids, went to a concern in SF and stayed for the night. A very decent hotel for a very reasonable price. The breakfast is nice and the parking is not too expensive. Would come again!
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Larisa
"Nice place for the cost, good location"
We stayed here last week for a quick 2 night to the city. The staff was pleasant and allowed us to leave our bags at the desk until check in time. The room was clean and large but nothing fancy. Bathroom was quite small but functional. The location was very good. It is less than a mile walk to Fisherman's Warf and it is an easy walk. The other direction is also more attractions just a short distance away. The continental breakfast was blah but you're in San Fran with over 4500 restaurants so that's not a big deal. Overall pleased with this hotel and I would recommend it to others.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"2 star experience, good location"
Front desk staff was confused and checked me in a room that wasn't ready. Then it took an hour and a half for them to finish the room while I waited. The condition of the hotel is fine. My room was clean and spacious. There was a fridge, which was nice. It is a pretty good location near Russian Hill, also close to fishermans wharf and marina district. I typically stay at 3.5 and 4 star hotels and there is a marked difference in service.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
"Hard bed"
Nice staff, Clean room, but bed wasn't pillow top. Too hard, Ouch! Breakfast was lacking.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Maui Pearl
"Good location!"
Very pleasant stay. Loved how the room had a patio! Good location to adventure to fisherman's wharf by foot! Would return!
Other trip May 30, 2015
"A little odd"
When we arrived, we were informed that the boiler was being repaired and would be fixed by 6:00. We headed out for a walk about 9:00pm and they said that it had been turned on and was warming up. By 11:00pm we didn't even have warm water. We called downstairs - they said that the boiler installation didn't work and they would be coming back the next day. We heard the workers leave at 6:00 - which meant that the front desk lied to my face when they said it was warming up. The room was quiet - but to access it we had to go through the garage - and all we had was a small court yard about 8x8 with a view of a wall. I was very disappointed when I realized they lied - I quickly went on expedia and found another hotel a few blocks away. Expedia has refunded the booking at this hotel.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Rebecca
"Perfect location, pleasing experience"
The various staff members were always accommodating in a friendly way, and always prompt and informative when asking questions about transportation, needs, etc. The continental breakfast suffices for one's needs, since, after all, one will likely eat at fabulous restaurants. All in all, my wife and I appreciated our stay at this hotel.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Rich
Motel overall was nice didnt like room 103 as window view was outdoor patio to restaurant right next door. Couldn't open window at night as you were staring at the dinners at restaurant.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Travelodge by the Bay"
Clean rooms. Lift to upper floors quite a challenge if you have a lot of bags. Amenities of free continental breakfast and access to a (coin operated) laundry mat a plus. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2015
Derek
Great location for the price.
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Convenient location"
Worked for what we need for one night to get to an early morning appointment.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Sue
It was clean, but much father from Fisherman's Wharf than the hotel advertises.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Kinda blah"
They added a fee for parking at check in. They also charged for a roll away bed. The rooms weren't very clean, and the place was just kind of run down. Location in the city was pretty good.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Jack
"Near Tragedy turns Pleasant"
Upon arrival, after a very trying day, our first night was a wreck. Through some twist of fate we were placed in a handicapped accessible room. We didn't immediately realize this. The room was right next to the office & street, imagine the noise. Next morning we take our showers in the adapted bathroom (horrors). My husband went to complain at the front desk and happened upon the best manager ever. She immediately recognized our plight, apologized profusely and moved us to a second floor, back side room. It was wonderful spacious & quiet. We were comped garage parking; one night @ no charge and taxi fare to our prescheduled excursion. From then forward we were very pleased with our accommodations. I would happily recommend this TraveLodge.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Vicki
"perfect walking distance from everything"
Perfect walking distance from everything.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Jacob
"great customer service by the hotel staff."
Hotels.Com messed my reservation up and reserved my room at a differnt hotel and they gave me a room for the hotels.Com price and hotels.Com could do nothing for me except refund my money. I was doing night work and had only a 5 hour window to get sleep and hotels.Com was horrible.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
Shawn
"2015 San Francisco Vacation"
Room was dirty upon arrival. Hotel staff addressed the issue immediately and cleaned the room as soon as it was brought to their attention. Would suggest they leave more towels and room amenities each day, that way, as a longer stay guest, I would actually save them labor by skipping full service every day. Overall, really like the hotel and it's location.Liked an operable window that opened wide, that was actually a plus. The staff were attentive and professional. Would stay there again in SF.
7 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
"getaway"
it was good a little noise but not bad
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Raymond
"San Francisco Friends trip"
Great trip to the City! Unfortunately our check in process was not as pleasant as we had hoped. We were able to work around it and the rest of the stay was nice. Really friendly front desk staff on check out and nice we can leave luggage until time of departure. All in all, we will stay there again. Next trip we will make different arrangements at check in.
2 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
tami
"good stay"
The hotel was in a good location. the rooms were adequate for what it is and the price was great. The rooms were refurbished and we're clean. It's was exactly what we were looking for.
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
scott
"One night"
Paper thin walls with a noisy neighbor and an attempt to charge me 18 bucks for parking when I repeatedly told them I didn't have a car plus the saddest breakfast spread ever all equals a bad experience. Don't do it.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Many hidden fees"
There was 5 of us. 3 kids and 2 adults. The title of the room was double rooms and double beds. It was 1 room with 2 double beds. So I had to pay $17 for a 5'5" foldout bed. I'm 6'0". Then there was also the fee for parking. Another $17. Continental breakfast was muffins and bagels.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Perfectly basic"
When in San Francisco you never hang out in your room. Being on a budget we wanted to spend money in the City, not just the room. The room was clean, had high ceilings. We could hear our neighbors but what hotel is sound proof quiet? The breakfast was basic, and held us over to lunch. Never had to stress about parking. Walking distance to dining and if you are adventurous, like us, walk all the way up Lombard to the crooked street. Staff was very nice.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Hotel was nice, included breakfast. Room was clean, bedding was decent. Close to everything, within walking distance. We never took the car out. Felt very safe at this location.
Janette