All hotels in Waukegan, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3800 Northpoint Blvd, Waukegan, IL, 60085, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent room good location"
Rooms were standard. There is a bar adjacent to the hotel with an outdoor patio that plays music late into the night. This is great if you want to drink and horrible if you want to sleep. The hotel is close to six flags great America and they have a shuttle, but you can only use thier shuttle if you purchase tickets through them. Food served in the lobby is quite gross. It's all microwaved pre-cooked food, but the lounge in the lobby is nice. Overall decent.
2 night business trip May 30, 2014
The stay was great. The location is ideal with both restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The food available was also great and convenient before we left in the morning.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Hotel Waukegan"
We were in town to visit our niece stationed at the Naval base there. The location was great! Staff very eager to please. Several restaurants, shopping facilities, and a bank within walking distance.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great place to stay for Navy Graduation"
We stayed here for my son's Navy Graduation and we were very happy with it. It's only about 15 minutes from the base and close to several restaurants. The Bistro located in the hotel has wonderful food too. The rooms were very clean, which to me, is the most important thing about a hotel and the beds were really comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they are used to having families there for graduation and have a lot of info about it.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
"Great stay in Waukegan"
I thoroughly enjoyed staying in the hotel. The room was nice and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The restaurant next door was a little noisy at night but hey, it was a weekend.
3 night trip May 8, 2014
I really enjoyed my stay. It was the perfect from the time I arrived to the time I checked out. It's not that far from the Naval Base, there's a Wal-Mart & shopping center across the road, the room was nice and cozy and the staff was wonderful.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
Cicely
"Navy Graduation"
This hotel really goes out of their way to make the Navy Graduates and their families feel special. Super clean facility and clean comfortable rooms. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful. Kelly at the front desk helped us immediately as to what to expect during the Navy Graduation, signing us up for their shuttle to the Naval Base, as well as what to expect for our sailors liberty time. Thank you Kelly, you are amazing. Great little bistro for breakfast. We stayed for four nights and enjoyed every minute of our stay.
4 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Nick L.
"Close to Navy Recruit Center"
The only complaint I have is that there are no fans/vents in the bathroom.
4 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
Jenn
"Good hotel"
Hotel met expectations
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Great room layout"
I loved the room layout. It was clean. They had a pool but no hot tub. Like most people, I won't casually swim unless I can warm up. All in all, it had everything I want with no issues.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
"Navy graduation"
Very comfy beds, nice and helpful staff. Very clean and tidy.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"modern amenities"
great lounge area, quick bites, bar. hot tub with strong jets and super hot!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"Great!"
Very nice rooms. Front desk people very accommodating.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Nice, clean hotel"
We enjoyed our stay! The hotel is close to the Navy Recruit Center in Great Lakes. The Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Rene
excellent
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
bennie
"Navy Graduation"
We were in town for my little brothers Navy Bootcamp Graduation. There were 4 of us and we shared a room. The room was just how it was shown in the pictures. The location of the hotel is excellent, its about 2-3 miles away from the base. Two turns and your there. Its also conveniently located next door to a Starbucks, Dennys, Chili's, Wal-Mart, Chipotle, Buffalo Wild Wings, and many other stores and restaurants. We passed by a few other hotels I thought about booking, and I'm really glad we went with The Courtyard, it was the perfect location.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the Naval Base we visited"
This was a nice hotel with a variety of eateries as well as shopping nearby. It was also close to the area we were there to visit
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Marty
"Very Nice"
Everything was fine.
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
Retiring GI Joe
"Navy Parents"
For any parents/family visiting their sailors for graduation, this is an excellent place to stay. It is about a 10-12 minute drive from RTC. The hotel offers a shuttle on Friday (graduation day) mornings, which I highly recommend. If you drive your own car, you're subject to a vehicle search and the cars back up very early in the morning. The staff at the Courtyard were unbelievably helpful in providing information and directions (on pre-printed cards) for places to see, shop and eat. There is a Walmart directly across the street, a McDonalds, Buffalo Wild Wings, Starbucks and Denny's within a block of the hotel. They also provide computers and a printer for printing boarding passes and directions. The rooms were clean and quiet. Again, the staff will go out of their way to provide whatever assistance a visiting parent needs. I highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Nice hotel/Convenient to military base"
The hotel was very clean and nice. Priced just right!
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
"Exceptional experience..."
We stayed at this hotel while in the area to attend a graduation at the Great Lakes Naval Base. All the staff we encountered were very friendly, professional and extremely helpful, especially in regards to providing information and recommendations pertaining to the graduation ceremony. Have stayed at many hotels over the years and can not recall a time when the overall experience was as pleasant and enjoyable as this.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Best hotel in Waukegan"
What is their not to like about the Courtyard Mariott . Stayed at one in Vicksburg MS. Same great service clean rooms pool was great. Not one bad comment. When ever I need a room in the continental USA I look for Courtyard Mariott.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
bruce
"navy boot camp graduation"
Perfect place to stay for boot camp grads.....great staff...
2 night trip Jan 30, 2014
navy mom
"Perfect for anybody going to the naval graduation"
I enjoyed the stay very much, very accomadating
3 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"great staff"
Personnel very friendly and helpful. Disappointed by restaurant as it is really several tables in the middle of the lobby and not even in a separate room or alcove. Would definitely stay there again as there are plenty of restaurants close by and the rest of the amenities and staff were great.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to base"
I was traveling with my youngest son and my oldest sons girlfriend. My husband couldn't join us for the trip so it was important for us to feel safe. This was an excellent place and the staff was very helpful and friendly. It did cost a little more thAn some hotels closer to base but we felt it was worth it for a safe clean place to stay.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Kaye
"The Best Service"
I Really Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. My dearest friend graduated from Navy Boot Camp and the hotel had a lovely service for the Navy graduates. The taxi service they provided were awesome. The employees were very polite, and very helpful. So clean, and beautiful. I will recommend this hotel to anyone!
2 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"staff could not do enough to help"
weather helping with directions to dinner, emergency medical care, or take out food, staff very helpful and willing to assist..
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Nice Hotel,Excellent staff,but COLD room"
The hotel clerk was very friendly and moved us to a different room when our original TV would not turn on.The Hotel was clean and modern BUT our room was ice cold (temp outside was in single digits) and the heater ran all night until the morning where our room only reached 68deg.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"This hotel was fabulous!"
This hotel was close to many restaurants and within a few miles to Gurnee Mills mall. The staff was great and the pool and whirlpool areas were clean and relaxing. The small bistro they had in the lobby was perfect for breakfast and the onsite Starbucks couldn't be beat! We would definitely stay here again if ever in the area.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Connie
"Great for Navy Graduation"
Stayed there for 2 nights to attend Navy graduation. Staff was extremely helpful, food was great and speedy, and the shuttle to & from the graduation/base was very nice. Would definitely recommend this for anyone heading to Waukegan for the Navy graduation.
2 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Anna Rushing
Every member of this hotel staff was friendly and helpful and went out their way to be accommodating. We stayed here for our son's Navy graduation. The staff was so accommodating to the new sailors and their families. I would highly recommend this hotel to all Navy families and to anyone else!
4 night trip Nov 21, 2013
Mary Palin
"very comfortable"
had a great time in this hotel. staff was very helpful.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Very nice experience"
I was in Great Lakes to attend my granddaughter's commencement from boot camp. My flight and taxi trip from the airport made me arrive about 3 hours before official check in. I was calculated how I would kill time during the gap in time. Fortunately, the desk clerk advised me there was a room available. I was very appreciative and impressed with the customer service I received.They have an excellent team.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Excellent service and staff"
The staff was motivated to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. This visit was for our son's graduation from the Navy training center and the location was perfect. The Bistro breakfast in the mornings were a great start to the day.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
My 2nd stay here - feels like my Home away from Home - I even had the same room on both visits. Kelly & April were fabulous!
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Grammy
"Thre for Navy graduation"
Flew in from caifornia for sons Navy boot camp graduation. The staff was very helpful on a number of request. Got to the airport, realized I'd left my phone in the room ( I know... Knucklehead) called the hotel from Cali and they next day air'd it to me. I'll be using them again.
Response by Courtyard Chicago Waukegan Gurnee
Congratulations on your new graduate! We're honored to serve our Navy Families and we are so happy to reunite you with your phone. We KNOW how upsetting that can be. On behalf of the entire Courtyard Crew, we salute you!
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
"Very nice hotel and location."
We enjoyed this hotel which was close to restaurants and the naval training base. There is a shuttle to the base for $3 each...Starbucks at the hotel...Wal-Mart across the streets.
Response by Courtyard Chicago Waukegan Gurnee
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We enjoyed celebrating your new Navy Grad, and hope to have you as our guest again soon! Warmest regards, Christine and the Courtyard Crew
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"6 flags great america"
Conveniently located. Only a 5 minute ride to the park, food and shopping at a walking distance. Loved the spaciousness of the room, including the open balcony!!
Response by Courtyard Chicago Waukegan Gurnee
Dear lillygogir, Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard Waukegan while visiting Six Flags, Great America! We are thrilled you enjoyed our spacious accommodations as well as our hospitality! We hope to see you on your next visit! Warmest regards, Christine Trippi
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
lillygogirl
"All good ."
All was good only one very bad employee in charge of the pool , same employee close the pool on sunday at 8 ;30 pm when the pool policy of the hotel said open to 11 ;00 pm. .And really don't care is was seed to watch tv . Also the room was not ready when we arrive at 3:35 pm., no apology from employee .
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
frank
"Great Place for Navy Families"
My fiancé graduated from boot camp last week at the Great Lakes Naval Base. This hotel was close to the base for a quick drive, although they did offer us a shuttle. They had extremely friendly staff who were knowledgable about the Navy Graduation and protocol. They have a delicious cafe in the lobby along with plenty of room for families to spend time together. The lobby also has games the families can play. We truly enjoyed our stay....and the rooms were impeccable.
Response by Courtyard Chicago Waukegan Gurnee
Dear Kristen, Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Waukegan for your special occasion. We're thrilled you enjoyed all of our extra touches to make your visit fun and enjoyable. We hope to have you as our guest again, Congratulations to your Navy Grad! Christine and the Courtyard Crew
3 night trip Oct 3, 2013
Kristen
"Marriott"
Friendly staff throughout hotel. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Matress in our king-size bed was very comfortable. HVAC temperature controls were simple and kept the room at the temp we wanted, and the HVAC unit was quiet. Shower had decent pressure, but the sink had almost no pressure at all. Need to fix that! All in all very good stay. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.
Response by Courtyard Chicago Waukegan Gurnee
Dear Bart, Thank you so much for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed our new refreshing rooms and beds! We would love to address the sink pressure, if we knew which room you were in, we'll get right on that. Thank you again and hope to see you again, Christine and the Courtyard Crew
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
Bart
"Navy Graduation"
The staff was very helpful and nice. The hotel was very clean! I would certainly stay at this hotel again! Super friendly! The breakfast was Amazing!! Can't go wrong here. The base is only like 6 minutes away so it made it very convenient to pick our son up and spend time with him each day. A lot of local places to eat and a nice area
Response by Courtyard Chicago Waukegan Gurnee
Dear Rae Lynn, Congratulations to your new Navy Grad!! We are honored to serve our Navy Families! Thank you for your fabulous review of our hotel and hospitality! We hope to you have you as our guest again. Warmest regards, Christine and the Courtyard Crew
3 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Rae Lynn
"Great Hotel close to Navy Base"
We chose Courtyard Marriott in Waukegan IL because it was close to the Great Lakes Navy Base where our daughter was graduating from Boot Camp. We chose a one Bedroom Suite. Very roomy, comfortable beds. Restaurant on site with very tasty breakfast meals. They opened up early on Friday morning for all the Navy families that were attending the PIR graduation that morning. Staff was the most accommodating I have ever experienced, and I have personally stayed in a lot of hotels. My in laws stayed in the same hotel. My mother in law is handicapped, and they bent over backwards to make sure she had the room she needed, and was comfortable. They will arrange for shuttle service to the base if one chooses. I would recommend a shuttle over driving into the base, as the shuttles are admitted right onto the base, past the long, long line of cars waiting for the base to open. There is a shopping Center right across the street with a Walmart and Chili's Restaurant. Denny's and a Chinese Restaurant is right next door. The Sundance Saloon is one block away if one is attending Sarge's Meet and Greet on Thursday evenings. There is a small outdoor courtyard where friends and family can sit outside and enjoy their drinks when the weather is good.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Lori
"Navy PIR -perfect hotel"
What a perfect place for us to have while visiting our recent boot camp graduate. There wa plenty of room in iur king size bed room to visit with a couch and tv, accommodated our late check out with no problem. Perfect!!!!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Great Place to Stay"
Room was good -- service was excellent -- staff very accommodating.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"Very nice and comfortable hotel"
Close to nice restaurants, shopping and I would highly recommend to anyone going that way.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
Good location that's close to a few food options... Literally, within walking distance. Comfortable, functional lobby. Clean room. No issues.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"anniversary/birthday/nascar weekend"
Easy location to take a train to Chicago. Very clean Hotel and friendly, courteous staff.
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2013
"navy bootcamp graduation"
I have stayed at this hotel twice while attending navy graduation. Perfect both times.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2013