All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
1000 Market St, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

"Great Place to Stay"
We were looking for a hotel to stay at north of Boston the night before we were flying out. Have stayed in many Courtyards so knew we could depend on one. Most of the hotels near the airport were ridiculously priced for "airport" hotels. This Courtyard was dependably clean, had pleasant and helpful personnel and set in a very pretty area. The lady checking us in recommended a restaurant to us that turned out to be wonderful. Because of the treed, "off the road" location we felt "rested" just driving up to it because of the beautiful area surrounding the hotel. Easy to find and we would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Byron
"Most comfortable bed ever!!"
Great hotel, only a mile from downtown Portsmouth!
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Nice couples get away location"
We only slept there, but it was nice room. I'd have rated higher if we tried the bar or room service.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Best stay since I started going to the east coast"
I usually stay in Durham, my son goes to UNH but I thought we should stay somewhere else and I don't regret doing it, very clean, the staff very nice everything good, would not hesitate to stay there again
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Maria
"Nice enough"
I wasn't expecting 5star amenities so I wasn't disappointed. The room was clean and comfortable. Sunday morning breakfast was very good. I marked down the Hotel Condition category because my room had poorly repaired damage to the ceiling.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Arthur
"Clean and convenient"
We had a nice 3 night stay in this very clean hotel. Loved the convenience of the shuttle to the downtown area! We did, however, have a problem controlling the AC in our room. No matter what temp we set, it always returned to a chilly 72. (We are from FL and used to warm weather!) When we eventually decided to just turn it off rather than be too cool, it still kicked back on. If you are comfortable with cool temps, you will find this to your liking, I think!
3 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Donald
"wonderful!"
Stayed here for our honeymoon and it was perfect!!! The staff was amazing and so friendly! Everything was so close, so we didn't have to travel far. It was a wonderful honeymoon
5 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Peggy
"5 STARS!!!"
AMAZING staff here! From the wonderful lady that checked us in, to the excellent bartender, and the thoughtful waitstaff at dinner and breakfast! Pool and hot tub area was perfect for the boys! The food was EXCELLENT! (Especially the extra crispy chicken wings!!!) The cleaning staff obviously does a wonderful job all around! Thank you all for our overnight get away! We will definitely be back!
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"great night away"
We loved being able to get away for the night. It was close to home, staff was courteous, easy to get to, and great to be able to sleep in. Especially with a check out at 12:00.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Courtyard Consistent"
As consistent as the Courtyard brand always is. Decent restaurant, Starbucks coffee all day! Hassle free shuttle to downtown.
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2015
Joao
"Convenient location - with Pool!"
We enjoyed our stay very much. While the location isn't scenic, it's extremely convenient for visiting Portsmouth and Kittery. Having a very nice indoor pool was an added benefit for us.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Christopher
"Very accommodating with shuttle service"
The staff was very pleasont and accomodating. We were able to check in early and request 2 rooms near each other without an issue. The rooms were very good size for king size beds. A couch, fridge and microwave were included. They also had a shuttle that brought you downtown and picked you up within 5 minutes, they were basically at your service.
Adina
"Wonderful Experience!"
The hotel staff were impeccable! The shuttle service was a great amenity! It was very useful on a Saturday night. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Nice place for family or business trip"
Nice spot. Two minute drive to town, shuttle on the weekend if you don't want to drive large, clean room. Gym and pool were also spotless. Found the room heating/cooling unit just a little too loud, but not enough to prevent me from staying here again. Third trip to the area, never been disappointed with the accomodations.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Manager of reastaurant is not pleasant"
The manager in the restaurant is the rudest man I have encountered in a long time. I went back up to the breakfast buffet to get peanut butter for my bagel and a yogurt. I was going to sit back down and he accused me of trying to take food back to my room. No, I was not done yet since I eat a little at a time. My table was also cleared and I had not even finished my coffee. I payed for this buffet and it would have been nice to eat it without being harrassed. This left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I wanted to use the hot tub but it smelled like an animal had died in it. I have to say, howefer, the front desk staff and shuttle driver were very nice. The room was fine.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
The TV did not work properly for two days and no hot water the day we were leaving. The TV would only come on with analog so you had to flip through 132 channels before you would get a channel with a picture
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Nice hotel, short drive to downtown Portsmouth"
My husband and I were up in Portsmouth for a little get-away weekend. Portmouth is a very interesting place with lots to do and eat.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Great, clean hotel"
We loved our little vacation away at this Marriott. All of the staff were very friendly, hotel was updated and clean, and the shuttle they had running free of charge was a great bonus.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Happy Traveler
"Nice hotel , great staff"
The staff went out of their way to be helpful - calling restaurants to find us one and making a reservation, the shuttle into downtown was fantastic and the driver was wonderful and friendly.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Above the standard for the chain"
The hotel is in an office park off of I-95 about 3 minutes drive from the center of Portsmouth. Lobby is nice with a fire place. Rooms are clean and simple as expected. Hotel was built in 1996 and seems to be well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"free shuttle, great staff"
always stay in a marriott, am a platinum rewards member. these were definitely not marriott beds, pillows or linens.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Event coordinator did not do her job."
Was there for group event and worked with the women from our organization that was in charge. The meeting room was not set up properly, the tables were entirely too small for 10 people...10 chairs could not fit it around the table, and the staff closed our evening dance an hour too early.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
The hotel was great! Super clean and comfortable. The only problem was the heater was noisy.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Courtyard Marriott"
The people were extremely friendly, the overall atmosphere was very nice. The shuttle service really came in handy. I just would have liked to see the bistro have more convenient/later hours!
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
holly
"Restful!"
My room was clean and comfortable. People at the desk were so nice and accommodating. I would stay again...
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel is only a minute or two from downtown. We were here for a football game at Univ of New Hampshire (15 min away). Room was very clean and bathroom looked great. Only negative were the size of the pillows. Way to big. Otherwise I would stay there again in a heartbeat. :)
harry
"Best Deal in Portsmouth"
I was surprised at how clean and comfortable this hotel was, based on the price that I paid. The room was spotless, and the hotel is very aesthetically pleasing. I was very satisfied with my stay, and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Portsmouth.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
Nicholas
"Mary"
We have stayed at this facility several times and will continue to as it is in a great location--only complaint is being at the interstate, you can hear tractor trailers throughout the night, but this will not stop future stays.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"No frills but adequate."
Small room but adequate with fridge, safe and coffee maker. Clean room and location is convenient.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth
Valued guest, We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with us your most recent experience here at the Courtyard in Portsmouth. Guest feedback is our most valued tool as we strive for continuing improvement. I do apologize that you found the room to be a little small for your needs. Your opinions will be communicated to our corporate office, to ensure that renovations are carried out in a timely fashion. We hope to see you staying with us again soon! Nico Garcia Operations Director Courtyard by Marriott 1000 Market St Portsmouth, NH 03801
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Lee
"Mariott visit"
Had a great stay, the room was very clean and comfortable
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Better than expected, big breakfast buffet so worth adding to your hotel package. Pool lit nicely for night swimming. Fitness room ver clean.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
katie
"Overnight stop over."
We've stayed before and we'll go back. Just a nice, clean, solid hotel barely five minutes from downtown. Chief complaint (?) was a rattling heating unit and they've stopped their lobby open breakfasts and put in a Starbucks. (!) Rates are very good, you get a balcony, and they still have the papers downstairs.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Nice Quiet Location Near Freeway"
Quiet location near the freeway and short drive to downtown. Very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Beds too small!"
Thought we booked 2 queens we got 2 doubles...nice enough to give us a cot but the beds were really uncomfortable and the restaurant had very limited hours. No hair dryer or shampoo in room. Very clean but expected more from marriot
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Kelli
"OK. But did not meet expectations."
In general a good hotel but did not meet the expectations based on its price. But with some personnel not properly trained to understand their relationship with the customer and the idea of "service".
3 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Ada
"Good Visit!"
ENJOYABLE VISIT... COMFORTABLE AND SECURE.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
BOB MALONE
"Pleasant in Portsmouth"
It was a pleasant stay. Rooms and hotel were very clean.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Excellant Hotel Location"
Hotel is in a very convent location and the hotel staff was very informative of all dining location & historical sites. Because of limited parking the hotel provided shuttle service to and from dining facilities.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Great shuttle service to downtown area. Bartender was very friendly. Comfortable rooms
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"The Courtyard by Marriot in Portsmouth, NH"
The people at the Courtyard By Marriot were outstanding. THey provided a well run, very clean and well equipped hotel worthy of the Marriot name. The small but well run bar/restaurant provided a decent breakfast at a reasonable price. Although we didn't eat other meals at the hotel I suspect they were equally well prepared. The room was roomy and spotless and the hotel's van provided a necessary service to take us to the Portsmouth bus station. Both my wife and I were more than pleased with this hotel.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Alexander
It was very relaxing
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Ayanna
Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff friendly but did not have room ready at 3:00, room was ready at 6:00. Breakfast was not worth the 9.95 charge.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Tracey
Clean room, friendly staff, great buffet breakfast.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Watch out for all the special charges."
Where do I start? Breakfast was an extra $10 per person so I skipped breakfast. $20 more than almost every other hotel chain. But when I checked out I couldn't even get a cup of coffee for free. Not to mention they charged my credit card $20 as a "hold" for possible incidentals. I checked out with a zero balance. But when I looked at my credit card charges for my trip I saw $20 for Lodging. It's supposed to be credited back the next day, but it hasn't hit my bank statement yet.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Barry
"Girls Weekend"
The shuttle service at this hotel was great. The staff was knoweldgeable about the area and provided great recommentations.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Hayley
"Would not stay again."
Stayed one night on our way home to Maine. Our room was on the first floor. It smelled of musty old cigarettes. The building looked dated as well as the room and decor. The staff was excellent and very helpful.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
"Room disgusting according to Hotel"
The hotel was in a convenient area, the front desk clerks were friendly and engaging, the room was nice at first glance. Went to use bathroom and toilet was "full". Called front desk who sent housekeeping (very pleasant) house keeping unclogged toilet and said we were all set. We insisted that bathroom be re-cleaned since the condition was there when we arrived; they did that, but we were still not comfortable that the room was ever full cleaned. Reiterated our complaint to front desks who responded "that is disgusting" but not a single offer of apology for the condition of the room from management, no acknowledgement of the problem or inconvenience.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
Dave & MIssy
"Horrible hotel. Terrible check in."
Was there for a wedding with 50 other guests. The blonde working the front desk had an attitude throughout all 3 days. Terrible service. No hospitality. Never Again.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
steve
"Perfect for overnight stopover"
Requested a rollaway the day before we got there and it was in the room when we arrived! Plus, realizing the addition of the bed meant another person, they added more towels without asking. I know this sounds minor, but really--how many hotels have you waiting for the bed to arrive and make you call again when you realize you need additonal towels.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Good Location"
We stayed for two nights with our 3 boys. They just loved the indoor pool. We mostly wend back and forth to Portsmouth. The idea of having a shuttle to the city is great, but the execution is poor. The driver driver (extremely nice) doesn't answer while driving (what she does most of the time) so they never know where she is and when the shuttle will arrive. Please purchase some kind of a bluetooth speaker and the service level will surprisingly rise.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2014