All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
1000 Market St, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

"Good Location"
We stayed for two nights with our 3 boys. They just loved the indoor pool. We mostly wend back and forth to Portsmouth. The idea of having a shuttle to the city is great, but the execution is poor. The driver driver (extremely nice) doesn't answer while driving (what she does most of the time) so they never know where she is and when the shuttle will arrive. Please purchase some kind of a bluetooth speaker and the service level will surprisingly rise.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
Amit
"Easy to stay and enjoy"
Close enough to highway and Portsmouth. Perfect.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Alane
"helpful staff"
the hotel was clean quiet and very easy to park and get in and out of.the staff was helpful when we needed an extra bed the problem in the bathroom.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"not up to standards"
The hotel was poorly maintained -- carpeting in room soaked from air conditioner with funky odor resulting. We tried four different times getting new room card to work in lock but never succeeded. Staff were basically oblivious and no help.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth
We appreciate you choosing the Portsmouth Courtyard by Marriott during your recent travels to the Seacoast area. We know that you have several choices when traveling, and it is our goal to make sure that you enjoy your stay each and every time. Please accept our apologies that during your last visit this was not your experience. We will take your feedback and continue to make improvements so that we are able to provide an experience that exceeds your expectations.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Perfect place to stay for Portsmouth/Maine getaway"
Always a great experience.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Tracy
"Nice Hotel close to Highway and Portsmouth NH"
This is a nice hotel that is convenient to Kittery, Maine and other southern Maine destinations. The staff was friendly and helpful. We are regular travelers to this area and I would not hesitate to stay at the Courtyard again.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Hampton Beach"
Rented a room here for a family get a way to Hampton Beach. Conveniently located, easily accessible to the highway. Beautiful city and surrounding area. Hotel was well kept, clean and with friendly and accommodating staff. Only downfall was breakfast wasn't included because it was the weekend, however the price was very reasonable and food was actually very good! Would come back here again most definitely!
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Burnett Family
The staff were helpful and polite. The hot tub and pool were great.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Great Location for Sightseeing."
This hotel is clean and located just a few minutes from the shopping/tourist district in Portsmouth. If you are in the area to see the sites in Maine, New Hampshire, or Massachusetts, this is an excellent place to stay. They even have a shuttle that runs between the hotel and downtown Portsmouth.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
MH
"Decent overnight but wouldn't want to stay"
The hotel was clean and well managed with decent facilities and easy access from the highway. But the pillows were terrible, the air conditioning loud and the location more outside of town than I'd realized.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. It was our pleasure to serve you, and we are glad you found the hotel clean and enjoyed the interactions with the staff. We will continue to strive to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our guests.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Weary Traveler
"Very Nice/Helpful Staff"
Loved it. Had everything we needed. Pool, clean rooms, room service, shuttle to Portsmouth center. Very clean room. Daily maid service. Quiet.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Carla OBrien
"Average"
Our room smelled musty. Outside the hallway there was cobwebs, I also found a spider in our room. I thought it took a long time for them to clean our room as well. 4pm and our room was still not clean.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"My room was horrible!"
I loved the location of the hotel and its ease in getting to downtown Portsmouth and York, Maine. However, I had a horrible room situation. After having unpacked I went to open the drapes and found the carpet soaking wet in front of the air conditioner. It was creating this funny odor in the room, even as I increased the air conditioner. I also noticed an odor in the bathroom that included small black specks of what seemed like mold growing on the ceiling. I alerted the hotel staff and they tried to correct the problem but it really did not alleviate the stench and uncleanliness.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"TRY TO FIND OTHER OPTIONS"
our shower leaked all over the floor and smelled like mildew and the pillows were way way thick…hurt my neck…slept without one
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
rochelle
"Very nice room and dining area"
The hotel staffer when we checked in was a little cold and distracted. However, all the other staff members, cleaning lady, dining staff were all very helpful and polite. Overall experience was very nice.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Good experience, nice rooms, polite and attentive staff, highway a bit close, highway noise in highway-side rooms may bother some, or not, request a room not facing highway.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Not enough staff"
Everything was great except there was nobody at the front desk both when we were checking in and out, we had to wait 15 minutes both times. And the guy on the reception that checked us in seemed to have an attitude problem- when I asked till what time the pool is open, he said "it's posted on the door"... Also we were given a handicapped room for some reason, so the bathroom had no bathtub as advertised on the website.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Portsmouth Courtyard by Marriott, and sharing your feedback with us. I would like to apologize for the delay at the front desk, as I can understand your frustration in having to wait. We will continue our training to ensure that we are able to meet your expectations. I am sorry again for the issues you encountered, and hope that your next stay at the Portsmouth Courtyard will be comfortable and enjoyable.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"nickel and dimed"
Everything was fine except our reservation said that the breakfast was included for 2 adults and 2 children but they only gave us vouchers for 2. When I argued this point, they did nothing. Also given tax statement under the door for breakfast of which we didn't even eat yet! Service adequate but not great.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Portsmouth Courtyard by Marriott. I am sorry that you encountered issues during your stay regarding the breakfast packages. All breakfast packages offered by the hotel are for 2 adults, and I apologize that this was not explained prior to arrival. I hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable, and should you be in the area again we would love the opportunity to once again serve you.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Sarah Franklin
"Great Place to Stay"
If you are staying in Portsmouth this is the best hotel to stay at. It's right down the road from all major things to do. And they offer a shuttle to down town when ever you need it. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. I would definitely stay there again!
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Kate
My stay was fantastic. Can you please add this visit to my Marriott Rewards? 523865103
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Short distance outside the historic downtown of Portsmouth,NH. For the price, a good buy. Apparently, electricity is very costly in NH, because the hotel and the restaurant we chose (Rudi's - very good) were both very dimly lit. Overall, a good experience for the price.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Portsmouth Courtyard during your recent travels to the Seacoast area. I'm glad that you enjoyed the value and experience that we strive to provide for our guests. Should you be in the area again, it would be our pleasure to once again serve you.
"Convenient hotel with shuttle to Portsmouth"
Pretty good hotel with a shuttle that takes you into Portsmouth. The rooms were clean and there was a pool , hot tub, and work out room. Lobby is beautiful with tv's , chairs, and a nice bar area. A few negatives were that the room was next to highway and you can hear traffic, tv was outdated without a menu guide. Soap smelled funny.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
dennis
"Comfortable hotel but rude front desk staff"
The hotel is in a great tree lined neighborhood, just a short 5 minute drive outside the main downtown area. The room was clean, although the beds weren't quite as comfortable as I would have expected for a Courtyard Marriott. Breakfast was nice and the restaurant staff were courteous. My rating however is significantly reduced due to the unfriendly front desk staff during the morning of my stay. One of the staff, Lindsey in particular had a cold, unfriendly and hinging on rude attitude. I had booked a room on hotels.com and my rate included free breakfast, and yet was refused breakfast coupons by her. When I showed her my receipt that specified weekend stay with breakfast, she then went on to state that it wasn't clear enough because it did not specify free breakfast ! Although I finally managed to get coupons that I had paid for, her distrustful and rude attitude colored my stay at this hotel. I did tell her that I did not appreciate her attitude and was bothered by her speaking to me to that way, she just responded with a curt 'okay'.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice hotel with free shuttle to downtown"
This is a wonderful hotel. We were pleasantly surprised to find out about the shuttle. A bit of trouble when we checked in, our room key did not work and when they fixed the room key the room was already occupied. We were of course given a new room but always struggled getting the room key to work. The ac in the room was quite clunky. But other than that the room was clean, could not hear other guests or outside noise. Would stay again.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice close to downtown clean"
Great bar with good selection. Room service can be better. Stayed 2 nights and rooms were not cleaned at 4 PM.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Upon arrival I was told my room was given to someone else. They do not keep Expedia room for clients.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth
I would like to apologize for the issues experienced during your recent travels to the area. We do everything we can to honor every reservation, but due to an unfortunate circumstance were not able to in this instance. On behalf of the Portsmouth Courtyard by Marriott, I would like to apologize, as we take great pride in providing outstanding customer service to all our guests.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Mon
"Convenient"
The hotel was very close to a conference hotel we were in town for. conveniently located and pleasant staff.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
The room was very clean and comfortable. However, our stay was for a graduation at 10:00 a.m. and unlike other local hotels they didn't serve breakfast an hour earlier than usual.The front desk staff was no where in sight when we checked out so we just left the key at the desk. All in all it was very good and if we were in the area we'd stay there again
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Ain't not bad."
Though I had a parking lot view, the room itself was nice. There was a couch, which was a bit of a pleasant surprise but upon closer inspection, there were all kinda if white stains on it! Other than that everything seemed clean but ya never know.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
We have had some rough stays at hotels in the past few months. The Courtyard Marriott In Portsmouth was hands down the best place we have stayed in month's. The hotel was very clean and the smelled lovely. The staff was kind and quick to help. We will be staying with them again. Our room was clean and fresh feeling. A great stay all around. The food at the hotel restaurant was very good also.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"Worst Beds on the planet"
The hotel was ok...A little further from downtown than we had hoped but decent and average. The beds however are the most uncomfortable we've ever slept on...Glad we were only there 1 night...
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
J.P.
"Very comfortable."
Great bed. Clean. Nice staff. Loved pool and hot tub. Would stay again if in area. Thank you.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Really bad experience-will not return"
We decided to give the Courtyard Marriott another try after a botched reservation situation last April. Last year we arrived late at night after a long day/night of travel, and were told they were out of rooms. They sent us to a neighboring hotel. I should have taken that as a sign, but figured we should try again. We arrived not at all late, but were again told there was a problem with our reservation. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we were put into a room that was clearly a smoking room(be we were not told that). Given that there were no other rooms, we opened the windows and blasted the bathroom fan to try and air it out. Then we decided to check out the pool/hot tub. There wer hoardes of teenage girls running and jumping into the pool (which is very small and not a safe depth to jump into) unsupervised, at 10:30pm. We opted to go back to the room and go to bed. The bed in this room was so firm, I could not sleep comfortably. We checked out early in the morning, and were not even asked about how our stay was. Having stayed in many other Portsmouth hotels with no experiences that even begin to compare to how terrible our stay was here, we will not be returning.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great hotel!"
Was very clean, great staff, right near downtown. The hotel looks great when you walk in, was welcoming and looked nice. There was only one elevator and it seemed to take forever, especially considering there were 4 floors.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Good Stay at the Courtyard"
Enjoyed our stay. Appropriate for family/children. Very clean. Will go again.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Mom of 3
"Quick stop"
Good solid simple Courtyard right off 95N, three minutes from the old port Portsmouth. Very friendly people at reception, very helpful moving us from the ground floor up to three and then done the hall from the elevators. Rooms (a King) a little small, but comfortable for the night. Great bar for a small hotel. But; when you make the reservation don't forget to ask for the back of this hotel. It does overlook 95North and the truckers do drive thru the night.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Excellent!"
I was en route to a business meeting, and this hotel met my needs in all respects. Location was convenient to highway, but quiet and in nicely-kept grounds. Room was very clean and comfortable, and amenities such as fitness room and small market for food items were a bonus. Wish my stay had been longer.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2014
"Close to everything we needed"
on nite stay but would go back again. Everything u need is close by. Nice pool and big rooms.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Very very satisfied"
Everybody at the hotel was a true pleasure to deal with. We were completely satisfied with everything and everybody.
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
Don Savarese
"Buck Board"
Worst bed ever. No way is this a Matiott bed. Noisy door in and out starting at 4:00 AM. Slam Slam... Nice people but...
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Ann
"MINUTES AWAY FROM STORES"
the place was nice, the people were nice . I liked that the pool stood open till 11pm which is good. the breakfast with the stay was good buffet style . overall no complains.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
bbaez
Room smelled of cigarette smoke
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"girl's weekend"
We had a great stay, Lindsey and James at the front desk were super nice and accommodating, Everyone was very pleasant and helpful, from getting us a taxi, to mailing me back a book I had left in the room. We would defiantly stay here again!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Meaghan
"Overnight stay in Portsmouth"
Overall, very positive experience (clean hotel and rooms, good service, nice location). One thing to improve however: the a/c unit in our room was very noisy and was cycling (on and off) all night...
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Fred
"Great for the price!"
It was very pleasant.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Cullen
"Easy to find & close to stores"
We had a great time-there was a mistake about the beds the 1st room they showed was 1 king bed- I had requested 2 doubles which they fixed right away. The only thing I wasn't to pleased with was the location of the fire place & how small bar/rest but I didn't use them (looked much nicer & bigget on internet) -we did enjoy the pool & hot tub so I would book a room there again- friendly helpful staff
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2014
"Comfort"
Room was clean and very nice. Unfortunately the bathroom sink countertop was very small. Heating fan was very loud and could not be adjusted.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Nice for a quick stop"
The hotel was nice and clean. The room was clean and spacious. The only problem was that the heat wasn't on when we arrived and it took a couple of hours for the room to warm up. Pool was small but warm. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We prepaid for the breakfast option which was a good deal for the family; it included a nice-sized buffet. The location is a bit out of the way, so we did have to drive to the downtown area.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2014
Drew
"great location"
quick overnight stay in clean , fast check in hotel with everything you could need on site
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Fun girls night out"
They were very friendly, and the stay was good. I didn't spend enough time in the hotel to really say that it exceeded my expectations. Definitely worth going to again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2013