All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1000 Market St, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

"TRY TO FIND OTHER OPTIONS"
our shower leaked all over the floor and smelled like mildew and the pillows were way way thick…hurt my neck…slept without one
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
rochelle
"Very nice room and dining area"
The hotel staffer when we checked in was a little cold and distracted. However, all the other staff members, cleaning lady, dining staff were all very helpful and polite. Overall experience was very nice.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Good experience, nice rooms, polite and attentive staff, highway a bit close, highway noise in highway-side rooms may bother some, or not, request a room not facing highway.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Not enough staff"
Everything was great except there was nobody at the front desk both when we were checking in and out, we had to wait 15 minutes both times. And the guy on the reception that checked us in seemed to have an attitude problem- when I asked till what time the pool is open, he said "it's posted on the door"... Also we were given a handicapped room for some reason, so the bathroom had no bathtub as advertised on the website.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"nickel and dimed"
Everything was fine except our reservation said that the breakfast was included for 2 adults and 2 children but they only gave us vouchers for 2. When I argued this point, they did nothing. Also given tax statement under the door for breakfast of which we didn't even eat yet! Service adequate but not great.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Sarah Franklin
"Great Place to Stay"
If you are staying in Portsmouth this is the best hotel to stay at. It's right down the road from all major things to do. And they offer a shuttle to down town when ever you need it. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. I would definitely stay there again!
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
Kate
My stay was fantastic. Can you please add this visit to my Marriott Rewards? 523865103
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
Short distance outside the historic downtown of Portsmouth,NH. For the price, a good buy. Apparently, electricity is very costly in NH, because the hotel and the restaurant we chose (Rudi's - very good) were both very dimly lit. Overall, a good experience for the price.
"Convenient hotel with shuttle to Portsmouth"
Pretty good hotel with a shuttle that takes you into Portsmouth. The rooms were clean and there was a pool , hot tub, and work out room. Lobby is beautiful with tv's , chairs, and a nice bar area. A few negatives were that the room was next to highway and you can hear traffic, tv was outdated without a menu guide. Soap smelled funny.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
dennis
"Comfortable hotel but rude front desk staff"
The hotel is in a great tree lined neighborhood, just a short 5 minute drive outside the main downtown area. The room was clean, although the beds weren't quite as comfortable as I would have expected for a Courtyard Marriott. Breakfast was nice and the restaurant staff were courteous. My rating however is significantly reduced due to the unfriendly front desk staff during the morning of my stay. One of the staff, Lindsey in particular had a cold, unfriendly and hinging on rude attitude. I had booked a room on hotels.com and my rate included free breakfast, and yet was refused breakfast coupons by her. When I showed her my receipt that specified weekend stay with breakfast, she then went on to state that it wasn't clear enough because it did not specify free breakfast ! Although I finally managed to get coupons that I had paid for, her distrustful and rude attitude colored my stay at this hotel. I did tell her that I did not appreciate her attitude and was bothered by her speaking to me to that way, she just responded with a curt 'okay'.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice hotel with free shuttle to downtown"
This is a wonderful hotel. We were pleasantly surprised to find out about the shuttle. A bit of trouble when we checked in, our room key did not work and when they fixed the room key the room was already occupied. We were of course given a new room but always struggled getting the room key to work. The ac in the room was quite clunky. But other than that the room was clean, could not hear other guests or outside noise. Would stay again.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Nice close to downtown clean"
Great bar with good selection. Room service can be better. Stayed 2 nights and rooms were not cleaned at 4 PM.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Upon arrival I was told my room was given to someone else. They do not keep Expedia room for clients.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Mon
"Convenient"
The hotel was very close to a conference hotel we were in town for. conveniently located and pleasant staff.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
The room was very clean and comfortable. However, our stay was for a graduation at 10:00 a.m. and unlike other local hotels they didn't serve breakfast an hour earlier than usual.The front desk staff was no where in sight when we checked out so we just left the key at the desk. All in all it was very good and if we were in the area we'd stay there again
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Ain't not bad."
Though I had a parking lot view, the room itself was nice. There was a couch, which was a bit of a pleasant surprise but upon closer inspection, there were all kinda if white stains on it! Other than that everything seemed clean but ya never know.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
We have had some rough stays at hotels in the past few months. The Courtyard Marriott In Portsmouth was hands down the best place we have stayed in month's. The hotel was very clean and the smelled lovely. The staff was kind and quick to help. We will be staying with them again. Our room was clean and fresh feeling. A great stay all around. The food at the hotel restaurant was very good also.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
"Worst Beds on the planet"
The hotel was ok...A little further from downtown than we had hoped but decent and average. The beds however are the most uncomfortable we've ever slept on...Glad we were only there 1 night...
1 night family trip May 3, 2014
J.P.
"Very comfortable."
Great bed. Clean. Nice staff. Loved pool and hot tub. Would stay again if in area. Thank you.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"Really bad experience-will not return"
We decided to give the Courtyard Marriott another try after a botched reservation situation last April. Last year we arrived late at night after a long day/night of travel, and were told they were out of rooms. They sent us to a neighboring hotel. I should have taken that as a sign, but figured we should try again. We arrived not at all late, but were again told there was a problem with our reservation. Fortunately (or unfortunately), we were put into a room that was clearly a smoking room(be we were not told that). Given that there were no other rooms, we opened the windows and blasted the bathroom fan to try and air it out. Then we decided to check out the pool/hot tub. There wer hoardes of teenage girls running and jumping into the pool (which is very small and not a safe depth to jump into) unsupervised, at 10:30pm. We opted to go back to the room and go to bed. The bed in this room was so firm, I could not sleep comfortably. We checked out early in the morning, and were not even asked about how our stay was. Having stayed in many other Portsmouth hotels with no experiences that even begin to compare to how terrible our stay was here, we will not be returning.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great hotel!"
Was very clean, great staff, right near downtown. The hotel looks great when you walk in, was welcoming and looked nice. There was only one elevator and it seemed to take forever, especially considering there were 4 floors.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Good Stay at the Courtyard"
Enjoyed our stay. Appropriate for family/children. Very clean. Will go again.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Mom of 3
"Quick stop"
Good solid simple Courtyard right off 95N, three minutes from the old port Portsmouth. Very friendly people at reception, very helpful moving us from the ground floor up to three and then done the hall from the elevators. Rooms (a King) a little small, but comfortable for the night. Great bar for a small hotel. But; when you make the reservation don't forget to ask for the back of this hotel. It does overlook 95North and the truckers do drive thru the night.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Excellent!"
I was en route to a business meeting, and this hotel met my needs in all respects. Location was convenient to highway, but quiet and in nicely-kept grounds. Room was very clean and comfortable, and amenities such as fitness room and small market for food items were a bonus. Wish my stay had been longer.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2014
"Close to everything we needed"
on nite stay but would go back again. Everything u need is close by. Nice pool and big rooms.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Very very satisfied"
Everybody at the hotel was a true pleasure to deal with. We were completely satisfied with everything and everybody.
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
Don Savarese
"Buck Board"
Worst bed ever. No way is this a Matiott bed. Noisy door in and out starting at 4:00 AM. Slam Slam... Nice people but...
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Ann
"MINUTES AWAY FROM STORES"
the place was nice, the people were nice . I liked that the pool stood open till 11pm which is good. the breakfast with the stay was good buffet style . overall no complains.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2014
bbaez
Room smelled of cigarette smoke
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"girl's weekend"
We had a great stay, Lindsey and James at the front desk were super nice and accommodating, Everyone was very pleasant and helpful, from getting us a taxi, to mailing me back a book I had left in the room. We would defiantly stay here again!
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Meaghan
"Overnight stay in Portsmouth"
Overall, very positive experience (clean hotel and rooms, good service, nice location). One thing to improve however: the a/c unit in our room was very noisy and was cycling (on and off) all night...
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Fred
"Great for the price!"
It was very pleasant.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Cullen
"Easy to find & close to stores"
We had a great time-there was a mistake about the beds the 1st room they showed was 1 king bed- I had requested 2 doubles which they fixed right away. The only thing I wasn't to pleased with was the location of the fire place & how small bar/rest but I didn't use them (looked much nicer & bigget on internet) -we did enjoy the pool & hot tub so I would book a room there again- friendly helpful staff
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2014
"Comfort"
Room was clean and very nice. Unfortunately the bathroom sink countertop was very small. Heating fan was very loud and could not be adjusted.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Nice for a quick stop"
The hotel was nice and clean. The room was clean and spacious. The only problem was that the heat wasn't on when we arrived and it took a couple of hours for the room to warm up. Pool was small but warm. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We prepaid for the breakfast option which was a good deal for the family; it included a nice-sized buffet. The location is a bit out of the way, so we did have to drive to the downtown area.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2014
Drew
"great location"
quick overnight stay in clean , fast check in hotel with everything you could need on site
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Fun girls night out"
They were very friendly, and the stay was good. I didn't spend enough time in the hotel to really say that it exceeded my expectations. Definitely worth going to again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2013
"Served All My Needs"
Easy access to rte 95 was a plus and it was just 3 minutes into town where all the great restaurants are. It suited me just fine. Quiet room. Convenient breakfast bar.
3 night trip Jan 7, 2014
"Nice staff very helpful. Would recommend"
Pleasant stay. Close to Portsmouth center, a short drive. Helpful staff and comfortable room
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
nurse
"First Night Portsmouth"
We watched the fireworks from our window, enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi. The only thing that would have been helpful was if the hotel offered a free shuttle to the First Night activities as other hotels in the area did.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
laurie
I can't say enough about how happy I was with our one-night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Portsmouth. Like all the Courtyards we've stayed in, it was clean and attractive, but this one for me was special because it had a new and FIRM mattress. (I had spent the previous night sleeping on the floor because the mattress at that motel was so soft that it made my back ache.) It may seem silly to harp on the condition of a mattress, but I can only sleep well on firm mattresses, and the one at this Courtyard was perfect! The staff was also very helpful and gave us two extra quilt-type blankets that made the night even more restful. I would recommend this motel to anyone!
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Great location and wonderful stay except"
Everything was great except we had to pay for our morning coffee....Also there was no place for folks to gather....No general waiting area or lobby as the restaurant was right there.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"Excellent location BUT I have a complaint !!"
Unfortunately I typically have no issues with the Marriott chain in general. But I have to let the management at this location understand that my accommodation (room 124) was atrocious! I'm sure that the other rooms are very nice and clean and quiet because this is not my first stay at this location. But pleased be advised that this room is a): Dirty, The bathroom was disgusting! b): Noisy, from all the pool mechanical inlet / outlet piping vents are adjacent.to window of room. NOTE: Use this room for a mechanical room ! It is inhabitable for accommodating guests. Thank you for listening. Frank B. (Fortune 500 Corporate Officer)
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2013
Frank Bellanti CE PMP
"Girls Weekend"
A group of friends heading to Portsmouth for a weekend getaway. We did some shopping, dining and had spa treatments at Wentworth by the Sea. The Hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the center. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms were comfortable and the water was hot. Some of the girls complained about not being able to regulate the temperature in their rooms, but mine was just fine.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Liz
Good
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"great place to stay"
we had a great time. the place was clean, the room was great and the customer service (with the exception of the male bartender who was not very friendly) was awesome. the front desk ladies were so nice.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
laura
"Best choice for convenience, cost and comfort."
Room was clean, comfortable. Hotel location was very convenient to both downtown Portsmouth and neighboring Maine. Staff was friendly, helpful.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2013
Ed and Sue
"Great access for traveler"
Great staff, very responsive.
1 night family trip Oct 6, 2013
the reception (Jaimelee) was not very helpful when we asked for a cork screw and she said the hotel was out and some were on order. We asked about the bar, and to our dismay, the bar didn't open till 5pm, so we asked her if she could get us one as soon as they opened. We never saw her or heard from her again.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Very expensive for quality"
Quite and clean, good water pressure in shower. Towels thin and scratchy.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013