All hotels in La Mesa, California, United States of America
8000 Parkway Dr, La Mesa, CA, 91942, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

This hotel was okay but it was very loud and had a bit of a smell to it.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"convenient location and adequate room"
This is a well located older hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful. We have stayed here several times and will probably stay again. We don't spend much time in the room and don't use many hotel services but all seemed to be adequate. The hotel is convenient to many restaurants, stores and main thoroughfares. If planning a stay, I recommend requesting a room away from very noisy ice machines.
4 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
peter
"Another great stay."
We stay here every time we come to San Diego (3-4) times per year. It's convenient, clean, and recently redecorated. For the first time I tried the room service breakfast and it was right on time and very good.
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Tamra
"perfect location"
4th time staying there. Will be going back in January for longer stay. The location is perfect for us. Quiet and we feel safe. Staff has always been helpful and friendly. Restaurant very good for breakfast. Hotels.com rates very good.
2 night family trip Dec 10, 2014
Christine L
"A Great Hotel"
Very clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Loved the Mesa Grill. Good food and reasonable!
4 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
Jacqueline
"Over-priced for what you get"
It would be a very nice motel, if the rooms cost half as much as they did...
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Randy
"Noisy"
This hotel looks nice and the staff is nice but the walls are thin. You can hear everything and everyone walking and talking around you. It was difficult to sleep the first night because we were by a door and could hear everyone coming in and out. We changed rooms but then could hear guests and employees talking outside our room at all hours. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are a heavy sleeper.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Functional."
Nice front desk service.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
Jona
"Very friendly staff"
It was very nice. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
brandy
"Great hotel!"
We loved the room. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The only thing that went wrong was we had an issue with the bathroom, but the staff addressed the problem very quickly.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Mr. Las Vegas
Hotel furniture were in a bad shape, need to be upgraded
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
spibee
Robert at check in was fantastic
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Handsome James
"One thing"
The parking spaces are ridiculously tiny. It's ok if you are in a rental but my brothers compact car received a door ding. Good food is close by: the Omelette Shop and DZ Akins.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"happiest place"
it was like going back in time to Disneyland in the sixties the happiest place on earth. everyone there was so nice especially the front counter people.from the bright white origami folded towels the beautiful firm bed and fluffy big pillows not to mention the beautiful granite shower with a handheld showerhead.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Darrell
If you want to stay in this hotel,you need to do the following 1- Make sure you take a shower before one AM, there is no hot water for shower till after six AM. 2- Make sure to cover the shower drain with a wet wash cloth so you will not smell the sewage. 3-Stay on the third floor only ( that of course if you do not want to sleep at night). 4-When the friendly staff at the front desk gives you a complimentary Drinks or breakfast because of the your complains .The Bar/restaurant staff will return the favor by treating you as an inconvenience rather a guest. 5-One more important thing.Do not walk bare feet on the carpet . What really this hotel needs, is for the owner/s to stay with their family in a different room every night for ten days to get it. That of course if they care?.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
no water pressure, no hot water at 3 AM to take a shower, the room carpet is disgusting,and there is no point of having a bar/restaurant (the light is on, and no one home ) waited 12 mints to get service on Tuesday night with only me waiting at the bar?.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Nice clean hotel with easy freeway access"
My check in was smooth and friendly staff working there. Rooms were clean and cleaning staff was very friendly. Easy parking but watch out for the entrance to the hotel. The curb at night can not be seen so I busted my left front tire on the curb. Even the hotel staff told me several people have hit it and they need to put a light out in the front of the hotel entrance. I spent $180 to replace my tire. I was not happy.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Ali
Clean room, overall decent hotel. However, The bed was like sleeping on the floor. Also the cleaning staff (maids) talk and yell up and down the hallway starting at 7am. If you want to sleep in, stay somewhere else.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Convenient and comfortable"
We were visiting family who lived nearby and this was very convenient. The hotel room was comfortable and all the staff were friendly and helpful.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Not Recommended"
The room we had definitely showed it's age. The shower needed grout cleaning and the bathroom floor needs replacing. The room we had smelled a bit stale; however the beds were clean and comfortable. The carpeting needs a serious cleaning both in the room and hallways. Also, the elevator we used was very old, small, and smelled bad. As directed by an in-room memo, we requested only clean face cloths (not towels and linens due to the current drought) by leaving the soiled ones on the bathroom floor; housekeeping picked them up but did not bother to replace them so we had none for day two! Not the best experience we have had with Holiday Inn.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"serves te purpose"
al Good in general.....
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2014
"Comfortable, great value"
I chose this hotel after looking at several others in Mission Valley. In the end, this was a great value; far cheaper, no extra charges for internet or parking, and super convenient to the freeway. It added a maximum of five minutes to anywhere I had to go. It was quiet, clean, and well renovated. The beds were VERY comfortable, and I'm spoiled with a great mattress at home. Over all I was very pleased. I will definitely use this hotel again should I be out there.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
KC
"Holiday inn LM"
TV was too small for the size of the room. Everything else was expected for a Holiday Inn
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
"room condition"
The bed head board fake leather was peeled off in a certain area. No soap in the bathroom to wash hands&body. The air conditioning was under the window so the cool air would blow under the curtains. Had to place the in-room little binder on top of the curtains so the cool air could blow in the room. The heavy blackout curtains had stains. The room had a smoke/funky smell. Called to the front desk to report all the above items. The person apologized & offered a new room. The new room had soap n no funky smell but the same issues were present. In addition, the room was on the HOT side of the hotel. I would try another hotel next time.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"Friendly staff, clean room, great experience"
The title describes the our stay. Room was clean, service was great, and staffs were friendly (& helpful). No problem during our 8 nights.
8 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Ann
"15 minutes from everything!"
Perfect hotel if you're looking for a clean place to stay. Hotel staff was very friendly. Our kids especially liked the swimming pool. The rooms were very clean. A/C worked great! I really liked that the hotel was right next door to a 7-11 convenience store; it was perfect for those late night munchies or that morning cup of coffee. There is a nice omelet cafe very close by that also has great pancakes. The other convenient thing was the hotel was 15 minutes away from Petco Park Stadium where we watched our hometown Dodgers play the Padres.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Michael Del Real
"Great for the price"
Staff was super friendly and helpful. All good things of San Diego (zoo, ballpark, beach) are within less than 20 mins. The shower was absolutely amazing, and room was clean and well kept. Only bad thing was they didn't have any working ice machines. Other than that's great hotel would stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Perfect for my trip!!"
Upon arrival I found the staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant. The room was very nice. It convenient to everything I needed without having to drive into the city. I would definitely recommend this location and will stay again!!
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"An OK Hotel near SDSU"
We checked in late and were given a room that had a distinctly bad odor. We called down the to front desk and they immediately changed our room to a better one 3 doors away. Don't know what the smell was but the service was very good. It is close to SDSU. The beds were comfortable, one of the things I care a great deal about.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Barry
"I ALWAYS STAY HERE!!!"
Great Hotel, clean, comfortable, close to freeways, friendly staff with shopping and food close by. You wont regret you're visit here.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great value"
Enjoyed every moment
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Vicki
Pleasant room for price. Liked the fridge, and very comfortable beds.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Nikki
"Amazing!"
The hotel staff is very friendly, the room was clean, the whole hotel was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a nice area.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
"Business stay"
Stayed one night while on business. No complaint on the room in general but for the price I expected at least a morning newspaper and continental breakfast (which they offer for a price). At least it was less than five minutes from my business mtg.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
Hotel needs updating.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Great hotel. Friendly Staff. Centrally located."
This hotel was very clean and quiet. The curtains were very heavy and provided a nice dark room for sleeping. We slept as late as noon some days without daylight disturbance.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice locations by the Highway *"
The room was clean everyday before noon and the ladies cleaning the rooms were very nice. Front desk folks were also very helpful and courtesy. Had breakfast one morning at the La Mesa resturant right next dooe to the hotel and was very pleased with their breakfast and the service. I would stay again at this hotel/
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
Ninja
"Nice hotel in La Mesa"
Very clean and spacious rooms. AC unit was efficient but loud.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
gusto
"very good"
clean, comfortable, very easy to get there, nice area
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
serbay00
"Summer vacation"
Everything was great. Until one of the beds. The bedspread and sheets was dirty...i think housekeeping leave the sheets and bedspread ...from the clients before us....we ask for clean sheets....and gave us only the coverered sheet....i was so tire and only 1 night... we sleep like that....but the price is high...for the service....Elizabeth
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Eliabeth
"This is a good last minute hotel."
Staff was nice. Room was nice. I didn't like the fact that they dino have a free continental breakfast. Swimming pool was dirty & very small.
"Located to major San Diego attractions"
Hotel and the staff is ok. This review is to the particular room I stayed for 3 nights. This room is close to elevator and there is an ice vending machine right outside the room. You can't sleep well in this room as night long people vend ice from this machine and it makes a lot of noise. Absolute nonsense to live in a room like this with kids especially. I will not go back to this hotel. In general I prefer holiday inn for my stays, this is one is out of question.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Jacob S
"Almost satisfied"
It was great but they need to work more on customer service
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"SDSU Visit"
Picked this hotel due to its proximity to SDSU. We didn't spend much time there as we arrived late and left early.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
The hotel guests were noisy and inconsiderate of the other guests. They let children run and shout in the halls and in the room directly above ours. At 3 AM guests who were leaving were speaking and laughing loudly. We didn't get a good night's sleep the four nights we stayed. The room was adequate, but it was dark and stuffy. The halls were dark.
4 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Sleepless in San Diego
"older hotel but roomy"
Hotel definitely needs some updating. Elevators are slow. Room was spacious. Hide a bed couch was small. No microwave (can rent one for $5. Hotel staff actually let us use their breakroom to warm up food!). On site restaurant is okay, decent prices and nice that kids eat free. Close to Costco, which was great! Short drive to Sea World. I think an elephant or two stayed above us one night. Thankfully that was only one night. But you do hear everyone above & next to you.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Really not pleased."
My family and I were not pleased. We arrived into our room to find the tiniest queen beds we have ever seen.After going down to the front desk,we were told an electrician would be up and evaluate the size??Nobody ever came.We then discovered a 3in gap in our door. This made the room loud and did not allow for privacy as far as our conversation. We could stick our arm under?And the bathroom door had a vertical gap so large that you could be seen using the restroom!Our toilet backed up on one of the days. After calling, nobody came up until MUCH later. We all had to go! My husband ended up fixing it himself. Housekeeping did not replace an empty cardboard roll after cleaning. We called twice with no answer. All of us had to use tissue. Bit uncomfortable but at least it was something....Untill we ran out! Also, the pool was not clear and boasted yellow tones. We are confused on how this hotel maintains a 4 out of 5 rating. Maybe it was just an out of the ordinary experience... But the gaps in the doors? You should also know that sirens are quite frequent in this area, if noise bothers you. Definitely overpriced for what you get.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Nice hotel close to San Diego State University"
Clean, updated facility. Friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"People running on the 3rd floor!!"
People running all night on the 3rd floor
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Nice clean & friendly"
Overall hotel it's good, plenty of parking, but small spaces, avoid if possible rooms on the first floor, they are kind of noisy, can hear people walking, cars parking etc, try to get 2nd or 3rd floor.
1 night business trip May 17, 2014