All hotels in La Mesa, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here8000 Parkway Dr, La Mesa, CA, 91942, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Great value"
Enjoyed every moment
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Vicki
Pleasant room for price. Liked the fridge, and very comfortable beds.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Nikki
"Amazing!"
The hotel staff is very friendly, the room was clean, the whole hotel was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a nice area.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2014
"Business stay"
Stayed one night while on business. No complaint on the room in general but for the price I expected at least a morning newspaper and continental breakfast (which they offer for a price). At least it was less than five minutes from my business mtg.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
Hotel needs updating.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Great hotel. Friendly Staff. Centrally located."
This hotel was very clean and quiet. The curtains were very heavy and provided a nice dark room for sleeping. We slept as late as noon some days without daylight disturbance.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice locations by the Highway *"
The room was clean everyday before noon and the ladies cleaning the rooms were very nice. Front desk folks were also very helpful and courtesy. Had breakfast one morning at the La Mesa resturant right next dooe to the hotel and was very pleased with their breakfast and the service. I would stay again at this hotel/
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2014
Ninja
"Nice hotel in La Mesa"
Very clean and spacious rooms. AC unit was efficient but loud.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
gusto
"very good"
clean, comfortable, very easy to get there, nice area
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
serbay00
"Summer vacation"
Everything was great. Until one of the beds. The bedspread and sheets was dirty...i think housekeeping leave the sheets and bedspread ...from the clients before us....we ask for clean sheets....and gave us only the coverered sheet....i was so tire and only 1 night... we sleep like that....but the price is high...for the service....Elizabeth
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Eliabeth
"This is a good last minute hotel."
Staff was nice. Room was nice. I didn't like the fact that they dino have a free continental breakfast. Swimming pool was dirty & very small.
"Located to major San Diego attractions"
Hotel and the staff is ok. This review is to the particular room I stayed for 3 nights. This room is close to elevator and there is an ice vending machine right outside the room. You can't sleep well in this room as night long people vend ice from this machine and it makes a lot of noise. Absolute nonsense to live in a room like this with kids especially. I will not go back to this hotel. In general I prefer holiday inn for my stays, this is one is out of question.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Jacob S
"Almost satisfied"
It was great but they need to work more on customer service
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"SDSU Visit"
Picked this hotel due to its proximity to SDSU. We didn't spend much time there as we arrived late and left early.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
The hotel guests were noisy and inconsiderate of the other guests. They let children run and shout in the halls and in the room directly above ours. At 3 AM guests who were leaving were speaking and laughing loudly. We didn't get a good night's sleep the four nights we stayed. The room was adequate, but it was dark and stuffy. The halls were dark.
4 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Sleepless in San Diego
"older hotel but roomy"
Hotel definitely needs some updating. Elevators are slow. Room was spacious. Hide a bed couch was small. No microwave (can rent one for $5. Hotel staff actually let us use their breakroom to warm up food!). On site restaurant is okay, decent prices and nice that kids eat free. Close to Costco, which was great! Short drive to Sea World. I think an elephant or two stayed above us one night. Thankfully that was only one night. But you do hear everyone above & next to you.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Really not pleased."
My family and I were not pleased. We arrived into our room to find the tiniest queen beds we have ever seen.After going down to the front desk,we were told an electrician would be up and evaluate the size??Nobody ever came.We then discovered a 3in gap in our door. This made the room loud and did not allow for privacy as far as our conversation. We could stick our arm under?And the bathroom door had a vertical gap so large that you could be seen using the restroom!Our toilet backed up on one of the days. After calling, nobody came up until MUCH later. We all had to go! My husband ended up fixing it himself. Housekeeping did not replace an empty cardboard roll after cleaning. We called twice with no answer. All of us had to use tissue. Bit uncomfortable but at least it was something....Untill we ran out! Also, the pool was not clear and boasted yellow tones. We are confused on how this hotel maintains a 4 out of 5 rating. Maybe it was just an out of the ordinary experience... But the gaps in the doors? You should also know that sirens are quite frequent in this area, if noise bothers you. Definitely overpriced for what you get.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Nice hotel close to San Diego State University"
Clean, updated facility. Friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"People running on the 3rd floor!!"
People running all night on the 3rd floor
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Nice clean & friendly"
Overall hotel it's good, plenty of parking, but small spaces, avoid if possible rooms on the first floor, they are kind of noisy, can hear people walking, cars parking etc, try to get 2nd or 3rd floor.
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
Oscar
Very nice hotel,clean and staff very friendly.Easy access,great place to stay for San Diego State graduation.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Lori
"Great Front Desk"
Josh at the front desk was a great source of information in dealing with directions and parking to attend our daughter's graduation from SDSU. Ample parking at hotel. Room was clean with comfortable beds.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"La Mesa Holiday Inn"
It was comfortable enough, and through Hotels.com worth the price for our needs. The a/c worked great which was very important, as it was very, very hot when we were there. They were re-tiling in front of the elevator, but no inconvenience, very courteous worker. Front desk one very helpful attendant, one not very friendly. We would stay here again. There are many restaurants in the surrounding area and with GPS on my phone, very easy to drive to.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Good Business Hotel"
I've stayed at this hotel previously and it's a good business hotel. Room service folks were late on my order; however, called to advise me prior to the delivery time - always appreciated.
1 night business trip May 13, 2014
"Room confusion"
Our confirmation clearly stated "executive rooms" but we were given "standard rooms." When I questioned the front desk about the discrepancy, the clerk replied, "you will have to take that up with Expedia." There is a bar/restaurant attached to the premises. The food is okay and the mixed drinks were priced the same as most, but a glass of wine was $9.00 per glass which surprised us when we were given our check. The bartender told us he did not know why the wine price was so high since it had been set by his new manager.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Sharky
It was a pleasant stay everyone was friendly and courteous. Room was very clean. Hotel was close to eating places and 35 min. From the Wild animal park. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip May 5, 2014
sandra
"In and out"
Great staff room was clean bed slept great!
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
"one night stay"
Staff was nice, room clean. Will stay again.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
RS
"Freeway close..ten minutes to Old Town"
Hotel is in need of an upgrade. Rooms are dark and dingy compared to other more recent hotels. Rooms had a disinfectant smell.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Enjoyed the hotel, great price, great location, right by the I-8 freeway, front desk allowed for late checkout, we would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"Weekend Stay"
I enjoyed my stay here, Would reserve again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Just ok."
Beds were not very comfortable and a lot of hallway noise.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
The Employees were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and quiet, something I value. Other than the elevator being worked on, or was perfect for me and my 2 year old son.
3 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
elizabeth
"Location was pretty good."
The elevator did not work and we ended up with a room right next to the busy road and furthest possible location from elevator. The people up stairs were literally jumping off the beds and very irritating. The location worked well for us and it was a nice clean room.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Suited Our Needs"
We have stayed here twice. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. We don't spend much time there...strictly a place to sleep! First floor room on back side of parking lot there was a fair amount of noise. I wore ear plugs...a must!
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
JR
"I'm hard to please"
But This Hotel did exactly what they advertised. Friendly, courteous and attentive people. I usually stay at the Comfort Inn at hotel circle when I come down to San Diego but I may now have a new hotel to frequent. Thank you all for the service.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Thomas Frazier
"Everything you need but a bathtub."
A decent hotel. Nice staff. Just was wondering why there was no bath as I have two little ones who don't shower. All and all good. There was a loud party going on with a large group of young people that went on till midnight. When I mentioned it to the desk the next day they said they sent someone as soon as they got a complaint. I would suggest that they make the rounds late at night to make sure this doesn't go on. I wouldn't mind but they had their doors open and were really loud in the hall. Also they should think about a noon checkout as it's really the new normal. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Marin
Rooms nice but too dark and pillows way too hard and big.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
nancy
"Good for the area"
For a business trip in El Cajon, probably the best hotel in the area. Close to enough things but very busy roads.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
loves san diego
"Trip to see family"
We took a short trip home to see my in-laws who are not doing well. The Hotel we booked through Expedia was TERRIBLE!!! Luckily they let us change for the remainder of our trip but I just want EVERYONE to know that the Mission Valley Resort is a dump!! It should not be represented as a resort in any way.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Nice hotel close to shopping, freeways, and more."
We were visiting family so we didn't have a chance to stay at the hotel for any length of time. It was a very nice hotel, centrally located. The view was not that great. Overlooking the 7-11 neon sign and the dumpster. But we were not staying there for the view.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Location is not bad, about 25 minutes to San Diego"
My overall experience was good. It took awhile for the warm water to come-on.
Abe
"Location is not bad, about 25 minutes to San Diego"
My overall experience was good. It took awhile for the warm water to come-on.
Abe
"my stay"
Overall it was a decent hotel, restaurant on grounds, there was some updating so some areas were a mess, good price
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Ok passing through"
I asked for a quiet room so I was put right at the end facing a seven eleven and a carwash across the street. Early the next morning I heard announcements coming over a loud speaker. It was coming from the car wash. They would page people about their car. Never got to sleep in. On the other hand everything else was fine. It's a clean place to stay. There's nothing within walking to visit. Far from the beaches etc.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
GiGi
"Convenient"
close to a nice breakfast restaurant and Norma Jeans dive bar... No soap holder in the shower...???? That was odd.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Great, would like to stay again. restaurant on premises was excellent. Construction on the elevators was a bit of an eye sore but otherwise very nice hotel.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
C-loss
"college"
The rooms were nice but the hallways smelled and were dirty. The hotel lobby furniture was dirty. I did not like the homeless people sleeping in the parking lot.
2 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"nice hotel"
I've been coming to this hotel regularly as it is a very good bargain. The staff is very nice and the rooms are very comfortable
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
Everything was great except for the door to the room needed repair.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2014