All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
700 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"You will love it"
It was only 1 night but very enjoyable
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
Theodore
"Omni"
I like the Omni. This Austin hotel is in a great location. Great value. A bit slow on the check in and check out procedures. In addition, the person at check was not very informative about the check out and the computer system.
2 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
david
"Fun getaway"
Very attentive staff. Prompt responses and helpful
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate your positive feedback in regards to our staff members. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
lawrence
"Omni at its worst"
The hotel was a disaster and each room they gave us was dirty. After the fourth time we finally got in our room after 1 AM. Although it was a living nightmare and my family was inconvenience the entire staying they did make an effort to compensate are staying as our true trip and experience was ruined.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for your comment. We do appreciate and take seriously all guest issues and use them to improve our service. I will share your comment with the appropriate staff and do hope you will try us again. Regards, Gene
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Great Hotel, Better Service"
The staff was great. They were attentive and were eager to provide information about restaurants and other surrounding activities. I will say there every time we are in Austin.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for the positive feedback in regards to the customer service of our team. We appreciate your patronage.
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
Christian
"Nice Enjoyable Experience."
No problems at all. Pricing was a little better than the other Hotels downtown. Nice easy stroll to the Paramount Theater right around the corner. My pan seared salmon was terrific at Ancho's. Would book again.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Memorial weekend"
Enjoyed everything except the hotel parking charges.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Bryan
"Not 4 stars"
Expected much more from a **** (4 star) hotel. Room was clean and well taken care of, but AC system did not work well (kept getting hot and cold). Hotel was overall clean and orderly. Concer. desk was not spectacular, could not give me basic info about visiting State Capital. I have stayed other Omni's, and this one is not up to par. I stayed at spring Hill suites in San An. the night before, was much better. Location was the best thing, Walking distance for everything.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for your comment. We do take all comments seriously and use them to improve our services. I will share with the guest service staff. Regards, Gene
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Terry
"Lovely comfortable hotel"
We enjoyed our stay ,good location , friendly /helpful staff
Other trip May 29, 2015
Eileen
"Mediocre at best."
We were a late check in and the last thing we needed was room issues. The rug was soaking wet from the air conditioning. They said they would send someone to look at it but after 20 minutes I had to contact the desk and ask if anyone was coming. They offered to change rooms but at that point we were settled in and it was very late. Then, the restaurant was a terrible experience. The food was fair and the service very slow. The only plus was the front desk staff and valet parking staff were on par.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate your positive and constructive feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you encountered and the unsatisfactory food quality and service issues in our restaurant. We hope you will return in the future to allow us to provide you with a more comfortable experience.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Gloria
"Last time I stay at Omni downtown Austin"
Great place to stay if you are a student that likes to party until about 3am - security would always break up the party (3nights in a row) but you had to rise from your sleep, call & complain then work on getting back to sleep before sunrise - not a fun process. They actually post signage stating a no party policy but they are not proactive.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately the same is true for the other hotels in downtown Austin on weekends. it is a challenge to try to control over 1000 people returning from clubs after midnight. The staff does an excellent job as we have relatively few complaints considering the number of people here. I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience and do hope you will return. My best regards, Gene
5 night family trip May 21, 2015
Stephen
"Great place for a quick get away ."
Went for our 19th anniversary. Very nice Hotel, beautiful room. Walking distance to 6th St. Only negative, they don't have robes for big men.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
donald
"Great Location, Great Staff."
I came to Austin with a friend to celebrate my 21st birthday. The location of the hotel was pretty close to sixth street, and we were able to walk from our hotel within a matter of minutes. The staff greeted us as soon as we entered the lobby, and all staff were just super hospitable. Kierra, the woman who checked us in, was great! She offered us a room with a decent view, despite the hotel being pretty full for Memorial Weekend. Also, the coffee shop closes pretty early (around 2pm) in the lobby, and when we went down there to order a drink it had already been closed. Fortunately, one of the staff members behind the restaurant came over and offered to make us drinks anyways, which was extremely kind of him! All in all, the hotel was a great experience. The lobby is gorgeous, and the rooms aren't half bad. The beds are the best part! Next time I visit Austin, we will be booking here again!
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for taking time to publicly acknowledge the noteworthy customer service of our staff members. We look forward to hosting your next special occasion.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Shannon
"Perfect stay"
Great hotel and perfect location. Close to Main Street and walking distance to everything in Austin. Excellent customer service
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
marcela
"Staycation"
Hotel was beautiful and only 300 yards from the infamous 6th st! My husband and I had a little staycation and couldn't be more happy with our stay!
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Jose
"Great location, nice facilities"
Recommended for a 5-star stay in Austin. Good service. Nice facilities. Great bar/breakfast room/ atrium. Would stay again.
Other trip May 26, 2015
apollobaywonder
"Nice hotel downtown Austin."
The overall experience was great, but the weather didn't co operate
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Very Disapointed..."
I had water pressure and temp issues with the shower as in it went completely cold and then basically shut off mid shower which always makes for a great start to the work day... When I walked into the room after checking in it smelt like wet carpet and indeed had wet carpet as if they had just shampooed them, or so I thought. Makes you wonder what happened in the room prior to my arrival. Then on my second night when the carpet had finally dried out, I noticed that it was wet again in certain spots in the room as if there may be some kind of leak. It was very odd and pretty disgusting. For $300 per night one would expect much higher quality of cleanliness and and that the hotel would not put you in that room until it was completely cleaned, fixed, and dried rather than pretend it's all good and hope the guest doesn't notice. I will never stay at this hotel again. The only positive is the location is great in relation to 6th street, but I would recommend staying at Hyatt place or Marriott Residence or JW. I have also heard good things about the Hilton, especially for price value.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for taking time to provide your honest feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the housekeeping and maintenance issues you encountered. We’re very sorry for these inconveniences and appreciate you reporting the matters so that we may rectify immediately. We hope you will reconsider and return in the future as we value your patronage.
3 night business trip May 18, 2015
Brett
"Overcharged and told they would not help me"
In summary, I was charged a rate for 4 adults, when I only had three adults. The Omni is refusing to correct this issue. I booked three rooms through Expedia. Initially I had 4 adults in two of the rooms and 3 adults in the other room. Expedia did not collect any charges, they simply made the reservation. More than a week prior to my trip, I called Omni and told them I booked with Expedia but needed to change the number of guests to 3 adults in each room because two could not make it. They said that was fine and I would be billed accordingly. I was not told to contact Expedia. When I checked into the hotel, I also explained my situation and was told it would be fine and also told them exactly how many people were staying with us (9 adults). Upon check out, I reviewed my bill and it showed I was charged for 4 adults in two rooms at a higher rate. The woman at the desk refused to assist, only saying that it was Expedia's rate and they could not change it. I think contacted the billing department and was ultimately told the General Manager was refusing to correct the overbilling as well. This is very dishonest behavior.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Excellent hotel and service"
We stayed at the Omni for 5 nights. We were originally placed on the 10th floor, where they had just painted the hallway around the elevators and the smell was VERY strong. In addition, there was an extremely loud screeching noise that happened 4-5 times at night. When we brought it to the attention of the management the next morning, they were great! They moved us to a quiet room on the "club level," and the rest of our stay was great! We had the breakfast buffet one day and it was excellent. The rest of the time we had breakfast and hors d'oeuvres on the club level. There were several other times that we had great interactions with the staff.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for the maintenance and noise issues you encountered. We’re very happy to hear that our team was able to recover to your satisfaction, and we hope you choose to return in the future.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Rob
"Not bad."
Hotel was fine overall. There was a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door, so yeah no 4 star review from me. Other than that it wasn't bad. Hallways had scuffs on the wallpaper and visible dings...hotel felt older than it is when in the guest area. Overall not bad. Close to 6th and Stubbs so it was a great location for us.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We thank you for providing honest feedback from your recent visit. Please accept our apologies for the lapse in housekeeping service. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Jon
"Good location, close to 6th street."
Good hotel and have stayed a few times. Request a quiet room, facing the interior or you may hear late night noise from the 6th street bars and patrons.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Austin. We thank you for providing your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Nice hotel, good location, covention center feel"
Nice hotel located near Sixth Street. Accomodations are nice and clean, I especially liked the cowhide ottoman and leather arm chair. Had a very Texas feel. However, overall not as luxurious as I would normally expect from an Omni. Seemed to be primarily a convention center with lots of big groups. Lobby was large and lacked intimacy, adding to the convention center feeling. Walls were a little thin, and the bathroom lighting was bad, especially in the shower. We got a pretty good deal on the room, making it very worthwhile. For a nice room in a decent location downtown, I would recommend this hotel. If you're looking for something high end and luxurious for a relaxing retreat, I might recommend spending a bit more to stay elsewhere.
Other trip May 16, 2015
S
"Good price for a downtown Austin hotel."
It was nice to be at a place with a Jacuzzi and spa which was included in the hotel costs. Red River street is also a very funny avenue.
1 night trip May 7, 2015
rocker
"Pleasant enough!"
We were only there one night so brief and easy. They let us extend checkout time to suit our departure by 1.5 hours, which made all the difference and was appreciated.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Pamm
"Great weekend"
Nice place for a getaway...
2 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"very accomodating polite staff and great location"
requested a microwave And fridge and they remembered. Great location. Wonderful staff
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"The place to stay for TCEQ conventiion."
what I expected, I've stayed here before, great place and walking distance from 6th street!
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
Angel
"Nice hotel good location"
Overall good stay. Friendly staff and bartender was great as well. Rooms were clean and concierge was helpful in getting us reservations on weekend. Only ate breakfast at hotel but food was good. Location was near all major things and a short cab ride from SoCo or Rainey Street.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate the positive feedback following your recent visit. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Self park advised"
Great stay, other than the valet parking experience. Bad enough to have me consider another hotel next time.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate the feedback and extend our apologies for the service issues you encountered while utilizing our valet service. We hope you will reconsider and return to our hotel in the future.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"nice modern hotel in downtown Austin"
A pleasant six days, friendly Strads and good facilities.
6 night business trip May 2, 2015
We were in town specifically to listen to music and the Omni was only two blocks off 6th street, which is ideal.
Other trip May 9, 2015
"perfect"
Perfect location. Great pool
1 night trip Mar 29, 2015
"awesome"
It was great. Everything you need. Great location
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
"Good customer service."
Last minute stay and everything was as expected. Bartender and front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your last minute trip to Austin. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Jeremy
"Austin food & Wine"
Great hotel. Everyone was very helpful
3 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
"ordinary"
First trip to Austin for business. Hotel not as appealing as web photos. Overpriced. Hallways dirty. Bathroom fixtures outdated and broken. Poor sound control. Atrium restaurant was very good. Location was good.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate the positive and constructive feedback from your recent stay and will share your comments with the appropriate department heads. Thank you for your patronage.
4 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
Victoria
"Austin"
Really tiny rooftop pool
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Marquall
Great place to stay, great staff that everything easy, great experience. Very convenient location
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Excellent Service"
Took very good care of me.
2 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
Ed
"Omni is awesome"
Great central location and beautiful hotel. Loved the coffee delivered to my room every morning with my Gold member status!
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Ann
"Texas Legislative Stay"
Clean, up to date rooms. Nice linens and towels. Close to an abundance of food and entertainment.
2 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Ryan
This omni is VERY old. I have stayed at several great Omnis and assumed this one would meet the standards of the others. Unfortunately, it did not. The staff is pretty friendly for the most part. The hotel gym and rooms were rather clean. Housekeeping was very accommodating. The feeling of the hotel isn't overall " clean". the pool deck is very dated and didn't meet my standards of cleanliness, hence no swimming for me. They did however provide clean pool towels. Getting to the pool deck entry was rather odd, unusual and quite creepy.... Down a corridor of the penthouse, to an old stairwell which leads you to the pool?!?! Weird! The hotel was given a slight refacing to give it a more up to date appearance. But clearly, the signs of a complete renovation are in need from the hallway carpeting, pool, elevators etc... After realizing there were many options regarding hotels during my stay, I will choose to experience a newer hotel fory next visit. Especially since my rates were as high as the JW Marriott which is STUNNING!
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate your positive and constructive feedback. We have recently renovated our upper guestroom/suite floors, public and meeting space, and we’re looking forward to completing the renovation of our lower guestroom floors in the near future. We hope you decide to return to our hotel and value your comments.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Helena
"BEAUTIFUL hotel and GREAT location!"
Amazing hotel, close to everything, family friendly, courteous staff! Great experience!
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Morgan
"Relax after the Race"
We decided on the Omni because of location. Husband enjoyed a great night sleep with plenty of pillow selection and comfy bed. The walls are thin so you can hear some noice but not too bad for a Sunday. The staff was very friendly and hotel was bright and clean. We walked 2 blocks for dinner on 6th street and glad everything was near.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Great and accessible"
Wonderful staff, clean and quiet. Will return! Loved it!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Not a 4 Star Hotel"
This is an alright hotel, but not worth the premium that is paid. In this price range, one should expect a premiere, and modern facility. The Omni is nice, but it's style is old, as are many parts of the building. The carpets in the hallways are old and stained, the walls have markings on them, I had to move my first room because it stunk heavily of mold, (the second room smelled also, but it wasn't as bad so I just kept it), and the air conditioner rattled and made a lot of noise. Omni is charging what W and Westin charges fro nightly rates in other major US cities. Let me tell you, it is not W or Westin caliber.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for your comments. We use all reviews of our hotel to help improve our services.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Never waited for an elevator (rare for other downtown hotels). Bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Loved the blackout curtains-good for sleeping past 6 AM.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
We stayed at the Omni 4/15 to 4/18. The location is great right in the middle of everything. It is Expensive, but it was clean and ALL of the people we came in contact with were just awesome. We look forward to our next visit.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
3 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
Jay
"Disappointing that you have to pay extra for wifi"
I really didn't expect to be paying another $10 per day to use their wifi!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015