All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here700 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX, 78701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location for bars, Bad for multiple people"
The hotel is located two blocks away from 6th street which is great for bars and food. The downside is the hotel staff doesn't think its acceptable to have 4 people in a room talking to each other at 430 in the afternoon. They claim its too loud and threaten to kick you out. I mean seriously it was adults in a room at 430pm on a Saturday chatting and catching up before going out to dinner. I mean really?!?! We go to dinner with our friends and out for drink and only two return at 1215 to a security guard walking the floor. Coincidence or not, we were not loud or rowdy from the start and it was a rainy Saturday. I would hate to see how they handle the music fests or rodeo with all those drunk loud people.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
K
"Disappointing: smell of water and the staff"
The water did not smell sanitary. It had the smell of dead fish. It was so bad, all 3 of us had to use tap water when brushing our teeth. As far as the the rooms being clean, yes. The bed was comfortable but the water in the shower and sink made the overall stay repulsive. OMG!! Worst part: NO PLUGS FOR YOUR phone, etc. We had to unplug lamps and alarm clocks to charge phones, computer, etc. When we pulled in to valet our vehicle, the valet attendant walked past us, to attend to the people in the 'nicer' car behind us. When I asked him what he was doing, he said he didn't realize we were valeting (though we were in the front to valet).
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. I am sorry about the water issue. We have not had any other comments about it but we will check the system. All of the staff uses this same system daily with no issue. As for the plugs there are 3 plugs on the table beside the bed and 3 on the side of the desk. They are marked with the plug in symbol. I'm sorry you missed them. I would be happy to discuss this with you if you like. Please call me directly. Gene McMenamin
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Leslie
"Great location staff could be more friendly."
Rooms were great! Location was perfect! Staff was not friendly. I'm a happy person 99% of the time. I know your job can be exhausting and test your patience daily but there is no reason to act snobby towards complete strangers. I'll be staying at hiltons from now on! Same issue with recent stay at Omni in NYC. Never again.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate your honest feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for not receiving the warm welcome that is customary from our staff members. We will share your comments with the team in order to recover from this lapse in service. We hope you will reconsider and return to our hotel in the future.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
had to pay for WiFi. Who does that anymore?!?! Otherwise, great hotel
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Omni, best back up plan ever"
I was in town for a work conference; the conference itself was at another hotel which had been overbooked, so I ended up at the Omni. The Omni was very comfortable, clean and in a great location. I very much preferred it to the hotel where the conference was taking place. We walked to 6th St. each night for the live music. The staff was friendly and accommodating, particularly the concierge who went out of his way to make arrangements for a manicure and pedicure on very short notice.
2 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
Mackenzie
"Great view!"
The room was great but we got a queen bed instead of a king. The bed was very uncomfortable. Really liked the hotel but the bed was very disappointing. We also had a great view of downtown and 6th street.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate your feedback. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to accommodate your requested room type as we do attempt to fulfill all such requests. We hope you return in the future.
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
"Luxury hotel, great location"
probably the best thing to say about this hotel is the staff was extremely helpful. I needed a shoehorn to get my boots on and when she had no idea what it was, another person went to shoeshine guy who immediately produced one that worked perfectly. I'm just sorry I didn't get names.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Glo
"Make sure you get outside view."
Make sure you ask for a outside view room, there is an interior view room that looks into another part of the building (office building) and it is kind of creepy- you would not be able to open the blinds.
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Weekend stay in Austin"
I went to Austin to meet up with friends from out of town. The hotel is clean and the staff is really friendly. The best part is the location, which is close enough to everything downtown without being in the center of the Dirty Six.
3 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
Suzan
Very attractive,very friendly, great location. Very happy with our stay and the staff
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"It was fine."
Booked this hotel for a Valentine's weekend getaway with high hopes. I'll say the hotel was generally nice but not what I expected. I've stayed at a downtown Omni in Dallas and it was easily the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in and I expected the same here. It was clean, staff was friendly, location was fine if you don't mind walking (which we didn't-we enjoyed exploring on foot) but for almost $400 a night I expected elegance or at least a more modern hotel. I felt the rooms were dated, comparable to what you would get for $200/night or less. That is really my only complaint. If you're not into the fancy fixtures and furnishings then you won't mind this hotel. I get that prices were higher considering the holiday but I just wouldn't recommend it especially for a romantic stay. If you're going to pay that much then stay at the W which is the same price or somewhere else more visually appealing.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We have recently renovated our upper guestroom/suite floors, public space, and meeting rooms. We look forward to completing the update on our lower floors in the near future. We hope you will reconsider and return to our hotel as we value your patronage.
Crystal
"Nicer for Business, Rather Than Pleasure"
It wasn't like it was a bad experience. It just felt that for what you're paying ($$$), it should have come with a bigger 'wow factor.' Even with the beautiful glass features of the building, the Omni felt cold and seemed to cater more to the business class rather than a couple looking for an uber romantic getaway. Contrary to the web description, there wasn't a coffe maker in the room, the gorgeous glass shower had just a puny, regular shower head, and then they want to charge for parking. I will say, the staff was incredibly nice and helpful though. Would probably find something fancier next time.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for sharing your experience while visiting our hotel. We appreciate the positive and constructive feedback. Please accept our apologies that our staff members did not point out the coffee maker located in your armoire. Parking in the downtown area is extremely limited and our parking rates are competitive with all other hotels located in the vicinity. We hope you will reconsider and return in the future so that we may provide you with a more memorable stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
We had a pleasant stay at the OMNI. Most of the places we went to were within walking distance or a short cab ride away. The pool was small, but the deck had fantastic sun exposure.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Fantastic Stay!"
It was great the staff was very friendly and the room was very top notch!
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, and we thank you for the kind remarks involving the customer service of our staff members. We appreciate your feedback.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Bryan
"Thumbs Up"
Stayed in Austin one night. The Omni was perfectly located - close to so many good restaurants and bars. The hotel meet all our needs and expectations. My daughter & I had a wonderful time.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Within walking distance to everything Austin"
Great location since I didn't rent a car. Staff were pleasant and helpful. I think the cost is a bit high, would probably have stayed at Mariott for just as nice a hotel, good location and less expensive. Also, be prepared for noise from downtown and walls were thin- I could hear the people talking and their conversation in the room next to me.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
K
Very rude staff. Specially the guy at the front desk, can't remember his name, it was hard to pronounce. I don't know what's happened in your life that you need to be so rude to people. Maybe life hasn't been great for you but it's no reason for you to retaliate and take it out on hotel guests that are just in Austin enjoying their night. Everything else about the hotel was great, except that guy.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the less than customary level of service you received from our Front Desk staff member. We hope you will return in the future as we value your patronage.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Good choice for Austin"
Good standard hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Overall I would stay again!"
Everything was great! The water had a weird taste though.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"I would stay here again"
I wanted to stay downtown for my birthday. The room was great, the service impeccable. They accommodated my room request and were just very thoughtful and made me feel very special. I would highly recommend this to anyone and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else when visiting Austin. The location is perfect to walk to the famous 6th street. I didn't hear any noise. All around great!
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
Ivonne
"Was there for a family visit."
It started with the room that we were given as we walked in the room it was still unattended by the hotel staff from the prior guest. Second room we were given my daughter was a suite which we did not ask for but a nice gesture on their part. I went downstairs to retrieve an item left our daughter in the room and then a guest walked in with the bellman in our room and said that it was his room. WOW. After fixing that problem. The hotel needs a total facelift. The carpet in the room was buckling, the walls needed to be painted etc. On the next night there were a couple of baby roaches on the night stand next to the bed. This was a suite. The last time we stayed at this hotel it was clean and kept up.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great hotel in the middle of Downtown Austin"
The hotel staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. The location was perfect... a few blocks from 6th Street and in the center of everything downtown. The hotel itself is very impressive from the lobby. The rooms are nice, but not quite elegant.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate you taking time to share your recent experience while staying at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Anthony
"Excellent Hotel"
The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are nicely appointed. The staff, every member we encountered, was very enthusiastic, friendly, helpful and just all around pleasant! We stayed for our Anniversary and it was a GREAT choice! Will be going there again for sure.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
TA
"Excellent Staff"
I took my family to Austin so that my daughter could attend an audition for a summer intensive ballet program. The Omni was a few blocks away from where we needed to be. Having stayed at the Omni for a business trip with a designer that I work with, I was familiar with the breath taking views inside the hotel and thought my kids would love it. We enjoyed the proximity to so many places based on the downtown location. The one downside is that on the weekend, 6th street can get a bit rowdy. I didn't have any issues with noise when I stayed for business in the week, but the weekend was a little loud. I had an incident that shouldn't have occurred. I won't say what it was because it could have happened at any hotel, but the way that these guys responded to it was absolutely touching. They couldn't have handled it more professional and from the heart. My family and I were beyond impressed with the way the management took care of the incident, and also we were constantly taken care of by the staff.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We truly appreciate the feedback from your recent stay. We’re very pleased to hear that the situation you encountered was handled professionally and promptly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Bobby
"'Thirsty Thursday' - all about that Bass!"
The good - great hotel, and generally a good location close to downtown, the Capitol and 6th street. The bad - was here on business and on Thursday nights approximately 30,000 college students descend on 6th street, just two blocks away. My glass balcony window was literally vibrating from the bass until after 2am. To their credit, the hotel was very responsive when I called down that night (obviously this is an issue they must deal with frequently) - and when I woke up the next morning there were two breakfast vouchers slid under my door. I'm not saying don't stay here - It's a beautiful hotel with a great staff - but if you do, make sure you get an Atrium room and not a City View room. Unless you plan on partying till 2am anyway!
2 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Alan
"Great Stay!"
Beautiful hotel, fantastic staff and terrific location!
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Sandra
"good experience"
Very clean room, nice lobby. Nothing super fancy, but for my weekend trip it was fine. Staff was helpful when I needed them. The hotel is well located in proximity to 6th street and all of the downtown bars.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Ashwin
Will stay again - very friendly staff. Quiet and centrally located for everything in central downtown Austin.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Austin
"Expensive hotel thats worth it!"
Great hotel! Pricey but worth iT!1
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
Guillermo
"great place unless bachelor party like stay"
only complaint of hotel is the ridic over-security at night. so for bachelor parties and such, stay elsewhere. otherwise, gym, staff, location, bar is great.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for your comments. Due to our proximity to the Entertainment District, we do enforce a strict Good Night’s Rest policy to ensure a comfortable and quiet stay for all of our guests. We appreciate your patronage and hope you have the opportunity to return in the future.
6 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
"Great Stay!!"
This was my first stay at a Omni hotel and it was a great experience. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and very nice! I have to give a special thanks to Kevin for being so nice and sweet to my cousin who was turning 50! He found out while we were checking about my cousin turning 50 and when we came back to the room after a late afternoon walk, we found a bottle of champagne and strawberries waiting in our room wishing my cousin a "Happy 50th Birthday"! It was such a thoughtful gesture from Kevin, it makes me want to always stay at this hotel when I'm in Austin.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the noteworthy customer service of one of our team members. We’re very pleased to hear that your cousin enjoyed a memorable birthday, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Very nice but bathroom was missing some supplies. Bar had an excellent green chile and pork stew!
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
We got an really great rate through hotels.com and really enjoyed our stay. Rooms were nice and location was amazing . It is a quiet hotel and has strict non-party rules which is great for sleeping but if that is what your there for, simply make sure you know in advance that after 10:30 they are strict.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Erika
"weekend escape"
Came to town to meet family and enjoy weekend in Austin. Got a great deal on hotel so it meet all expectations. If arrivng by car the unloading area is a bit tight, but valet personnel quick and polite. you can self park as well. Decore it fresh and spacious. The hot chocolate in lobby a nice touch on a cold day. Location is a 1 block from the activity on 6th street without the noise. The king room facing the atrium was spacious, shower hot, bed very comfortable, nice variety of in room entertainment. The only negative was internet was not free. For the same price I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
pj
"Exploring for Retirement Experiences"
Great Hotel! We wanted to experience downtown Austin History and 6th Street Music. The staff was so wonderful we sent a thank you note on our departure. They sent us a fruit bowl and champagne for a very minor adjustment to our room. We will be seeking Omni Hotels from now on.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Vicki
The hotel has a great location in Austin, which worked great for us. It was quiet and the noise ordinance they have in place was much appreciated. I was misled or misunderstood the person at check in about the parking. I asked if they validate parking and he didn't explain to me that I would be charged upon check out their daily rate. I'm fine with the charge but wish he had explained it clearly. The room was clean but had a distinct smell of something damp or moldy. I'm guessing that it's the bathroom as the smell was very strong. I didn't see any mold so I would suspect that it's under the carpet or tile. The heating in the room was inconsistent and it wasn't until the 2nd night that I felt that the room temperature was comfortable.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for providing valuable feedback from your recent visit. We would like to extend our apologies for the miscommunication regarding our parking rates and procedures. In addition, we’re very sorry for the maintenance issues you encountered in your guestroom, and we thank you for reporting these concerns so that we may rectify immediately. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Robyn
"Not Happy with service provided"
Long story short. They gave away the room that I rereserved with a guy over the phone. the room that I got was facing the atrium wich it was very loud. They took away the roof top hot tub and the sauna room. The internet didn't workd. I was about 1 hour n the phone with their technical support. Recomendations - *Try to get a room facing the outside. *Do not purchase the internet services its super slow And it doesn't work *Stay away from the room services. Ríos its too expensive and not worth it. Overall - Great Location and Very friendly and polite staff.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Santiago
The hotel is connected to an office building and has a beautiful lobby and architecture. Unfortunately the rooms are small and sparse so it's kind of a jarring contrast. Overall a nice hotel but I wouldn't rate it as one of the better rooms I've stayed in.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great Hotel in a Great City!"
Stayed here with my wife for vacation/wedding. The staff here is amazingly friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Perfect location for accessing restaurants and bars of Austin. Andrea at front desk greeted us upon check-in and set the stage for an incredible few days! Highly recommend this place...
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Theo
Very nice hotel. My conference was at the Four Seasons and the distance to the hotel was more than I ahd thought it would be. But the walk wasn't bad (in good weather) and many restaurants are close. The only surprise I had was that parking cost is $22 per day. I hadn't counted on it being thaty expensive.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your conference. We’re happy to hear you had a pleasant stay. Since parking spaces are extremely limited in the downtown area, we do charge for parking; however, our rates are competitive in pricing with all other downtown hotels. We hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Nice downtown hotel"
I haven't stayed at many Omni hotels in the past so I can't compare to others. But for a more high scale hotel, it was satisfactory. I was given a room on the executive floor which has it's own elevator and the rooms are upgraded with nicer finishes. The elevators are pretty slow, and there is one that doesn't even go to the higher floors which increased the wait time if that was the elevator called. They are extremely picky about you only having access to your floor and the lobby. I had friends staying on a different floor that I could not get to with my key card and they could not get to my floor. All the staff I encountered was very nice and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants, bars, the capitol, and 6th st. I would consider staying here again, but might try another hotel downtown first.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
staceyvb7
"Nice but only for business"
Hotel overall was good but it lacks the amenities for the price. During my stayed the hotel closed the only restaurant and bar for a an entire day and night for a private event. There was no warning or compensation for the inconvenience.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We appreciate you taking time to share feedback from your recent stay. We would like to extend our apologies for your inconvenience as a result of the large private event that occurred during your visit. Unfortunately, during this once a year event, we do close off the area for approximately 5 hours and reopen our normal food and beverage outlets to our guests following that timeframe. We hope you will consider returning in the future.
3 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
The Omni in Austin only has one restaurant and bar and they booked a huge gala the weekend we were there. Everything was dismantled and shut down...even the ATM! It was a football play off weekend and we were going to watch the afternoon game from the bar. the staff was just matter-a-fact about putting out all the paying guest. Plus when we tried getting back into the hotel (we went and watched the game at a sports bar) we had to go in a side door because all the gala guest were coming in the main entrance. The hotel was nice but I expected more than one bar and restaurant at a hotel of their caliber. We will try a different hotel next time we stay in Austin.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We thank you for your honest comments regarding your recent stay. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience as a result of the large private event that occurred during your visit. Unfortunately, during this once a year event, we do close off the facilities in the lobby area for approximately 5 hours and reopen our normal outlets to our guests following that time frame. In addition, we’re very sorry for the lack of empathy from our staff. We hope you will reconsider and return in the future.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Good business hotel"
We stayed at the hotel for one night. Good business hotel. Parking is free for hotel guests. Staff polite. Room comfortable. No complaints.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay. We must clarify one comment in regards to parking. We do charge $22 per night for self parking and $30 per night for valet parking. Our pricing is competitive with all other downtown hotels. We’re sorry for any miscommunication.
1 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2015
Tatiana
Staff was amazing and so friendly. Great location!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Staying in Austin Texas"
Friendly staff, beautiful glass building and nice bathroom to accommodate disabilities - chair and bars in shower.
Response by Omni Austin Hotel
We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay. Thank you for taking time to share your experience.
2 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
"Stay for the new year eve"
Excellent experience. The hotel staff went all the way to help. even changed our rooms because the first one was very noisy with the next door neighbors. They gave us a better room, sent cookies and goodies that night as a gift. very pleasant staff we will return to Omnis hotels for sure. We even signed in their "Loyalty program"
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Ariel
"Outstanding!"
Omni understands me! The experience from the moment I pulled up was outstanding! Hotel has everything you need. Will most definitely stay there again for business and pleasure.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Omar
"Omni Downtown Austin"
1 night stay... great location for our purposes. Good front desk service and on site parking
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great Austin location"
Great location. Stuff was very friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015