All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America

2.9
    2.3
    1.9
"A fat 80's nightmare"
It is in need of major repair, updating and maintenance. The water temp changed every five seconds from freezing to scalding. There were holes in the ceiling. The blankets were twenty to thirty years old with holes. The wallpaper was peeling. We were on the 10 th floor with screens or bars on the windows. The location was great. It was central to everything. It just needs a major overhaul.
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Joy
"Brutal..."
The host was a cool dude, but it was easily the worst hotel conditions I've ever stayed. Seems to have 80's amenities. With exception of a flat screen, lol. Carpet dingy. One free outlet which was in the bathroom, near the tub... Brutal conditions. But again, host was cool. Feel bad making the post bc he was a nice guy.
1 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2015
"Old, Dirty and Run-Down"
this location is great but everything else was awful. Our first room had paint peeling, dirty floors and stains. We were moved to a second room because the original room didn't have electricity for the TV or lamps. It also had an odd odor. our second room had a broken and drooping curtain rod, hair in the bed and bathroom and the cable stopped working the second day. although the staff was courteous I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, especially families. we tried to find another hotel but unfortunately for us everything was booked.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Could have been better."
The room was not very clean and did not get cleaned while we were there. (two nights). The front desk staff was excellent.
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"baseball and vacation"
Staff was very nice. Great location.The roof of the bathroom had water leaks and has not been clean for a long time. Closet you could not use. Everything is in need of update or repair.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
brian
"Outdated hotel"
I want to start by saying that, while I stay in many hotels, this is the first time that I have been compelled to write a negative review. That's how bad the Hotel Seattle was! It would be the understatement of the century to say that Hotel Seattle needs updating. Every aspect of the hotel communicates the following message: nobody cares about the maintenance or appearance of this hotel. Even the sign next to the entrance is missing letters. The wifi only works in the lobby, and there are no decorations whatsoever inside the room. The windows were dirty and the curtains didn't really block out light. Even worse was the state of the bathroom. There was no toilet paper holder and no hooks or bar to hang the towels on. The sink was barely attached to the wall, and every time I slightly leaned on it, it teetered. The ceiling above the shower was rusty. The only electrical outlet was basically inside the shower. The location of the hotel was great, but with all its problems, I would not recommend the hotel to anyone.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"Avoid and little more for better and peaceful stay"
Basic hotel with no/little amenities and old/stained carpets!
8 night business trip May 30, 2015
"don't stay here"
The location is the best thing about this hotel. The room was dirty, the bathroom was broken, wifi only in the lobby, unfriendly staff, one of whom tried to hit on us. The TV was outdated with only 4-5 channels working. Don't stay here if you can afford somewhere else. It needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt with new ownership.
6 night trip May 20, 2015
"Rundown, no hot water, no wifi, 5 channels"
Was going to try to stick it out even though the place looked like it was from the projects but had to leave when there was no hot water. Luckily, was moved to a nice, vacant room. If they had that available, why put people in a decrepit one?
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
bev
"Best location but not so good hotel ro menities."
It's location is perfect: right in downtown, close to light rail stop and to major attractions. The biggest problem was the bathroom. The counter sink is small you can't put anything on the sink. The water on the shower was hard to figure out the hot and cold. The temperature changed every minute. It goes to nice and warm then to cold then to super hot.
3 night trip May 21, 2015
Roland
"Not a "Family" Hotel"
The only redeeming quality of this hotel was location, price, and one friendly front desk clerk. This hotel needs a total renovation and is only one step up from a hostel (depending on the hostel you're comparing it to). But last night we were there, was yelling in the hall and someone pounding on the door at 3:00AM. The Front Desk Clerk working at the time said they had called the police, but the noise continued. Was a little bummed there wasn't any hair dryer or electrical outlets in the bathroom. There was no cable TV so time in the room was very quiet.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Hotel seem to be close soon"
Location is perfect - cleaning : very bad - room : very small - lift: very poor
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
Long
"keep searching, not worth it."
THERE IS ZERO PARKING, Don't stay here if you drive to Seattle because you have to pay $$$$$$$ to park. I left a day early because the Hotel was noisy at night because you HAD to have the window open. The window didn't have a screen so bugs flew in. The water pressure was a trickle, literally. My room want ready at the specified check in time & wasn't cleaned the next day until 3:30pm. Dont waste your money, for what I paid per night and parking I could have stayed in a much, much better quality hotel with amenities, like a fridge or even an ice machine. And a TV from this century. Location was good, walking distance to & from a lot but, again, I urge you to keep searching this hotel isn't worth the money. Seriously bugs flew in. .
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Old but good"
I always stay here, in the middle of the financial district, on frequent trips to Seattle. Modern it is not, but it is clean,the staff friendly, the price is the best, and meals at Bernard's downstairs a great value.
4 night business trip May 10, 2015
Arthur
"Good location, poor quality"
Luckily I just slept and showered here so it was ok, but there dosesnt seem to be much attention paid to the facility. Wallpaper peeling off walls, no plastic shower curtain, bad plumbing. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to be in the heart of downtown for cheap price.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Jackie
"Old, cheap, but good on a budget."
I had to find something cheap and within walking distance of the WA Convention Center. Which it was. Now, it is an old building so it does have it's creeks and squeaks. Everything was old, but in okay condition. The people at the front desk were very helpful. I honestly don't have high standards for hotels, but I do have a few things I cannot be okay with. Which includes: rats, mice, insects, human liquids and odors, and uncleanliness. Of which, this hotel passed all of them! So, for downtown and under $100, I say I would go back If I was on a budget.
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Stazia
"You get what you pay for"
Our stay was comfortable and overall experience was good. It was extremely old and wasn't very modern. Didn't have some of the commidies mentioned like cable tv, or enough outlets.
2 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
This hotel is old and worn. It is clean, however, and the desk staff is responsive and friendly, and the maid service is above average. For value and location, Hotel Seattle cannot be beat. And the convenient Bernard's Restaurant downstairs cannot be beat for good food and service at better than reasonable prices. I'll be staying there again soon.
4 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Disappointing hotel"
Was expecting much more than what was delivered. -Hotel said they had wifi - they only had wifi in the lobby (how inconvenient) -Hotel said they had cable - no cable in my room -Remote control didn't work to operate the TV -Toilet paper holder was ripped from the wall -Bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke -Heater didn't turn on until the hotel turned it on for everyone, so I froze in my room until about 9 pm -Curtains were thin, so you could still see out and presumably people could see in -Check-in and check-out staff were nice
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"Never will stay at this hotel again"
The elevator was noisy all night.. Could not get a good rest, it was overall dirty !!!
"A cheap hotel to stay away from"
The only reason I chose to stay at this hotel was because it was the cheapest in the neighborhood, should have taken the Marriot which was just 20 bucks more. While entering the hotel gave me a creepy experience, w/ no wifi in the room and not even a stand for the toilet paper - easily the worst place i have stayed the night. Was just looking to the check out time. The common places were the dirtiest i have seen. Would tend to stay away if i can.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"What were you expecting?"
Not a place you would bring your wife, but a good place to go if your wife kicks you out of the house.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN"
this place dos not rate a star
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Bruce N.
"Surprising for this location"
Good location and a nice front desk person but hotel is such a dump it was comical.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Good Value"
This is an old hotel, and it shows, but the price is good. The one elevator works reliably, the lobby where free wifi is available is comfortable, and the lobby staff is friendly. A major complaint is that there is not one shelf or hook in the bathroom. Despite that and little things that are worn, the rooms are clean, the location is central, and generous portions of good food at good prices are to be had downstairs at Bernard's. I'll be returning to Hotel Seattle & Bernard's.
3 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"An ok place to sleep"
This is a very old hotel and as long as you are only staying here to sleep, it is ok. You get what you pay for in downtown Seattle. This was a cheap place to stay and all I was looking for.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
It was pretty cruddy but cheap. About 4 tv chanels. No plug for the bathtub.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"worst hotel in Washington"
There was no coffee maker, no hair dryer, no control of the heat, no cable TV, internet only worked in the lobby, the bed was like a cot and it looked and felt like something from before my time that had never once remodeled. The employees were rude, uninviting and too nosey. I'll never stay there again
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"location, location."
The hotel is in a good location- nearby our social destination for the evening. However, there are very few good parking options nearby for overnight- the hotel is not affiliated with any garages and we ended up spending a lot to park. Added substantially to our thrifty hotel bill. The hotel was clean, but the room amenities were sparse. If you are just sleeping overnight it fits the bill. Don't expect much more.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Suzanne
"You get what you paid"
Cheap great location... you get what you paid... I would do it again...
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Mauricio M
"Friendly staff, rundown building"
I feel bad saying anything negative, especially since the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but I would not stay here again. Maybe I'm overparticular, but I wished I had shelled out a little more for something less rundown. Granted it mostly did the job as a cheap place near the train station that I could crash at for a few hours after a concert before catching a train early the next morning. However, the bed was so gross I didn't even take my clothes off, and didn't really sleep. The walls and ceiling and floor are in a serious state of disrepair, especially in the bathroom. Bad enough that I decided to forgo using the shower. And not that I saw any evidence, but I felt compelled to place my closed bag on top of the TV hutch to prevent any unwanted passengers crawling in and coming home with me. Perhaps that's not fair since I never saw or felt any bites, but I couldn't help thinking it very possible with the overall condition of the building and bed. Again, I don't like talking this place down. The cleaning staff does the best it can with what it has to work with. And the place doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is: a cheap, old, conveniently located, rundown hotel. Perhaps this is all you're looking for, but if you think you might be as particular as me, you might want to consider your options if you can afford something else.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
persnicketypete
"Good enough."
Went to Seattle to watch my favorite football team play the Seahawks. Hotel was about eight blocks from the stadium and in a very safe and clean part of downtown Seattle. Went to Seattle with my Dad. Would not bring my wife to this hotel. A very old hotel. T.V. only had five channels and only two useful ones (NBC and ESPN). Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"It's nothing fancy, but perfectly fine"
It's nothing fancy, but perfectly fine. It has an old timey feel. The bed was comfortable, but everything is a bit worn. Good location and price.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Decent"
The place has a lot of charm, was worth the price (compared to the exhorbitant cost of nearby downtown hotels). Amenities were few: the ice machine was broken, so the front desk clerk had to take your ice bucket downstairs to the restaurant for ice. The water temperature of the shower was unreliable (but serviceable). And: the television only offered about seven stations, none of them popular (I think I got NBC, MSNBC, and FX). But it was clean and comfortable enough.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Worst Night's Sleep Ever"
I would not recommend the Hotel Seattle. I booked for two nights because it was in walking distance to the conference center. The room did not feel secure with old fashioned locks and wooden door that could easily be broken into. The room was in disrepair with holes in the walls, carpet coming up, wall paper falling, a broken tv. It was so bad that it was almost laughable to think they would have had ammenities like hair dryer, ironing board or coffee or breakfast -- they had none of those. Thankfully a review from hotels.com tipped off there would be no hair dryer so I brought one but I never imagine such a gross room. The outlet for the hair dryer had a hold next to the shower so I was afraid I would get electrocuted. The outlets were few and used so I was scared to plug in my computer. There was construction all night long so I barely slept a wink. I sadly paid for the second night and begged a co-worker to let me bunk with them in their second double bed at the Sheraton, where I slept wonderfully. I wish I could get a refund on principle.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
Shannon
"Couldn't wait to check out"
Haven't updated this since the early 70s. The whole hotel was in poor condition with wallpaper coming off the wall, old furniture, and extremely dirty carpet. Would definitely not stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"Account Executive"
Terrible I didn't even stay the second night.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
Glen
"Do NOT book this property!"
I am a very simple person when it comes to most things- hotel rooms being one of them. A clean room and bathroom are basic requirements and at this place not even those were met. I pre-paid and my reservation was non-refundable, and that didn't stop me from leaving the hotel 20 minutes after I checked in to find an acceptable place. The wall paper in the bathroom was peeling from the floor up and I didn't look closely but could imagine the wood below was likely wet. The light fixture over the shower was cracked and a piece actually broken off. The room smelled musty/stale and might not have been as bad if the window had a screen it in and the window could be kept opened safely. The carpet was badly stained through the entire room and the corner between the side table and wall had significant dust/dirt accumulation. TV made a buzzing sound on each channel, but that was the least of my concerns. With all that was visibly dirty and not kept up I didn't dare lift the comforter to look at the sheets. I sat on the night stand to search for a new hotel and luckily the Paramount had a room for the night and luckily it was close enough to just walk there. This property needs serious updating, cleaning and continuous maintenance. The girl behind the desk was very nice but when I left and said I couldn't stay here for my 2 nights she failed to ask why. Didn't really matter to her/the management it seems.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Eletta
"Old building in need of major refurbish"
Old but in a great location - DOn't take your children to this place
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Great price for the location!"
In downtown Seattle, you would expect to spend 2 or 3 times as much as Hotel Seattle charges! It was our second time there, and we will be back.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
"Good place, if you don't mind nasty carpet"
The staff was great when I checked in the first night. It was the dirtiest hotel room I've ever seen in a developed country. The location was extremely convenient, right by the University lightrail station. As an English teacher, we called that a "compliment sandwich" and it's all true.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"Worst shower ever!"
The room carpet and the furniture were very dirty but the worst part of my stay in this hotel was the shower since you I was unable to control the water temperature, it would go from scalding hot to cold without me touching the knob!
2 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Betty
Booked this motel bcuz the photos made it look really nice. Needless to say when we got to the motel we check in and were told we had to park at a parking garage 2 blocks away (that was another extra added expense we didn't expect) then we ride a outdated elevator up 8 floors to our room that was even worse then expected. Bedding and tv looked like something from my great grandmas house no ac no screens on windows poor lighting and reeked of stail cigarette smoke
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Dallas
"Bad Hotel"
1. Noisy 2. Window cannot be closed 3. Many things need to be updated
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
"For the location could be awesome place!!!"
Pros. Nice location. Cons. Totally outdated. Needs update in everything. I mean everything!!! And the funny thing is that a lot of people used it due to location... Why not have better accomodations for clients. Why not make a space in lobby for wifi users. The ice machine. Make it work!! Plastic covers for the shower curtains, so no water runs out. Its details that makes the place much much better.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Larissa
"Great for busy tourists"
This hotel is great for busy tourists because it's close to all of the Seattle attractions and affordable too!!!
3 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Kristie
"So not nice!"
I thought the location was the only good thing going for the hotel! I will never staythere again or reffer anyone else there. Not clean and no updates in quite a few decades.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
MGM
If that was a pet hotel I would not let my dog stay there!
4 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Tony
"Great location for the price"
Hotel is very old and run down. Definitely needs some maintenance. Nothing looks like it's been updated since it was built. The location is fantastic.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
Kelsey
"Save some money and stay here"
The reviews are pretty accurate. It is old and has stained floors But it had a clean bathroom and linens. So save yourself a $100 to $200 dollars a day and spent it at the Pike place market by getting some crab and salmon gift boxes shipped home. I rate it a 3 because it is safe and clean. It is in a decent and safe location. The locks on the door work and nothing is going to fall on your head while you are sleeping. The bathroom is very clean and the sheets were the same. The furniture on the other hand looked really old and used. Throw a few clean towels over the chair if it bothers you and wear a pair of socks to walk around if the stains on the old carpet bother you. It was worth it for me. The staff was really nice. Thank you Expedia for running a great company that lets me book an affordable room so fast and easily with the app. 15 years ago It would have taken me hours to try and figure out the best stay.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014