All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America

2.6
    2.9
    2.3
    1.9
"Value deep in the heart of Seattle downtown"
This was a fantastic hotel. We came into town for PAX. It was only 4/5 blocks away from the main convention hall. It was an easy walk to the hotel and back. We were able to book for half the cost of the hotels right next to the convention center. The room was very cozy and clean. It is a half a block from the light rail, 3rd and seneca.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Russ
"Had what we needed."
Perfect location. Close to the light rail so we could go straight to the airport. Close to attractions. Hotel is old but clean. I would stay again. Just for the location.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Vintage. Wonderful ambiance. Classic."
We did not get the queen bed that was reserved. We got a double bed. It was kinda tight. The front desk clerk was rather abrupt when we were asking about parking. H-o-w-e-v-e-r, the room was scrubbed spotless. The linens immaculate. The room appointments are vintage, comfortable, and simple. The building is sturdily built from another era so there were n-o- disturbances and fabulously quiet. The restaurant in the basement was excellent and convienient for early morning coffees and evening drinks. We also ate 2 late lunches there and the food was very good. The location is in the center of all things urban and 2 blocks from the mass transit. If I can ever get back to Seattle, I hope the Hotel Seattle is still there and as nice as this time.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Mrs.Young
Pros-Great location,cheap for the area. Cons-no parking lot you have to find a parking lot which is about $40 a night.The room had no ac and the window had no screen. There was no wifi. There where holes in the shower curtain. The keys where not electronic so you could only have one. Do yourself a favor either spend more and get a decent hotel or if you just want a place to sleep there are hostels in the same neighborhood for half the price.
5 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"great location if you don't mind bed bugs"
it was very conveniently located, 4 blocks up from the waterfront, restaurants, Pike market and other tourist attractions. It was much less pricey than others in the neighborhood. Hotel is very old and not well maintained. And then came the bed bugs... which erased half of the favorable impression because I have to deal with them after the trip. So enter at your own risk.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Bates hotel Nightmare"
awful. should not be on hotel.com website. Sink came off wall. Wall paper peeled back. window open on 4th floor no screen. Carpets sooooo dirty had to keep shoes on. TV did not work. Hotel clerk very rude not helpful. someone was in our room when we were gone during day Items missing from room. The hotel clerk not interested in our concern. Very strange place.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
MC Robinson
I have stayed in better places. Restaurant is not good and not easily accessible. No air conditioning --lucky for me it was not hot during my stay. Outlets did not work. Bathroom was clean but wall needed repairs and toilette was not appropriately secured to the wall.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Hazel
"overnight stay"
it was very basic, but we got a good nughts sleep. The person at the desk was very nice. You don't need a coffee pot in the room when you have a starbucks below. I just wish the ice machine was working.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
robert buhl
"Nastiness hotel"
The room was dirty and bathroom was disgusting
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
"Good for the price"
An alright hotel considering it is half the price of nearby hotels. Some cleanliness issues with sheets and towels. The shower heads being upgraded would be one simple yet effective way to improve the hotel. Staff was friendly with one exception.
3 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Terrible"
I would not recommend this hotel unless your camping. No air conditioning, room on 8th floor with no screens. Room from 1950 furnishings. 20" TV 25' from the bed. Asked if I could get a different room and was told they could not help me. Pre paid for two nights checked out after first night. Thought I was ripped off. Worst hotel I ever stayed in!
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Convenient to Bus Stops"
I was skeptical about this hotel from reading previous reviews. Although the hotel is older, you can see that an attempt is being made to upgrade the bathrooms. The TV only has 5 channels. The beds were comfortable and there were no bugs or night critters seen. There's no A/C, but the cool night summer air kept you comfortable. The bus stops around the corner was very convenient for my meetings as well as taking me to the lake for an evening out. I believe that the hotel has a ways to go to meet most comfort standards, but for a two-night stay, this hotel met my needs.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Business Traveler
"No complaints"
I had a conference at the Westin and I wasn't going to pay their rates. Hotel Seattle was a half mile walk down the street. It is also less than a block from the light rail. If a country boy like me can find my way around it shouldn't be hard for city folk to navigate. Yes, one electrical socket in the room didn't work and they only had an iron, but no ironing board. Nevertheless, I survived.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Kind of old"
The best points about the hotel are that it is close to downtown and it is clean and the staff is nice. The negatives are the carpet is orange shag that is matted down with age. It has no air conditioning so we tried to sleep with the windows open but that wasn't a good idea on a Friday night in Seattle. Very noisy outside all night long! The curtains are missing the clips that connect to the rod so they sag down. I wouldn't stay more than one night here but it is one of the cheapest downtown hotels. We're no worse for the wear and we're having a good laugh about it now!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
CO
"You get what you pay for"
Old hotel, Very conveniently located, a bit shabby. No a/c, open windows, noisy. Helpful staff.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
business t
"This hotel does not have A/C"
Not so good if you travel in summer. Also, there are only 3 channels on TV that are working (ESPN, USA and This). The room is clean but for the price I paid ($167/nt, tax included), I expect to get a bit more. Marriott at Pioneer Square only charges $205/nt tax.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
SoloTraveler
"One affordable exception in the middle of downtown"
Yes the hotel is old and no frills but the rooms are clean and where else can you stay in the middle of downtown seattle for about 100 a night? I spent three nights there. Staff was helpful, room was Ok. Most of our time was out sightseeing anyways.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
D
A no frills hotel is just fine, but it needs to be clean, and this place wasn't. There were stains on the sheets, holes in the blankets, and marks all over the bathroom floor. Not acceptable.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Don't Stay Here"
The hotel was dingy and run down. There is no air conditioning in the rooms. There are no screens on the windows. The area is noisy at night. The bathroom sink was falling from the wall. The Wi-Fi is only in the lobby. We did not feel comfortable in the room. If we had not paid in advance, we would have left and found something else. I would have rather set up a tent and camped then stayed in that room.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"An Anachronistic Experience"
This would have been a pretty great hotel in the '80s. And I mean that as in there's been no maintenance since then. Which is good in a way, or it would be much more expensive.
6 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2014
Edgar
"Convenient to downtown and light rail, but old..."
Stayed at the Seattle hotel for a conference. The hotel is pretty old and in serious need of upgrades but is easily accessible from SeaTac using light rail. The carpeting throughout is grimy, the window curtains are so thin that you can see through them and the bathroom has not a single shelf to put anything on. Also no place to keep your suitcase on, so the floor was the only option. No wireless internet in the rooms only in the lobby. Not even any (working) outlets so ended up running an extension cord across the room to power up my laptop. The staff is helpful but clearly has no dress code to adhere to.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"No air conditioning; most uncomfortable hotel stay"
Room burning hot during the day; but pleasant at night as the weather changed. The housekeeping staff was excellent. Don't remember if the website mentioned the fact that the hotel did not contain air conditioning; but it should. Since it didn't we were never able to enjoy any of the amenities of the hotel during the day due to the discomfort.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Jimmy
"YOU CAN DO BETTER"
I can't believe we paid as much as we did for this (could be better). When we got there the window was wide open with no screen and no blinds or shades. The remote to the TV was broken and when we got the TV to work manually we could only get maybe 4 or 5 stations (and those were snowy). The sink in the bathroom leaked and there was water on the floor. The next day we went to get breakfast at the restaurant and were told "Oh, sorry, they won't be open for breakfast today because they are short-handed but they will be open for lunch". When we asked where we might be able to get breakfast the clerk told us we should probably try one of the other hotels around.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Char
"Old Rundown Cheap Hotel Downtown"
Reviews are accurate. This is an old hotel right in downtown Seattle. The bed and bathroom was clean, enough for a night sleep. No AC, have to sleep with windows open. Old dirty carpet and chairs, you even get an actual key to your room. Get past the aesthetics it's a bed to sleep. I wouldn't pay or recommend to others.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Alan
"Location Location Location"
Well, aside from the location, not much positive to say about this property. No room A/C, no in room wireless, and no working television! On the other hand, the door jams work well as bottle openers.
5 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"No frills"
I just needed a clean place to stay that was in the heart of Downtown and this fit the bill. Definitely not much in the way of amenities but I didn't mind. Steps away from light rail and about ten minute walk to Pike Place Market. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Nikki
"Budget housing close to the heart of Seattle"
Only a half block from the Light Rail to the airport with dozens of quality restaurants within a few blocks, including a Starbucks next door and their own downstairs (cheapest and largest breakfast we found!). Staff was very helpful by answering questions on local eateries, post office, drug store, sights, etc. Might not be the best choice for someone who just wants to sit in their room and watch TV, but great for a guest who just wants a good night sleep and a hot shower.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Not a great hotel"
This hotel offers the very basics. Good for one night stay for a single person. Definitely not good for a family.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Seattle Explorer
"Brewery, baseball game, bar, go home."
Got to seattle by train at noon from portland, walked to hotel(15 mins), room wasn't ready till 2 like the site said but they front desk guy let us leave our bags. Went to Georgetown brewery, $15 cab ride. Got back at 3, room was ready(elevator was kinda older but worked fine), room was clean, bedding clean, a/c worked, and the rollaway bed I requested in the room already. Went to the baseball game, 15 minute walk. Finished game and went to the room to shower, went out for the night, came back to sleep, woke up(Wakeup call was exactly the right time) and checked out which was quick. Walked to the train and came home. The hotel served it's exact purpose. To sleep. Could've spent twice as much somewhere else, but it was clean and close to the train station, so it was perfect for two guys in town for the night to catch a ball game and hit up someplaces to drink.
1 night trip with friends Jun 24, 2014
Cole
"Old and dirty"
This was a central location for sightseeing, but the hotel itself was run down and dirty.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2014
"So so"
Apart from the convenience of the location and the comparative cost, it was a poor hotel. Basic amenities were motel to hostel standard, but definitely not hotel! An apt description would be utilitarian, but definitely NOT a romantic getaway hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
Emeka
Only 5 channels that work on the tv at night. In the morning the tv is blacked out. Ice is outside in a restaurant. Parking is a block away.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Downtown Seattle Hotel"
Location was great. However, the hotel was disappointing and the staff was not very friendly. No place to store bathroom necessities - such as toothbrush, saving equipment, or the bathroom items my wife used in the bathroom. Share was decent and overall the place was pretty clean though some of the blankets, etc. seem pretty used. My wife complained of a musty smell in the room.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"It' a good place to sleep"
If all you need is a place to sleep…this is the place. NO FRILLS. Not dirty but nothing fancy. Wall paper peeling, no wifi in rooms. It's just a notch above a hostel.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Doc
"You get what you pay for"
This is a simple, no frills hotel for a very reasonable price in downtown Seattle. You don't have all the luxury "extras" that you'd get at a hotel that charges two to four times as much per night, but you get a decent bed and clean room. Yes, it is old. Yes, the rooms are small. Yes, the elevator is slow. Decide what you want: if it's brand new facilities and a robe, go to one of those other places. If it's a decent, older place to stay that won't break the bank, then stay at Hotel Seattle. Only had interaction with staff at check-in and check-out, but they were both friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Stephen
"Location, location, location."
The hotel is old and not getting any younger. If you want 5 - Star facilities this isn't it. If you want to be a few blocks from the wharf, Pikes, the Space Needle, stadiums, and places to eat then this is it. The staff was nice, housekeeping was OK, no coffee in the rooms or fitness room. However, a short walk up and down the hills just out the door will take care of both. Price is right, location is great, just don't expect something they are not. We have stayed there twice and will likely stay again.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Kenny
"I would recommend terhis hotel."
The lobby and elevator made me wonder what the room would look like. It was surprisingly clean and cozy. It was a little cool for me, but a blanket was supplied. The staff was friendly and the location was excellent. The Market, Hard Rock and other shops were within easy walking distance. I would return to this hotel.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
dianna
Bate hotel from the movie syco
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Cynthia
"If only there was a 0 on the scale..."
This was the most ridiculous experience I've ever had for accommodations. I've stayed at much better hostels in developing countries for under $20 a night...not only are the rooms as bad as other reviews already state, though the attendants were worst.." all our rooms are dirty, that's why were cheaper than the others" This was what the front desk person said when I asked if they had other rooms. I could go on though I would highly recommend going the the Alyssa or Vintage were we ended up and asking if they could match $170 a night...They did for us and would probably do it again if they have a room open!
2 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Christopher
"Great location; better than a flophouse"
Hotel Seattle has a wonderful location, right in the center of the City. And it's half the price of the competition -- even with a discounted room. That said, it's pretty basic. Double bed. Tiny desk. No wifi except in the lobby. No AC, so you need to leave a window open for ventilation. The staff, both day and night, were nice and did what they could. My window was stuck. I reefed on it and it would not budget. They sent in a tiny Asian housekeeper, and she talked it open.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"Peeling wallpaper, mold, hard bed, smelly room !"
Awful - wouldn't go back on a bet. There are no words to describe how bad it was.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Renee
"Horrible Hotel"
1st of all, I got to the hotel late, the area was full of transient people (scary). when I got in the room, rug was filthy, bed spread was dirty. I got on line and booked another hotel with Expedia. I lost money but I would not submit myself to a garbage room.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2014
Bruce L
"Hotel with central location"
Hotel was centrally located but that's about it. it had dirty carpets it had only three or four TV channels it had no ice it had no hair dryer it was really not a very good room for the money.and WiFi only worked in the lobby.
Other trip May 26, 2014
bill
"Great location-marginal hotel"
Staff were exceptionally solicitous and helpful but this place is old and run-down. Shower water pressure just a trickle. Don't bring your wife here! She will be unhappy.
1 night trip May 13, 2014
Conrad Casser
I didn't like the fact that there was no cold water. I couldn't take a shower. I also thought that $165.00 for one night, was too pricey.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
Christian
"One night stay"
If you just need to spend one night then this is the place for you. I would not recommend for extended day.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Awful, discusting"
Old, old, old, No air conditioning and window wouldn't open, ice machine was broken but we could go down the road and purchase some ice per hotel front desk, we asked to get a room with a frig per the internet pictures and amenities for this hotel and the front desk person told us to not believe everything posted on the internet they had no rooms with that??, no coffee maker, no refrigerator, no hair dryer, carpet was discusting, towels were like sand paper, a chunk of toilet paper was in the panelling to block the hole in the wall, tv got 4 Chanel's and came in fuzzy, we thought we would get bed bugs, the elevator sounded like it was gonna break down and we heard it in our room as it was in use. We paid 121. 81 for one night, a total rip off!! I have never stayed in a more discusting hotel and never will come back!! I can't believe expedia even offers this hotel.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Jodi
"Old, Tired Hotel"
Realized that with the advertised 3-star rating, things wouldn't be top of the line. I can get by with just the essentials which I expected would be provided. Good Stuff: Clean; surprisingly comfortable bed. Great location for my needs. Not So Good Stuff: Hotel is old, tired, and shows the wear & tear of the years. I arrived to be told the hot water had gone out but someone was working on it. Wasn't critical to me until the next morning, but it still wasn't fixed. Cold water showers & shaving are no fun. Heat is steam radiators that started clanking in the middle of the night. Also got too hot. Wasn't sure how to control the temperature. Had to get up and open a window. Overall I was disappointed and wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip May 1, 2014
Ranger
"2 Stars at Best"
The good - The room (other than the rug) was very clean and the guy during the day was really excellent and helpful. The location is excellent. The BAD: This place needs a makeover very much... Rug was filthy.. Paper was pealing off of the wall... Couldn't use bathroom sink because it wasn't connected to anything and kept coming out of the wall. If you tried to use it at all, it floods the bathroom. No heat... The place was blessed frozen at night.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"oldie"
way over priced! I thought I was getting a deal and extra charges were added to the listed price of the room. a 20% bump!
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014