All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America

Poor vibe
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Bad amenities
"Way over priced and in need of a remodel"
This old hotel has so many issues. Way over priced for what you get. Everything in the room was old and peeling wallpaper everywhere. The bathroom power source was fried...my advise is don't do it....
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Delbert
"Terrible place"
Everything about this hotel was dirty and disgusting. I can't believe I paid $150 for a night. No screens on windows so watch your kids! Man who was in when we checked in and out was very sweet.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
missbinks
"Old, Dirty and Run-Down"
this location is great but everything else was awful. Our first room had paint peeling, dirty floors and stains. We were moved to a second room because the original room didn't have electricity for the TV or lamps. It also had an odd odor. our second room had a broken and drooping curtain rod, hair in the bed and bathroom and the cable stopped working the second day. although the staff was courteous I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, especially families. we tried to find another hotel but unfortunately for us everything was booked.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"good location"
staff helpful, unkept hotel, poor conditions, dirty carpets, no air conditioners, no usable outlets, beds were clean.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
De
"Could have been better."
The room was not very clean and did not get cleaned while we were there. (two nights). The front desk staff was excellent.
2 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
"baseball and vacation"
Staff was very nice. Great location.The roof of the bathroom had water leaks and has not been clean for a long time. Closet you could not use. Everything is in need of update or repair.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
brian
"Fine if you're looking to save money"
I booked this hotel because I was in town for a conference and it was by far the cheapest hotel I could find that was walking distance from the convention center. It was fine for that. The room certainly wasn't fancy and it had a couple of issues, like some outlets that didn't work, and no drain plug in the bathtub. But the bed was plenty comfortable and I hardly did anything in the room other than sleep and shower- never even turned the TV on. For that kind of traveler its a good option.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
Robin
"Condemn and very expensive for that dirty hotel"
The room is old, dirty and need a lot of improvements in everything. Big disappointed in staying and your company should investigate the place before you send the customers to stay in the Dumb hotel like that
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Great location, but hotel is very tired."
Stayed one night, visied Vancouver for two nights and came back for another night at Hotel Seattle. The last room was worst than the first. The towel rack was hanging on the door, wall paper near radiator peeling, bed linens old and rollaway bed mattress so old it had no padding atop the springs.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"HOTEL HELL"
We made our reservations back in Feb 2015..2 rooms and for 3 nights.Trip of a Life Time...Cruise to Alaska....saving for over a year... we were assured that we can get a early check in for our 2 rooms by noon. Prepaid for the rooms. 1. Only one of our rooms were ready at noon....so we dealt with that dropped off all of our luggage 4 adults and went sight seeing. came back and the room was still not ready till 4pm 2. T.V. did not work. Turned it in to the front desk and they said they will check it out. Came back and T.V. still did not work so we went down stairs and they said it was the satellite. Went back and investigated and came to find out the cable was ripped out of the wall and not even hooked up. So they did not even check it out (they lied) 3. went down stairs to get ice and the ice machine was out of order and was informed it has not worked in almost a year. Then they told me i had to go down this stairwell to a bar in the basement and get my own ice. It was scary and stunk. The bar was stinky as well 4. Went to the vending machine to get a snack and it was empty. 5. Last straw. Pulled back the bed covers and there was blood on the sheets. I went down stairs and informed the front desk and they handed me some sheets and told me i had to make my own bed. I told her I will not and i demanded a new room. They gave us a new room and the only difference was that the sheets were clean.. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT HOTEL HELL. Up side great location
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Darla
"Great location, but not renovated in decades."
Room was clean with exception of stains in the carpet. Bed linens were washed, but if you insist on staying here, bring your own sheets. If I was traveling by myself I would stay there again, but not with my family.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Outdated hotel"
I want to start by saying that, while I stay in many hotels, this is the first time that I have been compelled to write a negative review. That's how bad the Hotel Seattle was! It would be the understatement of the century to say that Hotel Seattle needs updating. Every aspect of the hotel communicates the following message: nobody cares about the maintenance or appearance of this hotel. Even the sign next to the entrance is missing letters. The wifi only works in the lobby, and there are no decorations whatsoever inside the room. The windows were dirty and the curtains didn't really block out light. Even worse was the state of the bathroom. There was no toilet paper holder and no hooks or bar to hang the towels on. The sink was barely attached to the wall, and every time I slightly leaned on it, it teetered. The ceiling above the shower was rusty. The only electrical outlet was basically inside the shower. The location of the hotel was great, but with all its problems, I would not recommend the hotel to anyone.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"Avoid and little more for better and peaceful stay"
Basic hotel with no/little amenities and old/stained carpets!
8 night business trip May 30, 2015
"hotel is in serious disrepair."
horrible experience as the hotel is not worth the money
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
vicki
"Stay somewhere else!"
Got to the hotel a little after 3pm to check in like it said to do. The room wasn't ready till a little after 5pm.Hotel staff didn't seem to care and wasn't in a rush to help us or the 3 other groups that had to wait too. There is only wifi in the lobby and forget the cable tv. Only 3 channels to watch 2 of which were snowy/static. Beds and linens super old and the carpet was stained and pulling up from the floor. This place is not worth the price I paid for 1 night.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
"Shabby"
The room had a filthy rug, and a white powder substance lining the baseboard behind the bed. This made me uneasy, as it is a method for discouraging certain crawling insects.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
linda
"don't stay here"
The location is the best thing about this hotel. The room was dirty, the bathroom was broken, wifi only in the lobby, unfriendly staff, one of whom tried to hit on us. The TV was outdated with only 4-5 channels working. Don't stay here if you can afford somewhere else. It needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt with new ownership.
6 night trip May 20, 2015
"Rundown, no hot water, no wifi, 5 channels"
Was going to try to stick it out even though the place looked like it was from the projects but had to leave when there was no hot water. Luckily, was moved to a nice, vacant room. If they had that available, why put people in a decrepit one?
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
bev
"Best location but not so good hotel ro menities."
It's location is perfect: right in downtown, close to light rail stop and to major attractions. The biggest problem was the bathroom. The counter sink is small you can't put anything on the sink. The water on the shower was hard to figure out the hot and cold. The temperature changed every minute. It goes to nice and warm then to cold then to super hot.
3 night trip May 21, 2015
Roland
"Not a "Family" Hotel"
The only redeeming quality of this hotel was location, price, and one friendly front desk clerk. This hotel needs a total renovation and is only one step up from a hostel (depending on the hostel you're comparing it to). But last night we were there, was yelling in the hall and someone pounding on the door at 3:00AM. The Front Desk Clerk working at the time said they had called the police, but the noise continued. Was a little bummed there wasn't any hair dryer or electrical outlets in the bathroom. There was no cable TV so time in the room was very quiet.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"This place needs to be cleaned up and updated."
We arrived to the hotel for one night(thankfully). The rooms are bare minimum. The wallpaper is pealing, the rugs are worn out, the tv's we're not able to be plugged in. The only good part was the man who was at the front desk, he was pleasant and helpful about the area.
Other trip May 24, 2015
cookie
"Location great"
Needs facelift Dated. No internet in rooms. Carpets ancient.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Hotel seem to be close soon"
Location is perfect - cleaning : very bad - room : very small - lift: very poor
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
Long
"keep searching, not worth it."
THERE IS ZERO PARKING, Don't stay here if you drive to Seattle because you have to pay $$$$$$$ to park. I left a day early because the Hotel was noisy at night because you HAD to have the window open. The window didn't have a screen so bugs flew in. The water pressure was a trickle, literally. My room want ready at the specified check in time & wasn't cleaned the next day until 3:30pm. Dont waste your money, for what I paid per night and parking I could have stayed in a much, much better quality hotel with amenities, like a fridge or even an ice machine. And a TV from this century. Location was good, walking distance to & from a lot but, again, I urge you to keep searching this hotel isn't worth the money. Seriously bugs flew in. .
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
This hotel has a great location which is the main reason to stay here (i.e given the low comparative price). It is short on amenities, hasn't been upgraded in years, but clean.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Old but good"
I always stay here, in the middle of the financial district, on frequent trips to Seattle. Modern it is not, but it is clean,the staff friendly, the price is the best, and meals at Bernard's downstairs a great value.
4 night business trip May 10, 2015
"Convenient Location"
This hotel is very close to the light rail link station at University. It was a little run down but was nice in its day. Next door is Bernard's a great place for breakfast. We missed our flight and they would not let us cancel one of 3 nights books so I only stayed one night. They did try to make up by giving us a suite but were unbending about the cancellation.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Al
This hotel is located in a beautiful area. Its two blocks from the light rail train from the airport. Next door to a really nice starbucks. Pikes Place Market is about a 4 block walk. There are tons of shopping and restaurants near by. Its a great location. The hotel is nothing fancy, but for the price, its well worth it. I would stay here again if in the city. There is no wifi in the rooms, only the lobby. But again, for the price and location, its worth it. If you are looking for something like the Marriott, this is not for you.
Other trip May 14, 2015
nica
"Will Never Stay Here again"
I had called twice to confirm that my 2 rooms wee booked on the same floor. Upon check in the male attendant was beyond rude and unpleasant. He said they were sold out due to a baseball game and could not accommodate us. I was beyond angry and asked him to call the manager I had spoke with. He then was able to help us by switching other rooms, but his attitude from the moment we walked in to the time we left was less than desirable and I have never been treated so rudely at a hotel. The rooms were not just old, as I have stayed at plenty of older hotels, they were falling apart. Plaster falling from the ceiling into suitcase. We were booked on the 8th floor and elevator broke down twice in my less than 24 hour stay.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Becky
"Good location, poor quality"
Luckily I just slept and showered here so it was ok, but there dosesnt seem to be much attention paid to the facility. Wallpaper peeling off walls, no plastic shower curtain, bad plumbing. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to be in the heart of downtown for cheap price.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Jackie
"Old, cheap, but good on a budget."
I had to find something cheap and within walking distance of the WA Convention Center. Which it was. Now, it is an old building so it does have it's creeks and squeaks. Everything was old, but in okay condition. The people at the front desk were very helpful. I honestly don't have high standards for hotels, but I do have a few things I cannot be okay with. Which includes: rats, mice, insects, human liquids and odors, and uncleanliness. Of which, this hotel passed all of them! So, for downtown and under $100, I say I would go back If I was on a budget.
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
Stazia
"You get what you pay for"
Our stay was comfortable and overall experience was good. It was extremely old and wasn't very modern. Didn't have some of the commidies mentioned like cable tv, or enough outlets.
2 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
This hotel is old and worn. It is clean, however, and the desk staff is responsive and friendly, and the maid service is above average. For value and location, Hotel Seattle cannot be beat. And the convenient Bernard's Restaurant downstairs cannot be beat for good food and service at better than reasonable prices. I'll be staying there again soon.
4 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Worst hotel ever"
It was horrible. I want my money back. The room was disgusting, hair everywhere, no hot water, no wifi, the TV was broken, and no screens on the windows. I could have walked out my 8th floor room to my death.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Curtis
"Disappointing hotel"
Was expecting much more than what was delivered. -Hotel said they had wifi - they only had wifi in the lobby (how inconvenient) -Hotel said they had cable - no cable in my room -Remote control didn't work to operate the TV -Toilet paper holder was ripped from the wall -Bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke -Heater didn't turn on until the hotel turned it on for everyone, so I froze in my room until about 9 pm -Curtains were thin, so you could still see out and presumably people could see in -Check-in and check-out staff were nice
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"Never will stay at this hotel again"
The elevator was noisy all night.. Could not get a good rest, it was overall dirty !!!
"A cheap hotel to stay away from"
The only reason I chose to stay at this hotel was because it was the cheapest in the neighborhood, should have taken the Marriot which was just 20 bucks more. While entering the hotel gave me a creepy experience, w/ no wifi in the room and not even a stand for the toilet paper - easily the worst place i have stayed the night. Was just looking to the check out time. The common places were the dirtiest i have seen. Would tend to stay away if i can.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"What were you expecting?"
Not a place you would bring your wife, but a good place to go if your wife kicks you out of the house.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN"
this place dos not rate a star
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Bruce N.
"Surprising for this location"
Good location and a nice front desk person but hotel is such a dump it was comical.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Good Value"
This is an old hotel, and it shows, but the price is good. The one elevator works reliably, the lobby where free wifi is available is comfortable, and the lobby staff is friendly. A major complaint is that there is not one shelf or hook in the bathroom. Despite that and little things that are worn, the rooms are clean, the location is central, and generous portions of good food at good prices are to be had downstairs at Bernard's. I'll be returning to Hotel Seattle & Bernard's.
3 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"An ok place to sleep"
This is a very old hotel and as long as you are only staying here to sleep, it is ok. You get what you pay for in downtown Seattle. This was a cheap place to stay and all I was looking for.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
It was pretty cruddy but cheap. About 4 tv chanels. No plug for the bathtub.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"worst hotel in Washington"
There was no coffee maker, no hair dryer, no control of the heat, no cable TV, internet only worked in the lobby, the bed was like a cot and it looked and felt like something from before my time that had never once remodeled. The employees were rude, uninviting and too nosey. I'll never stay there again
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"location, location."
The hotel is in a good location- nearby our social destination for the evening. However, there are very few good parking options nearby for overnight- the hotel is not affiliated with any garages and we ended up spending a lot to park. Added substantially to our thrifty hotel bill. The hotel was clean, but the room amenities were sparse. If you are just sleeping overnight it fits the bill. Don't expect much more.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Suzanne
"You get what you paid"
Cheap great location... you get what you paid... I would do it again...
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
Mauricio M
"Friendly staff, rundown building"
I feel bad saying anything negative, especially since the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but I would not stay here again. Maybe I'm overparticular, but I wished I had shelled out a little more for something less rundown. Granted it mostly did the job as a cheap place near the train station that I could crash at for a few hours after a concert before catching a train early the next morning. However, the bed was so gross I didn't even take my clothes off, and didn't really sleep. The walls and ceiling and floor are in a serious state of disrepair, especially in the bathroom. Bad enough that I decided to forgo using the shower. And not that I saw any evidence, but I felt compelled to place my closed bag on top of the TV hutch to prevent any unwanted passengers crawling in and coming home with me. Perhaps that's not fair since I never saw or felt any bites, but I couldn't help thinking it very possible with the overall condition of the building and bed. Again, I don't like talking this place down. The cleaning staff does the best it can with what it has to work with. And the place doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is: a cheap, old, conveniently located, rundown hotel. Perhaps this is all you're looking for, but if you think you might be as particular as me, you might want to consider your options if you can afford something else.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
persnicketypete
"Good enough."
Went to Seattle to watch my favorite football team play the Seahawks. Hotel was about eight blocks from the stadium and in a very safe and clean part of downtown Seattle. Went to Seattle with my Dad. Would not bring my wife to this hotel. A very old hotel. T.V. only had five channels and only two useful ones (NBC and ESPN). Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"It's nothing fancy, but perfectly fine"
It's nothing fancy, but perfectly fine. It has an old timey feel. The bed was comfortable, but everything is a bit worn. Good location and price.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Decent"
The place has a lot of charm, was worth the price (compared to the exhorbitant cost of nearby downtown hotels). Amenities were few: the ice machine was broken, so the front desk clerk had to take your ice bucket downstairs to the restaurant for ice. The water temperature of the shower was unreliable (but serviceable). And: the television only offered about seven stations, none of them popular (I think I got NBC, MSNBC, and FX). But it was clean and comfortable enough.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014