All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
1111 Lighthouse Ave, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Comfortable
    Food is not good
    Poor vibe
Wifi dont work ..
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2013
Ken
"clean & spacious and the staff supportive"
The hotel was a very good choice for the cost. The room was attractive, clean and spacious. The grounds were lovely. But the internet in our room was useless. Either non-existent or intermittent. This hotel MUST improve its wireless wifi. We were on a business trip and were very frustrated by the lack of wireless service. We had to come down to the lobby to get a steady connection.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2013
"Nice stay for Pacific Grove"
Pacific Grove is a very beautiful area, and there are lot of hotels choices. This is not the best, but definitely not the worse. It's a nice place for the price, clean with a decent continental breakfast. Walking distance to the Lighthouse, beach and even golf course. A good value of the price.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2013
JLR
Clean room. Nice staff and close to event at Lovers Point.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"Butterfly ocean"
Overall for the price it was good. There is a nice protected pool and good jacuzzi. The location is also good for walking on the ocean. What a marvelous area..
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
Belle
"The name does not fit"
The staff is very helpful and corteus. The room however was in serious need of deep cleaning and upgrading. Everything from the carpet to the walls looked grimmy and old. The beds were horrible, we paid $180 a night and the beds were probably worth $29.99 per night. We won't come back again. It's a waste of such friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Quaint"
Wonderful hotel in quiet neighborhood. Room and staff were very nice.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Gail
"Comfy, quiet hotel in beautiful PG"
The location of the hotel was very convenient and close (half mile) from the downtown strip. The hotel itself looks like it's been there a while, but it is clean and well kept. The service we got checking in was prompt and kind, and the breakfast was very good, well stocked, and a nice convenience. We paid $200.50 all inclusive for a single night's stay. Compared to other rates and locations, it seemed like the best deal around. We had a King room which was spacious, well-lit, had a TV, and a big clean washroom. Overall, I enjoyed the stay there; I would have liked a few more nights, but it was a short weekend :)
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2013
"Do not stay at this hotel."
The pictures on Internet are very deceiving. The wireless Internet does not work. The only decent thing was the breakfast. For the price you pay, this definitely is not the place to stay.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Disgusting!"
Arriving early evening, we checked in and went right out to Cannery Row for dinner. We camr back and the kids jumped into bed. Before I got into bed I turned on the a/c which had a broken knob and the other was missing. I tried to open a window for fresh air and to cool down the room and there were no screens!when I called the front desk, the owner said that this was one of the only hotels in the area that had a/c, but could move me to another room. My kids Were already in bed!!! There are over 60 rooms and only 4 guests (now I know why), couldn't they have put us in a room that had a/c in the first place? We had to have them come to the room to remove the block on the very old small t.v. With no a/c, I turned on the ceiling fan and was up most of the night hoping it wouldn't fall on me. It made noise with each rotation and rocked of the base as if It was going to fall, it was so loose! The bathroom was clean at least.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
V.B.
"Close to Asilomar"
Beautiful location and very comfortable. will come back
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
craigfb
"Not what we have expected"
This is not a Monarch hotel, it is old and smells.The breakfast area is located in a normal hotel room, we have never seen a thing like this. We took the breakfast to our room. We have expected more for the price we paid!!
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2013
"Lighthouse"
Nice quiet location, the pool was heated, the spa hot and the sauna was nice.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Carolyn S.
"Nice for the price and location, needs updated."
Comfortable bed and bath. Liked the location. Rooms need updated, but nice for the price.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"A good choice for the money"
I like this hotel but it is in sore need of an update. The room had a very lumpy bed and old decor but was clean and quiet. The location is great with lots to do around it and overcast in the morning being so close to the water. Their internet did not work properly for me a business traveller that was not good. The people were nice and helpful.
3 night business trip Aug 15, 2013
"OK"
Lady at front desk was nice, but I am not likely to stay here again
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
RR
"A nice stay"
We were in Monterey/Carmel for "car week". Starting at the beginning - the staff was very nice and tried to help us as much as possible. We had a classic car with us. They gave us a room on the end with windows looking out at the parking lot so we could keep an eye on it. The neighborhood is wonderful - very quiet. The room was clean. The hotel (not a resort) is old but nice. The room was quiet, except for the "stomper family" one floor up. The hotel is 3 stories - parking on the bottom and then two floors of rooms. We did not use the pool but it looked nice. The breakfast was good (kind of creepy because it's in one of the rooms). Consisted of H.B. eggs, mini bagels/cream cheese, lots of pastries & fruit, instant oatmeal & cold cereals and bread for toast. We did not want our room made up the first day, but did the second. No one cleaned the room, but when we returned, the heater had been turned on full blast and it was like a sauna. Staff was very apologetic and gave us handfuls of soaps, shampoo, etc. Bed was comfy but pillows were hard. Over all nice stay, we would stay again.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2013
Annie
"Needs updating"
This was a gift for my sister and her husband for my sister's birthday. They enjoyed their stay. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable; however, they said the property could be so much more with a remodel. All in all it worked for them for the two nights they were in town.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2013
Chech-in time not until 4; this was then delayed for 45 more minutes!
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"The room was old and smelled dusty"
Sadly we paid less money for an amazing hotel in Washington state the weekend before so walking into this room was depressing. It smelled like dust, the curtains looked dirty and the towels were old looking as well. The hotel was very noisy and we could hear everything. We slept with the windows open due to the fact it smelled so bad. I honestly would not come back to this hotel for the price we paid
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"Good and reliable nothing spectacular"
Hotel was a Best Western and seems what I would expect a Best Western to be. So with that in mind, it fits the expectation. No frills, just a decent stay. Biggest complaint was noise from upstairs guest walking loudly on floors. Location is not bad as it was only about a little over mile from the main Monterey drag. If you can't get right on Cannery Row, this is a nice alternative, Pacific Grove is absolutely beautiful.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"one night stay"
Stayed one night. Staff was helpful and very kind. Room was clean and nice. Walls seemed thin, but due to hotels layout one should expect this. Nice stay.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
vincent
"hotel in pacific grove"
This is not a nice hotel. Avoid it: it's old and our room stunk because of a fire place in the room. The hotel was very loud too.
"family trip"
Hotel very dated. Update computer , phone rooms. Disappointed NEED MORE STAFF
ebag
"Too many smoking rooms"
We haven't had to request a non smoking room in a while as most California hotels are non smoking. Consequently our room smelled horribly of smoke and we noticed a lot of the rooms there allowed smoking. Yuk!
2 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Where's the coffee?"
My room was very pleasant, service was good, although my friends didn't get into their room until 8:00 PM. I like good coffee when I wake up and the "in room" coffee makers were really inadaquate and the coffee wasn't ready in the breakfast room until I think is was 7:30. We had early tee times and it wasn't ready. The restaurant across the street was really not good, should not have been recommended.
"very good hotel"
First off its more of a hotel then resort. the front of the sign says best western. Besides that great hotel!! Nice rooms, they have discount tickets for the aquarium. Saved a lot of money since I bought student tickets, and I did not have to wait in line. They have regular adult and children ticket also. The breakfast was okay. No meat or egg, just simple sweets, coffee, oj, bagel, and etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel though. It was cheap and very nice. Way better then I expected. Especially since they have enclosed parking for your car.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2013
KP
"Very comfortable rooms and setting."
Had a great stay at this hotel. Friendly staff. Great location to all the area attractions.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Buddy
A little bit shopworn, but friendly & helpful staff. Great location, a short drive to all the shops, just a couple of blocks from the ocean. One of those places that just needs a little overall upkeep and it will be fine. Would stay here again though.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
Bajabob
"They gave away our room"
Not happy. My buddy and I were in town for an event. We checked in on-time, and they gave away our two double beds room. A wedding party was there and someone had a problem with their room. So they made us pay by giving them our room. They offered us a single queen and a roll-away bed. Both of us looked at the roll-away - thin and old mattress, and said no way. Two old dudes ended up sharing a bed. Luckily we're old friends, but not a great sleep. Some of the wedding party was in the next room and we got to share in their loud story telling past 11:00pm at night. I had to ask for a move for the next night. They did accomodate us, but not happy about them giving away our room the first night. Really?
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Too old to share a bed
"Nice location, nice place."
A pool and free breakfast is all my kids ever want in a hotel, so they were happy. The room was nice. Everything was fine.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
diana
A bit disappointed in the "Deluxe King" room. What upgraded furniture? Not even a flat screen TV. Smelly fireplace smoke odor in room. Not very clean. Small balcony, view of parking lot below and apt. unit across. Old,very basic & cheaper construction, so any noise comes right through the walls/ceilings. Some covered parking spaces avail, and an elevator. Good location if you want to get a little bit away from the busy town area and enjoy the nearby coastal scenery.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
Roadtripper
"A Good Surprise"
First, beware a pool does not make it a resort. Outside of that, this turned out to be a great find. This hotel deserves a higher rating than Hotels.com gives it. The rooms were great large, comfortable, and VERY quiet. The location was outstanding a long walk (15-30minutes) or a very short drive to the beaches and many restaurants. The staff was exceptional very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was average but than doesn't take away from a wonderful stay. We will definitely come back.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Monarch Resort a fine hotel"
The facilities were nice; the general hospitality and front desk staff EXCELLENT. Breakfast was bountiful, but quality just so-so.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Dale
"Wet in Summer"
Breakfast room was very small for the number of rooms in the hotel. Staff was very helpful. Covered parking was a blessing as it was foggy everyday as it was when I was in basic training at Fort Ord many years ago in the summer.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2013
Ray
"Pretty good place to stay"
This was a last minute decision in our travels, but it was worth it. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The only downfall I think would have been the location to which breakfast was served. You weren't really able to comfortably enjoy it because it was in a little room and there were already several other people in the room. Overall, it was a great place to stay before heading to our immediate destination in Monterey.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2013
J.Abel
"We would stay there again"
The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The hotel was very relaxing and charming, We would stay there again. The rooms are very comfortable and clean.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"Perfect weekend getaway"
Monarch is very close to the coast and away from the city center. I and my wife went out on long walks by the coast and it was absolutely gorgeous. Restaurants/grocery stores are about 2 miles from the restaurant and along the 2 miles you will get to see line of beautifully architected private houses. Permanent residents of this place are indeed living in a paradise and I would recommend Monarch for anyone looking to unwind from the city life.
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2013
"Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable."
Room was clean and the parking was close. The breakfast was fresh and the bathroom was big enough.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Quiet Retreat"
Friendly staff, beautiful area, Bed was to firm
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2013
Crunchynoodles
the hotel is very comfortable
2 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Quiet hotel close to the beach"
This nice, quiet hotel in Pacific Grove isn't in a busy area, but within a short distance from a lighthouse, Cannery Row, and Fisherman's Wharf. It's a short walk to the beach, which is right next to a golf course. Carmel is a short drive as well. The hotel room was pleasant. They provided a good continental breakfast, though the eating area is in a small hotel room.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Glenn
"Older hotel that needs updating badly."
Needs new layout, new TVs and it was very noisy outside. Our room was said to be deluxe, but I don't know why. We had No balcony, no fireplace. Breakfast was disappointing.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Pamela
No internet service in room. Tube type television worked for 5 minutes then had to be unplugged and reset.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Great Pacific Grove location, interest points near"
Lumpy beds, room near pool had internet but noisy and warm. Room in cooler area of hotel had no wifi connectivity. Lots of potted plants in hallway, creates an indoor greenhouse effect.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Lili
"qreat location"
Typical Best Western. Clean & impersonal. But it is a short walk to the shoreline and lighthouse. Downtown restaurants are less than a mile away on the same street.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2013
"Very nice place to stay, highly recommended."
Very comfortable King bed, big room, clean & quiet. Fantastically fresh air from our private little balcony. Big mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, nice shampoos and lotions (all that extra little hotel stuff). Loved the pool & sauna, but hot tub could have been hotter. Attractive surroundings, good service. A much nicer-than-usual place for the price. I'd definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jun 18, 2013
"Nice, quiet out of the way place."
Very nice, pretty place with nice amenities and staff. Not that far from the Aquarium which was why we were there. Staff offered to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom suite for a mall amount extra which was perfect for the four of us. The small ten as plenty f nice mom and pop restaurants.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
jane
"Beautiful neighborhood, great hotel"
My fiancé and I loved this hotel. We really considered staying an extra night just because we didn't want to leave. It's in a great location, staff is friendly, and the room was comfortable! It was a really cute place to stay!
1 night romance trip Jun 16, 2013
"At home in a great neighorhood"
Loved the area. Great restaurants and neighborhood movie theatre. The hotel was older, but kept up. The only negative was that housekeeping skipped our room on the second day. A nicely made bed and fresh towels would have been great. Hotel staff was very apologetic for the mistake.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013