All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
One Avenue De LafayetteBostonMA02111United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

Great pool
    Decent vibe
    Ordinary amenities
Good location & helpful staff.
5 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
jackie c
"Wonderful, that is, until the very end"
Loved the central Boston location close to theatres and restaurants. Hotel room spacious and clean, with a beautiful view of Boston city lights at night. Only downside was when we were checking out and concierge ignored us for over 10 minutes while helping another customer, not just with getting tickets but also learning how to check her email and use her cell phone. If no one had been waiting, it would have been going above and beyond, but it seemed rude to ignore us completely instead of checking in on our timing, and/or getting assistance. Left with a bad taste in our mouths.
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
Ann
Loved having a self park garage under the hotel. We were able to stay dry on a rainy check-in day--no waiting for a valet to take our luggage to our room--and able to exit quickly on our day of departure.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
anita c.
It was awesome
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Kyle
"Visit to Boston - 9-24"
Decent enough hotel, recently renovated so that was nice. But it still strikes me as a 3* hotel with a faux 5* coat of paint. TV Remote and room phone didn't work. Asked the front desk to fix them and they never did. Would have been nice to have WiFi comped for having no TV (I chose to stream from the internet on my ltop).
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Iron
"Decent Hotel, Watch Your Bank Account!"
Nice hotel, great room, quiet, nice part of the city. However, the room phone was broken (white noise, had to use my cellphone to call for anything). I called twice to request two bathrobes and two wine glasses. When the attendant arrived, he delivered one bathrobe, and two standard drinking glasses. I didn't pursue that any further. The Nespresso machine in the room was broke. Upon notifying the front desk, the hotel did have an attendant promptly deliver a decanter of coffee to my room (free of charge). All in all, it was an ok experience, I am just accustomed to things working, and requests being fulfilled correctly for the price that I paid for the room. BEWARE: If you book through hotels.com and stay at this hotel, keep an eye on your bank statement after checkout. In booking this hotel through hotels.com, my bank account was charged the total cost by hotels.com, then Hyatt held the cost of the room for 5-7 days after I was there, and then Hyatt also charged me for the room as if I had never paid for it from hotels.com... So in other words, triple the price I paid for this room was either taken, or held for over 5 days after the date of my stay, and if I hadn't noticed, I would have been charged by both hotels.com and hyatt. I think in the future, Ill choose the pay later option on hotels.com instead of the pay now...
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Not bad for a night."
Only one night. My only interaction with staff was to ask directions to train. They knew where it was. Only 3 blocks away. Breakfast at hotel was easy. Great wait staff. Parking next door. $38 for first 24 hours. No discount for guests. Price is steep.
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
Denis
Nice and modern to a fault. Room was very sterile. No hotel information was in the room. Asked about a booklet or something/anything on hotel restaurant, amenities, etc. but got nothing. Could use a towel bar or two in the bathroom. Excellent location and price.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Glenn
"Newly renovated, beautiful room"
Great location. Room looked newly renovated. Fast easy check in, good service overall. Highly recommend.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
"Anniversary Trip to Boston"
The Hyatt in Boston was an amazing hotel! My Husband and I booked this Hotel for our 1st Anniversary and I will absolutely go back again! Alexandra helped us when we checked in and she was fantastic! She was able to upgrade our room to give us a beautiful view of the city too! This hotel was worth every penny and I would recommend to family and friends!
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
I had a great stay. Without asking, the front desk provided my 3 year old with a puzzle and coloring book which made her happy. I would definitely return.
2 night family trip Sep 15, 2015
"Big City with a Personal Touch"
Clean hotel within a 6-minute-walking distance to my event. Extremely helpful, friendly & courteous staff - not just 'one' but everyone! and that was a refreshing and pleasant surprise! Always felt safe. At the concierge desk they will give you a handy walking map plus any information you might need about any tours, sightseeing tips and points of interest. The rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. Food was delightful. Their is a cute little souvenir shop as well. Enjoyed our stay and never once felt rushed - until I got into traffic to go home that is. ;-)
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
Shelley
"Perfect weekend getaway!"
Wonderful weekend getaway! The hotel is in an excellent location! Would definitely stay there again!
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Rochelle
My mom and I came up to this hotel because it was close to this beer festival we were attending in Boston. Location is ideal, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly; the room was awesome. At this point, I'm looking for another excuse to go up to Boston just so I can stay at the hotel again.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Nicole
All aspects of the stay were quite good excepting the internet connectivity. The standard connection was terrible, and we were frequently bumped off the server. Even retrieval of email was challenging. Of course better connectivity was available for a significant price.
3 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
Hotel was great however the front desk attendent forgot to schedule our wake up call like we asked and we were late for our flight. We also couldn't gas up the rental car and got charged a fee.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Lynne
"Worth It"
Outstanding Hotel!!!
4 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
rodney
"labor Day weekend"
Had a great time over Labor Day. The hotel was close to everything, including public transportation to Fenway and the Freedom trail.Would definitely use this hotel again.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Good hotel and great location
3 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
lauren
"Excellent location and modern room."
We had a great stay at this hotel. It's in a excellent location and easy to walk to the harbor, Boston Comm/Public Garden, Trinity Church, etc. The room is quite spacious and modern. The only thing we felt awkward is lobby not on the street level. You have to take two different elevator to get to your room.
3 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
Junni
The experience was great. Everyone was incredibly friendly. They are pet-friendly too. I don't have any pets, but I saw a few dogs throughout my stay.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Mini getaway"
Great location for walking around to see the city. Nice clean rooms with good updated decor. Quiet area -- no problems sleeping! Excellent service in all areas of hotel.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Boston trip"
Nice hotel good area clean rooms 2 block from Chinatown would stay there again
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
larry
"nice hotel"
Nice hotel beautiful view and soon
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Great location / awkward elevators"
Overall a great place. The only thing that was awkward and inconvenient were the necessity to take two elevators - one to get from entrance to lobby and another to get to your room and also those two to get out.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Enrique
"Enjoyed our stay here"
The only inconvenience about the hotel is the complicated access to the street. You have to take two different elevators to get out. Staff were very hey& courteous. Rooms are beautiful
3 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Marina
Very nice everyone very helpful! Breakfast very good
4 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
MArjorie
"Expensive hotel short of staff"
It was OK for the room and shower. But the swimming pool is so far away despite the good facility. Waiting in line for 15 minutes for check-in with only one staff, and the other one works with loyalty customers (?), you wonder how it even dares to be an above 3-star hotel. Website is a mess with information hard to find, like the breakfast hours.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
AJ
"Good stay"
Great location, very walkable to most of the point of interests in Boston. Lovely stay. Room clean, modern flare. Bed comfortable with relatively clean sheets. Would I stay here again? Yes.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2015
A little noisy but overall ok
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Great Hotel, was on business trip and this is situated right in financial center which was perfect for me.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
We checked in very late but we ve been granted late check out at 2pm and that was excellent
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
farida
"Not really thrilled."
I was quite disappointed with my experience. I had family in town for an evening show and we decided to stay here overnight so that we could experience downtown Boston together. We got together for cocktails before dinner. As I sat at the bar, I saw many fruit flies buzzing about. When I mentioned it to the bartender, she said, "Oh, that's normal; they're attracted to the fruit." Most clean bars, that I've been to, do NOT have flies buzzing about, normally. Also, I left my card at the bar and the next morning went down to retrieve it. I was told that I would have to wait until 3 that afternoon for the security manager to come in before I could get it. Really? The bar was open, there were security people there. Why couldn't someone check for me, while I was there? Luckily, I don't live far away but it was still inconvenient for me to drive all the way home to get a phone call at 1pm saying I could come back in to get my card. And the attitude I got when I came back to get it that afternoon left a little to be desired. Also, I found out that the bartender had charged tabs to my cousin's card that were not hers. She was able to call after the fact and fix it but she shouldn't have had to in the first place.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Cassandra
"OK but not terrific."
Weekend stay -- room was small and no upgrade for my Platinum status. Housecleaning never came one day til almost 5pm one day and on another we had to call down to get replacement shampoo. We also had to plug the two lamps in ourselves on arrival - odd!
4 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Raymond
"Could've been better."
I was a bit less than impressed during my trip. I was hosting family from out of town. First, I asked for two room keys and only got one meaning I had stand in line to get the other. We went for cocktails at the bar and no only were the drinks not good but there were fruit flies everywhere! When I asked the bartender about it she replied that it was, "Normal". Really?? Also, I ended up leaving my credit card at the bar. When I inquired about it the next morning, I was told I had to wait until someone came in at 3pm. So I went all the way home, just to turn around a few hours later to get it. Not very satisfied, at all.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Cassandra
"Great option for tourist."
The hotel is located in great area. Everything is within walking distance. The service and room is as expected with great service. I would stay at same hotel again .
2 night trip Aug 7, 2015
Vantiene
"Dissapointed"
For the price the service was non-existent. Concierge service was good but bell service and response to requests was terrible.
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Nice hotel downtown. You can walk to EVEYTHING!!!"
We were given a handicapped accessible room for some reason. The door to the bathroom was a sliding door that didn't close completely. Not enough towels, no hair dryer, no bathroom fan. Pool was on 6th floor (then walk two flights down. Very weird placement. Room was clean. Restaurant nice.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
wonderful!
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
"Good location but room not ready"
We were supposed to have 2 rooms with 2 queen beds but one of the rooms was a king so they had to switch. The new room was not clean yet although it was 10:15 pm. We were told it would be 20 minutes. After waiting more than 40 minutes we called and were told our keys would be delivered personally in a few minutes. After waiting for quite a few more minutes I went back to the front desk. They had changed shifts and were unaware we were waiting for our room. They gave us 5 complimentary breakfasts but it was a difficult evening with small children and an infant. It took additional time to get the crib even though I had called ahead to make sure we had a crib.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Perfect location"
Spent 3 nights in this great hotel. Helpful staff, spotless room,great amenities.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Roberta
"Clean and great location, no rooftop deck"
The hotel was in a great location. Easy to get to from the airport, and central to a lot of shopping and places to eat/drink. The room was very clean and spacious. The pillows did seem a bit small and old, but they did the job. The only complaint/downside we had was the rooftop deck. The website, and even a poster in the lobby, showed pictures of a rooftop deck to relax on. So we picked up a bottle of wine and went to find out, only to be told it had been closed months ago. Such a beautiful night, it was a damper on the night to find out the advesertised rooftop was closed, and had been for a long time. It should not be advertised as an ammenity if the rooftop is not available.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Nice location. Clean hotel. rude staff"
Clean and nice hotel with good location and great breakfast. Very rude and unprofessional staff ( manager) who spoke arrogantly to us and did not want to help or solve the problem. Left bad taste and impression for the rest of the stay.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Yelena
"Good Location"
The Hyatt Regency is situated in a convenient location, though I found the neighborhood a little uncomfortable at night. It is connected to Macy's Department store and is near several T stops. Also, it has 24-hour room service and has a restaurant/lounge located on the premises. The room was a good size, but it had a lack of drawer space. If I remember correctly, there was no drawer space.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Anne
"Nice Hotel in a Great Area"
My daughter and I stayed here for a long weekend. The staff was fantastic! Very friendly and helpful. The décor in the public areas and our room was very streamlined and modern. One thing that was missing was a luggage rack... Considering the bed bug ridden environment in hotels around the country (which this hotel did NOT have, to my knowledge), I like to keep my luggage on a rack. So, I kept mine on the table, and my daughter kept hers on the window ledge. The only other thing that may have been a detractor from my experience is taking two separate sets of elevators to get to our room. But in my eyes, the customer service is the overriding factor. There are phenomenal employees working at the front desk, the concierge desk, the front door and housekeeping. They really made our stay enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay there again. Although, I would consider steering clear of Chinatown... it was one of the more run-down Chinatowns that I have been to. My daughter called it "shady".
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Lori
"Nice location and room condition"
Overall I am happy with the hotel, very convenient to more sites of interest. We spent two nights, and was happy with the room. We are particularly happy with the room safe, which requires a room key to operate - very convenient. The hotel staff are responsive, but not particularly warm. The deco throughout is a bit dark, not my taste, and it has started to show its age.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Jessie
It was a great location, great staff, nice room but the AC unit took a very long time to cool the room down. When we got in the room (on a very hot day) it was 77• and even though we put the temp way down it wasn't cooler until we went back to the room after 11:00 p.m.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Very Nice"
We had an excellent experience overall, beginning with a friendly welcome and great service at check in. Our room was extremely clean and modern. This was one of the most comfortable beds that we have slept in at a hotel in many years. The bathroom was also newly renovated--great shower and modern faucets. Location is good near a lot of things.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Harry
"Farther from attractions, need follow thru"
Plan a bit more walking to attractions, in exchange for a slightly lower room rate. Had a horrible high pitch sound that radiated from the plumbing whenever we, or adjacent rooms showered. I called four times and no one followed thru on the request it be looked at or we be moved. I was very disappointed that happened at a Hyatt. It woke us up every day. Each time I called I had to start the story over...very frustrating. Room was clean, decent size, pool nice. Had to take two elevators to get up to room or out the door, kind of a pain but not too bad if you give yourself a few extra mintutes. Limited onsite eating, a more informal cafe or counter would be nice to have to pick up breakfast, coffee, sandwiches or salads. The bellman outside was wonderful and friendly, as was the concierge! train stop two blocks away and can take you every where in city, convenient. Would recommend or rate higher had our problem been taken care of:(
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Beth B.
"Wrong room in guaranteed late check in."
Hall not clean, shower curtain moldy, spa un-accessable to older or person with walker, too many stairs, front door hard to find and access, multiple floors, long line at checkin, staff un knowledgeable and un-cooperative.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015