All hotels in East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States of America
850 Paterson Plank Road, East Rutherford, NJ, 07073, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"N.Y.visit/ MetLife Stadium visit"
We chose this location for its convenience. We stayed 3 nights(fri-mon). We were there to visit N.Y.and also to attend a Jets game at MetLife Stadium. This hotel had a bus stop right outside the front door which took us right into N.Y.in approx 15mins.for $8.50 roundtrip. So much easier than fighting traffic to get into the big apple. The busses run quite often (every 10-15mins). On Sunday we drove to Redd's Bar (5mins away) where we paid $25per car to be shuttled to MetLife roundtrip. I thought that was a great deal considering other car services were charging $10per person each way, which would of been $40 for just my husband and I. Back to the hotel...they serve a very nice breakfast (free of charge) with several choices. Rooms were very clean & comfortable. The staff was so helpful. They spent time helping my husband & I find a restaurant to have dinner in on our last night there. Even calling a Japanese Steakhouse to see if we needed reservations. We will definitely stay here again. Had a great time!
3 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"FOR THE PRICE HOTEL WAS GOOD"
Good hotel for the price. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Bus stop right in front of hotel very convenient to get to NYC. Only negative is NO POOL.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott East Rutherford Meadowlands
Dear J, We are so appreciative of your kind review. It is rewarding to know that you enjoyed our great location and good value. Your remarks serve as encouragement to our team who strive to provide a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please visit us upon your return to the area. Best, Alan Garrabrant General Manager
2 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
Jay
"Close to transportation to the city"
staff was really nice breakfast was great close to New York City good transportation right on front of the hotel some nice restaurants in the area would stay there again
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"NYC Business Trip."
Were traveling for business and can not justify spending the type of money NYC is charging for a night in a hotel.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Clean and comfortable."
Everything was perfect. I was very pleased with staff, cleanliness, ease of checking in and out. Bed was very comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Susane
"Fine service and location"
The decor and comfort were fine, and the availability of bus service next to the hotel was superb. The staff was very pleasant, especially the breakfast servers. The price was very reasonable.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Rita
"Great for a stay at NYC"
The hotel is nice and clean. The staff is very courteous. Just outside the hotel you can take the bus that will take you to Manhattan in less than 20 minutes, 12 if you take the express one.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Luis
"Review"
Enjoyed my stay here The hotel is so clean All the front desk employess have gteat customer service One thing ur hotel needs is a shuttle to and from the airport
3 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Wongani
"Enjoyed our stay at this Fairfield Inn"
This was a great motel for the price. It is newly remolded and very friendly. The rooms were very nice and the beds were comfortable. They have free internet access and a daily breakfast. It is on the bus line for transportation into the port authority in New York city. The bus fare for seniors 65 and over is only $3.80 round trip. The motel has the bus schedule. There are no restaurants within an easy walk, but they have some food items you can buy at the motel.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Joyce
"Stay Before Giants Game"
Great stay even though it was only for a night. The outside of the building looks a little drab but once you're inside it's all brand new and modern.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Brittany
"excellent-friendly, clean, very close bus stop"
i love it ! if i need to come back to NY, we will stay here again!
3 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Sergey
"Wonderful stay!"
We came for a girls weekend and went to NYC. The hotel was 13 minutes from Time Square. It was perfect. The hotel staff was fantastic and the room was perfect for 4 girls. I would recommend this to anyone visiting!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Very good for short dtay"
Good hotel for the nfl game and a ver good location with very covenent acsess to nyc by bus just infront of the hotel in only 15 min. Very recomnded
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Amir
"Business Trip"
It was very good except they would not credit my Mariott Rewards for the stay because it was booked by third party...
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
Eric Summiel, RN
"The best choice for visiting NYC"
I stayed my last two days in NYC in Fairfield and I wish I would be there during all my visit to NYC . It's so easy for going to Manhattan by bus 163-164 stops directly in front of the hotel (8.5$ for return ticket) , rooms perfect,breakfast cool,staff helpful . Only thing not so good is that almost dead neighborhood ( just few hotels)
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Architect.Tarek
"Good value and practical"
We were there as tourists to NYC. Excellent location because they have a bus stop right in front to go to port authority. Very good rooms and service. Good (free) breakfast. They also have a coin operated laundromat.
2 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
Easy access to NYC with bus stop in front of hotel.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Last minute reservation"
The cost was steep but it was worth it. My family is looking forward to returning there. Excellent!
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Very basic hotel.Not many television channels.Breakfast was not good.Being a recently remodeled hotel I was expecting it to be a little nicer.Service was great though.Beds were comfortable.Location was good.Went for a concert at the Metlife Stadium and this hotel was very convienent for that.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott East Rutherford Meadowlands
Dear Zeb, Thank you for acknowledging our great service, comfortable beds and convenient location even though you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I’m sorry we disappointed you. Your feedback is welcomed, both positive and opportunities for improvement; as it fosters change for future stays. Best, Alan Garrabrant General Manager
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Zeb
Generally very satisfactory, skimpy on the toiletries. Complimentary breakfast was good.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Nice Room, Clean"
Very Clean. Area right around is just ok. Great bed and bedding.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"very good"
My daughter and my husband and I had a very comfortable stay. We went to see One Direction concert at the Metlife stadium. The room was very clean and beds were very comfortable. Glad we chose Fairfield.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Sandy
"NIce hotel close to NYC."
We wanted an affordable hotel just outside of the city. Easy to get to. Free parking.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
michelle
"Excellent location"
Room was clean and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Scrambled Eggs, Canadian bacon, toast, waffles, cereal, fruit, etc. Very satisfied.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Pam V
"Nice, convenient & accommodating"
We stayed here to be close to the Met Life Stadium for a concert. It was only a one night stay, not sure I would've wanted to stay longer than a few days considering the room was a little small. The staff was very helpful, they gave us no problems when we asked for a late checkout. They had a small exercise room and meeting room on the first floor. The ice machine was in the vending area on the 2nd Fl, although a bit inconvenient (we were on the 1st Fl) wasn't a major issue. There were elevators conveniently located and a breakfast buffet area from 6am - 10am also down in the lobby. They could use a few better breakfast options and the coffee could be a tad stronger but overall not bad and much appreciated. There's taxis that leave every half hour to shuttle you back and forth to the nearby venues. They let you know where they will pick you up after the show is over which is cool. It costs us $10 pp each way so if you plan to drink alcohol its the best option. Cons: I found some bug in the bathroom which I had to kill, our coffee packets with the straws, creamers etc were never checked, one was opened and missing straws, breakfast buffet needs better options (that canadian bacon is yucky, could have better fruit options and stronger coffee). Overall the convenience to get to the two stadiums (IZOD & Metlife) is great whether driving or cabbing it, there's tons of restaurants both fast food and sit down nearby, the highways are all around and parking is plentiful.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Chevon
"Great!"
We spent two nights in NY coming from Boston and this hotel was perfect.
Pris
"Pleasurable stay"
I drove from Massachusetts and check in process was fast. Staff very pleasant and professional. Room was very comfortable and clean. If I had to make a complaint it would only be that there were not enough toiletries and tub needed to be better clean. Other than that everything else was good.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Close to NYC"
If you are visiting NYC, this is the best hotel. Got the bus right across the street to NYC, don't forget to get the bus schedule and instructions from the reservation desk. Breakfast was ok, not outstanding..
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Henry
The hotel was pleasantly clean and front staff was quite knowledgeable and friendly. However your continental breakfast was a total disaster, one example that I have is that on Friday 06/27/14 I was down at 6:35 am since there was no coffee I proceeded to ask one of your kitchen staff if there was any more coffee prepared in the back, I also mentioned to her since she was going back to the kitchen that there were no more eggs or ham, at this time she looked at me and told me that I should not be eating so much. At this time, I didn't even have a plate on my hands and if this is a service that the hotel provides then they should be appropriately stack with needed items as well as needed staff. This particular person continued to be nasty and inappropriate throughout my stay. Kitchen staff are in Need Of serious training on how to deal with patrons.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Myriam Calderon
"Nice hotel close to sports complex"
Everything was excellent, dont have complaints. It would be better if it had a pool, other than that excellent
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Javier
"Outstanding Staff"
Most employees were smiling ever time I saw them. The staff was so considerate and constantly courteous. I called for extra towels, but forgot to take the do not disturb sign from the handle. Rather than risk disturbing me, the employee had the front desk verify that I really did want someone to knock on the door. When I was ready to leave the hotel, I wanted to leave a tip. I saw the housekeeper on my floor and while showing her cash I asked would she be cleaning my room. She honestly replied that she would not and proceeded to direct me where to leave the money so that it would go to the correct person!! Very impressive indeed!
3 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
S. P.
Staff Ave very nice. We asked them for a baby bed, we got it immediately.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Very polite and hospitable reception upon arrival.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great hotel to visit NYC"
Great hotel to visit NYC. The NJ transit bus stops is only steps away and is a short trip to Port Authority which is a close distance to Times Square. They were very accommodating with our large crowd. Carmen( Hotel Front Desk) was super helpful and provided me with a map of the city and the bus schedule. The complimentary breakfast has a good variety and we loved the waffle machine. We will definitely come back to this hotel on any future trips to NYC!
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
jenys03
"Ideal location for Meadowlands events"
We stayed here May 31 for one night and were very pleased with the accommodations and service Would definitely stay there again. Highly recommend
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"better than expected"
The room was better than expected, everything seemed super clean and the staff were extremely friendly. They even left a rubber duck the bathroom
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Nick
"Friendly staff."
Pleasantly surprised that there was an unadvertised hot breakfast. The check- out person even made sure that we received a complimentary rubber ducky when we mentioned what a nice touch it was to have them in the bathtub.
1 night trip May 21, 2014
Dave D
"One night getaway!"
We stayed at the Fairfield Inn after an event at Met Life stadium. The hotel was up to date, VERY clean, the staff was very pleasant, and the bed was VERY comfortable. WONDERFUL stay here!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Modern hotel"
The hotel seems quite new and gets new modern style. The free breakfast is good, and it has everything you expected from this class of hotel. The room seems a little bit smaller than I expected though, but it is still good. There is a bus stop right at the front of the hotel to Time Square, but nothing else (meant food) nearby within walking distance. It's at suburb.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
jeff
"Excellent Choice In A Moderately Priced Motel"
All the staff is polite, most respectful and more important proactive in anticipating guest needs. When you see them in the halls or in the lobby they always inquire about your stay and if there is anything you need. Rooms are clean and well laid out. Exceptional amount of work space with an over abundance of electric outlets spaced to accommodate numerous chargers for all your devices simultaneously...and rarely if ever see this amount of convenience. Free WiFi. Rooms come with iron, ironing board, microwave, frig, hair dryer. Since this is a Marriott property. guests receive a free full breakfast...not just the "continental" version with a danish and coffee. There is scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, toast, juice, selection of breads, waffles, all cereals...truly a full breakfast and it's buffet style so you can be in and out very quickly. Free USA Today. And there is fresh brewed coffee..both caffeinated and non 24/7. And all this for most a moderate price
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Convenient for NYC and general Rutherford area"
Got in VERY early the day of our check-in and the night manager accommodated us very nicely by offering us the breakfast buffet until he could get us a room, which he did right at 7 AM. Very gracious of them as we were worn out from a red eye flight, and they let us know we could change rooms to a higher floor (as we had originally requested) once more people checked out. Not only did they follow through with this but they put us in a room on the top floor. The location is excellent for those interested in going into NYC, and the bus stop right outside takes you right into midtown Manhattan for $4.25 each way. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly and rooms were comfortable. Only drawback was road noise from the street outside, which has regular truck and bus traffic, and temporary window sealing made for some construction equipment noise during the morning/daytime. Overall a great experience and great value for the price.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Rooms were very small and for being recently renovated, light fixtures and bathroom fixtures were falling off of the walls. A meeting room was across the hall and they wouldn't switch our rooms when we found out a conference with lots of cheering and clapping was going on at 7 am.
Response by Fairfield Inn by Marriott East Rutherford Meadowlands
Not Impressed, Thank you for writing. Your satisfaction is important to us and we sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate your room change request due to occupancy. We strive to provide exceptional guest experiences and we regret falling short of this goal. We value you as our guest and hope to have an opportunity in the future to provide a more positive stay. Thank you again. Sincerely, Nadege Volcy, General Manager
2 night trip Apr 2, 2014
Not Impressed
"Nice hotel with good location"
The hotel is nicely located. There are frequent buses right from in front of the hotel to the NYC. It takes about 30 min to get there. Staff was polite and friendly. They were helpful. The room was comfortable. The only complaint I had was that AC made a lot of noise.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Nonamw
"Great customer service"
Front desk agent was very polite. Nice room. Clean. Great food from lydhurst pizzeria. Would recommened to a friend.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
The hotel did not honor our reservation. They said that we arrived one day late and that we had a reservation for only one night. They seemed to sneer at the Expedia reservation and refused to look up our rewards card number. We were charged for the night we missed (which I expected) but they did not give us the other 6 days that we had reserved at your price. Also, they were doing some remodeling and the dust level was too much for my allergies. We stayed one night only because it was after midnight when we arrived. We moved the next morning.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
"Better than we expected!"
We were looking for a hotel that had free breakfast and fee parking near NYC so we chose the Fairfield Inn. They were under construction while we were staying there, but our room was brand new, as was the carpet on our floor and breakfast area. The staff was very cheerful and helpful. We were able to take the # 163 bus into NYC which stopped on the Main Street in front of the hotel. Sometimes it was full but it wasn't long before another came. Make sure you have cash to buy tickets! We would stay there again for sure!
4 night trip Dec 19, 2013
Gisele
"very nice stay"
The breakfast was nice, but could've been better, but overall, a very nice stay. Would definitely come back.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"PERFECT LOCATION FOR GIANTS GAMES"
Hotel location was perfect to MetLife Stadium. Very easy to get to and very easy getting back. Also it was perfect location to dining/finding food. What I didn't like was they were trying to put me in a room where the construction guys were right outside the room painting and working on wall paper. I objected and they put me down the hall. The new rooms are good and when all is done it should be the perfect hotel for those going to games at MetLife. BTW: The hotel owes me for my pants which paint got on them did NOT wash out. NO WET PAINT SIGN WAS POSTED.
2 night trip Nov 16, 2013
YOLLIE
"Nice Stay for the Price"
We only stayed for 1 night to go into NYC. The price was very reasonable. They are in the middle of a renovation but it didn't bother us. The breakfast was moved into a meeting room but was still nice. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
One of the worst hotel stays, that is if you consider this a hotel. I expected much more considering it is in the Marriott family. Not even Q-tips provided so forget lotion or mouth wash.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013