All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
445 Nohonani St, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice Hotel Wonderful Staff Free Parking"
Our studio room was large, well equipped, but somewhat old. The hotel is close to the beach, a supermarket and a great Japanese noodle restaurant. Visitors lined up to eat in this restaurant every day. The staff at the front desk was cheerful and helpful. They provide beach towels and sitting mat for going to the beach. The cleaning person was careful in providing all the towels, soap, etc. that we needed. WiFi and Parking were both free. Overall we had a wonderful time staying in this hotel.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Chi-Ming
"Best value among hotels in Waikiki"
The Ilima hotel is, by far, the best value in Waikiki. It offers the best combination of clean and spacious rooms, close proximity to the beach and very friendly, helpful staff. This was our 3rd stay at the Ilima, and we've been very happy with our stay every time.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Dionisio
"Good for families"
Enjoyed our 5 night stay. The hotel is dated, but we didn't mind because it was clean and comfortable and provided what we needed. We appreciated the full kitchen (complete with dishwashing liquid!) and ample living space for our family of 4. We managed to avoid paying the high prices for dinner in Waikiki this way. A nice added treat was the complimentary lei making class at the end of our stay. Praying for all those in Hawaii who may be affected during hurricanes Iselle and Julio. Stay safe.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Island lover
"Nice little boutique hotel"
Just a sweet place to stay. all you need for a week.
Shiloh
Spent 4 days here in a 2 bedroom - everything was within walking distance. The beach, shopping and plenty of places to eat was close. The staff was very helpful. The only draw back - a very small pool. But we didn't go for the pool so it didn't really matter to us. Really enjoyed!!! Also - great balconies to sit and have coffee - early in the morning.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
C. C.
"Easy access to everything"
Had a great experience staying there, would recommend hitel to family n friends.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Leala or Mama
The Hotel Ilima fit my family's needs. We had two bedrooms and a Murphy bed in the living room. By no means is the hotel updated, but it was clean and in a good location. We could easily walk to lots of shops, restaurants, and Waikiki Beach. We caught the bus a couple blocks away to take us to Pearl Harbor (it is a long bus ride, but much cheaper than a cab).
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
This hotel is old, ugly and in a sketchy area. It is however, close to the Marketplace, stores and restaurants. The afternoon staff was very friendly. However, when I called the front desk at 8:00 am to request a late check out, I was told no because the next guests for my room had already arrived. This hotel has a ton of rooms and not very many guests so I'm not sure why this would have been an issue. I believe those that rated this hotel a 4.1 out of 5 have very low standards.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
"decent for the price"
Good value for the money, you get what you pay for here. Not many frills, but we knew that going in, just needed a place to crash to see all the sights for a couple days.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"suited the purpose"
This hotel is located near all. We walked everywhere. The employees were very informative along with being very nice. It wasn't the newest hotel but it suited the purpose of our trip for the three days prior to our cruise.
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Gabriella
"Excellent stay"
We have stayed at the Ilima for years and the quality continues to be high. The location is great for the beach and also getting groceries and amenities, we did a lei making workshop twice offered free of charge, parking is free, the staff is just lovely and we had a room with a view of the ALA Wai canal. We were very satisfied.
14 night trip Jun 23, 2014
edie
"Good hotel for extending stay."
Great for the price. Limited parking. Need to be back to the hotel in early evening.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Very clean and close to beach and shops."
Staff was very friendly and ready to answer questions. If they didn't know they would find out and inform us later.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Ilaria
"Just fair"
When checking into the hotel for our 2 night stay, the front desk announced there would be no housekeeping services during our stay because of the staff picnic. Really? I'm all for staff picnics but this is my family's vacation - and we're paying for a service that they did not deliver. No apologies, no concessions, no acknowledgement that this might be an inconvenience for us. The hotel is clean overall but outdated. Free parking on site is a plus. Easy walking distance to the beach and much less expensive.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"Nice friendly. Hotel"
Big room with lots of amenities but a new shower head would have been nice. Also a coffee pack or two would have been welcome. Great parking ,good wifi ,and nice staff would all get me to return. Thanks, Arvi and Sue
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Middle of Waikiki"
Surrounded by taller hotels, so not a great view of the area, at least from the room I was in. Only a few blocks from Waikiki beach, easy to walk to. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance also. One of the few hotels in the area that offers free parking and free wifi for their guests.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Phil
"Great location and value"
We live on an outer island in Hawaii and often come for a quick visit to see family. Of all the hotels in this price range, this is the best hotel we have stayed in. The rooms are large, the staff friendly and helpful and the location excellent, two short blocks from the heart of Waikiki.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
Bekeart
As always the service and staff were excellent
3 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Affordable stay in Waikiki"
Very friendly staff, large suite with kitchenette and free parking, which is not common in Waikiki!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2014
"convenient location, free parking, courteous staff"
was disappointed that they didn't have a cancellation policy because we were offered to stay at a friends house right before the hotel booking, but other than that, pretty well pleased with this hotel and our experience
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Affordable with everything you need!"
Friendly staff. Hotel offered laundry facilities and activities for customers.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Rooms were spacious and clean. Free parking and wifi. Excellent location!
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
"best value for your money"
We got a studio suite with 2 double beds on the 9th floor for 1 week... pros: Reasonably priced - truly the best value for our money: --FREE Parking - where can you get that in Waikiki? --NO resort fee - again, where else can you find that? --FREE wi-fi in room (WI-FI's pretty fast, too) Location: 2 blocks away from Waikiki but away from the overly crowded area. I felt that the location was pretty safe. It's between residential and commercial areas. I had no problem walking back to the hotel with my kids at night after some shopping. Room: Full kitchen - saved us some $$$ and allowed us flexibility to eat whenever we want to Clean room our room was pretty big, with lots of space for 2 kids to chase each other I guess this is one good thing about older buildings, the walls are not paper-thin. Staff: -- front desk: very nice and helpful, and always greeted us whenever we came through the lobby. --the other folks were nice, as well. --our room got cleaned daily extras: -- Lei making on Wednesdays- fun experience for the family cons: There's nothing, really, except I almost didn't book this hotel because it's pink. The hotel is a little dated. Overall, if you're into fancy, this place might not be for you. If you're into a no-frills, best bang for your buck place, this one definitely fits the bill. We'll definitely stay here again.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
family of 4
"Older, But Well Kept"
Very well maintained and clean for an older hotel. One of the few hotels that offer free on-site parking. Very good value for such a large room that includes a full kitchen with furnished kitchenware. Not on the beach but within a 5 minute walk which can actually be a bonus considering the crowds and traffic that are always near the beach. Hotel staff is very friendly and able to help you. Wednesday morning hands-on lei making class was a bonus and thoroughly enjoyed by all of the hotel guests.
5 night family trip Apr 5, 2014
Glenn
"Good stay. Good location in Waikiki."
This was our 2nd stay. Good boutique hotel. Good spot for 1st timers in Waikiki. Can walk to just about anything in the area. This is not a resort. Amenities are limited. Pool is very small. We think it has gotten pricey with taxes and fees. We enjoyed it anyway. There is an Enterprise car rental place [no airport fees] right across the street.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
Great deal for the money. The bed was too hard for my taste, but that's the only negative.
2 night trip Mar 20, 2014
"Great staff!"
The Ilima has spacious rooms with full kitchens, free internet and Wi-Fi, tenth floor sun deck which is a great place to watch the Friday night fireworks, a small but nice pool, proximity to the beach, and most importantly, a great staff, front desk and housekeeping alike.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
sunbeltmom
"wonderful Waikiki"
This hotel is ideally located just a 5 minute walk from the beach, near everything you want to do in Waikiki! I would recommend it highly! We will come back.
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2014
"Good Place to stay which is close to beach"
The hotel staffs are very good.They treat the guests very well.They also provide beach towels and mat.Room Service is good.My Son (12)and Daughter(6) really enjoyed the swimming pool.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Rahul
"Great Value Hotel"
Great Value Hotel with Free Parking
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
"Worst Maintenance"
I initially booked this hotel for 4 nights. After spending few hours on first night I realized I cannot stay in this hotel as the room condition was so bad. I would not recommend this hotel... not worth for the price
4 night family trip Mar 6, 2014
"Center of Waikiki, walk to anywhere."
We always enjoy the Ilima Hotel. Lovely art in the lobby. Small pool but gets sun in the afternoon. Close to most sights and of course The Bus.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2014
Barbara Russell
"Great family hotel"
We decided to go to waikiki for a family day and decided to go to illma hotel since there were good ratings and rooms seem big. We were really happy that we stayed there. Staff was very nice. Had no problem with towels or any service that was needed. Very close to everything. We has a blast. We will be back here again.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Jesica galletes
"left a little to be desired"
The room was okay. On the 14th floor with a view of the ocean. The curtains were stained, a large safe on the floor that didn't work and was replaced by a smaller one in a closet that wasn't free, The kitchen was tiny. Just one small fry pan and no paper towels. The conceirge that is on duty daily between 8:00am and 12:00 noon doesn't work on Sunday. Daily? On Monday at 8:30 he hadn't yet shown. On Tuesday when we checked out at 10:00am he was there talking on the phone, so don't expect lots of help from the coneirge. The neighborhood is okay but it is only about 4 blocks to the beach. The front desk help was friendly.
3 night trip Mar 8, 2014
allen
the position is good. near the beach and shopping center. the bed is not so big but can be accepted.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"Nice hotel to stay with a large room and beds"
near to main street, clean and nice staffs, very cost effective.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"terrible place to stay"
It was a terrible experience in Hawaii when I stayed in this hotel. The hotel is old and not very clean and far from the beach. The toilet was blocked. The room is very crowded. When I wanted to upgrade the room, the staff was very rude and gave an exorbitant prices for the upgrade. I think it is not good choice to stay Hawaii, maybe it will ruin your trip.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
A nice place, clean and comfortable, a little old fashioned. It was further from the beach than we expected, but was a good value, including free parking, for which most places charged.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
Deb
"Hawaiian style friendly, great location"
This is the fifth time my wife and I have enjoyed 10-day stays at the Ilima. It gets better every time. Very quiet, nice neighborhood, short walk to everything, including Waikiki Beach. Free parking too (other hotels charge $25-$35 per night). Gigantic rooms. Excellent kitchen with stove, full-size fridge, dishes. Cleaning staff are mostly Filipino and most have worked at the Ilima for many years, and take great pride in their work. They love the place almost as much as we do. Best value in Waikiki.
4 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2014
J Tobin
"Best buy in Waikiki"
You cannot beat the location for this hotel. The room was huge and the kitchen was so handy! Parking was easy and free!! The only problem I had was the internet. It was outdated and I was kicked off line every few minutes. I was frustrated beyond belief and just gave up with doing anything online.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Patty
"NOT the "Most comfortable beds in Hawaii.""
Location, kitchen , tv, bathroom and pool were fine and front desk staff were great. Yet I have a bad back and needed a comfortable bed. I could feel the springs on both beds when I laid on them. This could be a nice hotel if they would replace the mattresses.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
Lisa, teacher,
"One of the best things about my trip was the Hotel"
I was pleasantly surprised with my Hotel-nicely located, friendly clean and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
It was much better than expected. The bed was a bit stiff, should have a firm foam instead. Loved the refrigerator in the room. Too bad there wasn't a cup of coffee, or some free coffee in the room to be made, then it would have been perfect.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Al
"Close to every where at affordable price"
The place is more like a cross between hotel and condominium. There are cook ware, stove, and untensils so you can cook up your meals instead of dinining out every day. There is also laundry facility on the 3rd floor. I would recommend it for long term stays.
6 night trip with friends Dec 15, 2013
Rob
"Older but very clean and comfy"
Hidden treasure for the price. Was old but clean which is most important to me. Good location, heart of everything. Great view of city.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"Yuck"
The balcony door of our room wouldn't lock. Not safe for our 3 year old who could open the door by himself. We were told it couldn't be fixed until the next day. Also there were stains on the bedding. I know this hotel is old but come on, you can invest in new bedding. We asked for a different room and were shown a dirty room. It hadn't been cleaned after the previous guest left. We were then shown to another room that had windows that didn't close all of the way. It was very windy that night so there was no way we were staying in a room with open windows. We have 2 young kids and if they don't sleep, we don't sleep. We ended up staying at the Marriott for the same price per night plus a parking fee. So worth it! Won't ever stay at Ilima hotel.
7 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Sara
"Good location and friendly staff but so old"
Great location but unit is very small old and run down. Noisy outside. rug worn and torn, cupboards won't shut.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Since there were three of us on this trip to Oahu, my friends and I wanted to stay in a suite. While searching on line, I came across the Ilima Hotel and I liked that it was in a great location and offered two bedroom suites with a full kitchen at a reasonable price. The pictures of the premises looked fine enough. It wasn't until we arrived at the hotel and glanced around that I noticed it was well maintained and clean--so were our rooms. We also had a lanai where we drank our morning coffee. There was a small swimming pool at the back of the lobby. There's also free parking for guests! The Ilima might be a budget condo hotel but its courteous and helpful staff, clean premises, free parking and other amenities makes it well worth the stay. I recommend it to everybody who wants to stay near the beach and action in Waikiki at a reasonable price. We had an enjoyable stay.
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
Jen
"basic studio apartment"
We got a studio apartment with full kitchen on the 4th floor. The view was unacceptable. We were looking directly into the facing apartment complex. They can see into our room and vice versa. Had to keep curtain closed most of the time. We should have asked to switch room, but didn't want the hassle after unpacked. The aircon was a small window unit and had probably been running for months without cleaning. It was filthy and loud. It ran all day & night to maintain 74 deg. The beds have bed bugs. The kitchen was stocked with all the needed items. The bathroom was small, but clean. The small safe has a daily fee, not acceptable! The pool was super SMALL and the water was COLD! The parking spaces were limited and small. If you don't get back to the hotel before 5pm, you're going to have a rough time parking a Smart size car. The staff are all friendly. We never really made any request of them other than extra towels. They don't have beach towels. They loan out OLDER bath towels as beach towels, not acceptable, bring your own. As we were not in our room very much, only to shower/sleep, we weren't very fuzzy, just wanted a hotel with a kitchen. So, if you're looking for an average apartment with free limited parking, free wifi, full kitchen, a laundry room, and not much else, you may be okay here. We weren't expecting better due to all the good reviews, sadly not the case. We had a fun week, but not because of the "apartment". Basic studio apartment, not hotel!
9 night family trip Oct 8, 2013
Okey Dokey
"Close to everything needed"
Staff very helpful and professional On site laundry
Other trip Oct 27, 2013