All hotels in Athens, Greece
28-34 Athanasiou Diakou Str, Athens, Attiki, 117 43, Greece, ‏‎800-491-6126

We really enjoyed! thanks.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"One of the best in Athens!"
We have stayed at the Royal Olympic many times in the past, as well as at other hotels in the Athens are. Royal Olympic is by far one of the best hotels in Athens. The front desk staff, especially Vasily, are outstanding. Polite, courteous and professional. The restaurant staff is well trained and well managed and the food is excellent. The service at the bar should have been a little better for the price but the view makes up for that. In general the hotel is very well maintained and very clean. The location is perfect since it is walking distance from the Acropolis the museum and plaka. I have recomended this hotel to many friends and none have been disappointed. After staying there so many times I figured it is time to leave a review.
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Excellent hotel. Great facilities and great location. I'd definately go back there a second time.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Fairly close to all major historic sites"
Loved that I could walk to all major historical sites. Beautiful hotel. I'd spend the few extra $ for the better room/jr suite next time. Regular rooms are not nearly as nice as what the pics shows. From past experiences, that goes for all hotels I've stayed at. With the exception of most luxury Hilton Brand hotels... Super expensive breakfast, though! I recommend to book a room with breakfast included. €25 per head otherwise.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Rob
"Great location, wonderful hotel"
This hotel was a great find- extremely close to major sights in downtown Athens, close to wonderful hotels & transportation connections, delicious breakfast with a wonderful view. The room was clean, and comfortable.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Katie
"Rude Patronizing Reception Personnel"
We booked the Executive room because the picture looked good. Actually the room was smelly and dirty (like a cheap motel room) We complained to the reception people and they just got rude and huffy --Finally got a clean non musty room --If you stay at this hotel you better book the deluxe room or you will find the accomodations poor ---And the staff certainly doesn't know much about pleasing their customers ---They just cop and attitude!!!!!!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Nice hotel.....however, our stay was during the change of season, and they were stingy with the a/c. :(
"Excellent view, central"
Very enjoyable, room small, stubbed my toe twice (black & blue) on suit case on floor between wall & bed. Bed fre legs stick out covered by bed spread. Manny bell captain, born in Canada was excellent.
"average hotel, horrible rooms"
The rooms were small with no real closet, the location is great.
Guy
"Good choice for uu"
Very nice large suite with very large terrace on the fourth floor. Weak city view with no view of antiquities. Great marble bathroom with excellent bathtub. The front desk personnel told that the AC does not run after the summer so we had to keep the terrace doors open and adjust the noise and coolness balance thus. Great location near Acropolis and metro/trams. Amazing Indian restaurant next door. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, good internet. It was an excellent choice for us to stay here.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"Perfect location"
Perfect location in central Athens. Room was slightly small for an otherwise quite upmarket hotel (but fine). Service was generally very good. View from roof garden bar was quite special.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Matthew
"Royal Olympic was decietful"
I am writing this review because I I ask for a price for the same room on another Web site Royal Olympic took my money from that site and charged me 9 days even after i canceled immediatly I did stay for 3 nights I and and paid for them will not return my money from other Website which i think is decietful
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2014
susan
"Royal Treatment"
It is too hot to sleep in the rooms - you can't adjust the temperature of your guest room. Other than that, it is beautiful and very nice place to stay - we left the outside door open which is a little unnerving.
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
Tonya
"Fine. Not sure if there is actually better."
Lovely location. Good service. Tired rooms. Not sure if there is actually any better in Athens!
3 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Acropolis"
This hotel is a short walk to the Acropolis and also the metro, making it a nice location within the city. It could use some updating, as the paint was peeling in the bathroom and the room decor is just a bit dated. Otherwise, my stay was comfortable.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Luxe Adventure
"pleasant stay"
nice view from room
4 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
It was our honeymoon. We stopped in Athens before heading to santorini. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite. Great location and views were great.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Great location, unfriendly staff"
Location was perfect ! Staff on most part was rude and not helpful . Had a very early flight out i the morning . I went to the front desk to ckeck out the night before and the person behind the desk at first refused to check me out. I was told to get up Earlier . When i said that was unacceptable he proceeded to tell me his computer just went down. I asked to see a manager in the computer magically worked again!
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
LYNN
"Not quite 5 star"
It was ok for the price we got through Expedia. Had we paid rack rate, we would not have been entirely happy. A few maintenance issues, less than enthusiastic staff. Plus was a decent breakfast and view from rooftop terrace.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Marty
"Average room, but great location"
Location across the street from the Temple of Zues and convenient to the Acropolis were big pluses. The hotel areas were very nice, but the rooms were not special but were clean and the beds were comfortable. As noted by others the view from the rooftop restaurant was outstanding. Be sure to see it at both day and night. I paid the price for convenience but would probably opt for something else as transportation was very good in Athens. There was a $15 surcharge for taking a taxi to the airport between 10 pm and 5 am bringing the cost to $53 Euro or around $70!
2 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
Beverly J
"Executive Double Room ?"
What they call an Executive Double Room is nothing but a tiny hole in the wall with cheap finishes of the 1960s.Spend another $50 and go to the Interconti!
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Rainer
Excellent location. Pool is also nice to relax around when you want to take a break. Friendly, helpful staff. Awesome views from rooftop at breakfast.
3 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Terri
"wonderful location"
My traveling companion and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Royal Olympic Hotel. The location was great-very close to the Acropolis and other sites. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, complete with a beautiful view of the Acropolis.
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
Sue W.
"Book Here!"
Location Cannot be beat! Rooftop bar and restaurant are AMAZING!
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
"Great location to the Acropolis and sites"
This hotel was a nice surprise in the middle of the city. Short walk to the Temple of Zeus, Acropolis, and the Acropolis Museum. The rooms are clean and spacious. The roof top bar and restaurant has a great view of the Acropolis! Breakfast Buffet included was a great deal.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Athens in Style"
The Royal Olympic Hotel is an upscale hotel located in the center of the city, a short walk to many of the best places to visit.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Steve Berner
"It is a good hotel and great location."
Great location 5 minutes walk to the Acropolis and two minutes walk to Plaka.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Love
"Good hotel"
The location was fantastic! The view from the rooftop bar/restaurant was amazing. The room was ok. It was clean, but for the price I expected a higher quality room.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Fantastic Hotel and Location"
I spent two nights in Athens at the Royal Olympic en route to Mykonos where I attended a family wedding. I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Room was large, clean, and had every comfort. The rooftop restaurant served a delicious and varied breakfast buffet that didn't seem like a buffet because the food (even the scrambled eggs) seemed like it was made to order. A dinner in the rooftop restaurant at a table with a full view of the Acropolis was first-rate. Easy walk to the Acropolis the next day. The gym was one of the best inner-city hotel gyms I've ever used, and the pool was a nice surprise: large and deep, with nice loungers and large towels at the pool itself. Very international crowd staying at the hotel.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2014
Martin
"Great Location - Hotel maintenance lacks"
The hotel appears to be a collection of buildings that are connected with endless corridors. The elevators are spread, very small and do not stop on all floors. The only elevator going all the way to the roof-top kept having problems, one morning it stopped only on the first and top floor. The "business center" has one computer from 1995. When I asked the reception on the eve of my departure for the missing laundry bags, I was told to wait for 14hours until housekeeping would come back to the room. Too bad I had left by than...
4 night family trip Sep 9, 2014
Rainer
"Best view in Athens"
Rooftop bar & resturant had fabulous view of Acropolis and Temple of Zeus. Pool & pool terrace were wonderful after a warm day of sightseeing. Best of all, one can walk to the plaka , Acropolis and lots of other sights, avoiding all the traffic. You will love staying here.
3 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2014
Caron Hutch
"Athen experience"
This hotel was perfect for us as we wanted to spend a couple of days visiting Greek sites of antiquity. Had a great meal with some very impressive views from the roof top restaurant, had a great stay. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable of the local area etc.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2014
The Tumeltys
Not a 5 star hotel. They should be 4 star. We as a family were shocked to see this hotel. We thought that there was a swimming pool, but unfortunately the hotel does not have one.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
aziz
"Must Stay for Honeymooners"
EXCELLENT hotel. Extremely clean. Amazing service. Perfect location very central to Acropolis and food-friendly Plaka area. I indicated that my stay was for my honeymoon in my booking comments, and they gave us an upgrade to a beautiful room overlooking Hadrian's arch, with a large balcony from which we could even see the Acropolis! To make matters better, they delivered fruit & free wine to the room. Their rooftop bar/restaurant is excellent, if for nothing else than a nightcap. Will definitely stay here again next time in Athens. THANK YOU Royal Olympic!!!
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
"walking distance to all the must see sights"
Excellent location. But the room wasn't so clean. The beds were two twin size beds next to one another to make a king. very uncomfortable
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
D
"Athens Visit"
The Royal Olympic Hotel is a property located directly in the middle of the Parthenon / Acropolis and Olympian / Zeus historical sites which are "must-see" sites while in Athens and furthermore only minutes away from its beautiful downtown shops which must be visited as well for some of the most beautiful artifacts and Greek made souvenirs you can purchase to bring back home with you. The hotel has a gym and a pool which are perfect amenities to get a quick work out in before your daily adventures. The restaurant and lounge upstairs have a spectacular sunset and evening view and must be visited for happy hour at the end of your day. The food was phenomenal and the service from the staff could not have been better. When I visit again, I will definitely stay here.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2014
DCW
"Because it is a popular hotel the check in is 3pm."
One of the best locations in Athens. I would suggest a room with a patio as it is nice to sit out in the am & pm. The breakfasts are outstanding and request it with your room reservation. Again close to everything.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Bill B
"Nice hotel with Acropolis view"
This is a nice clean hotel, ideal if you are planning to stay in Athens for a day or two to visit Acropolis. A walking distance to Plaka, the old part of Athens, is also convenient. The style of the hotel is classic, so not for those looking for something hip and modern. The roof top restaurant offers a decent menu with quite expensive prices, however the view of the temple of Zeus and Acropolis especially at night make it worth spending money there at least for drinks. The hotel has a swimming pool area, which can be quite crowded, but usually not so much in the mornings.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Elena
"Great location, walk to everything. Royal Olympic"
Perfect location. Walk to both great shopping in the Plaka. Walk to great restaurants, 4 min walks. Best rooms have balconies. 3 days would be max in Athens, then go to the islands. The 3 island tour is great to ck some out.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Bill B
"Room for improvent."
Mold on bathroom ceiling. Shower head not great. Staff was pleasant. For what we paid a complimentary continental breakfast would've been nice.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2014
Suzanne Regan
"Decent Hotel next to Acropolis"
Pictures make this hotel seem a lot nicer than it is. Prob more like a 3.5 star hotel. All common areas of the hotel are super nice. Rooms are relatively big but very dated. Needs a remodel. Extremely close to the acropolis which was an added plus.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Max
"Great value, location. Magnifiisant view"
Don't ask the stag for dinner recommendation or restaurant. Don't ask the staff for taxi. It cont three euro more
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Sam
"Close to sights"
Great hotel, friendly staff - pool was a great central point for meeting friends. View from hotel bar/restaurant was outstanding!
3 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2014
DaveO
"Royal Olympic stay"
Good hotel good location,pool was not that great the carpet from the room smelled but I might consider coming back to the hotel
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Just great!"
close to many attractions, the hotel is right behind the Temple of Zeus. In the rest/bar in the roof top the view of the Acropolis is amazing. Also walking distance to the Plaka. And lots of restaurants around it. The hotel is fascinating. My room was great, very comfortable, plenty of room. The Pool area is not as big as you would like but it does its job pretty well. The View from our room was to the Temple of Zeus. The Room and hotel was extremely clean, well preserved and cared for. Although in front to a busy street, the rooms are very quiet.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2014
"Great location and value"
The hotel is exceptionally convenient to the main attractions in Athens. The quality is excellent, especially given the reasonable price.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Connie
"Gorgeous Accommodations in the Heart of Athens"
This Hotel is GORGEOUS! Me and my friends spent 10 days abroad touring Turkey and Greece and this was by far the nicest place we stayed in. The rooms are cleanest I have seen in eastern Europe. The lobby is beautiful. The pool is also gorgeous but they have limited lounge space so if you want a chair you'll have to get there early. They have a rooftop lounge and dining area which you have to check out even if it is only for a minute to take a picture of the beautiful Parthenon and Temple of Zeus. The best part about this hotel is that it is walking distance to the major sites in Athens AKA the Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Syntagma Square (shopping/ restaurant district) and the First Olympic Stadium. The convenience of this location cannot be beat! The only hic-up we had was that I booked a "double room" which is meant for 2 people, where as the description/ picture I saw when I was booking was of 2 double beds (which would have been perfect for me and my 2 friends.) but when I got to reception they were going to charge me 50 extra euros to put a cot in the room - luckily the receptionist worked it out and got us a king bed for no extra money and we were so tired we didn't care at that point and slept comfortably.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Very Good Location"
This hotel has a very good location. swimming pool is small, and has small sunny area. Staff is friendly, but when I asked for late check-out, didn't even give me 30min. Over all, good hotel for good location.
6 night trip Aug 19, 2014
ninos
Common areas of hotel are beautiful but rooms are outdated
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
"Great Location, Room Disappoints"
Location is perfect, near many sights and the Plaka. Rooftop Bar/Restaurant has fantastic views in the evening. Small pool. Unfortunately, room is very small, our cruise cabin was larger! We had to step over our luggage to get to the restroom and couldn't unpack due to lack of storage.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2014