All hotels in Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
1 W Exchange St, Providence, RI, 02903, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad internet service
"A great repeat"
My second stay at the Omni. It is a very well run, beautiful hotel with an extremely friendly staff.
2 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Clark
"First time at the Omni"
It was an awesome stay. Everything was great !
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Latavia
"Love this place!"
Romantic getaway! Love this hotel. The only downside to this place is the way it's built, meaning, the hotel is a bit of a maze. Otherwise, love this place and will definitely be back for another romantic weekend!
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Andrea
Everything was good except the parking, I thought it was free... It was very expensive and the valet parking was unreasonable expensive!! I would have stay there again if the parking was free!!
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Cynthia
"Xmas at the Omni"
Wonderful stay and very festive lobby. Convenient to get to our family's home easy in and easy out!!! Roommate rate made it all even better!!
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Howard
The bed was sagging and not too comfortable! Bathroom door sticks,hard to close!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Let down by noises and cleanliness"
We were looking forward to night away from kids and some extra sleep. Unfortunately the heating system kept us up all night with loud thumping noise so good sleep did not happen and we discovered in the morning that the shower had not been cleaned, with hair all over wall and in drain. Very dissatisfied. Staff was very courteous when we notified them of our experience and discounted us appropriately. Little hesitant to stay here again.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
"Fantastic Stay!"
Beautiful hotel, comfortable beds, large room, awesome workout facility, centrally located, clean, safe area, easy walking distance to Shopping, Restaurants, Coffee shops.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Holiday get away"
Stayed before at your hotel..good location. Had pizza delivered and enjoyed time at pool after see a holiday play..made the most out of stay and hotel...
Response by Omni Providence Hotel
We are pleased to hear that you had a great holiday getaway. Thanks so much for returning to our hotel, we appreciate the continued business. We hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"My omni trip"
I had a great time and it was such a relaxing place to be at. My girlfriend and i had a lot of fun
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
The location was good for walking around Providence. The hotel needs some updates. Also road construction going on all night long which was very loud. Also being this time of year there were many holiday parties and lots of drunks Saturday night which was also really loud. Finally called the front desk at 2am and asked them to tell the people across the hall to quiet down. They took care of the problem and also slipped a "sorry" note under the door. The hotel was okay but not what we expected from An Omni Hotel.
Response by Omni Providence Hotel
We are so sorry to hear of the noise the disturbances you encountered during your stay with us. We take all guest complaints seriously as we want everyone to have a great experience when staying at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that the security team was able to assist. In the future please do not hesitate to contact the FD sooner.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
"Nice hotel nice location."
Nice hotel in a great location. Beds were comfortable and rooms were really nice.
Response by Omni Providence Hotel
Thanks for the 5! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found the rooms comfortable. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
Anthony
Stay was great disappointed we had to pay for wifi
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Excellent Hotel"
In town for the Patriots game. Hotel is right next to bars and restaurants, and about a 5 minute walk from the Patriots Train to Foxboro. Must stay.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2015
Joshua
The hotel was very pretty just as the pictures depict it. I felt the room was very average, nothing special at all about it. I don't mind the price as the location and connection to the mall makes it worth it. Everything from dinner to shopping and nightlife is all within walking distance.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
"Omni Providence"
We stayed at the Omni as our daughter had a gymnastics meet in the Convention Center. Since the Omni was connected through a walkway we chose it and were pleased with the overall accommodations. Had dinner that night at the Italian restaurant Centro and had a very good meal. Would definitely stay there again when back in Providence.
Response by Omni Providence Hotel
Thank you for a great review. We are happy our hotel was a convenient location for your daughters gymnastics competition. Please come again soon.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Jay
"Omni really does have it all."
Visited overnight for trip from Maine to Univ. Rhode Island. Stately hotel in middle of downtown.Great views of downtown Providence. Nice access to parking garage and mall via skybridge without setting foot outside. Friendly staff and good value price for this luxurious hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Edward
"An unwelcome surprise"
We have booked many fine hotels through hotels.com before, including this particular Omni in Providence. This was the first (and hopefully last time) we felt unwelcome: when the receptionist discovered that we did not book through the hotel's website, we were explicitly admonished we should have booked through the Omni web site: We were stripped of our privileges as returning Omni Gold members and "dumped" into a room right next to the elevator. As a "one-time gesture" we were "graciously" given free wiFi access, although according to the written terms this privilege is extended to all "select guests", irrespective of how they booked their rooms. The room itself was spacious, the bedding good, the amenities limited but OK, housekeeping was very friendly, but not so the staff at the front desk, neither during check-in nor during check-out.
Response by Omni Providence Hotel
Please accept our apologies for the level of service provided during check in/out. Unfortunately, like most loyalty programs, the benefits do not extend to bookings made through third party websites. We hope you will give us another try in the future so we can make up for any short comings from this trip.
4 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Clean, comfortable and very nice staff
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2015
Very nice hotel, especially the lobby area. Beds were very comfortable but bring your own pillow. Too soft for my liking. We had a fabulous dinner at Centro but their breakfast buffet was more than a little lacking. For $21.00 per person I expected higher quality food than what they served.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Samuel
"Card holds"
Everything lived up to the reviews but I just wasn't comfortable them charging my debit card twice without full explanation. I understand they might have holds but they definitely need better communication at the front desk.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Karissa
Great room but disappointed that we have to pay for daily wifi which is a common free service now a days in all hotels
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
"Wish we could stay longer!"
Excellent hotel. Attached to Providence Place mall. Down the street to great restaurants and Trinity Rep. Theater. Perfect spot and a wonderful hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"Thanksgiving Night"
We stayed only one night following a Thanksgiving gathering nearby. It was probably more quiet than normal - felt like we practically had the place to ourselves. Everyone was very pleasant and the room was very quiet and comfortable.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Service was great! Seamless!
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
"Very Nice Omni"
Very Nice Omni. Nice service; very clean and comfortable.
1 night business trip Nov 22, 2015
MICHAEL
Overnight stay to see a show at the PPAC-hotel was within walking distance to PPAC. Safe walk; close to local restaurants before the show. Great bar for after the show cocktails!! Comfortable beds-nice breakfast buffet in 2nd floor restaurant. No free wi-fi....
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
"Unhappy."
The main reason I chose Omni over the others was the pool and guess what the pool was closed for maintenance ??? I was not advised of this. Also my internet was locked onto their site trying to sell premium services the only way I could free myself was to turn off wi fi.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
thomas
We stay every year for Comic Con and it is always a great stay. The rooms are big and it is so hard leaving the comfortable beds in the morning. The only negative is the outside noise, even from the 11th floor you can hear street traffic. The hotel has connectors to both the RI Convention Center and Providence Place so even if the weather is bad you can easily get to those locations without having to bundle up.
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Rebecca
"comfortable"
Very comfortable
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
From the moment we checked in until we left two days later, it was a wonderful experience. Upon checking in on Thursday, Rita was working the front desk. We spoke about our visit and why we were in town. I told her we were finalizing our guardianship of three children from Rhode Island. After we arrived in our room which was thoroughly clean and furnished nicely, we received a delivery. It was a fruit basket, cookies, milk, water.. all compliments of the front desk. They were congratulating and thanking my husband and I for caring for the children. Rita, you are incredible and thank you. As for the rest of our stay, the kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. It was a wonderful convenience to be connected to the mall. Even though it is connected to the convention center, it was so quiet. Omni was a great place and will definitely go there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
The employees were terrific, the restaurant was the best, but the shower head was at least 7 feet high with no hand held attachment for a shorter person, the towels were around the corner, or you could hang one on a hook almost 4 feet away, no mirror space for a spouse to get ready at the same time. You really ought to consider these basics. Flemings was just so so. Bar chairs really need replaced. These remarks are meant to help
Response by Omni Providence Hotel
Thank you for recognizing our associates and the great service they provide. Your comments and feedback regarding the rooms have been shared with the appropriate departments for review.
3 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
Tommy
"GREAT LOATION"
HAIR SHOW MALL VERY CONVIENT
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
debra
"Girls' Weekend"
Girls weekend with my niece and her daughter. It was cold in Providence but thanks to the covered bridge connecting the Providence Mall with the hotel we never had to go outside. We left heavy coats in the room. There are plenty of restaurants for sit down meals or there is a food court. Mall also has movies. Convenient to the Amtrak train station or the bus station.
Response by Omni Providence Hotel
Thanks your the positive review. We are so happy to hear the girls weekend was a success. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
"Excellent Stay"
Excellent service and location!!
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
LUIS A
I was in Providence to visit family. The location was amazing - right in the middle of downtown within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions. The room was immaculate and the beds and bedding super comfortable
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
"I can't wait to come back here!"
Great hotel. They have an excellent staff, superb amenities, and a great cigar bar
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Average"
After a two night stay at this hotel which didn't started "right" I'm still wondering which hotel AAA actually reviewed and awarded 4 diamonds to because this hotel certainly isn't of that caliber even though the plaque on the side wall of the hotel says otherwise. Such establishment is also required to have a certain amount of finesse that I just didn't find. I was first checked in to a room that honestly was not acceptable, though I would say I had called the hotel in advance for an early check-in around noon and they honored. First room was in the interior of the hotel, frosted windows that allow light in but nothing to look at, sort of like being in a basement. The phone didn't work to call the front dest to try to change rooms so had to go to the desk once again. Desk service was pleasant but very green, not empowered do do right as had to get the manager, explained what they were going to do in technical hotel jargon but wasn't able to help me with my basic need in addition to the room change. I was there for a wedding and when inquired if while inspecting the new room they could get some items to housekeeping for pressing was told no, I had to be checked-in! What? you already have my credit card and am registered! In the end, I ironed my own things, I guess they didn't want more money nor the opportunity for me to tip someone for providing the service. Valet not organized, check-in bellman outstanding! Furnishings, nothing special same as a limited service hotel
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
Hector
"Discount Consumed by Hidden Charges"
Booked the Omni Providence through Hotels.com, because, even though the discounted price was still $200 per night, it was about $50 less than regular price at the Omni or other nice hotels in the downtown area. But buyer beware: you're stiffed by unexpected costs at every turn. Parking in the convention center parking is $18 per each time you drive in and out within 24 hours, and $18 per day, if you leave your car parked there throughout your stay. You can pay for valet parking, but I hear it's more expensive. They also charge you for WiFi. Yes, that's right folks, welcome to 2002. You know that free WiFi you get EVERYWHERE else, including the Motel 6 in Podunk Iowa? It's 9.99 per day EVEN IF you select the minimum grade. They didn't tell me at login that there even was a cost, much less how much it was. And room service charged the usual arm and leg for two cokes and a glass of mediocre wine, and then added both a service charge and a delivery fee on top, but then still expected a tip. I live in New York and tip generously. But what the heck is a service charge and a delivery fee if not a TIP? The room was pleasantly average. The front desk staff was coldly polite, and scripted, and were thrown off by uncommon questions or concerns, which is odd for an otherwise disarmingly friendly and gracious town like Providence.
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"Not worth the price"
The hotel was ok. Great location but they had no shuttles to the theater district which was disappointing as most other hotels did. The bed was the most uncomortable hotel bed I've ever slept in in my entire life. It dipped and sagged and the pillows were like sleeping on nothing (which is what I ended up doing). Next time I stay in Providence it will not be here.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Lindsey
"Another one night in Providence"
Providence is a great little City, and the Omni is smack dab in the center of it all. Federal Hill isn't ten minutes away, walking. And you're in "downtown". Huge Mall, high ends stores. Surrounded by we'll know restaurants and great city bars. It is stuck to the City's Convention Center, so be ware of anything going on in there. Huge convention hotel, but still busy with travelers and tourists. Lay out of the room is why I didn't give it a 4.0. The bathroom door slaps into the closet door, both blocking the room's door. Here's a plus; terrific views and you can open their windows! Nice. And self-park. It's a half block away, again attached to the Omni, and it saves you ten bucks. But you lose in-and-out if you need it during your stay.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Great staff, faded room"
Upon check in, we were warmly greeted. However, the promised "kids pack" was unavailable. My daughter was disappointed because I told her to leave art stuff at home, so she had nothing to do while I got ready for events over the weekend. Later that evening, the promised kid cookies were never delivered. In the room, we found 2 fluffy bathrobes, but no slippers so we walked sockless in sneakers to the pool...down the hallways and in the elevator. Weird. Also, when the bathrobes were removed from the closet, a large dusty venting panel fell off the inside closet wall. It had been held in place by the robes. This was addressed immediately by hotel staff. Finally, although a mini fridge was in room, it had nothing in it! What good is a mini fridge for one weekend without snacks?!
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
"M Lopes"
I liked staying at Omni Providance. The room was a little small but great. The room was very clean, fresh towels and bathrobes, and Wolfpuck coffee was great. The staff was helpful (even at 2am) and the hotel was in a great location. If you want save about $17 in parking, park in the convention center parking lot, near the elevator, and walk the 100 ft to the front door.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Mario T
"Great stay in Providence"
In town for a wedding, great location, walkway to mall
1 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Awesome
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
"Disappointing expereince."
I've stayed at Omni Hotels before and was a little disappointed in the service and location of this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2015
KARL S
"A Beautiful Hotel, A Few Things Missing"
The Omni is a beautiful hotel in a perfect location. My room was large and comfortable, as was the bathroom. I would have liked free wi-fi, and cell phone service in the room. Mostly, I would have liked brighter lights in the room! Other hotels have those things, and a lower room rate.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2015
"Omni Providence"
My only minor complaints are (1) windows were overdue for a cleaning, (2)they missed a couple spots in the bathroom and (3) the key carding in the elevator is annoying. But, those are picky observations. Overall, my stay went well and I was very please with the location, service and overall comfort of the hotel.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Grant
although it wasn't the best scenic view and there was a prejudice bar on the corner (Blakes Tavern) the staff and hotel made up for it.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2015
Great location, convenient for convention center, parking and shopping. Nice lobby, my room had a pretty view and the room service was uneventful. Would stay here again.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2015