All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here800 16th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20006, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Almost Perfect"
Everything was great except the room we booked was a king and they tried to put us in a double which doesn't work, but they worked it out for a modest upgrade in price. The people who work there are wonderful as is the White House location.
6 night romance trip May 10, 2015
jack
"Overrated. Not worth the price."
Not exactly sure why this hotel is rated so high.. The bed was uncomfortable and hard. I had to unplug a lamp just to find a working outlet in the room. The room was small and noisy as can be. Floor squeaking was loud as can be. Our window was so close to the adjacent office building that I actually sat in on a board meeting from my hotel window. Outside noise was constant till about 2am, the outside noise was so loud that I had to double check the windows were closed. The staff was friendly, that's really the only good thing I can say about our stay. Super disappointing.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Stuffy Hotel"
The Hay Adams is a wonderful old hotel. The only thing that I think they could do better on is the stuffiness of the hotel and bar. I'm glad I stayed there but I would be moving on in the future!
4 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
"Pacrim"
Amazing
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Veth
"Hay Adams"
Staff is great, great location, but walls are paper thin = no sleep thanks to the guest next door who partied all night.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
"Great stay quiet elegance"
Quite and classic
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Denise
"Luxury without attitude"
The Hay-Adams is an iconic hotel that has it all, but the real star in this 5 star hotel is the warmth and genuine friendliness of the staff.
4 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
joanne
"anonymous"
Only problem was that i thought room service was a little over priced and there weren't many restaurants close by which was important given the very cold weather
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Willard
"DC Visit"
We went to DC to spend time with our son that attends CUA. We loved the hotel because it was clean, service was excellent and personalized. The dining area is nice for any meal. The breakfast was excellent. I think we tried everything in the menu. Their pancakes are awesome. Beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. Great to stay at a place were they call you by your name.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Ena
"Lovely stay, very amenable staff"
2 great restaurants in the hotel, one formal dining room, one casual.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
mid 50s
"A classic that has endured over the years"
Just finished our second visit to the Hay Adams and it again met all of our expectations. Staff is outstanding and very attuned to the needs of the guests. Rooms are immaculate and are cleaned twice a day. Can't beat the location. Restaurant is excellent but don't expect to walk in without a reservation.
"One of the best in the country!"
Absolutely awesome hotel! We had a junior suite directly overlooking the White House. Saw Marine One land, snowstorm, etc. The bar and restaurant were great. Staff was superb. By far the best hotel to stay at in Washington DC.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Hotel is across the street from the White House and walking distance to some great restaurants. We spent 2 nights and had a wonderful time.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Fabulous staff, beautiful hotel"
I travel quite a bit so I have stayed probably in over 50 different hotels, anything between 3 and 5 stars, in the US and overseas. I MUST say this was one of my favorite hotels! Decided to spend our anniversary in DC to lounge and relax, made last minute reservation, but the hotel staff did everything possible to make our stay memorable, from the check in to check out. Given that I have traveled quite a bit, I can be picky but the staff at this hotel made sure all our questions were promptly answered. When there was confusion about the price of the water from the fridge in the room, this was quickly rectified, they even treated us for a nice anniversary surprise, which was a TOTAL SURPRISE. Food in the bar was really good. Most importantly, I hope that the person at the front desk, I believe by the name Jareau, is rewarded for his great attitude, smile, and his drive to make our stay memorable. What a relief to meet such great staff, especially Jareau. The person at the front desk (Jareau) is a KEEPER and I would hire him on the spot if I could :)
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
mariusz
Everything was great except for when we was checking out and a guy at the door was trying too hard. I told him my last name and we had a driver waiting for us in a Black Cadillac XTS. The man at the hotel ask my driver what his name is and said i asked what my driver name is. I like hard worker but don't go over board because someone had a driver. He made me have to explain to my driver that I didn't want to know his name and appreciated the driver and his company. Besides that everything was great.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Top notch service"
Most amazing staff. Highest level of service of any 5 star hotel.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Allen
"WONDERFUL!!!"
EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT !!!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Capitol choice"
The Hay-Adams could coast on its location alone - it's so near the White House you could wave to the President, window to window. But it's pretty perfect in every other respect. Friendly, efficient, luxurious, spotless, and featuring a world-class bar in the basement that clearly attracts clientele from over the road, if not the Prez himself.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"A charming hotel close to the White House."
This is a wonderful old hotel in a great location.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Beautiful room - pleasant stay - highly recommend"
This hotel is located across from the White House. It is First Class all the way - the staff & service was excellent. Also, has a five star dining room, which was a highlight of my visit. Like the hotel the dining service & food was impeccable.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, great location, very thin walls !"
We loved the location and everyone was exceptionally kind! Honesty the only negative I have is that we heard every movement above us and every single sound in the hall. Not sure I would stay there again strictly based on those things.
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Kimberly
"Unsatisfying"
Arrived at 5pm and one of our two rooms was not ready. Even though the check-in was 3pm, the front desk said they had a late check-out so our room wasn't yet cleaned. When we finally did gain entry, we noticed the room smelled like cigarette smoke. Again, even though it's a non-smoking hotel, obviously someone violated that policy and was not reprimanded. Thus, the following guest (us) were subject to the lack of enforcement of rules by Hay-Adams. Otherwise, room was clean and bed was comfortable.
"highly recommended!"
This hotel is very clean and everything they do, they do 100% and with attention to detail. The staff are courteous and professional, including the cleaning staff. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. Room service is outstanding and the food was excellent, with some offerings available 24 hrs. Some rooms have a view and others do not so be sure of what you are reserving if this matters to you. The neighborhood near the White House is convenient to everything, but not the best place to walk around at night.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Looking to be a neighbor of the White House"
Five star treatment all the way... There is.no place i would rather stay, i will be back!!!
4 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Sean
"amazing location"
Beautiful hotel, great location, charming staff. Delicious food in stylish restaurant.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Need coffee maker in room.great food and bar.
3 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"Best location in DC"
The staff was incredible. The location is superb. Loved every minute of it.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Anne
"Worth the extra bucks!"
This is an elegant traditional luxury hotel. The service was top notch and our room was very comfortable and so much nicer than other "cookie cutter" luxury hotels. I have just three rather minor criticisms of the hotel: First, the overnight parking rate was rather hefty, so I would advise you to call and ask about this before hand - the hotel is very close to the Metro and a car really is not essential. Second, many of the rooms (including ours) look out directly into the windows of an office building next door, so before booking a room you should inquire about the view. My third criticism is that I would not expect such a luxurious hotel to have one of those awful mini bar refrigerators with no space for anything but what is sold. My son needs to take medication with milk first thing in the morning and there was no space to store even a pint bottle.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
michelle
"A fantastic hotel!"
My family and I recently stayed at the Hay-Adams for four nights. This was my daughters' first visit to Washington D.C. From the moment you arrive, you are struck by the grandeur of the property. Our room and bathroom were immaculate, the beds, sheets and pillows luxurious. The staff is accommodating and friendly. We were especially impressed with Nick McLaughlin. He was pleasant, personable, professional and happy to "go the extra mile" - from arranging for us to use the hotel's bikes, adjusting the bikes, offering the use of the hotel's board games on a rainy morning, suggesting activities and restaurants for us - no detail was too small. We will stay at the Hay-Adams in the future and will enthusiastically recommend it to our friends and family!
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
T.U.
"Pleasant Hotel"
Our experience with the hotel was very pleasant but we found that most things were very expensive, especially dining.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Fantastic! Exceeded expectations"
Fantastic faculty ! Comfortable clean exceeded expectations
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
kristina
"Best hotel ever"
Got this reservation for a family vacation, and I can't imagine anything better than Hay-Adams. Everything every details is perfect. Location wise, it s very connivence for tourist as well.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Yiwen
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We arrived at 12:30 p.m. with the expectation of parking the car and leaving our bags with front desk due to our early arrival. To our surprise, the room was ready and we checked right in. Everyone from the car attendant to the front desk were pleasant and most helpful. Enjoyed the room service too. Definitely will return.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
L Tomlin
"Great hotel in the heart of DC"
Great location, clean and comfy room. This hotel is on the expensive side and did not come with a view.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
My parents stayed there and had a wonderful experience. Their room was automatically upgraded b/c a better room was available and the room was exquisite. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Courtney
"Really nice"
Mega luxurious, great location, and helpful people at front desk, valet area
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Exemplary service is alive and well in DC"
The Hay-Adams has a legendary reputation for excellence in DC. When we learned it was available on hotels.com for the nights we were searching for, we knew we had to choose it. Our experience was excellent from check-in to check-out. The staff are friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The rooms are comfortable, luxurious, and meticulously cleaned and maintained. And the location was perfect for our purposes. Thanks for making our stay happily memorable.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
"Love this hotel!"
This is simply a great hotel. Nice, nice people, great location, great rooms, super-nice cleaning staff, cookies at check in desk, knowledgeable concierge steered us to all the right places -- everything about it is first class. Love this hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Tara Pope
Very good experience. The hotel staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome the minute we stepped into the hotel. The location of the hotel is excellent.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Perfect!"
It is a truly beautiful hotel with an amazing location: next door to the White House! Service is exceptional, rooms are beautiful and comfortable. Our stay was everything what you would expect from the five-star-rated hotel. We absolutely enjoyed our time and will stay here on our next visit.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Alia
Perfect location, great staff, lovely room ~ we could not have been more pleased.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"A Very Special Birthday"
Decided to treat myself for my 36th birthday. Arrived at the hotel, and everything was perfection! It is all old school glamour and service; greeted by name and with a smile, doors opened, turn down service, staff going the extra mile to ensure that my birthday was indeed a special one. When the size of my original room was mentioned as being a tad small (and really even that room would have been ok, it was still beautifully appointed but do to the nature of the building itself some rooms will be small), that said, I was immediately contacted and presented with alternative room options and then moved to the most beautiful room; spacious, resplendent with sunshine streaming through large windows framing an unobstructed view of the white house. But beyond what could be seen it was the little things found rare at some of the chain hotels making the stay truly memorable; the bed was by far the most comfortable bed on which I have ever slept, the towels softer, the toiletries refined, the wake-up calls orchestrated by an actual person with a pleasant voice - not an automated stuttering computerized response. The walls must be sound proof because I felt beautifully cocooned in that magnificent room; listening to the John Coltrane CD (one of many provided next to the streamlined Bose sound system). As a caretaker for others, what I was looking for most was a few days of being taken care of - and the Hay Adams truly delivered.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Samantha
"A great Splurge"
The hotel was beautiful, from the entrance to rooms. Staff was ever so helpful. Next door to the White House - if you take a room on 'H' street, you get a view of the park and through the trees = the White House. Or just walk across the street. About 2 blocks from 2 different Metro stations. Several restaurants within the block - at different price ranges. 24 hr gym and business center. It was worth the extra money...we'd go back. Even the slippers get their our floor towel.
2 night family trip May 28, 2014
Yvonne
"Best address next to 1600 Pennsylvania ave"
Steps from the White House, highly attentive staff, meticulously clean rooms
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
very good
2 night trip May 16, 2014
richard glanton
"Classic hotel."
One of the great old hotels in DC. Great location near the White House. Well appointed rooms. Very courteous staff and very attentive. Dining Room is not to be missed. Food and service were outstanding.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"The most glamorous part of DC"
We felt like royalty at the Hay Adams. The dining room for breakfast, although pricey is not to be missed. Can't beat the location, directly across from the White House. A real treat.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Beautiful boutique hotel near the white house."
We had a lovely experience here. The location was great. The room was nice and super comfy. I love the property. The only downfall was the view. We looked at the building next door. I wish we could have had the beautiful view, but I was too tired to change rooms. I'd stay there again definitely.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Nicol
"Remarkable staff"
There are many exceptional hotels in DC, but HA attends to you in a way that makes you feel like part of the family. Will not stray from here ever!
Other trip May 11, 2014
Great really great sorry I don't have time to write any more I said it was great and you asked for more
Other trip May 11, 2014