All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
800 16th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20006, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
Fantastic hotel and great location. Some rooms overlook the White House. The staff is top notch, and remember your name soon after you check in. I'll be going back.
4 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Definitely would choose this hotel again!"
Excellent from valet to check in to room service. Very helpful, friendly, informative and efficient.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Lori
"Wonderful Hotel"
Our third time stopping at this hotel we love the rooms and decor the beautiful flowers in reception,and most of all we love the turn down service!!! When in DC we always stop at the Hay Adams its true luxury.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Carl
"Excellent stay"
This was our first stay at the Hay-Adams. We wanted to try out another hotel. We usually stay at the Willard. The room was nice. The staff were all great. Check-in was fast. Room service was great, and the staff at the "Off the Record" were excellent. The food was excellent too. It is a little further away from the museums, but worth the extra walk to us. We will be back.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Dennis
"I loved it!"
I had an amazing stay at the Hay-Adams. It was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed. The service was impeccable. The lady from concierge desk was very helpful and friendly. All the servers at the restaurant were amazing as well. I just love the interior of the room. I will definitely want to stay there again when I'm back in DC.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2015
"Lovely stay in DC. Will return to Hay Adams"
The service was exceptional. The breakfast were wonderful. We found the bathroom too small and bed too soft. Despite that, we would return.
4 night family trip May 20, 2015
"Almost Perfect"
Everything was great except the room we booked was a king and they tried to put us in a double which doesn't work, but they worked it out for a modest upgrade in price. The people who work there are wonderful as is the White House location.
6 night romance trip May 10, 2015
jack
"Overrated. Not worth the price."
Not exactly sure why this hotel is rated so high.. The bed was uncomfortable and hard. I had to unplug a lamp just to find a working outlet in the room. The room was small and noisy as can be. Floor squeaking was loud as can be. Our window was so close to the adjacent office building that I actually sat in on a board meeting from my hotel window. Outside noise was constant till about 2am, the outside noise was so loud that I had to double check the windows were closed. The staff was friendly, that's really the only good thing I can say about our stay. Super disappointing.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Stuffy Hotel"
The Hay Adams is a wonderful old hotel. The only thing that I think they could do better on is the stuffiness of the hotel and bar. I'm glad I stayed there but I would be moving on in the future!
4 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
"Wonderful!!"
Lived up to all my expectations. Staff, lobby, restaurant, room.....all lovely.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
sandy
"Pacrim"
Amazing
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Veth
"One of the best locations in DC"
Beautiful, historic, clean with an excellent staff. A minimum of four people in the lobby opening the double doors & greeting guests, handling luggage. Downstairs, the bar tender Marco was great. The hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, monuments and of course the white house. Being so close, we watched the presidential motorcade. The lobby is small. There is no place to linger, take in the atmosphere or have a coffee but you can go to the dining room when open. We had mid morning coffee there but the waiter seemed put out that we didn't order food. The china was beautiful but one saucer was chipped and another in our group was given a lipstick stained coffee cup. We did not go back but instead went to the Willard Hotel for afternoon coffee. Our room was small, the view was the office building next door. No coffee maker. The bathroom tiny. The décor was pretty and the bed very comfortable. The turndown service is really nice - music, slippers, chocolate. I inquired as to a room with a better view but that was an additional charge. There was no tour of the roof to view the White House. We asked twice & both days they were "setting up" for an event. I would stay again but if I was traveling with children I would look for a hotel that offered more space inside, a pool, garden or outside seating. We weren't told of a fitness center & didn't see one. The staff makes this hotel special. They are exceptional.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Jo
"VERY Disappointing visit"
We had 2 rooms booked at the Hay-Adams for the Saturday of Easter weekend. Check-in was to be at 3:00pm. We arrived early so stored our bags at the hotel and walked around D.C.for two hours until the rooms were ready. Neither was ready however, yet one party after another was checking into their rooms while we waited.. The woman at the desk said that it would be a while. and that if we were willing to up-grade at a substantially higher that she could give us 2 orooms right away. I told her that we had already paid for both rooms and that we were not interested in paying more.. I DO understand that Easter weekend is a hectic time and things can go wrong. The snooty woman at the desk then told me and said that the credit card we had given for "incidental expenses" had been turned down..I suggested that she try it again because there should have been no problem whatsoever with the card. Then I realized that we had gotten a very good price on the hotel room through Expedia, and that the Hay-Adams would rather have sold it at full price over this busy weekend, not at a discounted price. I think that their aim was to make it so difficult that we would leave, or pay the additional expense of an up-grade. No doubt in my mind that this was the situation. .Finally we got in the rooms. They told us someone would bring us ice right away . No ice ever arrived, no surprise. A disappointing experience. Poor service from woman at desk, however others were most pleasant. Will not return..
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Molly
The staff was exceptional. I felt like royalty in their professional hands.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"We had a lovely stay."
The facilities, staff and accommodation surpassed our expectations. Will definitely return when next in Washington DC. Highly recommend this wonderful hotel.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Nice hotel. Close to White House."
A WONDERFUL HOTEL. VERY COMFORTABLE AND BEAUTIFUL. THE ROOMS ARE LARGE AND VERY CLEAN. Staff Helpful and friendly. Location superb. The restaurant is very good and the food is delicious. Highly recommend to all
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
inessa
"Hay Adams"
Staff is great, great location, but walls are paper thin = no sleep thanks to the guest next door who partied all night.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Staff was outstanding. Location was perfect. Food was wonderful. NO COMMENT bar was great. I will they would have a mattress to match the quality of the hotel.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Great Hotel and staff, although we got stuck next to very noisy neighbors . Had to call security
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Great stay quiet elegance"
Quite and classic
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Denise
"Luxury without attitude"
The Hay-Adams is an iconic hotel that has it all, but the real star in this 5 star hotel is the warmth and genuine friendliness of the staff.
4 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
joanne
"anonymous"
Only problem was that i thought room service was a little over priced and there weren't many restaurants close by which was important given the very cold weather
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Willard
"DC Visit"
We went to DC to spend time with our son that attends CUA. We loved the hotel because it was clean, service was excellent and personalized. The dining area is nice for any meal. The breakfast was excellent. I think we tried everything in the menu. Their pancakes are awesome. Beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. Great to stay at a place were they call you by your name.
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Ena
"Lovely stay, very amenable staff"
2 great restaurants in the hotel, one formal dining room, one casual.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
mid 50s
"A classic that has endured over the years"
Just finished our second visit to the Hay Adams and it again met all of our expectations. Staff is outstanding and very attuned to the needs of the guests. Rooms are immaculate and are cleaned twice a day. Can't beat the location. Restaurant is excellent but don't expect to walk in without a reservation.
"One of the best in the country!"
Absolutely awesome hotel! We had a junior suite directly overlooking the White House. Saw Marine One land, snowstorm, etc. The bar and restaurant were great. Staff was superb. By far the best hotel to stay at in Washington DC.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Hotel is across the street from the White House and walking distance to some great restaurants. We spent 2 nights and had a wonderful time.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Fabulous staff, beautiful hotel"
I travel quite a bit so I have stayed probably in over 50 different hotels, anything between 3 and 5 stars, in the US and overseas. I MUST say this was one of my favorite hotels! Decided to spend our anniversary in DC to lounge and relax, made last minute reservation, but the hotel staff did everything possible to make our stay memorable, from the check in to check out. Given that I have traveled quite a bit, I can be picky but the staff at this hotel made sure all our questions were promptly answered. When there was confusion about the price of the water from the fridge in the room, this was quickly rectified, they even treated us for a nice anniversary surprise, which was a TOTAL SURPRISE. Food in the bar was really good. Most importantly, I hope that the person at the front desk, I believe by the name Jareau, is rewarded for his great attitude, smile, and his drive to make our stay memorable. What a relief to meet such great staff, especially Jareau. The person at the front desk (Jareau) is a KEEPER and I would hire him on the spot if I could :)
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
mariusz
Everything was great except for when we was checking out and a guy at the door was trying too hard. I told him my last name and we had a driver waiting for us in a Black Cadillac XTS. The man at the hotel ask my driver what his name is and said i asked what my driver name is. I like hard worker but don't go over board because someone had a driver. He made me have to explain to my driver that I didn't want to know his name and appreciated the driver and his company. Besides that everything was great.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Top notch service"
Most amazing staff. Highest level of service of any 5 star hotel.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Allen
"WONDERFUL!!!"
EVERYTHING WAS EXCELLENT !!!
2 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Capitol choice"
The Hay-Adams could coast on its location alone - it's so near the White House you could wave to the President, window to window. But it's pretty perfect in every other respect. Friendly, efficient, luxurious, spotless, and featuring a world-class bar in the basement that clearly attracts clientele from over the road, if not the Prez himself.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
"A charming hotel close to the White House."
This is a wonderful old hotel in a great location.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Beautiful room - pleasant stay - highly recommend"
This hotel is located across from the White House. It is First Class all the way - the staff & service was excellent. Also, has a five star dining room, which was a highlight of my visit. Like the hotel the dining service & food was impeccable.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Beautiful hotel, great location, very thin walls !"
We loved the location and everyone was exceptionally kind! Honesty the only negative I have is that we heard every movement above us and every single sound in the hall. Not sure I would stay there again strictly based on those things.
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Kimberly
"Unsatisfying"
Arrived at 5pm and one of our two rooms was not ready. Even though the check-in was 3pm, the front desk said they had a late check-out so our room wasn't yet cleaned. When we finally did gain entry, we noticed the room smelled like cigarette smoke. Again, even though it's a non-smoking hotel, obviously someone violated that policy and was not reprimanded. Thus, the following guest (us) were subject to the lack of enforcement of rules by Hay-Adams. Otherwise, room was clean and bed was comfortable.
"highly recommended!"
This hotel is very clean and everything they do, they do 100% and with attention to detail. The staff are courteous and professional, including the cleaning staff. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. Room service is outstanding and the food was excellent, with some offerings available 24 hrs. Some rooms have a view and others do not so be sure of what you are reserving if this matters to you. The neighborhood near the White House is convenient to everything, but not the best place to walk around at night.
2 night business trip Nov 15, 2014
"Looking to be a neighbor of the White House"
Five star treatment all the way... There is.no place i would rather stay, i will be back!!!
4 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Sean
"amazing location"
Beautiful hotel, great location, charming staff. Delicious food in stylish restaurant.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Need coffee maker in room.great food and bar.
3 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"Best location in DC"
The staff was incredible. The location is superb. Loved every minute of it.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Anne
"Worth the extra bucks!"
This is an elegant traditional luxury hotel. The service was top notch and our room was very comfortable and so much nicer than other "cookie cutter" luxury hotels. I have just three rather minor criticisms of the hotel: First, the overnight parking rate was rather hefty, so I would advise you to call and ask about this before hand - the hotel is very close to the Metro and a car really is not essential. Second, many of the rooms (including ours) look out directly into the windows of an office building next door, so before booking a room you should inquire about the view. My third criticism is that I would not expect such a luxurious hotel to have one of those awful mini bar refrigerators with no space for anything but what is sold. My son needs to take medication with milk first thing in the morning and there was no space to store even a pint bottle.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
michelle
"A fantastic hotel!"
My family and I recently stayed at the Hay-Adams for four nights. This was my daughters' first visit to Washington D.C. From the moment you arrive, you are struck by the grandeur of the property. Our room and bathroom were immaculate, the beds, sheets and pillows luxurious. The staff is accommodating and friendly. We were especially impressed with Nick McLaughlin. He was pleasant, personable, professional and happy to "go the extra mile" - from arranging for us to use the hotel's bikes, adjusting the bikes, offering the use of the hotel's board games on a rainy morning, suggesting activities and restaurants for us - no detail was too small. We will stay at the Hay-Adams in the future and will enthusiastically recommend it to our friends and family!
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
T.U.
"Pleasant Hotel"
Our experience with the hotel was very pleasant but we found that most things were very expensive, especially dining.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Fantastic! Exceeded expectations"
Fantastic faculty ! Comfortable clean exceeded expectations
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
kristina
"Best hotel ever"
Got this reservation for a family vacation, and I can't imagine anything better than Hay-Adams. Everything every details is perfect. Location wise, it s very connivence for tourist as well.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Yiwen
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We arrived at 12:30 p.m. with the expectation of parking the car and leaving our bags with front desk due to our early arrival. To our surprise, the room was ready and we checked right in. Everyone from the car attendant to the front desk were pleasant and most helpful. Enjoyed the room service too. Definitely will return.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
L Tomlin
"Great hotel in the heart of DC"
Great location, clean and comfy room. This hotel is on the expensive side and did not come with a view.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
My parents stayed there and had a wonderful experience. Their room was automatically upgraded b/c a better room was available and the room was exquisite. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Courtney
"Really nice"
Mega luxurious, great location, and helpful people at front desk, valet area
Other trip Jul 21, 2014