All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
640 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location, friendly staff & service."
Thought the building is old (historical site), they made the rooms modern. Small rooms, but very comfortable bed and pillows....we slept well! Staff was very friendly, kind, and helpful. Front desk, valet, and concierge...all pleasant. Sergio at the conceirge was informative and friendly. We will definetly come stay here again.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Mima
"Typical, old Art Deco hotel in South Beach."
Old hotel, in need of restoration. Room was small, bathroom was smaller. But everything was clean. Great location on South Beach!
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
The rooms are a bit damp, mostly due to the location right next to the water. We had to change our room once, but the staff was very accommodating. The hotel is pretty basic, but nice enough and fantastic location.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Anne Brit
hotel is pretty run down, lots of water stains in lobby, not fancy at all, rooms were the same w water stains and damage painted over, found a pill on the floor when we came in, unmarked glad I left my kid at home, toilet ran constantly, refridge did not work. missing tiles in elevator floor.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
tony
"Not the best on the beach"
This hotel is scheduled for renovation but at this time, the rooms are not nearly to the caliber of the rating on Expedia. My reservation was "lost" on arrival and unfortunately, when the hotel corrected the error, they sent to me to room that was occupied. I was only a two day reservation but when I called to check out, I was told my reservation was only for one night. Another delay while that was corrected. There is no restaurant (the "restaurant" is separate and next door) and there is no coffee--neither in the room nor available in the lobby. Not even water for the guests. Very disappointed with this stay.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Sally
"Close to beach"
Only thing lacking was the availability of beach towels.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
macmillan. .
"Not great"
Good hotel with great staff but the rooms were inaccurately described, very overpriced and not clean.
2 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
"park central so beach"
Great location for NYE in South Beach. Hotel needs upgrading but they are going thru renovation. Staff was friendly and professional. King bed was very comfortable.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
francine
"Best location!"
Hotel was clean and exactly what we needed. The best part was the location! No need to drive anywhere. Just walk out the door and you are at the beach, restaurants, night life and more.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Good Location"
We booked for the last week of the year when rates are high. This was the best deal for a hotel on Ocean. It needs updating and some renovation. Pool does not get sun and is extremely small. It was ok, but I won't stay again or even on Ocean as the restaurants harass you to eat at their place every time you walk by.
Myrna
"Remodel needed"
This hotel has potential to be really great...and a remodel is coming soon that looks fantastic. But right now its looking very old and dingy. The carpet is extremely worn. The room we stayed in was a bit small with a small bathroom. But the ceiling fan and air conditioning was excellent. The location is great and you walk right out of the lobby onto Ocean Drive. I'd recommend waiting until the remodel is finished next year. In the meantime the Hotel is up a few blocks and its already updated along with a fantastic rooftop swimming pool and lounging area.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"A charming art deco survival"
The Park Central is a nostalgic reminder of a colorful and stylish Miami Beach of earlier times, a little timeworn and shabby now, but still great to look at. One funny example: on the third floor there's a grating with the initials PC wrought in iron...installed upside-down! The service is a little sketchy: Room Service forgot the coffee that goes with the continental breakfast, then forgot the milk to go with the coffee. But everyone was very nice, and the coffee and everything else from the restaurant was delicious. We had a room with an ocean view (plus the handicap access that we required), a great location in the middle of everything, including the eye-popping Ocean Drive scene and a great saxophone player who entertains in the evenings. The Park Central was a pleasant surprise in every way.
Ken
"Stay for the location not the hotel"
You really can't beat the location, it is ideal for South Beach. The hotel is just okay. The rooms are small, bathroom is tiny. A lot of this cannot be helped as it is a historic hotel and you do get the sense that it was very special when it was built. The pool is small and no hot tub but it was heated and comfortable. The rooftop is a lovely feature but could use some cleaning and updating. The rooms themselves are VERY dated. Our first room had terrible beds so we asked to be moved and the new beds were better. The staff don't seem to care about the guests. This was a similar attitude we got from all of Miami Beach. Front desk staff were not friendly. The concierge staff were friendly but many seemed to see the guests as people they could make more money from. They referred us to attractions in town that would give them a kick back. We got suckered into an overprice tour by the concierge. We were disappointed. A couple of the older concierge staff were really nice and very helpful. Overall, I expect the hotel is pretty typical for South Beach at that price point. We paid a very high rate because of the timing (just before New Year) but it was way too high for what we got. I would have been much more satisfied with the hotel if my rate had been more reasonable. They say they will be doing renovations soon but for now much of the hotel stands empty with no purpose. There isn't even a hotel bar at the moment.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"The Park Central Hotel in South Beach"
We have been going to The Park Central for 10 years. We love the central location. It is across the street from the ocean. We can walk to many fine restaurants, or take a short cab ride. The Park Central has a delicious steak! But most important is the staff. They treat us like friends.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Carole
"didn't meet our expectations"
cons: The first day of our stay, the room was very small, moist and not clean. The bathroom was very small, didn't have any fan and its door was right next to the bed. The fridge didn't work and there were no coffee machine in the hotel. They claimed it's a historic hotel so that's how it is. But cleanliness is not a modern thing. A bathroom needs a working fan! After we complained several times they changed the room for the next day and it got much better, but still... Pros: Locationwise it was perfect. Less than 1min walk to the beach and lots of good restaurants. Crews at the door were very friendly, nice and helpful. Juan was also a nice manager that helped us to change the room.
2 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2014
"A fine old art deco place to stay"
Considering that this is an old art deco hotel, it was fine. Of course, some repair is needed, but upkeep of these treasures is endless. Service and valet parking ($28) were superb. Great location across from park. Easy walk to beach. Endless sidewalk cafes lure customers.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
"Great location in SoBe"
I was there for one night only. This is a superb location right across from the beach at 7th St. There is a self park garage for $20 for 24. hrs two blocks away. The hotel is under current renovation . I am sure once that is completed the price will increase dramatically. Right now , given its location it is a bargain as long as you at not looking for the Ritz . It was built in 1937 , so it is an old hotel with lots of charm.
1 night trip Dec 16, 2014
Jon
"Clean, nice but simple"
It was an ok experience. Spent the night. Great service. Cafe next door is recommended.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
Majo
"Housekeeping"
I called housekeeping to change sheets they gave me a huge run around and still did not change the sheets which was very disappointing. Overall the location was perfect. I wud stay there because of the location.
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
"Perfect Location"
I've stayed at the park central several times at the great plate to be in South Beach.if you know the area it's centrally located between South of fifth and Lincoln Road. The next time I go to South Beach and I've been there over 20 times I will be staying there again
5 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014
Bryan
"Ocean Drive at it's Best"
If you want to see Ocean Drive then this is the place to stay, also quiet enough to sleep at the end of the night. Helpful staff too. Huge beds , would definitely stay here again
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
Andrew Peter
"Excellent overall!"
I will come back to it!
5 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
"Park Central not Good"
The hotel rooms were outdated, rooms look old. Paid for a room upgrade but the only difference was the view. Not worth the upgrade costs. Pool was listed as heated but it was too cold to swim in, so it was not heated enough. Front desk staff was not good. Tried to sell us parking for $28 a day but your better off paying at the meters. THE ONLY Thing good about the hotel was the location.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
DC
"Short stay"
Nice hotel walking distance to shops and restaurants staff very helpful. Beach across the street, would stay again
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
short stay
"close to beach great local."
The hotel is beautiful and historic, The faucet drip, musty carpet and smell could be improved. There is no rooftop pool.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"Pretty good. Cozy."
Pretty good. Cozy. No fridge. Decent staff. Charming architecture & building. Cute pool. Moldy smell in hallway but the room didn't stink. I would go back.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
rachel
"Perfect for Us"
I almost never write reviews but we greatly enjoyed this hotel. Housekeeping, front desk, and concierge all were friendly and attentive. The rooms, although not the Ritz, were very comfortable and more than adequate. The bedding/beds were great. The location could not be beat. Perfect hotel.
3 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Adam
"Poorly trained staff"
Staff slow to respond to calls. Was placed on hold once and the staff person never picked up again, after ten minutes I hung up. The staff I spoke with seemed uncertain of their duties. I won't use this hotel again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Gene
"Location, Location, Location"
Visited for 4 days and didn't want to deal with cabs or driving. Location is great - lots of restaurants, bars, and the beach all within walking distance. The hotel itself is in sad condition - clearly the owners are not interested in spending any money to improve the property and instead are maximizing their RIO. This is a short-sighted approach that over time will not serve them well. Examples include the window air conditioning unit in our room running 24/7, tub that never drained properly, and toilet noise after filling that is likely fixed by replacing the fill valve (unlikely considering the owners have no interest in spending any money to improve the property).
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"Has so much potential"
Upgraded to a corner room on top floor with view of the beach-magical! Low rise hotel in Art Deco district. No lobby to speak of. Its a large empty space that could be incredible with proper decorating. No luxury amenities here, barebones staff but rooms are decent, clean, bed very comfortable. Great location
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
sonia
"Hotel on Ocean Drive, next to the beach"
The hotel is ok but the room is very small and very noisy and they overcharge for parking - considering that there's a much cheaper parking (which they don't tell you) just in the side street.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Davide
"Great location."
Hotel was in a great location for those looking to visit south beach. It fits the style of the historic neighborhood. I was told they are planning a remodel soon.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
eric
"Nice hotel that is steps away from the beach"
We were only staying for one night. We got off the cruise ship much earlier than planned. The staff was very accommodating and even found a room for us to check into immediately, well before check-in time. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the bathroom, though plain, was nice. It is a historic hotel with nice upgrades.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
b_long
"Poor experience"
Room and bathroom were dirty, place overpriced. Everything is very very old, nothing matched pictured on the website. Very disappointing for the hotel in such a great location.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
M
"Thanksgiving getaway in Miami"
Have stayed here in the past but the hotel has definitely gone down hill. First the wireless wouldn't work in the room and the hotel staff said it was my apple IPhone was the problem. The front desk person was very hard to understand but he just kept repeating to keep trying and it would eventually work!! Very poor customer service. He knew that the wireless doesn't work in that building but kept insisting it was my problem. Then I walked to another building and it worked fine. After first day demanded a new room and then it worked fine. The rooms are very tiny and the ocean view room means that you stick head out window and look way out to see. The TVs are very outdated and the remote only works after you turn on the TV and then of course you have to get out of bed to turn it off. Both rooms were up against another building and there was trash and junk lining the space below....wasn't very pleasant to view. The hotel bar is gone and looks very boring when you walk in. I won't be staying here again and advise others to look at other hotels.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Don
"If you are a couple..."
Mattress was terrible, we got the queen size bed but it was like double size and it was so old!!! noisy!! and uncomfortable !!!
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Trinity
"Nice place, good food"
I was not expecting to have all the confort I have, It is really good
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Excellent staff, Ideal location, Poor room Comfort"
The hotel staff was very accommodating, welcoming and available to assist. However, although room service attended to cleanliness daily, the room had a horrible odor/stench. May have been the carpet flooring and/or the lack of air ventilation. All windows [including the bathroom] were nailed shut leaving a ceiling fan and an air-conditioner as the only options. Due to high humidity, any left damp clothing will remain the same after 24 hours.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
A
"Great Location But really old hotel"
Is located right on south Beach! But the hotel is old And the Rooms are run down! Staff is Polite!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
MATT K
"Across the street from the beach--and Clubs!"
Nice staff and excellent valet. I've never been called "Sir" so many times. Best part-- location location location! It literally is on the strip and across the street is the beach. There are many many restaurants right down the sidewalk. All the clubs and Dance spots are literally a few steps from the hotel - right down the sidewalk. You'll never need to drive - everything is in walking distance including shopping, I definitely felt like a VIP in this hotel. Thanks for the GREAT experience!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
mitch
"Nice Hotel, directly across from Beach with Pool!!"
Great location! Right in the heart the art deco South Beach District! You do not need a car, within walking distance of every variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Staff, security guard and concierge service was very efficient and friendly. Beautiful view of the South Beach strip, nightlife and Beach! This Hotel has a gym, rooftop with loungers, chairs and tables and an inground pool. It's one of the original Hotels in Miami built around 1937, re-furbished with spacious and clean rooms.
"Nice hotel, close to the beach and restaurants."
Nice hotel, close to the beach and restaurants. Staff was extremely helpful. Only negative was the noise from the air conditioner
"Directly across from the beach"
We only had a overnight layover but the room was cozy smelled great and the bed was fabulous! It was raining when we arrived but in the morning we took off for the beach and wandered all the shops and boardwalk. Well worth the stay!!!!
Kimberly
"CG and Co. Getaway Weekend"
I must admit I was a little hesitant when my friends told me to book my room here! The pictures don't do the hotel justice. However I was so happy to find that the hotel was actually quite nice and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate any of our requests! I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to other guests. Another plus it is a bit away from all the hustle and bustle of the other hotels yet right in front of the beach! Close to all restaurants and nightlife...
3 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Christinem
"South Beach Art Deco Getaway at Park Central"
This was our second time at this fifties hotel. I love the era feel and the whole experience. Fun restaurants and people watching. Location couldn't be better. Swam in the ocean 78 degrees and the heated pool was so relaxing. Woke to a beautiful sunrise and had a fabulous breakfast. Hope I return soon.
becky
"Good location, could be cleaner."
Hotel was well priced and had all amenities needed. There were a few bugs in the room when I woke up, however other than that, no complaints
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"NOT SO HAPPY"
The Hotel is a bare bones, old facility. It is not worth $220 per night even though it is right on South Beach. They closed the restaurant in the Hotel so the lobby and other ground floor rooms are empty...no furniture...nothing. The people who work there are very nice..i will say that.
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Not to expect too much"
I was expecting way too much for this hotel.. They really need to do renovations.. If they gave you a room in the second floor, if possible, dont take it change it to other floors, because it really smells bad on that floor..and its like a motel style not a hotel.. Motel bathrooms are much bigger than theres.. The plus side on this hotel is nearby everything, the location are really great and the staffs are very helpful and undertanding too..
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Janie J
"The front reception staff was very helpful ."
Overall a good experience. Very accommodating staff and great location.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Hotel is very run down, should be closed during the renovation. Toilets in rooms barely even flush and public restrooms are a disaster. Most of the staff was very helpful given the property have to deal with. However, one night we had two men (with a key)enter our room as we were dressing for dinner. Given we were two women alone, I found it most distressing when I called the front desk and was told " it is not a problem, nothing to be concerned about.". We were very uncomfortable leaving for dinner, and stacked suitcases and room furniture at the door to feel secure enough to sleep. Unacceptable at ANY price. Bare minimum I expect in any hotel is safety.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014